/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes and Gwent General - (/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/, /gwt/)

Toussaint hotties Edition

Standalone Gwent is announced!
playgwent.com
>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OqNet72FPF8
>Gameplay demo (E3)
youtube.com/watch?v=zabgNv6f2ZY
>Gameplay Demo (Gamescom)
youtube.com/watch?v=avlMgLy4H_w

GOTY Edition is out!
>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=qy8jmm9kY4A

Patch 1.30 is out!
>Changelog
wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.30-ENG.pdf

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/
>Experimental first-person perspective mod for TW3
www.skacik.pl/test.zip

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Debug Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Gwent Standalone cards
imgur.com/a/nJ3Df
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl
>Discord server
discord.gg/ydW4bCR

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/an-hero
yuki.la/vg/122342428
imgur.com/a/iyNIx
youtu.be/jt-iUG1jG0c?t=3m1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Geralt and Triss OTP

On my first playthrough of TW3, so no spoilers please. Does the Baron's storyline ever get resolved? I chose to kill the spirit because I thought it was lying, then felt like shit after finding out the kids got eaten. I found out recently that the ending to the quest I got normally finishes with Anna dying and the Baron becoming an hero, but because I killed the spirit he took her away to a medicine man in the mountains or some shit. Does that ever get closure, or is that the closest I'll get to a happy ending?

No, it doesn't get resolved, and he doesn't become a hero in the other ending, but I won't spoil it for you what happens.

knowyourmeme.com/memes/an-hero

Ha, never knew that, not much of a memester.

I forgot how out there this shit got

yuki.la/vg/122342428

Also here have this: imgur.com/a/iyNIx

I can't believe I have this much of this shit. I need help. I've wasted my life.
>tfw pretty sure way more of these exist than I've posted

Still mad at no Fringilla.

>still no EE
>still no birdfu
jdimsa

That quest has no happy ending. It's a cautionary tale.

>But I bet that pointed beak top comes in handy during blowjobs.
how would that work.

>how would that work
It would scratch the top of you dick as she goes down on you causing immense pain and pleasure at the same time.

>Does that ever get closure
Well, not really
It sort of kinda does depending on the game's ending but it'd be a huge spoiler

But really who cares, the death is the happy ending. She was a cheating slut and the baron was a drunkard wife beater who regret his actions. The sweet release of death.

I dunno about you but my dick doesn't work that way.

there are pills for getting it up user

>She was a cheating slut

>in her early forties
>has had sex with two men
>slut

this was CUTE

So you're implying that cheating on your hardworking husband doesn't make you a slut and that I'm a virgin?
ok.

>So you're implying that cheating on your hardworking husband doesn't make you a slut
Well a slut implies getting around a lot, not hopping from one monogamous relationship to another

>and that I'm a virgin?
where-do-you-think-you-are.jpg

>not hopping from one monogamous relationship to another
but that isn't what happened

oh heavens
thank you so much man
you're not wasting your life, you're doing gods work user

I guess there was some overlap. Still, think it's just cheating, not cheating slut territory.

Fun fact: The original meme was Big Titty Ciri, the 4k autist just liked Yennefer better and it spiraled from there.

Semantics my dear user
You say it's sleeping with a lot of men I say it's being a degenerate with a poor moral compass
Sure she wasn't working at the god damn brothel but at the end of the day she's the reason he started beating her and the girl had a shitty childhood.

DESU I wish I sorta wish I chose the option to 'just leave her, there's no help for her' rather than saying she could be saved. She was a cold hearted, selfish, small minded bimbo. Old mate baron should begin a new life, find a woman that loves him for him, and enjoy his years.

The villagers around are being harassed by the seargent and his men, all coz Baron isn't there to keep order. This woman, through her stupid actions and selfishness, has caused so much grief, loss, and death.

>Sure she wasn't working at the god damn brothel but at the end of the day she's the reason he started beating her and the girl had a shitty childhood.
pretty fucked up view desu

the reason he started beating her is that he is a self pitying scumbag with poor control

Poor lad can't come to forgive himself and move on. Funnily enough he probably would continue on living if his daughter wasn't such a bitch to him.

Do you mean to say I'm wrong or that you disagree with me?

t. woman's rights activist
Maybe don't cheat on your husband who is out risking his life to provide a living for you and your daughter XD
His only fault is not immediately breaking it off with her because he cared for her too much and probably could not support the child alone.

