What is Veeky Forums's thoughts on Tesla?

What is Veeky Forums's thoughts on Tesla?

Does anyone here own one?

Unreliable peaces of shit.

It's more computer than car imo, especially with the way they tier ownership with software packages and upgrades.

It makes it pretty undesirable from my perspective, but I can see why normies want one.

pretty expensive for a statement nobody cares about

I have a Model S in norway, Its excellent, we have charging areas all over the place that are free, and i can charge at work for free. I havent spent anything on the car in 3 years.
Paid 75k USD for it 3 years ago which is very cheap in my country for a car with those specs.

Pretty expensive beta test

>awful build quality
>garbage tier interior
>fuckhuge display (that controls fucking everything) which will inevitably get progressively laggier until it stops working altogether
>less than 300 miles of range
>very few maintenance/repair centers
>cannot launch more than twice in a row without overheating making the instant torque of the electric motors useless in a performance setting
>literally cannot complete one lap of any well known racetrack without overheating and going into limp mode
>batteries will go bad in a number of years

the fact that people spend $70k+ on these heaps of shit is hilarious to me.

I like how they went their own way with the front end.

They're really brave.

I love how they spend $70k on a car with the build quality of an Accord to save money on fuel.

But but Elon told me that it was the future.

amazing technology that triggers autists on Veeky Forums

i love how everyone who talks shit about them is too poor to afford one and couldn't even afford to lease a 4 cylinder camaro

Way, way too expensive to be interesting.
Will have to wait and see how the batteries age too.

If it doesn't have a gearshift then it's not a car.

looks comfy

>peaces

That's because Iron Duke cameros are hard to find

it actually looks pretty good, damn.

is there any car that looks worse with twingo front end?

>the fact that people spend $70k+ on these heaps of shit is hilarious to me.

It's the american equivalent of that european brand that people will pay high ass prices for whilst getting shit reliability and value and defend at all cost because it was crafted by the gods.

>peaces

Who fucking cares if it can't lap a racetrack. It is clearly not a track car.

Shame, it's probably the best looking sedan on the market, behind maybe the XJ or the S7.

No. I recall the designer of the twingo saying his aim was to give the car an aura of familiarity and happiness.

Very innovative. In Halo the Elites would drive Teslas, the Brutes would drive V8s.

Then the fanboys need to stop posting track times

>Very innovative
Electric cars existed before IC cars. They just never took off because they are trash, and back in the late 19th century people were smart enough to realize it, so they came up with the internal combustion engine.

Drove one once and didnt like the engine braking. If you let up of the accelator it immediately slows. I like being able to take my foot off the gas and creep.

Meant to say I like to take my foot off the brake and creep.

Electric cars never took off because battery tech was shite. Tesla has made a battery practical for daily use and now is working on quick recharge infrastructure. Sounds innovative to me.

>there hasn't been any innovations since the 19th century, therefore, its all shit

>tfw know a mega cuck who put a deposit down on one of these

you can't make this up

its an innovation in marketing
they realised the only way to mitigate the massive weight and cost was to sell it as a luxury sedan

iirc they added a bit of creep in a later software update

But you can enable creep

>its an innovation in marketing
>company has no marketing team and does not advertise

Tesla threads really bring out the retards. Try to do more than 0 seconds of research before presenting your idiotic thoughts if you want to make a point one way or another about the company.

I like Tesla Coils

I guess you misunderstand

How are they posting track times if it can't complete a lap?

you call a timeout in the middle, duh

none of these people own a tesla, dont believe a word they say

Don't believe him, he doesn't own a tesla which means everybody he linked does

False.
When the ICE took over electric and steam-powered cars, it was mostly because of how complex it is for one person to operate a steam engine, and because there was no national power grid yet, making electricity difficult to obtain in remote places while petrol can be kept within the car and petrol stations just require big tanks full of stuf while an electric station would have required connection to the grid that simply wasn't there.
>practical range of a current BMW i3 : 75 miles
>practical range of a 1909 electric Baker : 75 miles

Charging time is too long.

And neither do you.