Veeky Forums, convince this 18 year old not to buy a 2002 Mustang for $1500

It's probably gonna be a peice of shit.BUT I'M JUST SO GOD DAMN TEMPTED.

do it you're an adult, gotta know those consequences

that's a V6 auto isn't it.

a beater/project for 1500 isn't bad depending on condition

If it's not a v8 manual, don't. If you want it as a beater there are better options for the same money.

The steering wheel and gauge cluster point out the driver window from the factory
>ford build """"quality""""

Yup, M6 manual.

oh, a Manual V6?
that might be worth working with.

Holy shit, I lowballed the dude and he said if I come tomorrow he will give it for $800.

No, the v6s those things came with are garbage. They are literally slower than miatas.

There's definitely something horribly wrong with it besides it being a v6 Mustang.

What are the chances I'm not even able to drive it back the hour drive home.

probably rusted to shit at the very least

2002 Ford Mustang, v6, manual trans, good tires, aftermarket pioneer radio, 150600 miles, clean title, title in hand, needs new windshield, cosmetic damage to driver rear quarter panel, minor dings and dents, synchro is bad on forth gear, Bought a new car and truck about a year ago don't drive this

u only live once haha!!!

>hour drive
you have a car following you, yes?
bring lots of tools. also air freshener, you don't know what's happened in that car.

sounds like 1000 in parts and 3 days of solid work

not worth $800

If it's THAT cheap it's probably fucked beyond repair

Nobody sells mustangs that year for that low

So fucking go for it? Worst case scenario I flip it?

You wont be able to go fast enough to flip it.

do it, faggot. at the very least you'll learn a bunch about wrenching

i dont think an 18 yo has the charisma points required to cut half the price off a car. Either the guys has to pay a ransom, or there is something very wrong with this car. Have you even test driven it? Ironically the V6 engines are less reliable than the V8s in this gen, and usually have issues when they hit 100k. Down where i live mustangs are very cheap. Even then 1500k for a v6 is dead low, and now that it is 800 it spooks me. Seriously just the fucking metal is worth 800. My Bullshit meter is hitting autism levels here. Project cars are not meant to be DDs dude.

you just gave us his number, you idiot.

Jesus just from that picture alone makes me not want to buy it seriously op look at this.

>Covered in snow
>seller is to lazy to make a decent pic for an ad
>probably rusted
wait what
>Flip it

Good luck with that. unless you get it for 800, it has working ac, nothing serious is wrong with it and you find a buyer yesterday then maybe.

op is a fucking retard im so tempted to just tell seller that op is just a scammer and is bullshitting him.

>pic very related

could use a good clean. front mags have brake dust on them. a least same body style as terminator. but doesnt have 4.6 boat anchor v8. will be good project

You think it won't need a total overhaul? Estimate on costs to keep it running?

the issue it also doesn't have the 8.8 axel, almost dead transmission and a motor that probably has oil that looks more like jizz and mayonnaise. OP is an 18 yo that obviously doesn't know what he is getting into. The V8 at least COULD be a project car.

Exactly the fucking guy didn't even bother getting it washed for god's sake. God knows what could be wrong with it. I wouldn't bother unless this dude lives 10 mins away and gives it to you for 200 bucks

Nah, worst case scenario: it's a scam and you get robbed and raped.