>The villagers around are being harassed by the seargent and his men, all coz Baron isn't there to keep order.
Those are actually the Baron's orders. Nilfgaard is using them to extract provisions for Army Group Center without hurting their own reputation. It's not explicitly stated and it's easy to miss on a first go through, but the Baron is entirely aware of what they're doing and the kind of men he's leading. They just take it up to an insane proportion once he's gone.

tbf she attacked him first but him being a self pitying drunk is why he kept it up and why she ran off in the first place. People that think Anna deserved it have issues even by internet standards.

>Funnily enough he probably would continue on living if his daughter wasn't such a bitch to him.
Yeah, dumb bitch should be grateful for all the times she was torn from her bed to talk her dad out of murdering someone in a drunken rage or watch him beat her mother. After all, he could have been hitting her.

I'd say never have children but I doubt it's gonna come up.

>Do you mean to say I'm wrong or that you disagree with me?
Both.

> and probably could not support the child alone.
Yeah because he'd be passed out drunk the rare times he was home.

you probably blame the rape victims for dressing too provocatively. his only fault is not being able to man up and act like a rational human being instead of destroying his daughter's life. him getting cucked is no justification for years of torture he put his family through.

Disregard fedoras, post birdfu

>be husband and soldier taking care of my family and making money
>come home from the battles one day to find my wife sleeping with another man
>kill that man
>wife gets mad at me and starts goading/prodding me all the time trying to get me angry
>I oblige
>now I'm the bad guy
We've got some top tier normies itt

Almost like it was the mother's fault he was so angry all the time
And the reason he could not support the child alone because he has to work
on a battlefield

I guess you just chose to ignore what the baron tells you about his wife XD
At least you have that morally superior snob mentality that lets you believe you're correct and hurf durf im an evil virgin

Yeah. Have you fully explored the crows nest place? there's a thing in the cellar that you should see, behind a locked door. Shows more of the character of the girl.

And yeah there's anons here who are quite staunchly pro-wife in this story.

The villagers weren't being raped and pillaged though. The MC states it clearly upon returning, and the seargent makes it clear that it's the decision he made. That gives me the feeling that the Baron was a much fairer ruler. Does that make sense to you?

Actually no she was cheating on him whilst he was away, the alcohol dependency wasn't the reason she ran off. That's what I know, via the facts. If you can show me I'm wrong then I'll change my opinion, obviously.

Yeah the anons don't see things clearly at all desu. Not sure why.

pls save us birdfu

>you probably blame the rape victims for dressing too provocatively
I think we know who he really is...

>I guess you just chose to ignore what the baron tells you about his wife
or just think his excuses are bullshit. oh no, my wife knew exactly how to hurt my feelings and provoke me so i had to beat her for years traumatizing our poor daughter. baron is such a victim, poor guy.

Interesting opinion, user. You seem like a well travelled fellow, is it enough that I beat my wench once a week or should I do it more?

I'm the Trissfag, not him :3

>>be husband and soldier taking care of my family and making money
>come home from the battles one day to find my wife sleeping with another man
You missed the part about him coming home to drink and that being pretty much it. She didn't just suddenly get hungry for Zerrikanian cock one day.

>And the reason he could not support the child alone because he has to work
Even when he was home he was worthless, he admits this.

>I guess you just chose to ignore what the baron tells you about his wife XD
How she said mean things and made him hit her?

She turned to religious fanaticism out of desperation from her shitty childhood.

>And yeah there's anons here who are quite staunchly pro-wife in this story.
Shocking.

>The villagers weren't being raped and pillaged though.
What is the first thing you see when you stop at the inn at the crossroads? Have you been reading noticeboards? Listening to ambient dialogue about them having to hide cows and daughters? And did you not notie the Nilfgaardian officer talking to the Baron when Geralt first arrives and the whole "I don't care how you do it, just make sure the deliveries are on time" thing?

>. Does that make sense to you?
Yeah, because you missed some things. It happens.

>Actually no she was cheating on him whilst he was away, the alcohol dependency wasn't the reason she ran off. That's what I know, via the facts.
What led you to this conclusion?

>That's what I know, via the facts.
What facts? That's not how the Baron presents it.

