I'm in the market for a new car. Budget is 25-30k...

I'm in the market for a new car. Budget is 25-30k. Prefer new tbhfam but would consider use if it's low miles and well maintained and all stock. Hoping you guys could recommende something that is the best combination of the following:

>fun to drive
>reliable daily driver
>good handling for dem twisties
>reliable enough to last for 10 years without issues
>road/wind noise on the low side and decent quality interior
>6mt or dct
>rwd or and but would settle with fwd if it met more of the anniversary criteria

I know it's a lot to ask for in one car but I don't expect anything perfect, just a good combination for a fun reliable dd

Pic related, 2017 Civic Si prototype, might be a decent option when released, but don't know enough details yet. Also considering mazda3, wrx limited, gti, focus st, brz, Miata, s2k

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4
carbuzz.com/news/2016/8/8/Subaru-Told-Us-Why-The-Turbo-BRZ-Won-t-Happen-7734881/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GTI.

Question. Why not Camaro LS 1LE?
granted visibility isn't the best and the trunk opening is small (the trunk itself is big oddly), but it has god-tier handling, a god-tier sound, a decent interior, the 3.6L V6 is reliable, and it has a 6mt or a 8 speed automatic... well the 1LE option is 6MT only but you know what I mean.
It's even RWD.
It was car of the year last year for a fucking reason.

>a god-tier sound
btw, proofs.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4

Mustang GT

>new Mustang GT for under 30k
don't think so Tim.

G37 manuel
Audi A5 (3.2)/S5 manuel
E350/550 coupe
C300/350 sedan or coupe. C300 (sedan only) came in a manual but is rare.

OP this is your answer

Although I doubt it would last a decade without any issues.

He said he'd consider used if low mileage. A 2016 fits the bill.

>visibility
Looking behind you doesn't matter if you go fast enough.

You'll have an automatic, but with paddle shifters for when in sport mode.

not as well as a used 1LE Camaro that would outhandle the Mustang
With the Mustang, you have to get the V8 or you're miserable. But with the Camaro, it's great with all 3 engine choices.

>OP wants new car with good reliability and a decent interior
>anons post nothing but German cars with shit reliability and American cars with shit reliability and shit interiors

Never change Veeky Forums.

That was my initial first choice and almost bought a 2016 gti autobahn w/ performance package but didn't pull the trigger because of worries about reliability and maintenance costs. I can't afford to be stuck without a car for work

You can get one of these for sub 30k? Wow.

How about Focus ST?

My buddy recently bought an impala, don't ask me why, and he complains about the head unit and shit and having problems with electronics stuff. Not totally sold on quality in American cars, since I have a buddy that works at a ford plant and I hear stories

But the Camaro is ugly.

Used, as OP mentioned?

Yes. The 2014 models are all hoevering right at 30k.

Get a wrx

still fits all of OP's conditions and the car he;d be happiest with.

it doesn't count as electrical problems if he's too stupid to look up how to use the MyLink system.

*hovering

And just for clarification, were talking about the Lexus.

I don't know or care what a FERD is going for at all. Hopefully no more than the 20 bucks it is worth.

>blame the owner, not the shitty hardware/software your corporation churned out

It's always American companies that do this. Like when Apple said the antennae design wasn't the cause of bad reception, users were just holding the iPhone wrong.

The Bluetooth and shit would randomly stop working and shit. He kinda retarded but he wasn't misusing anything

Honda hrv

The depreciation rate of luxury cars never ceases to amaze me.

A new one is only 41-45k.

Lexus is actually considered to have great resale and low depreciation.

I want to want one but I'm concerned about cabin quaility and road noise. Plus I'm not too familiar with subaru reliability.
I don't need an sti and the wrx premium seems like a good mix of awd sedan with good handling and driving fun, but I'll need to test drive one for sure to be sold on the interior and dd comfort factor.

No way that thing isn't sporty at all it has none of the features op is looking for

Hey OP, you seem like you're set on i4/turbo i4 stuff, but if you're okay with the Camaro 1LE it fits all your criteria, expect not too practical (more than the Miata and s2k though). Personally, I just got a new '16 Focus ST because it's just big enough to fit 4 people, it's a hatch, has enough power for me, and it's fun to drive. Only downside is people will shit on you because "it's still just a focus". Also people will tell you the Fiesta ST is a better car, and it is more fun to drive stock vs stock, but it's cheap inside, performs worse, and (for me at least) it's too small to daily. Pic related, it's mine.

Buy 10 $3000 Civics

Interior is too chintzy-feeling. The infotainment system has yet to get a positive review from anyone independent. The Recaros, while perfect for a hot lap on the track, are too stiff to live with daily.

I personally couldn't make trade-offs on the interior like this, but maybe OP could.

I came to it from an automatic Saturn ion, so it didn't take too much to impress me. I went with the non-recaro seats because they were more comfortable for me, but some people like the partial/full leather recaros more too. Test driving all the cars op asked about would be a good idea though, an s2k is a much different experience than a civic si

The gti is your best bet, it's the best all around car under 30k new.
Reliability is hit or miss but if you buy new you hardly have to worry.

