When was the last time you used the CD player in your car?

When was the last time you used the CD player in your car?

Other urls found in this thread:

factoryradioservice.com/index.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last time I was in my car.

Duh.

yesterday

Never

Everyday because its cheaper to buy CDs than a new radio (AUX cannot be added)

no cassette player or fm radio?
>pic related

I think it was the summer of 2014. I was on a road trip and all the batteries for my FM transmitter were dead so I listened to two The Cure CDs all the way home. But then I bought a stereo unit that could accept a flash drive.

CD have better sound quality than aux cord

Cassette to AUX is heaven

It's funny how actually the LC is more and better refined than the Lexus flagship model LS, the new model...top kek.

Never, my shitty aftermarket Pioneer stereo only has aux and usb.

Now if only I could replace the crappy speakers on my 90's jap shitbox

The LC is the flagship model.

This afternoon. I only have FM and CD and I can't replace the headunit because it's not a DIN slot. Lots of burned CDs for me.

When I first bought it, like 2½ years ago. Found a BT adapter that connects to the cd changer port and it works flawless with wheel controls so I'm happy.

I don't even think my car has one.

Yesterday

Never used one in a car that I've owned, and I didn't drive my mothers Saab after I bought my Merc, so it must be getting close to 4 years

Volvo didn't have a head unit (or speakers for that matter)
Mercedes got a new headunit the day I bought it, with USB, AUX and DAB+, so no need for CD
Toyota also got a new headunit two weeks after I bought it, with USB, AUX and DAB+

Never. Cassette to AUX FTW

I haven't since I had my own car, so like 2013 maybe

this

personal car is new and doesn't even have one, work truck used it last week, even though it has bluetooth - my phone fell between seats and couldn't load slacker.

How does this even work? It doesn't have a film rolling in it!

It's analog

>CDs
>taking up a whole din slot
Ew
You arent too smart eh?

>Casette tape master race

Someone threw the CD changer and the tapedeck for my car away 20 years ago for an integrated CD player, then someone else threw that away in recent years. I'm trying hard to find some OEM equipment on eBay

Everyday because I have a phone mount that sits in it

Couple days ago when I was in a hurry and needed my on demand nonstop eurobeat mix instead of my usual Spotify over Bluetooth.

I'm 16 and have never seen a CD in my whole life, only use the SD card reader

Neither the LS or the LC have been released yet. Which calls into question how you reached the conclusion that one is better than the other already. Also peculiar due to fact that they are virtually the same car underneath.

A few days ago. I always forget to buy a pack of blanks to put songs on

When I first started using it I thought mine could take multiple CDs and almost ruined the one inside trying to put another one in

Back in the summer, after buying new CDs while on holiday, but before ripping them because I didn't have time to on the road.

Otherwise, new CDs arrive by post, get ripped, and get stuck onto the car's dedicated USB stick.

I have a stang with the 6 CD shaker 500, but have never used it. I just listen to the radio

Depends which car I'm driving.
aux lately, but XM is still my go to. Switching presets is easier than switching CD's.
Now if you'll excuse me I have to fap to those climate controls and that tastefully hidden slot.

I used CDs in my last car because it didn't have an aux jack.
My current car has Bluetooth -- a huge step up.

I've never used it.

Just bought an '05 Audi, dead stock stereo with a CD head unit and 6 disc changer. Conversion kits look autistic with wires popping out of the trim panels so I'll be breaking down some time this year for a new head unit. Amp/speakers are all Bose so will probably leave them alone.

I'm glad I hung on to all my old CD's.

It has a little metal strip that converts the AUX signal to the cassette deck, it's quite brilliant actually

Pretty much every time I drive.

Maybe 3-4 months ago

Nice.

I listen to the soundtrack of my straight 5

>2017
>having a car with a CD player

kek @ you, poorfags

Every day. I've got a six-disc changer in the trunk and by God I'm gonna use it like the boomers intended me to.

Yesterday faggot

Always CD player, have such a cool selection of CD's. Yes I realize how stupid that is, but I spend lots of time in my car passing time.

The only option is radio transmit to iPod otherwise, and I'd rather just buy CD'S because I feel good paying for it.

About 6 months or a year ago. I tried to use it for a while, but I've realized that it's impossible to listen to music at speed. Too much conflicting noise.

Last sunday...

Yesterday. I keep some CD's loaded with MP3's in case I don't feel like grabbing an MP3 player.

