What do you think is the most "moral" European country?

All basing this on history, ofc.

Pic related, I'll pick Britain.

Other urls found in this thread:

reason.com/blog/2013/03/13/communism-killed-94m-in-20th-century
youtube.com/watch?v=tN1MkAGuVyY
bigthink.com/dollars-and-sex/how-promiscuous-are-you-take-our-online-test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yup, Britain

Ireland. It literally dindu nuffin yet suffered horrifically for it. Even still, it is gracious and forgiving. Plus they didn't.. y'know.. colonize half the planet

Denmark

Switzerland or Finland
prove me wrong

This one

>colonize half the planet

Colonization doesn't count b/c it's exclusively a neutral act, it helps the colonized country but it also fucks with them.

So imo, colonization cancels out.

> it helps the colonized country
"no"

>being a weak, incapable, bitch of a country
>moral

Come the fuck on Paddy, if you had the power you would have invaded England long ago, if you had the opportunity you'd have colonies from Mexico to Japan, you'd have slaves and spices

Don't be proud that you never stabbed a man, when ya never had arms to begin with

Proof?

We colonized Scotland
Wouldn't you too turn your back on colonialism if you created a monster such as the Scottish race?

Canada is proof.

The natives certainly didn't benefit from "Canada", no matter how much Canada glorifies them now.

>implying britain did anything wrong to the natives of canada

Pretty sure they did benefit from Western civilization, and I don't think they were that bad on them as much as the Americans were.

Boarding schools were pretty fucked up.

>education is fucked up

Oh wow, so horrible, we're being "forced" to learn about things we should know.

England, America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.

The Anglo's sense of morality is the best.

t. Piquerist Sex Offender.

>Moral
>Brits
Is this a joke? They killed and/or enslaved thousands all around the globe.

Poland

Milllions. Millions within individual countries.

Scandis? Sure pillaging in the middle ages was a dick move but for the last hundreds of years they've been pretty ok.

>Britain killed and enslaved thousands even MILLIONS of people
>oy vey muh millions
Proof?

They also brought civilization and ended slavery. Most empires just fucked the people they colonized. Brits did some goods

> brought civilization
?

Brits were still practicing slavery in the 1950s.

>falling for the emerald empires lies

San Marino, or some other country that never became relevant enough for significant military aggression or genocide

I don't really believe that, proof?

Whales bitch. The Irish and the Picts were total dicks to the Welsh.

So we can agree Portugal is the Jew nation?

>gold
>gold
>gold
>getting small territories but extremely profitable
>the only countries they created were war driven hellholes

What is written language, infrastructure, medicine, etc

Poland
>essentialy dindu nuffin except for some Ukrainians
>defender of the faith
>suffered terribly
>fought for its independence
>history of tolerance
>granary of the Europe
>standard-bearer for national liberation
>lost 20% of its population during WW2
>some of the most brilliant minds come from there (Kosciuszko, Marie Sklodowska-Curie, Chopin, Copernicus, Lukasiewicz, Zamenhoff)

of course they are also butthurt to the extreme and historical revisionism pros

Poland.
"Commonwealth Poland Lithuania"
"Free religion act (one of the earliest)"
"Poland"
Well i don't gonna lie we conquered like everybody but mostly deffensive wars.
"Fighting Nazi and comies"

Why Britan is not moral
"Back stabed us when WW2 started"

"Steal tea from india"
"Steal fish in flour from india"
"Colonies policy except Canada and America was focused on import for you"

i don't think Switzerland because just siting and watching everybody die is not okey.

Don't see the point in it desu, it always comes back to bite you in the hole
Our country is older than yours will ever be, we are some of the oldest people in Europe today
If we didn't have such a cunt for a neighbour we'd happily weather the ravages of time on our beautiful island at the end of the Old World
There's only 2 countries that could possibly have survived being right next door to Britain throughout history, one is France and the other is Ireland. Surviving that with a fraction of the population Britain has is no small feat.
Honestly can't wait for the US to collapse desu, sick of yanks looking down on everything, the Brits did it do but atleast they had strong work ethics and their stiff upper lip, yanks are just brutes with money

Sorry lad, we're bros now though

Imperial Reckoning, Caroline Elkins, Henry Holt and Company.

