ITT: things that retards say

ITT: things that retards say

>be careful riding a 2-stroke, they have powerbands

>that's not a turbocharger, that's an alternator

Holy shit that makes me boil over with rage
Where did this start, and why do so many people think that a powerbands is some kind of physical part?
Also
>turbo button

>Yeah I replaced the MOD V8 with an Inline 4 man, Get's better power.
>Spoilers make you faster
>Nah man, I'm never going to buy an old car cause the parts are rare.

>Nah man, I'm never going to buy an old car cause the parts are rare.
This is completely true though

>he's never had a powerband kick in after his turbo was turned on

Apart from anything before 1960. There will be parts on Ebay or some other site, May be expensive. But there will be parts.

Crazy fucking ricers think that there will be one fucking alternator for an 80's coupe in the entire country.

Maybe they just accidentally a word.

>yeah, my dreamcar is the *ENTER GENERIC SUPERCAR*

I mean, I dont mean to shit on peoples dreams or anything, but these are always the dreamcars of people who have no actual knowledge of cars or driving in general. They can't tell you the difference between AWD and RWD, they don't know what a V-engine is, they've never driven anything other than the automatic-transmission Camry their parents lend them... its their dream car because its loud, theoretically fast, flashy and ofcourse; expensive. Basically a status symbol

>people who don't understand that numbers in a car's name usually coincide with the engine displacement
>240sx
>2.4l

>200sx
>2.0l

>180sx
>1.8l

People who think that an oil leak is catastrophic

I had a nigger neighbor that thought my old Audi was some some kind of exotic supercar.
Was telling his brother about it saying that it had a turbo button. I didn't bother to correct him because his brother was eating that shit up

REDPILL ME ON X

WHY IS X SO DUMB

WILL X EVER RECOVER

X BTFO

Assmad GM fangirl spotted

Filters are a thing you know?
/pol/ gets so much better once you filter redpill

Find me an OEM or pattern front shock absorber for my 1995 audi s2

Are you trying to say two strokes don't have a powerband? Have you ever ridden one?

Haggard Garage is so mint

All engines have a powerband

Jesus Christ dude. At least Google what a powerband is

Except for two strokes very few motors have a strong enough power band to worry about. That's why people tell you to watch out, if you're used to a four stroke with a relatively linear power delivery you're going to be surprised when you jump on a CR500 that goes from 25 horsepower at 4 grand to 55 horsepower at 5 grand. They're just trying to help you not wreck yourself you fucking autist.

Or if you're volvo in the mid 90's then it's about the cylinders

>850
>5 cylinder
>960
>6 cylinder
>240
>4 cylinder

i think Op sentence is just missing a word to be correct so it's not a big deal it's just a bit stupid

240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX.

Try harder buddy

Newbies who rode 4t hop on a friend's big 2 stroke, friend says "watch out when you Crack the throttle it has very strong powerband and cones on quick"

Retards misconstrue it to thinking powerband is a part or something

>you can't start on a 1000

>Audis are just parts bin VW's.

>It's another Autism Anonymous/o/ edition thread

>VAG cars are just rebranded VW's

>Where did this start

Motorcycle racing. 2-stroke engines have a pronounced torque curve and as a result a broader "power band" that makes more power earlier in the rev range compared to 4-stroke engines.

>People who think that an oil leak is catastrophic
These people own BMW's.
I buy said BMW's from these people and flip them.

Which is kinda sad, because the valve cover gasket on an M62 is such an easy job...

Nobody is saying you physically can't, but if you think starting 99% of people on a liter bike is a good idea then you're a moron

>Hey can you help me go car shopping? My cars brakes are spongy so it's time to replace the entire car.

but they do.

>>Spoilers make you faster
They make the car more efficient, it will result in a higher top speed.

THOSE ARE SOME HARDCORE MUDTIRES, HOW CAN YOU BARE THE NOISE FROM THEM?!

I haven't seen bait this weak in years.

>Tfw my cousin said these exact words to me yesterday.
At least I know he's not serious. Right?

Light bars on trucks like this and lift kits taller than five inches.

It's not a prerunner you fag. You don't have 20" of wheel travel

>Manual transmission is okay.

>I buy premium gas for better fuel economy

hello newfriend

don't u dare talk shit about spoopy camrys
they are rly fast

>any variation of "hurr apex seals" as if they know something the owner doesn't

>manual is faster than auto

>tfw someone in my vicinity is shitposting on /pol/

No? A 4 stroke of the same power pulls way harder. They dig with torque.
2 strokes are peaky, makes them 10x harder to ride fast. 2 strokes just roost and don't go anywhere.

760 and 960 were in use before Volvo had a straight 6. The names have nothing to do with cylinder numbers or displacement.

MAYBE:
>240sx
>240hp

>180sx
>180kW

protip: they're the same car, and 180kW = 240hp.

The Volvo 260 and 760 had a PRV V6 (Peugeot-Renault-Volvo).

Even the 162/164 from the 60s had a six cylinder (volvo's own inline 6 this time) you daft cunt

The vast majority manuals vs autos, apples to apples are faster, it's only recently in the last 5-10 has that changed.

Bruh I'm getting real horsepower gains with my short ram cold (hot) air inyake

But the 760 also came with turbo'd B230s. Then there's the 780 which was a PRV V6 for the first few years, then a B230FT (turbo) 89-91. So the numbers corresponding
to cylinders wasn't set in stone starting in the mid 80s.

Yes and no. As above it was the rule of thumb, but in the mid 80s they veered away from that rule.

242=200 series, 4 cylinder, 2 doors
244=4 door sedan
245=5 door wagon
262=6 cylinder PRV, 2 doors

They dropped the distinctions in the badges in the early 80s, but kept it for the chassis code.

>MR2
>Snap over steer meme

while they make your car "efficient" in some areas, spoilers usually hamper top speed.

Apon further research it looks like the 760 was introduced with the prv v-shit. The turbo redblock was then offered after it was confirmed the prv was total shit.

You guys are getting spoilers and wings mixed up.

z06 > gtr

So a Porsche is 911 liters? or 9.11 liters?