Does anyone else drive around by themselves at night while listening to some synthwave music or something...

Does anyone else drive around by themselves at night while listening to some synthwave music or something? The warm summer nights we've got in Australia right now, and the way the sun takes its sweet time to set over the course of 2-3 hours make it extra comfy.

Sort of like Drive, but not as autistic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tAvZ2myjsaQ
makeupandvanityset.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=77O6cuIiG24
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I do it a lot in the summer, usually with Megadrive playing.

No, my engine overheats.

I do this during the winter when it's a pleasant 40F outside. The cool breeze and the even cooler music make for a good feel when blazing through long curves on the wide-open country roads.

I unironically listen to 90's pop music (nsync, aqua, 2unlimited etc) while driving around at night

das it mane

I do this as often as I can through Brisbane.
Found an awesome 1 hour route from North to South and back again

No because Fuel is expensive as fuck here, my car depot never got fulled because i have to pay %20 of my monthly paycheck for that.

Good cunt, what state? I do this whenever I can, coastal roads at sunset and midnight runs are fantastic in summer.

No because there are no nice roads to drive in where I live

Canada is shit

I do for sure. Hit up kavinsky for drive tier tunes.

Unfortunately hawthorn melba is too far into the city for nice drives, so it takes a bit for me to get out to somewhere nice.

Yes.

This is currently my favorite.

youtube.com/watch?v=tAvZ2myjsaQ

I have no idea what synthwave is, but I love driving at night with music playing. I do it almost every night I'm not working. In the winter it's great because I can put the windows down and enjoy the cool air.

Australia is pretty sick at the moment for evening drives, i understand your feels
>turning off radio to listen to the engine drone
>ave. 130km/h on an empty stretch of road
>all windows rolled down
>a green glow irradiates from the dashboard
>fearful your car might break down at any time
>if it did, you will either die or get wolf creek'd
>country roads of vast nothingness

alternatively
>dusk for 2 hours
>cruising at 80 through the city outskirts
>soft amber lights flickering as you drive past
>1 or 2 cars follow with you through the city
>the bonnet reflects the tall buildings
>hundreds of foot pounds of torque at idle

No because synthwave sucks

I used to all the time when ny FD ran. Best feeling ever cruising around slowly in a ~400hp car.

Shame we are living the worst 90's car bubble.

yeah, sometimes the misses comes too.

fellow ausfag

late night drives are so good.
late night rides are also fucking mint.

what

Yes, it's great! Shame there are no really good driving roads around where I live. But late night empty city cruising is cool too

>tfw just finished the 4age rebuild
>comfy summer nights incoming

I meant pricing bubble on 90's cars.

What a fucking beauty, man.
I am thinking of buying an 86 myself.
Those Watanabes look awesome.

90's cars are literally at their cheapest, apart from the 2 door weeb shit
>1988-1999 falcadores 100-1000 bucks
>econoboxes, shitboxes, landbarges, utes, trucks
>any body style can be had for under 1k

save yourself the money and get a early 80's celica/300zx if you want the aesthetic

Yeah, if you would want something like an 86 in a good shape, you better have atleast 10k.

The AE86 is a meme poofter car. You get the same experience from a KE70 for 1/50th of the price.

fuck you my cars been off the road in the shop waiting for 1000 things for over a month

;_;

Hell yeah to the 80s celica.
Yeah I loved it, until I put my car into a guardrail. It'll be back soon, I hope.
+1 for the city drives, like the gleam off of the sides of the car from the street lights.

This.

you can pick up 4 door falcadore xr6t or vt-vx ls1s for like 3-6k

The Celica is really nice, desu.
But I'd be having trouble converting it to RWD. Since I drift professionally. I already have an 240sx, and I want to get a hachiroku as a side project, and full renovate it.

WHY THE FUCK DID I SAY DESU. I do not recall saying anything like that.

I hoped that the 86 had a bit better weight balance. Been in 2 decent ke70s, one with a 4age and coils. The other with a kinda built 4k(if that's even possible), spring/strut setup and some of the tightest and best bucket seats I've ever felt. Both felt like they weren't rigid enough.

Just get an ra65. Mate had one with a hilux 2.4 engine and the thing would barely keep straight.

third gen celicas were the last RWD's why the hell would you convert one. the 21r/22r engines also have similar stock performance to stock 4age's. I dont think they take engine mods as well tho

cheers breh

they aren't watanabes
i got rid of those wheels a while ago

i've got a stack of wheels left to restore, then i'll see what looks best on it

pretty much this

To try and defend the 86 a little bit, it has a shit engine with slow acceleration, but the handling is said to be incredible

Well, they certainly look like Watanabes

>NOT A TRUENO
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Even if this is meant as a joke.
Due to the rarity of the 86's you can't be picky.
Whether it's a Trueno, Levin, hatch or notchback.

cruising along the beach on a hot summer night is nice but for me nothing beats long drives in the Adelaide hills during autumn

I'm in Victoria. Weather can be pretty shit at times, but when it's good, it's really fucking good.

Man I want to go driving right now because of this song.

Fuel is much too expensive for causeless driving

Do I ever
makeupandvanityset.bandcamp.com/

This. Eurodance for cruising around comfily, eurobeat for attacking the togue.

Fucking nice quints man

Thank you very much, user. I appreciate it.

i did it a lot with my motorbike, with the car not so much, but still sometimes

all the time op
but i do it to sing along classics or 92 hardcore
uk btw

yeah this

>He doesn't live near a National Park

Banff has some great mountain roads. Dangerous, but fun.

I do. Not synthwave but hip hop/rap tho.

I paid $1000 for a new sound system, might as well use it

I like to turn the volume way up and sing along to the entirety of Talking Heads: 77 with all the windows rolled down.

yep

youtube.com/watch?v=77O6cuIiG24

Quints confirm the truth.

>Being this poor

Get a better job user

Yeah, although my finances has been a bit tight and I can't go around driving aimlessly wasting gas as much I want, gas is $1.1 a liter.

I mostly listen to J-pop though.

>hip hop/rap

>hip-hop/rap is bad amirite guys?

Get off the internet, grandpa.

i used to do this a lot but now that my car is actually worth something and its so high HP its more stressful than enjoyable

Buy a cheap shitbox for the weeknds

hip hop and rap is shit, deal with it

Just smoked some resin and a bunch of dead pot leaves with xans in the bowl and im about to go on my usual have-nothing-to-do-but-cant-sleep drive

Do you have an FD?

I do this often while tackling the mountain roads near my home, though lately the snow and ice have made my favorite routes a bit too dangerous to drive while pumped up on eurobeat, so I have started driving out in the desert on atv routes instead. Unfortunately, I still crashed my camry after spinning out, but at least I felt cool while doing so. Also I didn't die, so I guess that's good too. Pic related is of the general area in which I crashed, except just imagine that it is completely iced over and in the middle of the night. I really should start listening to more mellow synthwave but that stupid eurobeat somehow makes driving so much more enjoyable than it would be otherwise.

>speakers broken
>CD stuck in radio
>no aux
fuck this