Do Cayman owners get made fun of for not buying a 911?

Do Cayman owners get made fun of for not buying a 911?

Other urls found in this thread:

motorauthority.com/news/1105096_porsche-718-gt4-spyder-models-coming-with-flat-6-engines
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes but only by bus riders and shitbox owners

well, the gayman is still better than a brz at least

Yes. It's like driving a Ferrari California. It's the Girls Porsche, Along with the Boxter.

>Spending $65,000 on a 4 cylinder "sports car"

Only if you didn't get the turbo.

I'd rather have an M2

/thread

>Boxter

Good thing that it cimes with a flat-six.

This. It might be a great car, but, it's the Porsche for people who couldn't afford a 911. I've never actually driven one so not sure how it compares to a 911. It should have slightly better driving dynamics, although the latest 911s sure feel nearly mid engine.

Man that video was hard to watch.

I suppose the speakers makes the four cylinder sound like it

Not anymore.

Comes with a 4 cylinder turbocharged engine now. Sad!

the ones with gt4s dont.

It's funny how this whole board is bus riders/ shitbox owners, yet everyone pretends they know what they're talking about.

exactly. everyone that posted in this thread would even trade their car for a New Porsche Cayman.

>yet everyone pretends they know what they're talking about.

That's because Top Gear created a generation of idiots. They let TG's antics form their opinions instead of researching for themselves and creating their opinions first hand.

Fuck. That Neon is cleeean. Too bad it's not an ACR

No. not after this.

>women's car

Women drive SUVs.

Cayman/boxster are only slightly worse than a 911 and normies usually don't know that its any cheaper.

Even as a doctor spending the money for a 911 when the caymen exists is almost absurd.

This, my uncle is a porsche fanatic and drives a new 911 and everytime he sees a cayman he gets really excited about the looks etc. Never heard him say anything negative about it. Only people talking shit are "car guys" who claim to drive their 20 year old shitbox by choice, not because they're poor

MR>RR

motorauthority.com/news/1105096_porsche-718-gt4-spyder-models-coming-with-flat-6-engines

Yes!

Why does Porsche always cucks the Cayman that hard?
Is one of the better cars they are making and they keep on making it worse.
FUCKING WHY?

If it's a guy in his 30's I usually give him a nod of approval because he clearly knows his shit about cars and probably worked hard for this. All the easy money fags would just buy the 911 without thinking about it.

>better driving dynamics

You realize driving dynamics is not completely determined by the position of the engine right?

it's cheaper

my dad went with the 911 because it has awd and we live in new england. it is my mom's DD now.

>he clearly knows his shit about cars
if he did he would have gotten a pristine condition second hand 911

that's where you're wrong

ITT, no one who has ever driven a 911 or Cayman.

The 911 is their Corvette, you can't have anything cheaper than a million bucks overthrowing it.

Well I literally owned a 911 991.1 for four years and wouldn't say I drive a shitbox now either.

if you have money for a 911 theres absolutely no reason to get a Cayman

I second this, I talked to a guy with a 997 GT3 a couple years ago, and he said "the Cayman is the best car Porsche makes right now"

It's a typical woman-car. The Golf of sportscars. Totally boring.

Because they want people to buy the 911. Step yo life up poorfags.

You can buy a BRZ, tune it a little bit and still have more than 15k in your pocket.

all day.

This needs to disappear, really.
Downsizing is a thing, and eventually every luxury automotive brand will have to cope with it. Porsche is trying their best to perfect it, at least.

>What is depreciation?

I just bought an 08 Cayman S and traded my 13 FRS for it. Eventually brought a $21,000 Porsche with 80k miles down to $16,000 by giving up a $24,500 car

And its much faster, so theres that

>Spending $65,000 on a 4 cylinder turbo sports car
ftfy

Because Porsche knows people love the 911. They have since the early 60s so theyre keeping the tradition alive. Yet when they created the Cayman people noticed it handles better than the 911 and with a stronger engine it could be faster and all around better than the 911 too.

Long story short Caymans have the potential of being the best selling, better Porsche than a historic model that has made them money for a long time.

>spending $30,000 on a 4 cylinder '''muscle car'''

Yes, especially when they act cool

I don't like the look of the 911 and i could pay cash for a bunch of them if i wanted. Came down to the Boxster or the Cayman. Very tough to pick. Went with the roadster Boxster S. Girlfriend likes it. I am happy with it.

But it's still a Subaru lol

Like a bottom of the line Porsche is anything to brag about lol

It's a lot more than a cheap toyobaru that gets beaten by a diesel econobox.