First ever state-wide Texas Veeky Forums meet. Last thread 404'd

First ever state-wide Texas Veeky Forums meet. Last thread 404'd.

>Who?
You; Veeky Forums.

(Sponsored by Night Wave: boards.Veeky Forums.org/o/thread/16411316#p16488168)

>What?
A gathering of Veeky Forums users to drive spiritedly together and bring all Texas (and beyond) users together to share in the enthusiasm.

>When?
February 25th. This allows at least one month's worth of notice for the board to prepare and schedule for it. It lands on a Saturday. Time of day to be determined.

>Where?
Widely considered to be the best stretch of driving roads in the state, The Three Twisted Sisters starts in Medina, northwest of San Antonio, and ends in Leakey, and is a 131-mile series of twisty roads.

motorcycleroads.com/75/555/Texas/The-Three-Sisters-(AKA-The-Twisted-Sisters)--Ranch-Roads-335-336337a.html#sthash.VHrcfJii.dpbs

>Where can I sign up?
Just post in this thread with a picture of the vehicle you'll be bringing, and we'll add you to the roster.

Be sure to download the Zello app for road communication and coordination: zello.com/texwave

>What can I do/how can I help?
Post suggestions for the meet, if you live nearby or know someone who does, feel free to drive it and scout it out to determine interesting landmarks, regroup points, gas stations, and other things that will help keep the experience smooth.

Report in.

Roster:
Dallas user - Integra

Watching

y only lurk

Finally some more DFW an/o/ns come out of hiding. I hope these don't keep dying.

After this meet we'll start establishing Austin and Dallas hubs.

I live in Minnesota and I hate the cold so much. I heard Texas has low cost of living. Sell me on it or turn me away from it. I hate mexicans less than somalians or basketball americans and will tolerate any amount of heat, I just can't stand the bullshit that is -30f temps and salt.

COL really is low here, at least compared to liberal states (although property taxes are nearly 2%, property isn't very expensive). Suburban Texas is really white in my experience, but expect to live in a McMansion if you want that perk. I can leave my 3-car garage door open overnight with no problems.
It's good that you don't like cold, but I hope you like hot, because it doesn't go below 90F during the day 8 months a year. It doesn't sound that bad until your AC stops working and you're sleeping naked on the tile floor and paying $5k+ to have some mexicans replace your compressor. You'd best have a garage because parking in the sun can lead to electrical problems as the insulation melts.
Salt is basically unheard of here. The roads only ice a few days a year, and when they do, entire cities shut down.
Also you'd best not be allergic to any plants.
-DFW

It's p nice here year round but summertime reaches up to 115F, AKA hot as shit. Consider if the trade off is worth sweating so bad you can get a heatstroke from sitting in traffic if you're a retard who doesn't drink enough water.
I missed the last DFW meet at the autoX thing. ):

Also we're technically in tornado alley but Terrall and Tarrant county seem to get bit more often than us

texas is shit californian master race reporting in

Nice try, goy.

DUDE

>implying this isn't a Texas poster

nah man im not a commie

If you don't like blacks and mexicans stay away from all the major cities besides fort worth - they are all blue and went to Obama/Clinton. Plus a lot of transplants are coming from California for the lower cost of living, so it's making them even more blue. You can live in rural areas outside of the cities to get away, but you'll still be dealing with them when you go to work, shopping, etc.

Stick to fort worth and east texas if you're really looking to live near like-minded rednecks and want that comfy white power feeling.

Isn't Fort Worth the place where several shootings have been happening?

probably, it's still got issues like others, just more white people

stay in MN, tired of out-of-staters ballooning taxes and property costs

How many Night Wave members are going to attend?

Damn guys what a coincidence. The Texas Solstice and Sky club is going to be there that day also and I was already planning on attending. So I will be there.

Pic is of me on Ranch Road 335 in Dec of 2015.

Next autox meet is March 4th at Texas Motor Speedway.

Austinfag here, sign me up. Hopefully my new headgaskets will last the whole trip this time.

Don't go to Austin if you want low cost of living, and don't go to Houston if you don't want to live near ghetto black people.

