I really want a katana shift knob for teh lolz, but I don't want one that will fall off if I use it daily

I really want a katana shift knob for teh lolz, but I don't want one that will fall off if I use it daily.
Some of them look like they are threaded and others have a bunch of on the end.
What should I look out for when buying a shift knob?
Pic related: I like the square tsubasa

Other urls found in this thread:

etsy.com/listing/285881451/samurai-sword-katana-shift-knob-6-inches?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=katana shifter&ref=sr_gallery_1
hurstshiftersonline.com/productcart/pc/Repro-MOPAR-Pistol-Grip-Handles-Parts-c43.htm
aliexpress.com/item/WLR-STORE-For-Ninja-KATANA-Shift-Knob-For-Automobile-Spare-Part-Speed-Chrome-Samurai-Sword-Handle/32710684548.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.264.JGHnNh
aliexpress.com/item/Dyno-Racing-JDM-Samurai-Sword-Shift-Knob-Shifter-Katana-Metal-Weighted-Sport-With-12mm-hole/32719605557.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.271.JGHnNh
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just weld it on, then it will never come off while you are grinding on it.

JAY DEE EM AS FAWUK

You'll be fine with either. The threaded knobs are more secure and generally have better build quality.

I have the same katana as your pic related in my car since my shifter rod is knurled rather than threaded. It's okay, but I had to grind down the set screws so that they sit flush.

Exactly the kind of response I was looking for.
Thanks user!

How much did you pay for yours?
I found this on chink shit website for like $25
I think I want the longest one possible for extra kekz, so I'd assume that those are more expensive than the shortys

Like $25. I got the shorty though since the long one would've been cumbersome. I bought it while drunk and decided to keep it since it was funny. I'm pretty happy with it.

I just want to shriek, every gear change as if I'm chopping down an enemy

Those six screws should be fine, we use a similar setup when we mount street lights on poles.

I want an SU-35 control stick.

dude, that would look rad in a saab (muh fighter jet styling lel)
I want the katana b/c ricey asian car
If I had a classy sedan I might get a wooden duck
Does someone actually sell those or would you have to gore out your PC stick or get crafty at a military base?

I've seen these ready to go on Etsy.

Otherwise you can buy a cheap katana, cut it, buy a threaded bit, and weld it on. no welder? go to a muffler shop, give the guy $10, and have them weld it on.

dont get anything too heavy, it will ruing your shit

etsy.com/listing/285881451/samurai-sword-katana-shift-knob-6-inches?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=katana shifter&ref=sr_gallery_1

>I really want a katana shift knob for teh lolz
and i really want to kill my self

>underrated

pistol gripper best shifter

I personally like the beer tap shifters.

Dildo or stock.

that's pretty fukken cool user
you weld that yourself?

Mfw this isn't a bait or troll thread

fuk no, they make reproductions.

hurstshiftersonline.com/productcart/pc/Repro-MOPAR-Pistol-Grip-Handles-Parts-c43.htm

Prolly cost more than the damn gearbox you ripped out of a Ram.

Here's the real knob you want.

I would if I drove a miata, but I prefer to kiss girls in my mitsubishi

haha
idk shit about guns
They are cool and I like them, just don't know much about them despite being around them all my life.

so for the knobs like OP pic
Do the black adapters screw on so that the allen screws don't eat up the actual shift lever when you tighten them?

check it
worked at a Toyota dealership about 6 years ago and this one came in. on a Tacoma

that looks like something a serial killer would do

OP here
bout to pull the trigger on both of these
I picked one with each style hole, in case one doesn't work out. They are also different lengths in case I start hitting myself with the longer one when shifting.

aliexpress.com/item/WLR-STORE-For-Ninja-KATANA-Shift-Knob-For-Automobile-Spare-Part-Speed-Chrome-Samurai-Sword-Handle/32710684548.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.264.JGHnNh

aliexpress.com/item/Dyno-Racing-JDM-Samurai-Sword-Shift-Knob-Shifter-Katana-Metal-Weighted-Sport-With-12mm-hole/32719605557.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.271.JGHnNh

What you guys think?

forgot the gosh darn pic

Y'know

Katanas and skulls and shit dont seem so bad anymore.

You will get tired of this meme fast. I use to daily a rat rod in the spring/summer and it had a super long shifter similar to pic related, it becomes an annoyance.

Gets funny looks from people though which balanced it out a little

where the christ are the pedals and seat

Idk man I just got that pic off google cause I didn't have any of mine on my phone. I'm assuming that's someone in progress project

The short one is actually pretty comfortable to use. Not much of a difference in weight to my stock knob either. And it has the pro of making my daily even more laughable.

>paying money for that shit

pff y don't you go to the fuckin dollar store and buy a toy sword to stick on there you'll look like just as much of a faggot either way and this is coming from a miata driver, or I don't know, put some time into something interesting instead

That actually wouldn't look bad if were mounted as low as possible shifters are nothing at salvage if you want to cut one up

dang
I could have got one from the fair for cheap
Maybe I'll find a cooler sword from an anime and do that later

There are plenty of potmetal memeswords from whatever anime you want all over the internet for cheap. I'm assuming of course, but I would think the handles at least would be strong enough for this

yeah
I live in Texas and there's a big renaissance festival a few towns over.
Last time I was there, they had a bunch of cool swords for rather cheap.
IDK if I want a master sword tho, b/c it might stab me
I can at least take measurements and stuff from the ones I've already ordered and put what I learn from that into one that I build, if I decide to do that.

Tetsusaiga might make a pretty cool shifter, but finding a Tetsusaiga for cheap and then wasting that big blade may not be worth it.
Bakusaiga looks pretty rad, but it looks like that'll cost over $100

I really like Mugens sword from Samurai Champloo and it would be an appropriate fit in a modded honder. And they're like $40 on ebay

Just get a dragon dildo and tape it to the shifter there the same thing

ur mum