I'm pretty sure we can all agree that automatic transmissions on toyotas are fucking trash

i'm pretty sure we can all agree that automatic transmissions on toyotas are fucking trash

i'm pretty sure we can all agree that automatic transmissions are fucking trash

Lotta irrational toyota hate today.

What has that got to do with Toyota.

//tread

this

I've heard bad things but Arctic Hilux's run automatics.

>implying fast is the only reason to choose a transmission
it's like you dont do your own maintenance

iktf
just had my transmission die on my bmw, probably solenoids. gonna be the first thing i ever take it to a mechanic for.

Automatics have their places and only pure autists complain about them. In basic bitch dailys, light duty trucks (IE anything multi-ton rated and semis) there's no reason to have a manual beyond just preference. In anything performance orientated, manuals are best as far as driver feel and control goes, but it's purely denial to argue that some modern transmissions are outright better than a human in purely performance aspects.

Read carefully, as I said purely performance there, when it comes to driver feel over the car, obviously most people are going to prefer manual or partial manuals.
t. guy who dd's an auto truck but has dd'd several manuals and misses the feels

>I have zero desire for my 4200lb truck to be manual though, it's fun to go full body roll through twisties as is

>Automatics have their places
For the disabled.

>some modern transmissions
Nothing to do with automatics.

fun>fast

Depends on the car. Nobody's going to buy a manual Benz for example, because MB makes excellent auto transmissions that work extremely well, but as a result of spending all their R&D on their auto boxes, their manual boxes are overwhelmingly mediocre.

And when one car in the auto trim is faster, same engine and everything, it's not a slushbox. It's a DCT. And the computer isn't shifting for the lap, the driver is.

There's no value in running your own clutch pedal

Yep, my mates GS300 has the actual shittest auto trans ever

>modern automatics are faster

can't make this shit up folks

>you don't want to drive stick wahhhh let me complain about how this doesn't effect me

>modern transmissions

You know he meant automatics, quit being a faggot.

I cant believe that was ever a thing.

Modern autos are still shit.

Not an automatic but nice try dumbfag.

>GT-R
>not automatic

What?

My mom has a manual Benz.

4l60e is fucking trash

What automatic cars have you guys been in that had nice shifters? Every automatic car, whether it was an entry level luxury car or a bottom of the barrel poorfag shitbox, every shifter has felt cheap and flimsy.

The only exception I've found is my 96 Ford Contour, and its only slightly less cheap and flimsy feeling

Okay, my argument has always been manual gives you far more control over how your car accelerates and decelerates.

The GTR isn't available as a manual, you dipshit. It's DCT automatic only.

This one right here.

>that sound as you bring down the shifter into gear
>that cu-clunk the old but sturdy factory diff makes

I never get tired of it.

DTC is not an automatic niggers. Lrn2gearboxs.

Doesn't understand that it's a DCT not an auto.

Stock? None.

>drive camry
>in parking lot, have to reverse to turn around
>brake, put in reverse
>take foot off brake and car is still rolling forwards (though not under its own power)
>fucking two seconds of rolling forward in neutral later it shifts and starts going backwards
>wtf

later...

>leaving parking spot
>reverse out, put in drive
>car moves a bit but then stops and shudders
>think transmission finally shit the bed
>incredible relief when I realize I left the parking brake on

That car has a shitty, slow, clunky transmission. Fucking hate automatics, I want to go back to my old manual shitbox.

I never had this problem. Just because your used car is broken doesn't mean autos are shit.

>FASTER THAN A MANUAL
>STILL SOMEHOW NOT SUPERIOR

Get rekt manual fags. show me one manual in the 6's in the 1/4 and ill convert my car to a muncie 4 speed.

>basic bitch dailys
Fuck no.

If your DD is new-ish and has a moderate amount of power, a slushbox can be livable. If it's an underpowered shitbox, however, a slushbox auto is going to be horrible to drive compared to a manual. The improved acceleration and more direct control over how "hard" the car is pushed make the shortage of power much less frustrating,

>Drag racing
Disgusting

But it's an auto.

I don't know about that but the DSG in my Polo is fucking awesome.

What if i think fast is fun and your a faggot?

Why would someone put a wheel wrap on one of those, it ruins the amazing feeling of the detents in the wheel.

say that to my 177k mile 4l60e behind an LS1 V8

it only bangs on wot 2-3, promise

Some people prefer them, it's been there for quite some time with how worn the wrap is, bought the thing almost 2 years ago and I don't mind the wrap, I'm just happy it's the original wheel and not some shit aftermarket one.

Fun is a buzzword

>Don't shift me or my wife's son ever again

>friend bought a manual e60 550 with 40,000 miles
>145,000 miles
>needs a clutch

>mom buys an auto e60 530 with 50,000
>80,000 miles
>needs a new tranny