>Damn guys what a coincidence. The Texas Solstice and Sky club is going to be there that day

What, really? Same place and time? I just pulled the date out of my ass, that really is some coincidence. What time?

>Don't go to Austin if you want low cost of living, and don't go to Houston if you don't want to live near ghetto black people.

Some of the realest advice I've heard.

Join the /hou/ groupme

dont do it

>What, really?
Yeah man. This meet has been planned since September.
>What time?
Nothing set in stone yet. They will pick somewhere to meet around Kerville and head to the Sisters around 8 or 9 am.

Most likely what I will do is head out with them early and catch up with ya'll later in the day.

Yeah, 8:00 or 9:00 is too early.

Definitely too early, if this is gonna be a statewide meet it's gotta be a little later to accommodate for travel time. Texas is a big ass state, yo. Nobody wants to get up at 4 am on a Saturday.

Also, adding don't go to El Paso if you don't want to live near ghetto Mexicans.

I'll be there :)

Definitely after noon, but I would imagine at least some of it during the day, so somewhere between 4:00 and 7:00 PM I'd think. As an initial meeting time at least.

>Mustang

Try not to genocide us.

There shouldn't be any crowds so we be good, also didn't rek at the Austin toe gays

Whatever you do, do NOT come to Houston. It's muggy, hot, and I'm pretty sure whites are a minority here (my area is over half Mexican). The roads are really dirty, and the car culture might as well be called North Mexico (i.e. swangas and dropped trucks) or Brotruck central. Not many stancefags or muslims though. Lots of moms in suvs/minivans who suck at driving. Lots of floods recently, I've had six friends lose their cars to floods. Pic related is 85% accurate.

If you're going to move to texas, do yourself a favor and stick to the DFW, or the area around Austin. The area around Austin (key- 30-45 minutes away in all directions) is p cool, and Austin is nice in small doses. The hill country can also be pretty cool, if you avoid the extremely white trash areas

>Whatever you do, do NOT come to Houston.

As someone who's lived in Houston for the past 14 years, I didn't have to read any further. Heed his advice. The only upside is it's a good place to be if you have no money at all.

youre muatang is so autistic

Thanks m8, I really appreciate your input

>Moostang on the touge

Are these things usually spergfests? What kind of activities go on, just driving? DFW fag here

>beltwy8 and fairmont
>get shot

thats made cracker central (plus snooty 40 year old mexican women in last gen escalades) with pet grooming and day spas and chain retail everywhere.

>Implying I don't have more track time than you

>Implying I don't have more togue time than you

Was anybody here part of the classic BMW meet that happened there a couple months ago?

Will you guys make fun of me if I show up in my Camry?

Race me irl fgt

>attention whoring

just show up and be yourself

>first ever
"Wrong"

We organized a dozen or so successful meets from 2011-2013 at places more central Texas so everyone could attend.
Shit Antonio is pretty far south of a drive.

It really is a spergfest...
It ends up being a bunch of idiots standing around in a parking lot with hoods up, hands in pockets just grunting and nodding which eventually leads to a das attempt of driving a shitty back road until the troopers show up or a Miata flips

ok

A cop showed up once, AFTER the run, and no trouble was caused.

>It ends up being a bunch of idiots standing around in a parking lot with hoods up, hands in pockets just grunting and nodding
this is basically how it is at all Veeky Forums meets regardless of board or purpose

The fuck are you talking about? /hou/ meets are great. Genuinely which meets have you been to?

Nice self-deprecating meme. Guess you should go to a Plebbit meet, then.

Wrong.

They're fine. You have to look at it logically. Only the least autistic portion of the population is going to be willing to expose themselves to face-to-face social interaction.

Nice photo, K. What kind of camera you use?

Didn't hear about it. How'd it go?

Yes.

This.

>camera
kek
all the photos I have posted in this thread where taken with a Galaxy S5.

nigga the fuck that was literally our meet last night

-the driving part

Its actually not really much of a spergfest so much as it is a group of goys with a lower than average level of political correctness having a good time and making each other laugh

Im sorry that you are so

sorry meant to reply to

Like I said, 85% accurate

Austin Veeky Forums meets in a nut shell

Love the Miata kid who ended up in a AW11 after flipping his NB Miata.

