/aog/ - Attorney Online General

"Do not fuck bunies" edition
/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favourite cases, your favourite characters or anything else AA related, it's all welcome here.

>Recent Updates
- AO2 is still in development. For more information and downloads check: docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit
- Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice has been released on iOS and Android devices.
- DGS Fan Translation is still in development, the first case is expected to be released by the end of the month.
- Server was recently split into normal AOV and Crossover Court. Find out more information by going to the main AOV doc, and then the Crossover Court link.

>What is Attorney Online?
In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>AO Quickstart Guide (joining the server, using the client, etc.):
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

Previous case files:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12057217/r
youtube.com/watch?v=VWscg-ICNq4
strawpoll.me/12066858
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Kirigiri

Second for lewd athena

So yeah its official. This server has been killed by the very people who helped make it alive.

Back in the last year, I thought /aov/ would thrive due to how lovely the community was. But bit by bit the moderation made mistake after mistake, and the community took notice. They began to complain and this set off a powder keg we have only the moderation to blame. The thread became filled with shitposting due to the lack of contentment with the server community. The moderation could've stopped it by satisfying the community's needs, but instead chose to go a dangerous route and go against those who made them what they are. They thought they were doing the "best thing" for the server, when in actuality their choices were just putting more and more bullets into an already pained creature. The creature took so many bullets it became deformed and ugly. This scared off any newcomers to our server. Eventually people in the community could not take anymore and left. And since our community was not getting any new players, our population was coming down fast. The moderation sought to improve this, so lupadim invited /drg/ to CT here. Unfortunately that was not the solution as they're inclusion brought only more discontent within the /aov/ community, leading to more loss in the population.

Our server was on the brink of death. Now here recently they've invited 4x2 chan to play. And come they did, because it was christmas break and they had time to. However this increase in population will not last long, and already our numbers are decreasing back into the void.

By March, Aov will be dead. There is nothing we can do about this. It was completely avoidable, but it seems the people in charge just didn't care to avoid it, instead focused on their own manifestos.

So what happens then? Our server will be mostly barren, save for a few people who will get on. They won't case. Just use the game as a chat room. Many other servers have fell into this state. And soon we will too.

so what do you suggest? concrete things rather than abstract ideas such as "the moderation needs to do better" etc

Literally past the point of no return

let it die, wait a year, make new server

Wow, thanks for saying literally nothing of value, user.
Now go back to case or fuck off.

Based steno

I think we should add sprites for Nani from Lilo and Stitch in. I think she would be a great addition to the game, both in a fun and sexual way. The sprites she has in Lilo and Stitch 2- Electric Boogaloo would be a perfect fit in. She even comes with her own "Objection!" line straight from the game.

>the age old "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WE IZ DYING" argument.
Absolutely pathetic

>By March, Aov will be dead.
We've already survived a year.
We're not going to die anytime soon.

The only thing dying right now is this general, which is for the best at this point as it only serves to weaken the community more.

>tfw ESL Diego shitstorm

I don't get it desu. I've been in 3 cases with him and he's always been a bit tough to understand but he's actually a good defense.

Not sure if he just stumbles on shit or actually plans shit though.

And he literally proved the all flaws in case on detective

I'm telling ya, Miles was just buttmad he lost there.

His fucking broken language always ends up killing benches though. I remember one case he was lead in he killed off his entire starting def bench and atleast 2 prosecutors who rage quit due to his retarded speech.

t. Ini/Diego

You realize that even if it were any of them it wouldn't change anything, right?

>Benches giving up and judge ending case on lead da for no reason
>They restart the case and force diego out

yeah this is the new aov

>and then both benches quit

>he actually is a good defense.
As someone who has been a final boss against him in the krampus case, and have prosecuted against him a total of two times now. I can safely say he is a pretty good prosecutor. If he could only get his points across enough in english for people to get the gist of what he is saying.

Fuck my life
*Pretty good defense attorney

>The moderation sought to improve this,
As we can clearly see by how reliable they are when it comes to managing bad behaviour!

I'm convinced someone shilled on /b/ earlier in the year, because people are getting more and more twitchy and aggressive. The empty vague ruleset isn't helping.

HOLMES REASONING

I've had him on the bench, as co-counsel. He does fine as far as I'm concerned. What happened?

>The case starts
>ESL Diego is doing his thing, while klav is doing his cartoonish german
>lead pro and co def get buttmad at ESL Diego not being a perfect englishman
>they force a verdict
>ESL Diego leaves angrily
>lets start a new case
>lead pro and co def leave too

What the fuck? So did they literally crash the case or was the judge on board?

More importantly, isn't the time to discuss concerns about an attorney's ability to speak English pre-case rather than during the damn thing?

Judge was sorta on board

>10

Rise from area 4 here.
My entire street just lost power so I have no idea when I'll be back online.
Sorry I can't case with my phone.

its ok

This

Lewdton literally does absolutely nothing at all. If it was up to him he'd probably just let the whole thing crash and burn.
Adam is just an asshole who abuses his mod powers and doesn't actually do anything unless half the fucking server is telling him otherwise.
Why the fuck Namu even has mod powers is beyond me. I don't think I've seen him do a single fucking thing in months.
Ginamod is proof that mod selection has absolutely nothing to do with credentials and it's just purely circlejerk.

Lupadim fucked up a bit yea, but the mods that were chosen under Lewdton are universally all shit with not a single redeemable factor in any of them.