>If you can show me I'm wrong then I'll change my opinion, obviously.
No you won't, we've had this conversation before.

>Yeah the anons don't see things clearly at all desu. Not sure why.
We're neurotypicals. Sadly the thread is small and dead and filled by autists and newfags now so you aren't getting laughed at en masse like you would have in 2015.

You being a Trissfag does not prevent him from being a Trissfag.

>tfw can't tell if joking
tfw actually can but comfyanon will take the statement seriously without this disclaimer because autism

>We've got some top tier normies itt

>unironically using normie as an insult

The fact is that if the Baron was still there, and not off trying to help his useless wife, things would be better than they are.

Because we've already had this debate before you already know my opinion and I know yours. I think you misunderstand aspects and assume way too much. I've already shown you the facts given from the story. Obviously you are free to deny or pretend they don't exist, that's your issue. I don't have to resort to smug ad homs though, unlike you. Comes across as very insecure, user.

>ywn wake to birdfu's soothing chirps

I guess the game is so popular it is no surprise it attracted brain dead normies who cannot possibly even consider how it was the wife's fault for causing the entire situation by cheating on him and then continuing on to provoking him on a daily basis
nope he beat her and beating women is bad! My liberal arts college professor told me so!

>You being a Trissfag does not prevent him from being a Trissfag.
No, I'm the only certified Trissfag :3

I pretty much agree with this post, other than the neurotypical part. I just can't see the Baron as a victim, sure his wife also did some shitty things, but it was him who has the most blame for continuously abusing his family for years. He is a sympathetic character and has some redeeming qualities, but he is a scumbag and a weakling with poor self control above all.

>says the guy that started with TW3 and missed almost all the subtext
Read the books faggot.

>nope he beat her and beating women is bad! My liberal arts college professor told me so!
>oh the edge
If a leftist sociology professor said eating babies is bad you'd find a way to disagree. Literally a rightwing SJW.

What does the books have to do with the Baron's story?
>more logical fallacies
Good job user, keep them coming. I count 4 so far including your previous posts.

>ywn sell birdfu to a freak show for rare gwent cards

remove filter

not an argument :^)

Yeah, poor Baron, he had to deal with her mean words. Violence was the right solution. He should have killed her years ago, that was his mistake, it would have made everything right.

>maybe if I keep ignoring what the wife did then he'll forget about it too

Don't worry about that other user, they are a really insecure person and it shows through their posts.

Here's some info from the writers that wrote the Quest line.

"For a while, the Bloody Baron was exactly that: a baron. Stachrya and Sasko grew bored of this scenario, however, and looked for ways to shake it up. They started by giving him a more detailed past, coming up with a lengthy history for the Baron and his wife. They explained how the two not only fell in and out of love, but grew to hate one other to the point of physical and emotional abuse."

The user tries to play it off as 'wah wah just words' - whereas the writer(s) consider it emotional abuse.

Furthermore, the user tries to make everyone who doesn't agree with them feel bad, saying all that shit about being neuro-atypical and shit like that (this comes from their insecurities). The writer(s) see things in a different way:

“For me this story is very personal,” said Sasko. “I was born in a poor village in the Polish mountains and in my childhood I saw families broken by alcohol and violence. Being a child, I saw parents hitting kids and fighting with each other, while at the same time being in love and doing everything for their families. After the game was released, I watched the playthroughs, read forums and e-mails and observed what I expected to see: players reacted very differently, depending on their background. People who forgave the Baron were not the minority, which proved for me that giving this choice to the players was the right thing to do.

(cont)

>dislike single moms
>thing modern feminism is cancer
>post redpill statistics on mental illness, poverty, and behavior disorders in children raised in single parent households whenever possible
>personal biggest fetishes all involve hurting and humiliating women
>have acted them out irl (legally)
>get accused of being a feminist SJW for saying a drunk abducting a woman and beating her to keep her from leaving him is bad

It's been a hell of a year.

>he still thinks only one person thinks he's autistic

>he still thinks thinking the baron is in the wrong in a big way means no sympathy for him

I am new to the witcher universe.. How do witchers view other witchers?

Like does a witcher know every other witcher? Are witchers particularly friendly towards one another? Like if you are a witcher and I am a witcher and we see each other in passing.. would we like say "Hey..." or??