I always wondered if he wrecked his mr2

I don't know what you're trying to say.

Fug. Seriously good photo quality. You singlehandedly sold me on an S5.

Whoops, meant to say I don't know what is supposed to be saying.

>a group of goys with a lower than average level of political correctness having a good time and making each other laugh

Exactly this.

Sorry Austin is so autistic. Not even sure if I'm being condescending.

>How'd it go?
It was nice. There are a couple of blind corners you need to watch out for though. There's speed warnings before most of the turns, but the main danger are amateur idiots coming the other direction. Almost got memed by some fratboy idiots in a c4 coming around a corner in the wrong lane, and met a man who rolled his Focus st down a mountain. There's a bunch of cool scenic overlooks with little gravel paved stops off to the side, and the mountains provide a really cool driving experience. The food is generally pretty good, with most of the places being focused around bikers (watch out for bikers on the roads too), so it's mostly barbeque. I think the place I was at was called the Historic Leakey Inn or something. Highly recommended

>Mustang
>on highly twisty roads

To the back of the pack you go. At least you'll only wreck whoever's in front of you.

You guys know each other? Dallas group I'm guessing?

>Ranger danger everywhere

Thank god I'm too poor to own a car I care about.

And since you've actually driven on it before, any suggestions on where to set up checkpoints, or places of interests along the route?

How long did it take? Google Maps says 2 hrs, 45 mins.

Camp wood is nice, and I think there's a little gas station/lunch place at the intersection of 336 and 41. Other than that, just look for signs as you drive, I believe the stops are marked. I honestly can't be bothered to find them on the map right now.

I don't remember. It didn't seem like that long, but if your car is liable to explode from too much continuous driving, I'd make use of the stops on the side of the route

>medina is a 7hr 25 minute drive from me
It's just not worth it

>nigga the fuck that was literally our meet last night
>-the driving part
Nigga, the fuck? that was literally our meet last night, minus the driving part.

Yup. They're both pretty slow though.

Then you're not worth it.

That's a lot more forested than I was expecting. Noice.

I mean y'all aren't worth a 2 hour drive tbf.

>First
far from it.
This guy gets it. Remember the 300zx crash?
>wrong
check yourself

Wrong.

Yeah, then you're not worth it either, so. No loss.

Low cost my ass. I'm paying practically 700 for a shithole in Austin. And I have no friends so pls anyone.

It was some good fun when I was driving around there. If you guys go, I'm sure you'll have a good time. There's some legitimately frightening parts of the sisters though, so prepare yourself

We said Houston is low cost and Austin is not.

There will be at least one casualty.

Never been to a meet before. What sort of cars do you usually see? Is it a lot of sub-2k shitboxes, or mostly low-tier sports cars?
>considering bringing my volvo 240

Your answer's in this thread, barring the lurkers who refuse to post theirs.

San Antonio fag here.

I plan on coming along just need to double check i won't be busy that week.

There are some nice BBQ places in some towns in the hill country very close to the 3 sisters.

Whenever I go for a drive there I usually stop to eat at a BBQ place in Bandera which is between Medina and San Antonio.

Also Medina has a place called The Apple Store that has very good home made apple pastries and other foods.

Lost Maples state park is also very close to the twisted sisters if anyone wants some nice scenery.

Another pic from Ranch Road 336

Yeah he fondled my balls one time at a DFW meet.

Medina over 6 hours from me. TX is pretty big so some driving is going to be required if it is going to be a "state wide" meet. You just need to git gud.

U wot m8

I would say its a mix of both

You heard me.

pigfat pls go

Hey guys dallasfag here. Just got a speeding ticket for 85 in a 45 (5 mph from a FREE IMPOUND! GEE WHIZ)
That being said, assuming I still have a liscence by the time the meet comes around, how are cops on the road? How is traffic? How fast can I go?

>tfw I own a shitty 3500lb 4cyl shitbox and cant have fun on the twisties. :(

Cant argue with those 9's....

Dude, I guarantee no one's going to bring a shittier car than me, but I'm still determined to go.

>You just need to git gud

Fucking this.

No it wasn't.

Fuck, I don't know how I keep accidentally quoting the wrong posts.

Page 9.