The British went into niggers houses, took them from their homes, put them in chains, moved them somewhere else, and forced them to work, mostly on ditches and airport runways. That's about as textbook slavery as you can get.

I'll try to get a specific page citation on it, but there's even colonial office memorandums admitting "Don't let this out, because this is totally violating the international prohibition on Slavery."

The Greeks didn't have written language for some time, would they have been considered a civilisation then?

Or what of the Mali Empire?

The Celts?

I'm talking about the British. Not the Greeks.

You're going to have to try harder than that, lad.

I still don't believe you!

Probably Finnland

>dindu nuffin
>btfo Russia with pitch forks and flails in ww2
>cutie women
>no wars of aggression afaik

there is none, because slave trade in the british empire was abolished in 1805 and made a felony in 1814

That's OK, your belief/disbelief is unimportant.

>Th-that's okay, I'll just lie about how "bad" the British Empire was, to other people, without looking at the history logically like this guy

Stay cucked, you lying leftist.

i don't think forced labour camps count as slavery.

i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure one of the key components of slavery is the ability to buy and sell the victims, so gulags wouldn't count

Cóż on chciał przez to powiedzieć?

>doesn't know of the murders that occurred in the boarding schools

Ok senpai

Silly Poland, it was never about you. It was about the money *rubs hands*, we would've never gone to war just to save you.

And you thought your alliance ACTUALLY mattered to us? Hah, you were simply pawns in the bigger plans of things.

The same "logical" look at history would tell you that the Soviets, Chinese and North Koreans didn't practice slavery, because that would be in violation of their constitutions. Hurr durr.

That doesn't even gel with the Brits own definition of Slavery.

>murdering in schools
>implying this doesn't happen today

Your greentext doesn't surprise me at all, regardless if I didn't "know" about it.

Okay but you told me an obvious lie that Britain was still doing slavery in the 1950s when it was clearly outlawed and made a felony in the 1800s.

You can't just brand Britain as an eternal evil empire when it never committed that many atrocities as much as your favorite communist countries did.

That's right, your favorite ideology killed 94 million people, far more than Britain could ever exceed.

reason.com/blog/2013/03/13/communism-killed-94m-in-20th-century

Pic related, you worship an ape that kills nations.

>getting rekt this hard

Most of them never actually received a proper education beyond 6th grade, instead they got tortured, starved, raped and murdered, these schools in the early years carrying as high as a 50% death rate. Unless you count learning English at the cost of their culture as "education".

>England
>moral
1888 Holy Victorian Empire
Only in Whitechapel, Metropolitan Police estimated that there were about 1,200 prostitutes of low social class and about 62 brothels

>What do you think is the most "moral" European country?
This is stupidly subjective. For all intents and purposes I think Poland based on my pre-determined criteria of virtuous morals

>
That's right, your favorite ideology killed 94 million people, far more than Britain could ever exceed.
Sorry user, I'm not a communist. Moreover you've run into a problem: Murder was illegal in the Soviet Union, and so, ergo, you must conclude that the Soviets Never killed anyone, you filthy Stalinist.

Netherlands

>Britain
>least moral European country

pick both

Most moral country? Israel of course goyim!
youtube.com/watch?v=tN1MkAGuVyY
>oy vey! We're just looking out for the best of all you goyims! To listen to Mr. Schlomostein and pay me your shekels, its immoral not to!

>m-muh soviet union was innocent
Yes, murder was illegal, but that didn't stop Stalin from sending people to gulags where most of them died as a result of negligence and punishment.

Not to mention the killings done by Stalin's military police when people didn't listen.

So yes even though that doesn't count as 'murder' and is really 'removal', it's still pretty much the same thing.

Anyways stay salty, friendo.

Don't forget priests knocking up little girls.

The Irish invaded Britain in the 5th century AD and conquered chunks of it. Around that time they even enslaved a certain British man known as Patrick.

Just because the Irish have been consistently smashed because they're so unorganised and weak hardly makes them moral.

kek.

