What are your honest opinions on Ford?

What are your honest opinions on Ford?

amazing company

Ford europe back in the days was awesome.

Would buy one if quality wasn't shit.

Their fanbase is consisted entirely of shitposting shills.

better than gm

I wish they did more stuff with Cosworth

>founded on other peoples innovation
>still practices this today
>cant do anything for themselves
Pathetic company

Good V8s.

Nope, the assembly line was created by FMCO

try again gm fag

They shouldn't have killed the Panther.

lol this

not much more to be said, other than I'd rather own a Ford than a GM or or especially a Chrysler

you need to be clinically retarded to buy a Chrysler product in modern times

plus the F150 is nicer than any of the other domestic trucks, as is the Mustang

everything else is fucking trash so who cares

Fuckin trash. Supposedly the company that holds the prophecy of automobiles. Garbage car company.

ransom e. olds did it first, moron

Nope he invented the MOVING assembly line

mass production, moron. stay btfo

what's the point of an assembly line that doesn't move.

henry>ransom

Family worked for Ford in the factories outside London for decades. Dad bought F150s, an Aerostar, and a Taurus.

All of them were generally sub-par or outright shit vehicles. We bought them because A-plan discounts, but it wasn't worth the headaches and maintenance/upkeep.

Dad switched to Honda and Toyota years ago.

I made the mistake of buying a Mazda3 as my first car, and sure enough Ford had their hands deep in that platform. Fucked it right up - suspension failures, brake failures, electronics issues. About the only shit that didn't fail was the engine and transmission, which were Mazda designs.

I drive a Toyota FJ now, would never return to a Ford product unless it was a toy used periodically and seasonally.

>tfw getting in a car and never, ever having to worry about it failing you

Priceless feeling desu m8s.

Ford > GM >>>>>>>> Chrysler

Don't buy a Chrysler

>The gasoline-powered Curved Dash Oldsmobile is credited as being the first mass-produced automobile, meaning that it was built on an assembly line using interchangeable parts. It was introduced by the Oldsmobile company in 1901 and produced through 1907. 425 were produced the first year,[3] 2,500 in 1902, with over 19,000 built in all.[4]

ok

and 1.5 million prius's have been sold on Henry's moving assembly line. stay btfo

henry>ransom

Not true.
But heres a fun fact.
Henry wanted an assembly for max efficiency during manufacturing to save money.
He also used the cheapest metals he could find for his vehicles and cut corners like crazy TO SAVE MONEY
He also paid his factory workers a bit more money so they wouldnt complain about the terrible build quality and would say "henry ford is a good man"
Its a disgusting yet effective business practice for max profit and max public relations.
Ford still practices this tactic today

Plus he officially hated Jews and was tight with Hitler.

+1 Henry

To be fair, James D Mooney got a Cross too, but he wasn't nearly as much of an anti-Semite.

>The gasoline-powered Curved Dash Oldsmobile is credited as being the first mass-produced automobile, meaning that it was built on an assembly line using interchangeable parts. It was introduced by the Oldsmobile company in 1901 and produced through 1907. 425 were produced the first year,[3] 2,500 in 1902, with over 19,000 built in all.[4]
>According to Domm, the implementation of mass production of an automobile via an assembly line may be credited to Ransom Olds, who used it to build the first mass-produced automobile, the Oldsmobile Curved Dash.[10] Olds patented the assembly line concept, which he put to work in his Olds Motor Vehicle Company factory in 1901.[11]
Henry Ford is easily the most overrated man in the history of the automobile.
Stay BTFO

They have interesting ideas but quality control seems to always be hit or miss.

Meh at best, but I own many of them.

Shit
Own one and never will again

So does Apple and literally every other company?
Billions of cars have been produced under the Henry's system. stay BTFO

Who fucking cares

I really want a Ford but I want it to be a truck. Trucks are max comfy.

It's pretty simple to explain their quality, and the quality of all North American makes.

