When Americans were building this, Europeans were building shitboxes like the Austin Mini and Opel Kadett...

When Americans were building this, Europeans were building shitboxes like the Austin Mini and Opel Kadett. Nip cars of the 60's aren't even with mentioning, because not one is memorable in a single way.

So why did it go so wrong for the Europeans and Japs? Why couldn't they make anything cool as fuck like the Olds 442, Mustang GT, Camaro Z28, Plymouth Superbird or Pontiac GTO?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/09/06/car-loans-now-top-1-trillion-delinquency-rates-rise/89911210/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah you cant even win this game when both Japan and Europe were making much better cars than shitboxes with big engines

in which way are these bland as fuck commuters better?

Maybe it's because we were recovering from a world war, you imbecile retard. Americans are always quick to loudmouth, they never fought wars on their own soil.

that Mercedes is more comfortable and faster than most muscle cars

tell me how shitboxes with big engines and poor build quality can even be considered good

protip they cant

>implying the majority of the cool shit ever came to burgerland

They're not. An American land yacht rides better and is way the hell more reliable. But I wouldn't expect much from people who thought this was a good idea. Gif related.

nips and bongs built their roads when everyone was still riding around in horse-drawn buggies and didn't think to leave extra room.

pretty much this

american land barges dont ride for shit and have awful interiors

calling them yachts implies luxury which they all lack

Oh please, Mercedes made the pullman in 63, it had fuel injection which americans haven't even heard of.

Lol try not to get invaded or bombed next time retard

Chevrolet had Fuel Injection in 1957, fucktard.

Europe and Japan were poor due to the war. When they stopped being poor and the energy crisis struck, they were perfectly poised to enter the market and start winning.

and yet they used carburetors until 1993 lmfao

which is funny because one American harbor gets bombed and everyone cries about it for 70 years and marks it on calendars lmao

Europe had electronic fuel injection in the 40s too

Even worse excuse. All of your factories were brand-fucking-new, yet you still churned out utter shit like the 2CV.

i mean, it kinda flung us into a world war

Okay so what did get bombed, your first point about "Maybe it's because we were recovering from a world war, you imbecile retard. Americans are always quick to loudmouth, they never fought wars on their own soil." Is now invalid

Son what's your excuse for having shitty cars now, kiddo?

>a car suited for the needs of the people
>bad

sorry other countries think more logical than

BIG ENGINES AND CHROME

American cars were utter shit and were never good

Im not that user

literally 1 harbor and Americans still cry like bitches

it wasnt even a war on our own soil

>confirmed edgy baitfag

Be honest, your just a weeb salty that nips got nuked and put in internment camps

lmao comparing one harbor on annexed land to entire capitals being in crumbles

>nip cars of the 60's aren't even with mentioning, because not one is memorable in a single way
t. Retarded hick

>Europe... EFI... 40's

Nope, try again. The first EFI system was made by Bendix and was offered in the 1957 Nash Rebel.

Lmao don't let your capital get crumbled then noob
We got hit once and turned around and fucked everyone's shit up without incurring anymore damage, you Eurocucks got shit all over

>confirmed damage control

lmao

cant even defend how shit American cars are

>had no wars crippling the nations infrastructure
>booming economy
>made pure garbage

umm no

the first was on a Alfa Romeo in 1940

>made the chevelle

Literally nothing anywhere else can even compete

>without incurring anymore damage
yeah because 400k dead soldiers were good for morale

>1940 Alfa
They made one fucking car as a test bed, and it was never put into production.

Try harder, faggot

Are you aware that the actually good Japanese/European cars from that era were never exported? The reason for the poor perception they had back then was that they sent their overflow and lower-quality junk nobody wanted to the US for a quick buck.

>more comfortable
don't make me laugh

>faster
o I am laffin

Friendly reminder that it was a bunch of americans who made nip cars so reliable.

wew boy another shitbox with a big engine

literally nothing special and even the top model is barely faster than the goddamn big ass luxury sedan up there

>moving goalposts

EFI
Europe

facts you cant deal with

Edward Demming was a demigod.

Put your faith in God, all others bring data.

They did once, and nearly lost 80% of their landmass. The only reason America still exists is because Britain was simultaneously warring with France and didn't want to waste resources fighting on two fronts so they offered a truce.

We're talking about infrastructure here lol what an idiot. Detroit churned out machines of war 24/7 and on their lunch break produced muscle cars that's absolutely rekt any cuck mobiles that the rest of the world made kek

>shitboxes like the Austin Mini and Opel Kadett
And the most comfy and innovative car of that time, but let's not mention that.

>60s
The first Porsche 911 was build in 1963, it was one of the best cornering cars of that time.