Do you not have hands?

actually no, I drive with my mouth

for real though, everyone tells me the speakers on my car are a fucking pain to replace

I use it all the time to blast my super eurobeat mixtape

About 20 minutes ago. My shitbox is 15 years old so it doesn't have usb/aux hookup and I haven't bothered to replace the unit.

Instead, I burn killer mixtapes on Maxell CD-Rs like it's 2003

This
6 disc changer full of Eurobeat

Around 2005 when I replaced all my CD's with an ipod

i can respect that

>AUX cannot be added
Get one of those AUX to FM converters. They typically have bluetooth too. You set it to an FM frequency and then dial the FM radio to that frequency. They're pretty cheap too.

>tfw car is too old to have aux jack or Bluetooth
>but also too new to have tape deck
>only have CD player
>tfw no CD to aux exists

What must it be so hard to listen to my music?

What kind of car is it?

With such stupid posting I think you'd be better of at /moo/

its never been used before

aux for life

In 2010

Those are seriously terrible

Right now. Morning radio shows are the only reason I use the radio any more.

always
changing discs on highway is always fun

Everyday, rx8 doesn't have an aux port and an aux port/usb module that plugs into the expansion port on the stock radio is $200.

Last time I was in my car. I don't feel like getting a head unit and the music in my phone is from Spotify, but Spotify doesn't have some of the weirder shit I like so I burn it to a CD.

>When was the last time you used the CD player in your car?

I don't mind using a CD player. I also have AUX and a USB thumb drive with ripped MP3. The current CD in there is an X-Japan greatest hits which unfortunately cost $76 USD in equivalent 2016 dollars to import from Japan due to being out of print.

It was ripped and made available some time ago because there were no others. I bet if you download a pirate version, it is from my CD rip or some dork re-encoded to either a lower rate or upcoded it to FLAC to gain something to use as upload credit elsewhere. Those peeps suck.

I think i have one of those sitting around. Email?

well I actually found a cd of the money store so fairly recently

Idk why I have one, my car has Bluetooth and USB. I can just fill a flash drive with music or play music from my phone

I've only ever used it once, when I was checking if it could read MP3 CDs. Turns out it can't.

user, if that is the changer you are looking for I literally have it sitting on my counter right now. Give me an email and its all yours, otherwise I guess I'll post it on ebay for you lol

I have a 6CD changer. so I use it all time for days I forget my ipod

nissan almera ?

Never.

About 6 months ago. Bought a 2005 car with the stock sound system that didn't have any aux/usb inputs so I made do with the CD player until I replaced the head unit.

About 55 minutes ago
>tfw out of room in CD case

You can send your stereo off and have AUX or Bluetooth integrated into the head unit for ~$100.

And the sound quality will be good unlike those suck-ass adapters that everyone pushes.

what year is that ?

tfw when your 2016 car has ditched CD players all together.

What's a CD?

what car?

toyota avalon

Tfw when it's 2016 and you car only has a cassett deck

Never, bought my car with it broken, and replacements are 600 bucks or more

I was gonna guess lexus looking at the shift gate, never seen that cluster in the center on a lexus though. looks pretty nice.

I got one of those for my crown vic
I cant tell if the cassette aux is shit, my ipod music is shit, or is my speakers are shit, but I cant get over how bad some songs sound...

I highly doubt my saved music is bad
My stock speakers may be garbage but I cant get over the thought that my cassete aux might be garbage.

Anyone recommend a quality cassette aux? I wanna experiment.

factoryradioservice.com/index.php

I'm not too concerned with having the CD changer. It was a dealership option anyway, which is probably why it's in so many other cars. I'm just going to try to get the OEM tapedeck and use one of the tapedeck AUX adapters

if i recall, avalon is the highest toyota level, which is just under the entry level lexus. a few years back the avalons were actually better than the lowest-end lexus

What fucking CD player?

About 8 months ago. I have a 64gb phone and my receiver is Bluetooth. Literally no point of a CD player. Also USB 64gb full of music aswell... CD player gets no love.

Today. Every single day I drive.

ya know it, post 98 facelift, with full-blown 1.4 shitbox power

a nissan almera n15, known as pulsar in kangarooland and japan

>tfw no Minidisc player module for your CD player

I had a minidisc headunit and changer in my Subaru forever ago. Fuckin thieves stole all of it while it was at the dealer.

They were probably pissed as fuck when they realized what they stole.