You have 'X' amount of money to spend on a car.

The more you spend on labour (the factory slugs that put the cars together), the less you have to spend on R&D, as well as parts. If you have to pay your slugs $35+/hour to put together the cars, that significantly cuts into how much you have left over for R&D and parts.

Toyota, Honda, and even Hyundai spend a fraction of what GM, Ford, and Chrysler do on manufacturing. This means more money to spend on researching designs, perfecting and eliminating flaws/weakpoints, as well as more money to spend on stronger/better parts.

The margin can remain the same, which means the cars can be competitively priced with North American shitboxes. Albeit slightly higher, but for a 5-15% price increase, you get longevity/quality that is easily 25-70% better.

inb4 butthurt domestic fanbois splash assjuice all over this thread

>muh cheap metal

I guess that's why there are so many model T's still avaliable today. You fucking imbicile.

>Damage control
Good lord ford fags are mentally ill

Almost forgot, his high pay was to keep TURNOVER DOWN

wtf i love Tim Cooke now

>Henry wanted an assembly for max efficiency during manufacturing to save money.
That's smart business
>He also used the cheapest metals he could find for his vehicles and cut corners like crazy TO SAVE MONEY
Which also made the vehicles affordable for the average man: a good thing.
>He also paid his factory workers a bit more money so they wouldnt complain about the terrible build quality and would say "henry ford is a good man"
No, he paid them more so they would stay with him instead of going to competitirs
>Its a disgusting yet effective business practice for max profit and max public relations.
Maximizing profit is every business' goal, if they want to stay in business that is. Stop using profit seeking like its a deplorable trait.

I've taken your bait once, I'm not going to take it twice.

The metal isn't cheap, idiot. He used fantastic steel for his T's

Good
>decent engines, whether you want a V8 or a turbo
>won't let you buy an ST, RS, or Shelby if you can't drive stick
>makes stuff like the Raptor and Ford GT just for the hell of it even if it doesn't make them money
>generally gives a shit about trying to be good rather than just sitting on their asses

Bad
>current "angry cat fish" design language
>interiors have a weird aesthetic
>auto transmissions are garbage (not my problem though)
>fit and finish is pretty poor

If they can make the next Mustang a bit smaller/lighter/prettier I'll most likely buy one.

>build poor quality shit
>have HUGE markup
>fuck consumers in the ass
AMERICA!!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

5.0 coyote is a well engineered powerplant. They have lost their way with designs and manufacturing over the last decade.

Easy to get power out of all their old engines, the 2.3 lasts forevers, and i have multiple fords still running over 300k miles.

too bad gap between good manual trans is toploader and gt350 6 speed

No...

>>current "angry cat fish" design language

See: every manufacturer today

They are just giving people what they want. Design is fluid - it changes based on market demands.

Plus eco-Nazis force automakers to concede to environmental factors, which means aerodynamics come into play. I know you'd love every car to be a square shitbox with pop-up headlights and a 7.0L V8, but there are forces at work that supersede your juvenile demands.

>make a Mustang a bit smaller/lighter/prettier

Nigga shut the fuck up, it's a muscle car. It's supposed to be fat and full of ponies. It's not your trimmed-down bitch nigga car you Paul Walker cuntfuck.

Blows my mind how many Tokyo Drift faggots actually exist IRL.

Literally all Ford did was reverse a slaughterhouse and built cars using it. He was a literal retard whose only goal was to make money by making shit as cheaply as possible. He wanted to build the Flathead V8 without a water pump just so it could be cheaper. He nearly ran Ford into the ground twice. He wasn't half the business man everyone wants to believe he is

>Easy to get power out of all their old engines, the 2.3 lasts forevers,

That's a Mazda engine you worthless nigger, don't ever forget it.

The MZR family is god-tier, show some respect. The 2.0 and 2.3 are NOT Ford inventions. They never were.

Horrid build quality and terrible engineering

Rips off everything good from GM + smaller companies and passes it off as their own.