I mean let's just look at a single fucking user, River, to see how shitty this fucking mod team is.
River/Frenzy since he became a meme has:
>Literally admitted in front of multiple mods that he actively shitposts to piss people off.
>Purposefully crashed several cases that had mods in there but got away scot free.
>Pony posted several fucking times.
>Has admitted to ban evasion countless times.
>Provoked several people into quitting the game.
>Has influenced at least 3 people to consistently shitpost with him.
>Has OUTRIGHT FUCKING ERP'D IN AREAS AND LOUNGE MULTIPLE TIMES
>Has chased off countless newbies by saltposting cases until they died.
And to top it all off he has came out and said that he will defend the mod's actions the second they actually permaban him but they haven't yet.
River is a living fucking example of how fucking bad this moderation team is. He is nothing but toxic to the community and yet he hasn't been perma'd yet.

Captcha: Click on the pictures with Rivers.

>mods that were chosen at complete random turn out to be complete shit
Gee whoda thunk it.

I wanted to remake these animations ever since I first did these, but I just can't resize them without them getting blurry.

I think it's just a lost cause for me.

>the mods that were chosen under Lewdton are universally all shit
Except we haven't gotten any new mods since Lupa left. Ginamod was chosen by Lupa months ago.
The only thing that's changed about mods since Lupa left is Kirigiri mod quitting.

>He believes hope is absolute good, and any deed done in the name of hope is righteous, even murder. He feels no guilt for hurting others in the name of hope, as he believes that hope will always win in the end and justify the means.
>He has a strong desire to be useful and he is very self-sacrificing, but his ways of helping are often very wrong, harmful and potentially very dangerous, as he is willing to cause temporary despair in order to have hope born from it. He has little regard for his own well-being and doesn't care for his own life, and encourages the other students to kill him to achieve their own hope. He believes that dying for the sake of hope is an honor and the only way for "someone like [him]" to be useful to the world.
>Nagito believes his views on hope are logical and extremely obvious, and has trouble relating to others when they disagree. Though he is very stubborn, he has changed his ways of thinking during the series. He is sometimes conflicted between his extreme beliefs and his own feelings. He calls himself "worthless trash" that doesn't deserve any kindness from others, but at the same time, he desires to be appreciated, loved and understood. In his fifth free-time event, Nagito revealed that his true, biggest wish is to be loved by someone at least once in his life, and to not die alone.

>but the mods that were chosen under Lewdton
None were.

All mods were picked by Lupa via going into an area and asking if anyone wanted to be a mod.

The mods in general are garbage, yeah, but it's not like we have any real candidates to replace the ones we've got, unfortunately. Anyone I can think of would do about as well.

The question is: how do you change moderator behavior to not be lazy as fuck?

you pay them

The hotpockets supplies of the server are already running low, user.

You get people who actually care about the server.

Drop the number of mods.
There's already too many and they don't do anything anyway.

VOTE FOR GAPING DRAGON!

strawpoll.me/12057217/r

But who here actually cares about the server, really?

I do but I don't want to be a mod

>literally 4
>too many

well it looks like we're back at square one then

4 "active", maybe. There were 7 in total last time I checked.

Then they don't fucking matter.

Inactive ones don't count.
Lewdton, Klavier, Gina, Cammy. That's 4.

>Inactive ones don't count.
They why are they still mods?

>Cammy
>active mod
kek

If you wanna meme up your soundposting have fun with using this in the sfx name: "../../characters//objection"

Using "holdit" or "takethat" also works.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI

Does anybody know the name of the music used in this trailer, or where I could find it on its own?

youtube.com/watch?v=VWscg-ICNq4

Franziska sounds sexy af

Holy shit, what the fuck are you people doing?

Casing.

Casing retardedly.

Casing professionally.

Casing sexily.

Meme cases

(Cream) cases.

I am the Ini of that case and I am not the guy who posted that
Present [pic related]
basically this he fucking nailed everything I saw wrong with the testimony on the first go and then some

>page 10
I'm not even from this general

t-thanks

nien

Honestly I think the only reason why the mods don't ban River is because they want to keep him around as a reminder as to why they are there in the first place.
That's really the only logical explanation that I can think of, I mean it's not like the guy hasn't broken rules before. I think the only rule he hasn't broken at this point is rigging server polls with IP evasion.

How do you get this colour effect in photoshop?

I would think you'd overlay a translucent color layer over the image.

I made a small animation that I had in my Alba folder for like half a year and never put it in the suggestion doc.

>page 10 again
I-is this general usually this ded?

Rerip DD Trucy please.

We have the much better model from SOJ though.

The potato deserves love too.

>Kirigiri mod quitting.
He runs his own server and he can moderate us whenever he likes.

Working on some blinking for the idle animations.

Surprisingly easy given the many expressions.

The actual lipflaps this time.

Because you still won't poll this shit (and it is shit), I'll make one for you.

strawpoll.me/12066858

I'm making this for fun. I don't care if it gets added.

Posting for validation is just as bad.

Even though I don't personally want it I can say I like it more than most other custom flaps and blinking made for DR and Persona. It's clear you put effort in it.
That being said the lipflap order is off, but if it looks better that way then so be it.

>It's clear you put effort in it.
Too bad effort doesn't mean quality, eh

That's a dick move man. Let him finish doing his work and then if he wants he can poll it on his own.

If he's doing it for fun, the poll result won't matter, but it might hurt his pride a bit.

If he's doing it to submit it, he's saved time. At 8 no, 3 yes, it's clear only a minority want it.

when was the last time a poll posted in the thread passed?

really makes me think

Nobody looks at the strawpoll document. Everyone pretends they don't read the thread, when they do.

>Everyone pretends they don't read the thread, when they do.

This.

This is a high quality post in this thread that will help unite all shitposters in this thread. We should case more, and besech higher quality bantz. I speak this as a Simon Blackquil, a high renowed prosecutor who has been falsely accused of a raping a loli.

>Everybody pretends not to read the thread, when they do.

And no one who actually doesn't read the thread could prove you wrong since you posted this ITT

Really charges your neurons

Dicks to save threads for dying