ITT: Bitches don't know shit about cars

ITT: Bitches don't know shit about cars.

Was waiting to get rung up at Walmart because they have the cheapest synthetic oil.(Mobil 1 Gold Cap FTMFW!)

Anyway, so there's a negress in there that came in to get air in the tires or something like that, and as a courtesy the tech checked her oil. Nothing on the dipstick. He asked her when was the last time she got an oil change, and she said she had never done it. Ever. Not once. WTF?

So they try to explain to her how important it was, and that they had a $19 special, and could have her in and out in 15 minutes because there wasn't anyone in front of her.

Nope. She wasn't having it. $19 was far too much. And she didn't see the point anyway, because the car was running fine.

She didn't even buy any extra oil to get it up to the dipstick.

I had to speak up, and told her $19 for an oil change was cheaper than $2000 for an engine. She said, "Well, I ain't got no extra $19." As she was paying for other bullshit that didn't matter.

>both black and female
wtf did you expect?

Why would you give a shit about what some nigger does? Fuck her, just another good set of panels to buy from some scrap yard once she fucks her car proper.

This is why I dont buy cars from women or minorities.

I used to work in an auto parts store. Seeing the amount of people that came in that knew so little about their cars, it was saddening.

I literally had a woman scream at me because I couldn't look up a part she needed. I couldn't do it, because she couldn't tell me what model toyota she drove.

"Its got four doors and I think its a four cylinder, that should be all you need!! What do you mean I need the VIN?!?!"

Literally one of the dumbest peopl eI have ever seen walk in the door.

One of my favorite stories is some black bitch that came in. She said her car turned off in the parking spot out front. When I asked her what she meant by "turned off", and after 2 minutes of translating babble I figured out her car overheated so hard it shut itself down when she was pulling in. I told her she needed to get it towed to a shop immediately, and that it shouldn't be driven. "But I gots work in 20 minutes, cant Iz jus wait til it start?"

I procceded to tell her the extent of the damage she probably caused and why she shouln't drive it anywhere. She said she got it, and she wait for a truck.

Then I went and helped another customer. 10 minutes later I looked out front and her car was gone. She had gotten one of the other associates to sell her coolant, which she wanted them to put it in.(They politely refused) Then sat in her car and tried to start it until it chocked to life.

People are just stupid, and have no concept of the fact their car needs maintenance like everything else in life. And these same people wonder why their repair bills are so extensive and expensive.

>tansmission
>ehaust

And this is exactly why buying new isn't completely batshit if you plan on keeping the car long past its initial depreciation hit.
(As in: at LEAST 4-5 years, but shooting for 10+)

If you're the only one who was ever in charge of the maintenance, you're never going to face the ghosts of previous owner's fuckups.

>windown

> car mechanics

Seriously I never got how people don't understand this. I like knowing how my car was broken in. I like knowing everything that's ever happened with my car. I don't want some retard buying a new factory turbo car and going WOT with the oil still cold and then selling it 3 years later to get the newest infotainment system and leaving a beat to shit car on the verge of blowing up

That is true, but as you experience more in life you do get an understanding of who is an asshole and who isn't. You can figure out who does maintenance and who doesn't, show is an idiot of full of hit and who isn't.

This one always gets me

>hey man, my wipers aren't working, can you take a look at it for me
>sure no prob, I'll figure it out for you
>mechanics face when he inspects car

>ftmfw
>>>reddit

>driving with a female friend
>brakes squek
>"oh god my brakes are so annoying"
>"you gotta oil your brake pads"
>"REALLY?" in a sarcastic tone
>"yeah i gonna do this for you later if you want to"
>"that would be nice, thank you"
>fast forward several days later
>i am at her house
>"you said you will oil my brakes"
>mfw it wasnt sarcastic
>mfw she studies material engineering
>than I slowly went with her throught the process how brakes work and what oil on them will couse, with some help she figured it out by herself how stupid she was

You can put silicone paste on the sliders and copper grease on the back of the pads.

I know, but that doesnt remove the squeking. Or am I wrong?