Ecoboost is just a marketing ploy, those small downsized turbo engines get as bad mpg as the n/a engines that replace and are more complicated and prone to failure.

Their V8's seem fine i guess cant fault them but the moment they do a ecoboost v8 we can pretty much chuck it in the bin

My grandfather had a Taurus that was completely solid. What did you guys do to them?

>He was a literal retard

Where's your multi-billion dollar global business empire? This guy even exploited the Second World War to turn a profit - fuck you and your bitch morals. This nigga was a stone-cold businessman.

If you want a muscle car, buy a Challenger. The Mustang is a pony car, and the original was barely 2500 lbs. Plenty of variants (like the Boss 302) was made for turning more than 1/4 miles. They've already ditched the live rear, so why not modernize the rest of the car?

>implying I want less ponies

Fuck off.

>Toyota FJ now,
Oh wow its literally a SWB Hilux/Prado with a bodykit

so many gm shills itt

>What did you guys do to them?

We had the audacity to attempt to drive it to the grocery store once a week, and occasionally to swimming lessons when I was 6 years old.

I know we shouldn't have asked that much of it - but to be fair, the F150 in the driveway didn't behave any better.

>shits its own transmission at 14,000km
>AC stops working at 40,000km
>windshield seals fail at 55,000km
>HVAC knobs constantly falling off for the life of the vehicle

Luckily Ford covered everything under warranty, partially because we bought it new and because we'd bought a ton of vehicles from them, but it was still a PAIT.\

The only reliable Ford vehicle I have ever encountered is my Grandma's 1993 Tempo - 219,000km and it still runs fine. The body is rotting out, but she just slaps bondo on the door sills every 12 months and it's fine. We keep telling her we'll help her buy a new car, but she won't get rid of it...

By "modernize" do you mean make it look like a boring electric razor or hideous like a new Camaro?

Except he wasn't the president of FoMoCo for the first half of WW2. Edsel Ford was. And when Edsel did die Henry took over and nearly ran the company into the ground
>The directors elected him,[91] and he served until the end of the war. During this period the company began to decline, losing more than $10 million a month ($138,400,000 today). The administration of President Franklin Roosevelt had been considering a government takeover of the company in order to ensure continued war production,[53] but the idea never progressed

>Hilux/Prado with a bodykit

You say that like it's a bad thing. Considering we can't buy a Hilux or a Prado in North America, and considering they're the most reliable vehicles in human fucking history...I'm proud to drive an FJ.

They make some exciting vehicles, like the GT, Mustang variants, and the Focus RS. But they also make a lot of boring cars for normies. They also can get up their own ass about >muh heritage.
But what car company doesn't? Among those still clinging to petrol engines, Ford is my favorite American car manufacturer.

Kill yourself dumbposter

We're all aware of the struggles Ford, GM, and Chrysler have experienced, but the question remains: where is your mutli-billion dollar global business empire you insolent fuck?

That's what I thought.

And not to shill for Ford, because their vehicles are trash, but they're the ones who didn't require a goddamn billion dollar bail-out like those cunts at GM and Chrysler.

100% correct. I like Ford and I drive one, but this is still true.

We're not talking about a 40+ year old 2.3L you stupid fucking shitlord, we're talking about the modern 2.3L MZR/Duratec engine.

Holy fuck could you be any gayer.

>we
I had the original post talking about the 2.3 and i was, in fact, referring to the lima 2.3

Couldn't give two shits about owning a modular engine

Love my Focus
My dream car is a Focus RS

Not him but,
Limas are shit

>key words: old engines

>claims old engines were Mazda MZR engines

>original poster restates that he was talking about *old* 2.3L

>tells user they were actually talking about the new 2.3 from the beginning even though he didn't start the discussion, to shift goalposts so he has something to shitpost about

Moral of the story is that you should just fucking kill yourself

>being so BTFO you have to resort to ad hominem
All I'm saying is Henry Ford wasn't that great of a business man and is overrated compare to both Walter Chrysler and Alfred Sloan. I'm not attacking FoMoCo itself. But if you want to play the bailout cars the CEO of Ford lobbied for the bailouts and still took 6 billion from the government

You're okay, anime poster friend

You're an old shitfag and no one cares about your 1970's engine you nigger.

