HYPERINFLATION

Give your probability of pic related happening in North America in the next 10 years.

thx

Practically zero. Money printing alone is not sufficient to cause hyperinflation.

If hyperinflation does occur anywhere in North America, it will be Belize or the Bahamas, as they're pegged to the US dollar (and the combination of money printing and a peg to the US dollar can be sufficient to cause hyperinflation). But AFAIK they're not printing too much money.

Buy bitcoin to avoid getting meme'd by fiat.

>another "hyperinflation any day now" thread

how about you textbook loving jerks start looking out the window for starters

I do, and Im often scared at what I see.

as someone that lived most of his life in hyperinflation really find it hard to understand how money could keep any value long term.

I don't give a fuck

I don't have any cash, only equities. Inflation is good for me.

and one more point, basically inflation is a tax on the poor and retarded nothing else.
prices increase wages increase prices increase wages increase to keep up. endless cycle you don't keep your wealth in cash or you get shafted that's all. life as usual.

Same. I have a few months living costs in cash but that is all.

Have other assets. Cash is designed to inflate away.

No one has cash besides criminals.

inflation is a tax on the poor, but also on rich.
Deflation kills the poor, and makes the rich even richer (so much that he can do fuck all for generations)
Pick your poison

Deflation is worse than inflation

yeah $ numbers on your account are still cash in 2016 user. inflation will fuck them too, altho you can usually get some percentage on term deposits so that they don1t actually lose value to inflation at the bank.

>but also on rich
this is where you are wrong, rich people can make mad bucks on any trend and trend change.
it's more damaging to the economy yes.

>yeah $ numbers on your account are still cash in 2016 user

If strong inflation happens then muh stocks increase drastically too.

yeah stocks are not cash obviously. they are pretty inflation resistant. but so is metals real estate and a lot of things.

I wasn't sure what your point was then.

my point was that money on your bank account is still cash. it's the same thing. only difference is you can use paper cash offline.

Oh right, yeah I meant cash as in both electronic or paper. It makes no difference.

you do realize than the vast majority of people just hoard cash as savings right? if they can save any at all.

That's besides the point but sure I guess, most people are dumb-dumbs.

I have exactly $3000 in my bank account, $5000 in physical cash and the rest in the US market

yeah i get it but the entire shitstorm started from this it's a weird misconception.
and also in deflation cash is king, and we are kind of in a deflation.

Oh right

yeah I meant LARGE amounts of cash. If some chumps have

Otherwise normies either buy property or mutual funds. Only maybe feral ghetto niggers actually keep their entire life savings in cash inside a box of jordans.

even those people that have millions in cash you can be assured have ten times that in assets and net worth based on sheer influence and power.

it's really the poor and dumb that keep their wealth in cash and houses.

I assume you're talking about QE. It can't happen because there is no demand for additional loans, which means all that money stays in the bank.

If you're referring to something else though, I'd like to hear it.

Globalization is the cure to inflation, at least for the foreseeable future.

>I assume you're talking about QE
no my country is bot the world record holder in hyperinflation and also a solid practitioner. only in recent years the inflation mellowed out. it's still weird for us not having at least 10% inflation yearly.

which country? A few come to mind, but can't be bothered to wade through the databank