>brakes squeak
>solution is grease on caliper to pad contact points
>browbeat female engineering student for not realizing you were an idiot making an unfunny joke

Yeah, I think I see why you're friendzoned there.

i wonder if there's some rich sick fuck that gets off doing this

like he just spends all day every day buying the crappiest and hardest to work on shitboxes he can find and brings them to mechanics to have them fix it while pretending to be the most car ignorant person in the world

Depends on whats squeaking obviously. Have you ever worked on a car?

Work at a ferry service in Canada and as I'm walking to my car after work I hear this rattling and knocking coming from a car. Go over and it's this Flips engine making the noise. Turn the car off and look at the engine. No visible damage. Pull the oil stick and it's bone dry, not even a bit of residue. Tell him his engine is probably fucked and he should get it towed. Tells me he doesnt have time and drives it home. Tells me a few days later that he took it in and his engine was completely fried. Fucking morons not doing at least weekly oil checks.

Surprisingly, we even get this at Mercedes. I've seen brake pads at bare metal, and both times the customer said they'll get it done some other time.

No matter how much I or the advisor tried to explain to them the inconvenience of not having brakes, the customer wouldn't have it. They only wanted the warranty work done.

Only old people and retards buy mercedes

My dream

>their car needs maintenance like everything else in life

That's the problem right there, user. We're talking about subhuman plebs who go though life buying and disposing. They do this for their relationships, they do this for houses, for their computers, their cars...everything.

Nobody wants to bother with the effort of maintenance, of compromise. That's what keeps our modern economy going.

Who is that shinning example of human perfection?

haha ebin

>negress

So that's why you didn't do that poor engine any service? Because the owner was black?
$19 was too much for you to extend the life of an abused engine a little longer?
Pay it forward? No.
The owner was black, fuck that car.

>Only old people and retards buy mercedes

I got a couple
>be riding in female acquaintance's car
>THUMP
>car is clearly shuddering from blown tire
>"are you going to pull over so we can fix the flat?"
>"I have a flat?"
>proceeds to begin jacking tire up while I'm on the phone, before cracking the nuts

>be parts runner for a company
>literally just driving around all day
>coworker is ~60 year old limo driver
>good driver, plenty of famous people in his limo stories
>drives a ranger dubbed "white lightening" with 450,000+ miles on it
>doesn't fix his broken head gasket, despite knowing that it's broken, and knowing how it affects its performance.

>friend buys Chevy HHR

I can kind of understand the 2nd one honestly. At 450k miles unless it has sentimental value its probably a better idea not to fix it and save that money for a different car when the old one dies.

The thing is that he just bought his wife a car, and I know he doesn't make enough to get himself a new one too.

Work on your reading comprehension skills you stupid fuck

>on the phone instead of changing the tire

fuck boi status

Called my sister to tell her to pull over, it was her friend that blew the tire.

No, I don't wanna.

but you do lubricate brakes you dumb fuck. it keeps them from squeaking while braking. its the caliper slide pins grabbing

its not oil but it is high temp grease,

>material science engineer

she was dumbing herself down instead of correcting you when you said oil instead of grease, its called not being autistic and pedantic

>not telling your female to call your sister and let her know you're changing the tire
>spending more than 5 minutes on a tire change anyway, shouldn't even have to let someone know because it doesn't take long

did you change your tampon while waiting for AAA?

>Go to dealership
>We suggest new brake pads
>Nah
>go home and change brake pads myself.
>pads are only half worn.

Is this /b/? Can you at least try to be a bit more subtle? You just come off as foaming at the mouth.

niggers just don't take care of their cars at all. Every time I see one driving, I literally imagine a chimp behind the wheel. Can't expect it to know anything outside of reproducing, eating and shitting.

I part time at autozone and a few hot Latinas come in religiously to get stuff for their cars. Following the scheduled maintenance to the Tee, and occasionally getting upgrade stuff or little knicknacks to customize their shit. Pretty sexy when she's knows everything there is too know about her car and has brand predefences based on studies she read.

>be friends with girl
>her parents lease a new rav4 for her
>"i only buy the premium fuel"
> "i get better fuel economy"
>explain to her that the only difference between fuels is the octane rating and that her car only needs 87 octane
> "well I want to treat my car nice user"

Mechanic here, it boggles my mind to see how often my boss and workshop manager fuck up basic spelling and grammar. It's like watching a couple of monkeys try to work a computer.

that's not necessarily true, some places have their premium fuels include more detergent, but it's a minor difference

its probably her family, they are very close and help each other out and generally work on their own cars. I once helped a couple mexicans (latins of some sort, they are all mexican to me), at a junk yard. They invited me over for dinner. Food was unfucking believable.