No way a VAG product is going to last 10 years without needing some kind of major repair.

If he drives the average 10k miles a year, hell be fine. You swear like vw is ferrari-tier to fix, going to a local reputable speciality shop literally saves you thousands

t. audi owner with over 130k miles and haven't spent more than 3k in 3 years on repairs

3k is a huge amount of money to spend in 3 years on repairs lmao

Maybe if you're literally dirt poor or a neet. I'm a college student on a part time job and still have money left over. Meanwhile my car isn't an embarassing plastic piece of shit that rattles above 20mph

>trying to justify blowing $3k to repair a used piece of shit just to look like you aren't poor
If you weren't poor you'd have a new Audi lol.

>$3k in three years
>$1000 a year in repairs
>a lot
Wanna know how I know you're a busrider? If not, what car do you drive, your mom's camry?

>your mom's camry?
The one that's needed $0k repairs in 3 years?

Nobody looking for longevity buys a VW.

you could get a low mileage used lotus elise for 30k (new ones are 35k), you might be a bit short on the interior, but it will be reliable because it has a toyota engine, it will be fun to drive, and it looks good.

>reliable daily driver
>good handling
>reliable for 10 years
>quality interior
>GM
nice try

Lmao. Be real proud of one of the most boring cars of all time. A plastic sterile fwd shitbox.

are you kidding me?
The most unreliable shit yoy can buy is Lotus of any kind. Yeah, they got the engine right, but everything else (electronics, gearbox, shocks)_ is shit-shit-shit

>it costs a grand a year to keep my car running
Holy shit that's horrible.

The 2018 WRX is supposed to have improved interior and reduced road noise. Not sure what your timeline for buying is but you mentioned the 2017 si so you might want to wait for the new si and wrx.

Just test drive all the cars you're even remotely considering.

Save your cash, just buy a bug eye Integra, install large rear sway bar.

If you're hell-bent on FR, get a Foxbody and mod it to your preferences.

K I A
S T I N G E R

>camaro outhandles mustang

Thats like saying the sloth outruns the turtle.

the wrx, gti, & the camaro won't last for 10 years ((reliably)) without issue.

your best options are frs/brz/86, & the s2000.

the s2000 will be reliable as all fuck, give you an incredible driving experience, & will probably continue to appreciate in the future.

the frs/brz/86 will also be dead reliable (providing you don't mod the engine), & also give you a pretty great driving experience. slap some wider tires & lightweight wheels on it and the car is improved by quite a lot, when you add some suspension mods you can outhandle damn near anything.

of course the s2000 is a better car out of the box, but they're starting to get pricey for low mileage + good quality examples.

the frs/brz/86 won't give you s2000 levels of performance from the factory, but you can buy them brand new, & start with a clean slate that you can adjust/mod to your liking.

i'd personally go with the s2000 if you can find a clean one for a reasonable price, but there really isn't a "wrong" decision between the two.

Not OP. How big is the trunk? I'm single but I still gotta carry shit, you know?

Post proof and source please

Toyota 86

s2000 trunk isn't that big, frs/brz/86 trunk is bigger with the ability to fold down the useless rear seats for more cargo space
>pic related

proof & source of those cars not lasting for 10 years?
general motors interiors fall apart extremely quick, their quality control is also known to be trash, turbo subaru engines love to have problems, & the gti will have audi-priced repairs for all the unnecessary """"german engineering""" shoved into an econobox.

Any chance the brz comes in an sti trim soon?

there have been concepts, but i don't think there will be a brz sti in the near future.

here's an article explaining why it won't happen (at least for now):
carbuzz.com/news/2016/8/8/Subaru-Told-Us-Why-The-Turbo-BRZ-Won-t-Happen-7734881/

Bump for recs and discussion.

I wish I wasn't so indecisive and could just buy something fun like a wrx or gti and be done with it, but I want to make sure I'm getting the best car for my money and I check as many of my boxes and it lasts without any major issues.

>another day, another boring thread asking for generic econoboxes

Just get whatever 5-doors Jap or Gook sedans you like, it's all the same shit anyway.

I don't just want a base civic or Camry, I want something sporty with good suspension without having to deal with a shit interior and ride comfort.

I'm used to supreme shitboxes so anything is really a step up to a whole different level, I just don't want to regret my decision so I like to do research and get others' opinions

Top trim Mazda3. Meets all of your criteria aside from rwd.

>of course the s2000 is a better car out of the box, but they're starting to get pricey for low mileage + good quality examples.

spoken like a true s2000 owner

then spend more or go used, you useless twat.

I specifically mentioned I'm considering used cars that have been well maintained..

Get a low mileage 2014 Regal Turbo

>turbo
>AWD
>maximum comfy

GTI dude... ranked one on car and drivers pick for best sport compact.

If you're really that concerned about reliability for a new car, a mazda3 hatch will be your best bet. It's barely behind the GTI