>start bonded labor that forces thousands of indians from bihar to be shipped to the carribean without any way for them to go back home
>paid next to nothing because they can't read and signed contracts
>live in appalling conditions.

but hey, they signed a paper and everything

Finland.
>don't invade anyone or meddle in affairs
>content to stay chill, depressed and autistic
>defended their country valiantly
>native religion wasn't concerned with defeating other nations and religions but more with cosmology, spirituality and forces of nature

Are you retarded or just playing?

>Pooland
>dindu nuffin
Kek

They are literally the sole reason why the russians went from being simple farmer peasants, to eternally angry pissed off war-happy neighbor fucker-uppers.

>"hey wladislaw, let's force our culture and rule upon these autists to our east, they're small in size and autistic in everything else"
>"these autists are so evil for forcing their culture and rule upon us"
>"we dindu nuffin, da russian wuz the original aggressor"

Italy.
>spread a benevolent empire that does away with human sacrifice
>do the most to preserve culture during the dark ages
>crusades and inquisition aside, the pope and catholic church did a lot to prevent murder across europe
>created the modern world with the Renaissance
>oppressed by the french and austrians for most of their modern history, but don't act german about it
>one of the freest countries of the 19th/early 20th century

The only crimes in Italian history were committed by individuals like Nero, Borgia and Mussolini. As a people they didn't do nothing.

I wonder who's behind this post

It helps in the way having an abusive father may potentially Influence how you treat your kids which in most cases you'll copy your upbringing onto them.

Your can pimp out the forced laborers to companies in the colony or for your own interests or force relocations.

And a lifetime of mental scarring and family abuse through generations.

Andorra, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta.

>Morality
>Applied to State
No that stupid, state are amoral.

>Britain
>moral

PERFIDIOUS ALBION

Why are you all so anti-hibernic?
Have you no shame?

because fuck you and your car bombs to

Ireland and Poland are the only contenders. Literally always on the right side of history.

In Irelands case, simply being incapable doesn't mean they're moral.

Before they became the bitch island, they did plenty of raiding and pillaging

>In Irelands case, simply being incapable doesn't mean they're moral.
No but being on the right side of every conflict ever makes them moral.

>Before they became the bitch island, they did plenty of raiding and pillaging
Every country did this, and mostly on a larger scale and more recently than Ireland ever did.

[citation needed]

>Finland

Not so fast

bigthink.com/dollars-and-sex/how-promiscuous-are-you-take-our-online-test

Can we stop with the /int/ shitposting and define what you mean by "moral" first?

Easily Poland, literally on the "good guy" side in every war they were in.

Great Britain was way too involved in atrocities across the world, and ruined any chance of a stable Europe when they conspired against Napoleon. They'd be pretty damn low on the list of most moral European powers.

Just a reminder that during the expansion of the British Empire in the 1800s, the British Army was generally about 30% Irishmen.

What about Austria? Literally, just sent nobles to bang throne heirs all over Europe. Treated the territories they claimed as equal. And even though they started both WW1 and WW2, it was ultimately the Germans who fucked everything up!

the answer is obviously Iceland

>britain
>moral
MAYBE if you start history from 1950s. Otherwise HELL no.

Morality is not stopping french ambitions
France is obviously the most moral

>In Irelands case, simply being incapable doesn't mean they're moral.
>No but being on the right side of every conflict ever makes them moral.

Even WW2? hehe

>switzerland

Literally got rich from banking (and providing an off-shore for tax evasion and evading law) and nazi gold. How is that moral?

Enforcing the abolishment of the slave trade for everyone around the world is quite a feat. Gotta be Britannia.

t. pole

Switzerland

t. retard

Poland

Not for moral reasons though.
Also other systems replaced slavery to extract free labour.

Stupid question, but if i'd have to chose prolly some of the scandi nations.

Certainly not Britain. If the British empire isn't considered as deeply evil and oppressive it's because the UK was because the atrocities were shaded away by what germans did in europe and because Brits never killed for a certain ideology, but solely for profit, which foor some reason is considered less evil today.
no one careswhat had been done to nogs/chinks/poos/boers/potatoes and indians
The demographics of Ireland speak for themself.

Also how britains forced indians to crop opium so that they could sell the drugs to Chinese, resulting in Indians starving and Chinese society falling appart due to mass opium addication has some kind of poetic perfidiouness.
Literally doing evil in order to commit more evil at another place

>country built on rape and pillaging