You are both poor and stupid. I hate you.

smug anime trash poster needs to focus more on his dragon dildo cam shows and less on shitting up this board

>(((Ford)))

pathetic samefag so BTFO he needs to shitpost his own shitpost

You can stay mad and butthurt while I enjoy my Focus. I bet you you don't even own a car.

enjoying a focus

lel

confirmed for pleb level fuckwit

i bet you enjoy shopping at walmart and watching The Big Bang Theory too you midwest piece of shit

Are you really this upset that someone likes a 4 cylinder

Glad you seppos enjoy them

>shitposting this hard

>hasn't posted his car
>doesn't even argue that he has one

Thats nuts. Another relative had a Tempo and it was pure shit. Literally detonated WAYYYY before the warranty was even up. Dealer had to scoop that shit right up and give the money back

I'm 22, this is my first car. Better than some shitty rusted civic old enough to buy a gun, the kind stuff 50% of Veeky Forums drives.

And I'm not seeing the picture of your car.

moot point whatever car he posts you'll just shitpost about and call it gay he could post a 911 and you'd call him an arab or a faggot or something

fuck off faggot, you drive a fucking ford focus that's a cuck car bitch, he can be a nocarz teenager and you're still objectively car for driving that fucking shitbox

Here in yuropoor, Ford is pretty much one of the cheapest acceptable car brands. They are barely better than the french cars or fiat or opel. They have ridiculous meme tier engines as ford went full retard with downsizing. 3 cylinder 1 liter engine pumped up to 125hp is everything that is wrong with the car industry today. Also, their interior might be the most disgusting shit of any major car companies. Although they are improving with the newer models.

But to be fair, their steering and ride are best in business, if you want an even remotely fun econobox, Ford is the way to go.

>actual, obvious samefagging

Why don't you post your car and see if you're right?

>I'm 22

Yeah we gathered that much. Only a 22 year old would talk this much shit while driving a Ford Focus.

Fuck off kid, we could be riding bicycles and you'd still be a little shit-mouthed boyracer in your domestic crapwagon.

Fucking fag. I love rolling coal on pussies like you.

I'm not even american you shit fuck

CAR

>samefags
>accuses others of samefagging

yeah you've burned that bridge kid

Only a truckcuck could project this hard

>I'm not even american

>talking shit

confirmed for subhuman bean muncher

Holden is better than ford

can't hear you over the sound of your sister sucking my giant dick

i'll ask her to keep it down so we can hear your Borla fart can

Fine then, fag

This poster is literally shaking at his keyboard. He has been devestated this entire thread.

Really just look at this. It reeks of a west Virginia public education

Admit you have no car

Ayyyyy

>posts Focus sill plates
>then posts his Focus which is some base model shitbox

lmfao go fold some more tacos Pedro

That's my FiST's sill plates

It's 2 vs 1 bitch

So you own a Focus base model, and Fiesta ST.

Holy fuck we have reached a new level of degenerate spic.

I drive an A6 you poor fuck, what do you DD.

Heres my fords, just so were not samefagging like we have been this whole thread right

>fiesta ST
>slower than V6 Camry

wew lad

Its slower than a 4cyl mazda6

>3

it's slower than 90% of the shit on the road

if you're going to spend the money on one of these shitboxes, you're better off buying something 2-3 years old with 2x the HP and torque

goddamn clinically retarded poor people who think it's special to own a "NEW" vehicle even if it's the most pathetic shitbox they can get financing on

fucking lel, no wonder the economy fucked itself, we keep extending loans to these poor idiots