Would you buy a neo beetle if it went back to its 911iezd roots and remained affordable?

would you buy a neo beetle if it went back to its 911iezd roots and remained affordable?

I would gladly buy a RR econo car with a stick, someone please make it.

I would love it if the Smart Car gained enough wheelbase for a shitty back seat, a 1.6NA gas engine and a stick shift. I might buy that.

No. The new bugs due to the twee styling are now permanently chick cars, no matter what engine you put in it.

Renault Twingo

Not in the US tho

The 2012+ version is not nearly as fruity as its predecessor.

The bigger issue is that it offers no practical advantages over a cheaper Golf.

If the Beetle was re-introduced as an actual economy car, I could see it being popular again.

>Design a modernized (lightweight) Porsche bodykit
>take out rear seats and put drivetrain in backwards to make it RR (See:toyota mr2)
>Sell as new car
>Name it 356 D
>Profit

To be honest, new bug looks better than the ladybirds from back then, but it's really just overpriced retro Golf.

This is something Porsche could legitimately do to create an entry-level mid-engined sports car, although I admire their attitude of "an entry-level Porsche is a used Porsche".

brabus smart fourtwo

An RR bug? Count me in, though, it would need a slight restyling to make it look a lot less girly.

Dual clutch only...

>although I admire their attitude of "an entry-level Porsche is a used Porsche".

That might resonate more if they weren't busy selling out with station wagons and SUVs.

>we'll make as big and bloated as you like as long as it sells for $50K+ per unit

nah

Even a Panamera or Macan is far from cheap, and they're very good for what they are.

Plus, they pay for more development of actual sports cars so I don't mind them too much.

Id buy a Dune Beetle if it had AWD.

link?

Weld in the floor pan from a Golf R, Audi S3 or TT and swap the AWD bits over.

Pretty sure it's been done before to a regular Beetle.

Dune is half an inch wider. Direct swap may be difficult.

You sure that's not just down to more beefed-up fenders?

cars.com

I meant to say the BRABUS only comes with a dual clutch

So usa doesn't get the 1 series bmw?

Nowadays if you see a 911 cabrio or a Boxter, it belongs to some gold digger.

Does that make Porsche chick cars?

VW would never make a unique platform for a single vehicle the Up! was meant to be RR

what's stopping vw from pulling off a porsche and doing a pay-more-for-less cash grab?
vag is rolling in money even after diesel gate and i think something like this could work