tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 5
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-5/
Respawn will be back to work soon™ now that the holidays are coming to a close, that means "content"

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread:

First for S P E E D

Boop

>Your Northstar will never be as cool as Viper's Northstar
Why live

scorch on complex is too fun

I hope the shitters stay in the doomed thread.

Was Viper autistic?

Only because most of the map is nothing but those corridors, and they only way to proceed is to either retreat and give up ground or deal with Scorch head-on.

But bro it aint fair I shot a Legion in the foot with my devotion and he didn't die this is BS BUFF PILOT DAMAGE

Live for up and over Flight Cores. Noob Tones have no answer.

>me and an enemy both eject out of bounds
>pin him there with a gravity star and he dies from the timeout
HAHAHAHAHAHA

BUFF DEVOTION PLS

10/10

Smug

yes

I tried Northstar for the first time since the big update. I don't see how they buffed Flight Core. It feels like a sidegrade, or might even be a little weaker than before. I can't even put my finger on what they changed.

Only slightly related but wouldn't it make more sense for the titan's joints to be weakspots instead of the pilot's compartment?

Uhhhh...

Did I get banned?

yes
you shouldn't have been cheating, user

Just restart Origin.

I dunno, the hatches are quite thin compared to the chunkier titans legs?

>Fighting Titans as Ronin, doing well, executed a Scorch.
>Two are crowded around me so Phase dash to the side to get the fuck away.
>Die because a Reaper just so happened to be where I came out of Phase.

Reapers a shit.

They gotta be light enough that the force of an eject pops them off instead of killing anyone who tired to escape

>tfw you finally got how ronin works
And I'm having the time of my life. Next up is seeing how I can improve my Northstar game

hold sword block to prevent being destroyed upon exiting the upside down into titans or reapers or whatever

Think I'm just gonna start quitting whenever this map pops up. Literally antifun

That and Crash Site are the worst places for LTS, bar none

I tend to use Phase dash as a chance to reload so I frequently forget to use that trick. Plus, it's hard to remember in the heat of things when it get's really hectic.

Posted this is the old thread.

How do I get good with grenadier weapons? Cold War feels fun but the damage seems trash against other pilots.

Teach me your secrets, user.

From all the grenadier weapons, Cold war was the only one I couldn't use effectively. For others, stay high aim low.

I've noticed one side consistently gets more wins then the other.

>hold sword block to prevent being destroyed upon exiting the upside down into titans
It doesn't always work. I just got killed for the 2nd time while holding block when exiting.

How do I get out of a massive losing streak? Fuck, I've lost my last ten games in a row now. It fucking sucks. My last ten games KDA vs players has gone from 6.6 to

>Crash Site
>Enemy Tone does nothing but chase me down several corridors and into a building just to kill me
>Not to help any Titan fights or clear the rest of the map
>Just to kill me

Just take a break fampai
The harder and saltier you try the more disappointing it is to fail

Many of the Tone's I've gone up against have been like that if they aren't gigantic cowards who hide in a far corner of the with their shield.

As someone who uses cold war exclusively.

The air is your friend, it is also your greatest enemy. Try to aim for enemies who have just finished jumping and are about to hit a wall or the ground. Trying to hit a pilot while hes mid air with cold war is a whole new layer of hell that I don't wish to describe.

Wallrun fucking EVERYWHERE. Pick your target, engage stim and dive bomb him like your ancestor was a kamikaze pilot in WW2.

If you are on the ground you are doing it wrong, you want the enemy to be below you at all times for optimal targeting with cold war.

Also stim it up. Speed is lyfe for you cold war user, cloak is for rifle faggots, and grapple is for Attack on titan weeblords. Your goal is to break the fucking sound barrier with how fast you fucking go.

Thank you for enjoying user's guide to Cold war, please come again.

Note: any all all suicides caused by this guide are non claimable and are 75% of the time worth it because you ended up killing your target anyways.

I got to level 6 or 11 or whatever on my one gun and it didn't unlock the second mod slot. What's up with that?

Yeah it's not perfect, where you damaged?
Sword block doesn't nullify damage, it just reduces it

My understanding is when you phase back in it'll always do you maximum life total of damage. For instance let's say 100, just for ease of numbers

Let's say sword block nullifies 25%, so you'll take 75 points of damage always, meaning if your below it, then boom

*map

>Letting an enemy titan run away when you know you can kill them

!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

itll always prevent total destruction, but you will still take damage. you may have been doomed and took enough damage to be destroyed. im not sure how much damage you take when doing it

Are you using the stupid enemy finder scope?