Also, how are witchers created? I think I saw somewhere that its implied witchers are created and not born? How are new witchers created or are they like a dying breed? Whatever is left in the world for witchers is all thats left?

How do witchers from other schools view each other? If I am a wolf witcher and I meet a bear witcher or whatever, what might I say or feel towards them? Are some schools frowned upon and others revered?

Help me understand.

I don't disagree with none of the things you quoted, yeah, she emotionally abused him, no one said she didn't, but that is no justification for physical abuse. And it's not even about them only, there is a daughter for which he had zero regards for.

>The user tries to play it off as 'wah wah just words'
Just one of the many logical fallacies. Let's downplay their issues. It's okay that the woman is provoking the abuse and mentally torturing him while ruining the childhood of her daughter, she's getting hit after the fact.

The writer(s) also said:

"Before you learn the Baron’s secrets, he talks about his wife and daughter with the deepest of affections. You feel for him. He comes across as a man torn between the obligations of ruling and family. It’s only when you put together the other details—he was an alcoholic, murdered a man his wife was seeing, beat his wife and caused a miscarriage—that everything becomes…complicated."

Firstly, the wrong doing of the wife is played down. Not sure why, I guess that's just the times we are living in. A wife should be there through thick and thin, she should have been helping him, not cheating on him. Anna was a terrible spouse. She began cheating on him very soon after the Baron was called to the war front. Evidence is here: youtu.be/jt-iUG1jG0c?t=3m1s

Secondly, people down-play the way the aggression, manipulation, and basically terrible nature of the wife. They only see the faults in the Baron, many of which were brought about by the shitty nature of the wife.

Thirdly, people don't even recognize that the wife wanted, and had initiated, the miscarriage herself.

At the end of the day, people are going to see what they want to see, no matter what.

Dank meme arrows, anons.

Words are like bullets and poor Baron only had his fists. He is clearly the victim.

>I am new to the witcher universe..
READ THE BOOKS FAGGOT REEEEEE

>How do witchers view other witchers?
Depends on the witcher.

>Like does a witcher know every other witcher?
No. In the past there were too many. In the present, they're too few and spread out. Everyone in the remnants of a given school might know each other, but a Wolf isn't likely to know a Cat for instance.

>Are witchers particularly friendly towards one another? Like if you are a witcher and I am a witcher and we see each other in passing.. would we like say "Hey..." or??
Depends on the witcher. They might commiserate on their circumstances, cooperate on a particularly dangerous hunt, or get pissed at the competition.

>Also, how are witchers created?
Back in the day a few groups of mages made them. Likely subjects were taken as children, put throuh brutal training, and if they survived, given mutagens that augmented their abilities. This process was extremely painful, dangerous, and frequently lethal.

All the mages that knew how to do it are now dead, witchers themselves are dying out and being replaced by other hunters of the increasingly small monster population. Witchers themselves are all sterile, so no more mutation process=no more new witchers.

>Whatever is left in the world for witchers is all thats left?
Yes.

>
How do witchers from other schools view each other? If I am a wolf witcher and I meet a bear witcher or whatever, what might I say or feel towards them? Are some schools frowned upon and others revered?
Depends. Some schools barely know of each other they're so far apart (Wolf and Viper). Some do have poor reputations (Cat school long ago stopped primarily being witchers and instead became hired assassins. They have a reputation as psychotic murderers even more so than other schools, and it's not entirely unjustified.)

Actually it's stated that he made sure his daughter wanted for nothing, he never physically abused her. She copped second-hand emotional trauma but if her mother wouldn't goad, abuse, and emotionally fuck with the baron then he wouldn't physically abuse her.

It's shown that he regarded his daughter highly, that's my point. He just wasn't a perfect person, and had a shit wife.

>Actually it's stated that he made sure his daughter wanted for nothing

He says the same about his wife.

>literally thinks buying roses and ponies makes up for physical and emotional abuse.

>Just one of the many logical fallacies
Name the fallacy. Hard mode: No wiki.

>exactly one minute between posts
IMPRESSIVE

If his wife were a good person, and not a selfish, manipulative slut then the lives of all three could have been much better. Old mate provided well, good food, good lodgings, and other nice things such as flowers and ponies, yeah. Just a shame the wife was a fuckwit

Yeah, she had material things, but money doesn't erase emotional trauma. And again, no one is saying the wife didn't do bad things, it is just his reactions that are overblown and far more damaging to the family and his daughter's mental well being.