When i was in school i worked in a store's warehouse. My hands got cracked in the winter and a mexican girl that worked the front of the store told me it happened to her brothers and uncles that worked on cars in the cold.

Wow

I don't know much about cars besides change oil, fuel filters and how to grease them and how to replace hub seals on heavy trucks and change heavy truck brake shoes

You sound like a bitch boy

thats still more than a typical idiot normie

>get in friends car
>brake pedal is softer than month old sponge cake
>front wheels are horribly unbalanced
>lights are way out of position
>can literally feel that there USED to be bushings somewhere
>none of the left side indicators work
>"What do mean Benz, it runs fine"

>friend is taking his BMW for the mandatory bi-yearly inspection
>tell him that one of his rear lights are out
>"Nah bro, it'll be fine. They don't check all that properly there"
>inspection doesn't pass due to the rear light
>"FUCKING IDIOTS NOW I GOTTA PAY $90 JUST TO HAVE THEM DO ANOTHER INSPECTION BECAUSE A SINGLE BULB WAS OUT"

>same buddy is going to pick up a parts-BMW for the one he had
>sends me a snapchat of when he has gotten it on the trailer
>I kindly ask if he has the BE-license, allowing him to tow up to 3500kg
>"Nah bro, it'll be fine - I think it'll go within the rule that you can use 750kg + the cars allowed total weight"
>try to explain to him that thats not how the rule is and that he is way, way over what both he and the car is allowed to tow
>"Nah bro, I've calculated it"
>two hours later he is stopped by a traffic station and found to be 400kg over what the car could tow, and about 1000kg over what he could legally tow with his license, even if he had a proper car
>fined $800 or something
>apparently tried to argue with them on the grounds that since he has experience with driving a trailer (he had a job where he drove with one for a week, I shit you not - thats it)

Why do people have to make it so hard on themselves? Its like struggling against five police officers while you're in handcuffs

Or people who wants performance, fuel economy, confort and reliability.

>my ride, keep dreaming fag.

This.
Damn coons.

I like an old turbo diesel sd as much as the next person, perhaps alot more than the next person.. but performance.. no.. unless you have tuned your injector pump to hell in back, in which case you don't have fuel economy anymore either.

if by some chance that isn't a turbo diesel.. when the you sure as shit don't have fuel economy either.

Comfort is meh.

It's a 4.2 V8, 210HP for a 31 years old engine which isnt bad. Fuel economy is impressive, 11L/100 on highway.

Performance, well not for that benz I have a C230K for that.

Just saying that benz are pretty nice car if you can turn a wrench and you are not a faggot.

>tell me honestly that it doesnt look comfortable.

No he does not.
You just got BTFOed into the next century and your vagina still hurts, that's all.
Give it a few days and it will pass.

No.
Is more than your typical amerilard.
It might have to do with the fact that I live in a 3rd world country but around here any guy knows how to replace filters/oil/brake pads/spark plugs/etc.
Only guys that I've met that don't know shit about cars are some fuckboys born post 1995.

I am sorry for being ignorant but where do you live that you are required to pass a bi-yearly inspection?
It seems retarded. I can understand once a year but every 6 months is a little over the top.

>210 BHP
>11L/100 kms on the highway
>impressive

I have a feeling you get almost 20L/100.
Which is impressive but not in the way you would think.

>ignore good advice given
>ignore her incompetence

but race and not shelling out 20 bucks because you're supposed to take care of others cars is what you chose to be mad about.

I really get 11L/100, hate all you want but that is true.

I meant 20L/100 in city driving. Forgot to finish that one.
My bad. I had a long night.

In city, yes I have to agree it is thirsty.

Sometimes it makes you wonder...

I work at a high priced, retail repair/tire shop. We charge $120/hr plus big markup on parts, and I swear everyday someones putting $2k+ into a shitbox that's worth maybe $3k.

The filename really makes this.

this is from leddit. the guy ended up driving off refusing any repairs

>still posting your /b/ tier bait
Go to bed

>getting this butthurt about being nu-male
not even other user, but you should go get some ice for your vagina

>not even other user
Why do you keep doing this? It's obvious you're the same guy. Why do you stick to your guns when they don't work?