>If it's not a VOLT it's an EVA
>If it's not an EVA it's a Devotion
>If it's not a Devotion it's a VOLT

Not to mention the Tone spam... what has this game become?

maybe

>implying it matters what the enemy who only exists in your crosshair for 2 seconds has in their hands before they die

Just use the Alternator, the best gun in the game.

hemlok users: faster ADS or threat scope? i just cant seem to decide upon one. threat scope has been very useful in many scenarios, but faster ADS seems to be useful if one is trying to go fast with this gun.
generally im going slower than when im using the CAR or coldwar, simply because its harder to ADS and still keep good aim when going fast. ive compromised and basically move from one good vantage point to the next as fast as i can. get a kill in one spot and slidehop my way to another, rinse and repeat.

>WAH WHY ARE PEOPLE TRYING TO WIN THE GAME THEY SHOULD PLAY HONORABLE SHIT WEAPONS LIKE ME ON PURPOSE ?!

>go fast
>>>/tribes/

The hemlok is not for hipfiring and running around like an idiot you have to position and shoot and reposition, since you will be spenind time ADS since it has horrible hip you should take faster ADS and fast reload because of that you can't threat scope so acog instead

I just find that the grenades don't actually kill pilots in a single burst. Am I just not hitting them or is the damage subpar?

>you have to position and shoot and reposition
yeah thats what i said i basically did. i take fast reload on pretty much all my guns. have you personally used threat optics a lot on hemlok or is this just what you think based on the weapon and such?
either way thanks for the input

I've been watching frothyomen's videos on TF2 and took his advice i've use hemlok for a bit and it's beast but it's power is inconsistent in a game where "speed is life" if refuse to play a burst fire weapon anymore.

If you're on console it is better with auto aim I guess.

1 burst from a cold war will kill any pilot if you hit them unless they stim at the exact right moment.

Just gotta aim better my friend.

The Cold War, like a number of weapons, are inconsistent with their fire. Sometimes, you'll only catch an enemy with the splash damage, and they'll live by the skin of your teeth and murder you in retaliation because it always takes a full second between Cold War salvos. It's the same problem the Sidewinder SMR has: it'd be much more reliable against Pilots if it were vaguely more consistent. But it's not, so it will regularly lose out against the most consistent and most damaging weapons in the game (Devotion, Volt, Hemlok, etc). Even if you perfectly get the drop on someone with the Cold War, there's no guarantee you'll kill them, and that's why the Cold War is only a hair above shit tier.

>people always poop on holo pilot
>it works all the fucking time

The Hemlok is the only burst-fire weapon in the game (if you don't count the Cold War). Getting a kill requires hitting the full burst, and in a game where everyone goes incredibly fast, that's difficult to pull off. It's why the other two best guns in the game, the Volt and Devotion, are full-auto bullet hoses.

People hate fun.
More news at 11.

The issue is that Holo Pilot is a niche offensive tactical. It provides no survivability, no mobility and no additional utility.

This is precisely why the Holo Pilot is so effective at what it does: because no one expects it, and everyone falls for it. Just because it works doesn't mean it's good.

>Cold war
>Shit tier

If your garbage maybe.

You cannot deny that the slow ROF and the inconsistent shots make the Cold War more unreliable than most other guns. If you don't kill on that first salvo, you're fucked.

As a general rule in FPS games, you want faster ADS with anything semi-automatic. Also ew, hemlock, ew threat scope

whats wrong with threat scope on hemlok?

not if you go fast enough

Personally found the crosshair in the threat optics hard to keep track of, more so than other optics.

>look at area that has sunlight in it
>not even looking in the direction of the sun
>optics become incredibly muddled and practically disappear

Tired of that shit.

>Sword block doesn't nullify damage, it just reduces it
>you may have been doomed

I was at about 70-75% life.

>WHY ARE PEOPLE TRYING TO USE THINGS THAT AREN'T THE BEST THEY SHOULD JUST NEVER HAVE FUN AND ONLY WIN

fuck off. i don't even get how people can feel good about winning by abusing broken easy shit, especially when the only difference between winning and losing is one goddamn merit (if even that).

the fucks that ruin the fun for everyone else just for "muh winrate" should be forcibly transferred to league of legends

>Decide to start using Norhstar for the first time
>Get Viper thrusters
>Go Sanic fast and Flightcore actuallyy kills things

Is this what love is?

If you don't care about winning go play overwatch then you babby, ffs, people are going to be tryhards in literally EVERY videogame or thing in life period, i've there's a way to "cheat" or "game" a system people will do it, people that don't join the crowd like you are just idiots.

does it suck? yeah but just like a wise man once said "if you can't beat em join em"

Seriously just git gud with whatever shit weapons these kids are ruining you with or start using the same weapons and doing the ruining it's that simple retard.