As Porsche increased the displacement by 1969 it also became the fastest german production car, driving 230km/ or 144mph.

Nobody is moving fucking goalposts. That EFI was never in a production car. You literally couldn't buy it unless you bought the entire fucking company. So it doesn't count.

yawn

>it doesnt count because it proves me wrong

fuck off kid

Too bad they're unreliable pieces of shit and ugly as fuck.

>the fastest german production car, driving 230km/ or 144mph.

hahahhhahah

OK, that is absolutely a shining star of success. But that doesn't let you off of the hook that with normal cars that your Mom and Dad bought, a Nova would shit all over a Cortina and twice on Sunday.

And yup, I'll have a 911 before I die.

>unreliable
If you don't know what the fuck you're doing, sure.

hey look

that car with a 7L engine that has a lower top speed than a 6 cylinder Beetle

Yeah, that fucker went over 200 at Talladega.

and oh yeah

the Hemi was infamously unreliable and hard to keep running worth a shit and you were lucky to get 10mpg

>comparing a 1960s street car with a race car
Also, the Porsche was desinged for corners, not for speed.

Look, the 2000GT is fucking awesome and looks amazing, but let's be real, it's very very similar to the E-Type. Even though it's prettier I wouldn't call it particularly memorable.

Plenty of Daytonas and Superbirds were sold for street use. It used to be a requirement for NASCAR. Fact is, that's why they looked so fucking weird. In order to race NASCAR, homologation rules were in place. Same body, same engine, available for retail purchase.

>this clusterfuck of air lines
>french
>reliable

That's the street production version. The Daytona is the Race version which went 200mph.

No less reliable than other cars of the time, although more of a pain to fix and harder to find support for because it's so unique.

>Unreliable pieces of shit and ugly as fuck
>Posts picture of superbird

Topest of keks. At least post the charger or some shit, not the """"""""""racecar""""""""""" wit the stupid wing.

Again, lots of them were sold for street use. How is this so hard to understand?

Tbh I find the 2000gt much more memorable than the E-type. I doubt any normie on the road would recognize either though

Where do you think the "Stock Car" in NASCAR came from? They came from the showroom with that wing.

>That's the street production version. The Daytona is the Race version which went 200mph.

this is wrong

they were both made for homologation purposes

goddamn you dont even know the shit you try to push

and the ones on the street werent that great

until they took the wing and cone off because it was so ugly that no one was buying them haha

The car industry is so globalized and incestuous that everybody makes everything for everyone and quality among countries varies wildly.

That was only 15 years after Ludwig Erhard restarted the german econmy...
That car was still a far later design than the 1963 Porsche 911 and still designed as a race car oposed to the 911 sports car.
Also the 911 was made only 15 years after we started to have a free market.

The 911 was still supririor on real tracks like the Nürburgring or other tracks.

>why werent yuros and gooks building utterly useless cars that are inefficient in everything except going fast in a straight line?
Because they were busy living in the real world and not being 12 forever.

>no one was buying them haha

Plenty of people bought them. All of the Euro cars posted in this thread so far are out of the reach for 99.99% of Europe's population.

ITT: eurostan so far into damage control they cant even see the outrageous obsolescence and incompetence of their trash auto manufacturers

Reminder that the UK built the first land vehicles to go over 150mph, 200mph, 250mph, 300mph and the first supersonic land speed record.

Americans can't even go in a straight line

>out of the reach for 99.99% of Europe's population
Nope, Porsche 911 sold way better than plymouth superbirds.

many sat on the lot unsold until the price was slashed or the dealer modified them to make them look like normal Chargers or Road Runners

hell 6x more of the SEL I posted at the start of the thread were sold than Superbirds

only 1800 of them were in the US

and oh yeah this gigantic ass luxury sedan ran the 1/4 in the same time too

now this is damage control

Only because they physically made more of them.

Sorry were too busy setting records on other bodies in space.

Plymouth could have been making more Superbirds, if anyone would wanted them.

>who was Wernher von Braun
>why was the Saturn V painted like a V2?

I hope you realise most first gen Mustangs sold were base model straight 6's and were slow as fuck shitboxes

Yet they were still faster than the average car in Europe now. Keep in mind a Twingo does 0-60 in over 20 seconds.

It wasn't unreliable, Chrysler only greenlit the original hemi on the condition that it could do 100k miles before service.

Additionally its a pushrod v8, nothing too complex.

Europe was also thoroughly buttraped by a war and most of their streets were small, winding, and built for horses and pedestrians

Wow! An over sized model rocket!