If he's driving a car with 450k miles on it, I doubt he's the kind of guy who will buy himself a new car instead of another cheap Ranger with 150k miles on it.

>look at transmission
>fluid is at minimum and is black
just because the stealership said that transmission fluid never needs to be changed doesnt mean its true

>t. consumed by ebin burn
just walk away user, there's no winning here

>Not living in burgerstan where I can haul my ranger on 35s on a car trailer behind my 3500 utility truck with no special licence and can drive up to 26,000 gvw without cdl

>t. Totally not that other user, I'm a different guy this time

>any burger can haul a trailer
>my freshman auto shop teacher had severe brain damage
>from a u-haul trailer tire coming off a trailer coming the opposite direction
>and fucking up his PT Cruiser
MFW U-haul fleet equipments spoop me the fuck out

>fucking up his PT Cruiser
He deserved that much. Sucks about the brain damage tho

>I don't know how to inspect a car before purchase and therfore justify overpaying.

Seriously not hard at all to find a decent 2-5 year old car after its biggest depreciation hit if you can do a good inspection.

My friend bough an HHR SS and turned it into a sleeper.

>PT Cruiser
His brain was already pretty fucked to start with

you can get 3 out of 4, never all 4

That would have been worth the ugly looks if he had the turbo version too, but he had the 2.2L

t. ladarius laserious dejuan dety'rawn dejackson clinton-merrill, IV

nah i assume the first PT cruiser was a boomer mistake because muh retro styling and "headroom"
>we all make mistakes
the brain damage was evident when he got a second to replace the wrecked one

>visit relatives
>hey user you got those new brakes for your car yet
>what new brakes?
>uhh the red ones that everyone has lmao dont you have those? i do cuz my car is still being paid off i got the red brakes for free
>look at his car
>this fuckhead who is supposedly related to me just painted his brake discs and calipers with hardware store spraypaint
>didnt even take the wheel off first so the wheel has a bunch of red spots
>painted one of my grandmas wheels too before she yelled at him to stop wasting paint
>he gets pissed off, goes in his bedroom, slams the door and starts playing metallica at max volume while banging on the walls
>i dont know what the fuck i've just witnessed so i leave
he's like 47 and from what i've heard he throws these tantrums whenever someone tells him he's wrong

>the brain damage was evident when he got a second to replace the wrecked one
Kek

>painted his brake discs and calipers with hardware store spraypaint
What a fucking genius. I'll have to do this next time I need paint flakes all over my car

>50 y/o temper tantrum
can i be this cool?

>riding with female friend in her auto Altima
>On the interstate going 70+
>Notice her car is really loud and look over at her tachometer
>Over 4k RPM
>Wtf
>Look over at shifter and she is in 3rd
>Tell her she is in third and she says no look it's in D
>Shifter is laid out 3->D where you have to push the selector to the right when you are in third to select drive.
>She never knew this and had spent at least two years driving in third gear.

$5000 FIRM if you want it

I NO WHAT I GOT

>>Shifter is laid out 3->D where you have to push the selector to the right when you are in third to select drive.

I have never seen this. I don't believe we'd tolerate that sort of thing in the land of the free.

hahaha, there goes the valve body 3-4 solenoid.

It's pretty common.

It's pretty retarded

There is car towing limit??
used to tow trailer with mass up to 3t while on paper it was 750kg with Galaxy (same trailer with brakes cost shit load more)
I knew that I would get fine for using trailer over 750kg weight with B license, but..
> find out that each kg over limit is 1€ on top other fines. fug :DDDDD

If it's a lease 2 own it makes sense kind of. If it's just a lease then it's pretty damn dumb. 87 gas will get worse gas mileage because it holds less energy due to being up to 10% ethanol, so vehicles will always get worse mileage on 87. It seems to burn a bit less cleanly as far as residue inside the engine too.

It probably won't matter, but don't be a douche about it dude.

"bi-yearly" can mean either every 2 years or twice a year.

He lives in Norway and it's once every 2 years.

why is it retarded?

Nope.

Bi-annually means every two years.
Semi-annually means twice a year.

Biannual = twice a year.
Biennial = once every 2 years.