>play some games with trash man loadout
>panic shift
>alternator bug abuse
>charge rifle bug abuse
>feel nothing

>play matches with ruse cruise loadout
>holopilot
>amped double take
>archer for distracted titans
>the most fun setup

>alternator bug abuse
>charge rifle bug abuse
Oh christ now what?

if you tap fire the alternator it has absolutely no recoil. a lot of people violently insist this is intentional, but given that the alternator's niche is supposed to be high-power high recoil, and the bug doesn't work in ads i find that super unlikely. this bug turns the alternator into undeniably the best gun in the game, letting me snipe cross-map without having to stop moving
as far as the charge rifle bug goes, it's good old fashioned fast swapping between two weapons with quick swap on them, makes it faster than it would be with just charge hack.

You're shedding your weakness. Soon you will be strong enough for the skies.

>Tone is a 3 star difficulty Titan
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Are there any news about the DLC so far? The first DLC was released around a month after the game's release so I was hoping that there would be at least some information about upcoming DLC before january. They will at least tell us something about the DLC before february, right? Right?

>tfw we will never get purchasable figures of every type of titan
>tfw we will never have any titanfall figures that aren't focused on singleplayer

There should be a Frontier News Network update next friday.

>it's good but that doesn't mean it's good
It gives survivability and utility because you win a standoff.

Beacuse the difficulty doesn't mean how hard it is to play as a certain titan, it means how hard it is to do badly while using it.

Objectively the difficulty to play as a titan is:

Ronin
Scorch

Ion
Northstar

Legion
Tone

Thanks man, this post gave me the resolve I needed to go full volt-shitter. Things are much easier now and I'm actually having fun.

Thank you.

Wingman or Wingman Elite

Wingman Elite if you can tolerate a projectile version of the same gun as a tradeoff for increased power.

>increased power
It's still 2 body shots or 1 head shot either way, right?

i thought it was just me, i guess something is funky with threat optics. guess ill stick to faster ADS

The Elite may as well be a primary.

OSHS to like 30 yards. Its hands down the best secondary weapon if you can aim between eyes. I had the 250 headshot camo at about 200 pilot kills, so it makes short work of all mobs as well.

It does more damage at longer ranges than the hitscan one does, and more importantly you never have to bother with ADS with the Elite.

i fuckin destroy metashitter lobbies using garbage weapons all the time

the point of videogames is 1) artistic expression and 2) to be fun. there's the professionally competitive side, but that's something completely different. by using zzzzz fall asleep tier easy-to-win weapons, you literally undermine the game by refusing to participate in the mutual mechanical challenges that are supposed to be there to foster fair and fun competition. youre literally, specifically not playing the game and only there to ruin fun for other people. it's retarded.

the point of multiplayer isn't to fucking win. it's not to find out who the winner is. that's what tournaments are for. the point of non-competitive multiplayer is mutual enjoyment of a set of mechanical challenges and constraints, because there is no more satisfying opponent than a human of equal calibre. this is basic game design theory, you play-to-win fuckwad

people with the "cant beat em join em" attitude 1) are bad enough to not beat them, and 2) are the stupid enablers that let those people exist in the first place. people like you make respawn think that shit like awall devotion is okay. if it sucks, dont just fucking go with it. be the change you want to see, for lack of better words.

as a final note, overwatch babies are some of the ragiest most tryhard people i've ever seen.

>TFW I finally unlock the Apex nose art for Northstar.

Then I can get on the mic and shout pilot lingo down the channel like some kind of aspie. Can't wait.?

Surprised there's nobody talking like Viper during a multiplayer match on Youtube.

need a soundboard

This is an exceptional idea. Committing all free time to levelling Northstar.

>only just now committing yourself to best girl Northstar

>not broing out with scorch
>not blowing your hot sticky loads all of ions and tone fuckboys

come on son

Friendship ended with Legion.

Northstar is my best friend now.

Legion is kinda chubby, Viper is right, speed is life.

Xboners have one spot open for 8v8!

Message Emacs for inv!

why is pilot sentry allowed in pilot v pilot?

practice

>still working on getting 50 executions
>Got killed today performing one even though the neck was already snapped it didn't count
>Chased down a guy another time and started doing it, but a friendly Titan walked over us and killed him mid animation so I didn't get the kill
>Half the time it just punches them

And then opportunities are already rare enough as it is to get the executions, I'm averaging like 1-2 an hour and I'm trying hard to get them. Pretty much once Titans start dropping in a match it's all over.

I wouldn't even care if that stupid Doritos Mountain Dew execution was available since it's the best one in the game and absolutely fucking brutal... But no, exclusive to a stupid fucking promo in the USA only.

practice

more practice

Unload your gun while strafing, dash and/or phase while reloading, repeat until Core, use Core in crowded area.