Buying an R50

Considering pulling the trigger on a 08/09 VW Touareg R50. Seems like the perfect car for me. I dont do raceboi driving, nor take my car to the track. I like the way it looks, with the extended wheel arches and some extra chrome details here and there. We've got lots of snow where i live, so a big and heavy diesel engine up front is perfect. 5.0 V10, 345hp and 627 lb ft /850nm of torque. Any of you had an ecounter with one of these? Theyre pretty hard to find as they sold in a pretty small number.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WmM-635RR6o
youtube.com/watch?v=Vb6fGjDQS78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Too exepensive for anyone on Veeky Forums to have the slighest opinion about

youtube.com/watch?v=WmM-635RR6o
nice car

That's one hell of a bland car, just like most Volkswagens. But why do you think it's a good idea to ask about it here?

was my first car. V10 TDI.

Don't buy it. Unless you have like 2x the car price saved up and a beater to daily while it spends a week in the shops.

week in the shops every other week*

My dad has had 3 Touaregs and I hate them all. Terrible visibility, automatic gearbox reacts like a sloth, feels very constricted and claustrophobic on the inside, goes wrong all the time.

What part of the world are you in? They are the duck's nuts. Would happily pull a 25' caravan with.

Why is it bland? Because its not flashy enough? Then thats the whole point. Its cool because it doesnt have to prove anything.

I cant really see why its going to be so bad. It has to boil down to the fact that if you abuse it, its gonna break like any other car. Except repairs and parts are more expensive. Although it could be that this engine isnt all that good, but it seems a little weird. 350hp from a 5 litre V10 is pretty "underpowered" compared to what todays 3 litre V6s produce.

>Its cool because it doesnt have to prove anything.

Thats why Germoney cars keep falling apart, idiots will buy them anyway.

How in the world did this make sense to you? Im saying it doesnt have to look flashy because the engine speaks for itself.

>lol german engeering is so bad lol idiots buy them because i know things about german car which they dont

Just confirming you're replying to a falcunt tier shitposter.
Get the R50, and be the object of my envy.

Just because it looks cool to you doesn’t make it a reliable car. Theres worse, but if something goes its going to be expensive.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vb6fGjDQS78

>hotwheels collection
disregarded.

This isnt at all what im saying. Im not sure if youre baiting or if youre just 13 years old.

It was taken care of.
Every week at maintenance. German cars are just built like shit. It's a car that should have speedo replaced by CEL

My lawyer aunt ones one, make sure you do maintenance.

It's currently been in the shop 3 weeks, bill is already over $8k for a tear down. Don't know the whole story but it sounds like the timing went.

She has 19+ pages of previous maintenance from the dealership and the warranty agent is trying to deny coverage because of "negligent maintenance" lmao. When she sent in the novel of service records they changed their tune.

She absolutely loves the car otherwise though, her hubby's dad was a VW mechanic and swears by them.

>She has 19+ pages of previous maintenance from the dealership

Jesus Christ!

If this doesn’t prove to anyone that VAG a shit, nothing will.

It's bland because there's nothing about it that gives it character or charm. It has no design. I'm not saying cars should be overly fucked like modern Lexus or Lambos but it should have at least something that makes it noticeable. It's also bland to drive, but cars of that size are always a shit driving experience anyway.

lol i dont care how VAG treats people in the US. In Europe VAG is godtier.

>it has no design

lol what the fuck. Its one of the better designed crossovers out there. And yes it has a lot of character and charm.

eurofag here.i had a q7 (pretty much same car) 6.0 v12 tdi. being a diesel, that thing was a beast with 1000nm of torque, the feel when you press the pedal is unbelievable. fuel economy wasnt really a thing on that car. good times.

>19 pages of maintainence

So youre saying VAG is shit because his aunt can document a good maintainance history?

I'd call the Touareg an SUV to rival the X5 and the Range Rover. It's the smaller Tiguan that's the crossover.

You're right, it's one of the better looking SUVs, despite its recent Golf-ifiation that's current plaguing VWs at the moment. Compared to its stablemate; the pig-ugly Audi Q7.
>"Hurr, let's see how many lines we can put into the design" said one Audi design man
>"Durr, like the pleats in our pants?" said another Audi design man
>"Yeah! And make it look as angry as possible!" said the first man, getting his head stuck in the wall again.

Expensive car to own & run

You can get a bigger, better equipped and more capable LandCruiser for the same money

But the newer land cruisers dont look so good.

Yeah. I really dont like the new touareg (2011 ->)
The first two gens of touareg were just so cool. Especially the interior was just a fresh breath to VW with that wide center console and those pretty looking controls for the diffs and air suspenion. The exterior was top tier as well. But from 2011 they blend in as just another car, which is sad really because they started out really good.