Who broke your heart Comfanon?

>tfw trick a man into marrying you, fucking off, getting drunk, and hitting you a lot

comfyanon speaks like a jadded cucked man

but the post time limiter is 90 seconds not 60

Or a guy that never got that far in the first place.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses through the game. How long till "Why am I even helping Ciri what an ungrateful bitch?" and regret posts about romancing Yen? Not to mention (assuming no cheating) bad dad ending

Well you could easily put his actions down to emotional trauma caused by the wife, you see?

More ad homs, anons. I've already spoken to you about those.

the limit was one minute years ago, calling attention to it is a meme

typical liberals that can't argue worth a shit and resorts to petty insults implying they're lesser than your ever so holy selves

Post your gwentfu

He became a drunk before then, which is what precipitated the collapse of their marriage. Something he admits himself. The war likely bears some responsibility for that but not every soldier becomes a drunken wife beater.

I'm a right leaning trump voter my fashy /pol/ friend

What happens when there are no more monsters to hunt?

He wasn't a drunk before then, she cheated on him before he was a drunk. It's stated in the cutscenes which I linked just before. Go back and watch.

He drank to deal with the stress of war and missing his family since he was away for so often and for so long
The wife cheated on him while he was away for a long time
>he's not a saint so it's okay that she's a massive bitch and caused basically everything

>dem thighs

Birdfu art when?

That's a question everyone has to figure out. Some witchers have different answers, some have none at all. Increasingly, Witchers either die destitute hunting vermin or hire themselves out as mercenaries, bodyguards, and assassins.

No it's not. He states outright that he started drinking during the war and couldn't give it up when he got back home.

What could have caused her to sour on the relationship? HMMM, WHAT A MYSTERY

>he's not a saint
>forgetting Saint LeQuandrious the Ho-beater

I like how you pretend his reaction was the only justifiable one. Why didn't he pack his bags and left, found another wife, try to raise his daughter the right way? No, he decided to get even more drunk and abuse them for years.

It's not worth it to actually argue with those two, just have a laff.

It's obvious you guys were smart enough to start with the last entry in the series so let me help you out: Temeria wasn't in a couple of wars over a period of a few years. The Northern Realms are pretty much constantly in a state of low intensity or proxy warfare with each other. There's been a war involving Temeria every few years for decades. These events didn't happen as quickly as you think they did.

Trissfu is my everyfu :3

Mill this

It's stated that she began cheating on him whilst the baby was only months old. He began drinking after multiple different battles. It's all stated in the cut-scene which I linked a few posts up, user.

>What could have caused her to sour on the relationship? HMMM, WHAT A MYSTERY
The fact that he went to work and she was lonely therefore went to fuck someone? Or do you mean how the baron killed her lover

I like how you literally make shit up and refuse to acknowledge that the majority of the fault lies on the wife

Ever so superior, user. You're so intelligent.

And? I know you really wish to feel superior for reading a few books but what does that have to do with this? He was away for a long time regularly (he says so himself) therefore it's okay for her to cheat on him while he's gone? I seriously do not understand this cuckold apologist mentality.

It's like talking to a chatbot.

Tyrone must be in a good mood to let you have internet in your cuck cage.

You spend much of your time talking to chatbots? Tell us about it.

>weak formulaic burns posted within a second of each other
we need to go deeper

D*mn this is getting pretty sad now.
Let's talk about neat areas in the game - post some dope screenshots if you have 'em.

You win dude, you won the internet argument. Congratz :)

>tfw 960
at least I can admire your screenshots

>1536x864

I for one am not surprised with this coming from one of the dullest franchises in the history of video game franchises. Each episode following the witcher Geralt and his pals from Temeria as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Marcin vetoed the idea of Sapkowski writing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his books. The Witcher series might be anti-Communist (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the first two acts were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the game was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time a character was to express anger, the devs wrote instead that the character shot "O Kurwa"

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Marcin's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Wild Hunt by the same Todd Howard. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing The Witcher at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play Skyrim" And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "The Witcher 3" you are, in fact, trained to play Skyrim.

The writing is dreadful; the game was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time a character was to express anger, the devs wrote instead that the character shot "O Kurwa"

That sentence has no semblance of sense. What is it that you were trying to say?