>Keep in mind a Twingo does 0-60 in over 20 seconds.
Yes, everyone in Europe drives a Twingo.
Not a single 3-series, Passat, A4, C-Class, Mondeo or Insignia to be found.

>Oldsmobile status : dead
>Plymouth status : dead
>Pontiac status : dead
>Hummer status : dead
>Saturn status : dead
>Packard status : dead
>Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep status : bought by the italians
>Buick status : only sells in China
>Chevrolet status : rebadges korean and european cars
rly maeks u think

you now realize that clarkson himself admitted to modifying that car to be much more likely to tip over

And yet a soon as they rebuilt they literally destroyed you car industry, hows detroit these days?

>Yes, everyone in Europe drives a Twingo.

Correct. They ride the fucking bus and train. Because even a Twingo is out of reach for most people.

You need to be a "footballer" to afford any of those other cars.

>Americans unironically believe they need a 200hp 7litre carbed pushrod veeaight to merge onto a 55mph highway.

>brittain representing europe
That "car" was laughed at by all of europe...

>Not a single 3-series, Passat, A4, C-Class, Mondeo or Insignia to be found.
In sub-2l diesel cuckbox form, sure.

Britain is only good at making McLarens and Morgans at this point, their automotive industry self-destroyed in the 70s and they have been irrelevent shit ever since.

>implying we all drive diesels
Why do burgers think that shit?

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/09/06/car-loans-now-top-1-trillion-delinquency-rates-rise/89911210/

>Americans owning anything

>all these camaros and mustang leased on Veeky Forums

Burgers have a completely inaccurate idea of how Europe is because they have zero exposure to european media, art or news or anything, while euros have been force-fed burgerism since the marshall plan.

Says the retard renting his house, sorry... "flat". Most wealthy people lease their cars, think about that.

All you have to is watch British car reviews on YouTube or watch Top Gear. Any normal car they review is almost always a diesel. There's even "Why don't Americans like diesels" threads all the time. You people always go on about THE MASSIVE TORKS and how expensive fuel is there (even though it's only slightly more than I pay in Canada, but whatever.)

>you
>implying I'm American

>Any normal car they review is almost always a diesel.
In TG's case, that's pretty much the joke. They go full crap and take the cheapest models to contrast with their usual supercars and other expensive things most of the audience will never get close to.

Then you're probably Australian which is almost as bad as Europe.

I actualy never did complain about the fuel price and don´t talk about
>muh torque
at all.

I am from Germany and hate diesel.
In my family we have 4 cars, only one is a diesel, one is a turbo gas engine and the other ones are naturaly aspirated gas engines.

Lmao
>can't even get to the moon
>expect to top American muscle

Oi guvna if it pleases the queen maybe we ought ta stop using met'rick system so we can get sumfinn done for once, innit?

Slowest twingo does o-60 in 14s.

>assuming I'm Australian

Ok, enjoy driving the banks car and getting into tons of debt, hope it was worth it

But by the way you're going on I'm going to assume you aren't old enough to drive

You have literally no clue about the european car industry/culture

>You have literally no clue about the european car industry/culture
Sure we do.

The best selling vehicle in Europe is the VW Golf with 533,000 units sold.

The best selling vehicle in America is the F-150 with 741,000 units sold.

You people drive shitboxes, we drive fucking trucks. You know why? Because FUCKING AMERICA, that's why. We buy trucks, because we get shit done.

Can't buy lumber and tools from Home Depot with a fucking Rabbit, Yurocuck. You need a Man's vehicle to do Manly things. Enjoy your faggotry of calling someone else to do shit for you while we're over here independent an FREE.

I bet even other Americans cringe at this.

Swings and roundabouts, American cars were much better back then. Wasnt long ago that American cars were terrible though. Now we are at a point where good cars come from both.

Says the Canadian Lmao
You are literally pretending to be American itt
How fucking pathetic!! Yum didn't even set your pussy foot in the fucking war Lmao!!!!

And this is how you tell the underage wannabe American is also a small dicked cuck :^)

This post is obvious b8 but yeah we have vans and 4x4's for "getting shit done"

Our electricians carpenters etc are much more highly skilled than the yank equivalent

As for leasing cars I don't see how you can brag about something you don't own

Just because you make poor financial decisions and run yourself into debt doesn't make you better than anyone really, anyone can go out and lease an m3 or whatever

Its funny that you call anyone "cucked" you're literally the most cucked nation on earth bar the massive shitholes like north korea

>Golf 533000 sold
Actualy it are 30 million Golfs..
>shitboxes
Wagons and hatchbacks capable of sustaining a high speed while needing a low amount of fuel.

We drive fast, while you get cucked by speed limits.

If we need to carry stuf, we use trailors, we even carry small planes with hatchbacks.