/eagg/ - East Asian Genocide General - Shitwars Edition

Last thread: Pastebin for newcomers: pastebin.com/d4kmz03P

What we know so far:
-Dynasty Warriors 9 confirmed.
-Zhou Cang is playable, Shu officer.
-DW9 will be open world. We may or may not get a lot of newcomers. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Musou Stars may or may not replace Warriors Orochi.
-Berserk Musou is around the corner for the west, 2017 release.
-Koei-Tecmo has more games to announce this year, potentially during the Nintendo Switch Direct.
-Sanadamaru confirmed for localization.
-We're still ded.
-Mengde did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

nhk.or.jp/sanadamaru/en/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanada_Maru_(Taiga_drama)
aramajapan.com/news/kou-shibasaki-to-star-in-nhks-2017-taiga-drama/21947/
amazon.com/Three-Kingdoms-Chinese-Classics-Volumes/dp/7119005901
gamefaqs.com/boards/160302-romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-xiii/74224528
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can someone explain the styled names to me? for example Cao Cao is referred to as Cao Ahman, Cao Cao, and Cao Mengde. Ahman is his baby name and I understand that if you want to belittle him you call him that, but do you use the styled name (Mengde) when talking to him directly and Cao when talking about him??

Basara is here to stay. They're fantastic games.
Koei shitposter loyalists need to deal with it.

>basarafans don't start it I swear
>this post

checkmate basarafag.

What's the deal with the Yukimura games? Yukimuraden was announced and suddenly Koei revealed Sanadamaru, is it just a coincidence?

It was the year of Yukimura

koei giving capcom the finger IIRC

2016 Taiga drama is about Sanada clan, taiga drama is Japanese historical drama that run every year on NHK.

nhk.or.jp/sanadamaru/en/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanada_Maru_(Taiga_drama)
aramajapan.com/news/kou-shibasaki-to-star-in-nhks-2017-taiga-drama/21947/

Will the Nioh guy be in musou stars?

Really?

I know that Sanadamaru is a collaboration but what about Yukimura-den? Isn't Masamune the posterboy for Basara? Wouldn't making a game about Mitsunari be a better idea considering he's the most famous Basara?

Maybe they felt bad for pushing Yukimura out of the limelight with Masamune and Mitsunari going at it in SB4.

Basically, everyone had a surname (Xiahou) and a given name (Yuan). And everyone was given a style name upon reaching adulthood (generally around the age of 20). This name was usually related to their given name and was given to them by some mentor figure (often a teacher).

A man’s peers were expected to only call him by his style name. This was how one spoke to one’s equals. One’s superiors usually called a man by his given name - thus, for his colleagues to do that implied that they were superior to him, which was extremely rude. A man’s superiors could use his style name to show him great respect - the use of a man’s style name implied that you thought of him as your equal.

Because using a man’s style name implied equality and using his given name implied superiority, one could not refer to one’s superiors by name. Because of this, a man always referred to his superiors by title (General Xiahou, Chancelllor Cao, etc.) and never by name. Similarly, one always referred to one’s parents by their titles (Father, Mother, etc.). Siblings were usually referred to by titles as well, though this convention was not a hard and fast rule.

Because nobody was the superior or equal of the emperor, nobody ever had the right to speak the emperor’s name. Thus, the emperor was usually referenced by a number of euphemisms most commonly translated as Son of Heaven or simply His Highness. Deceased emperors were awarded posthumous names based on qualities they displayed in life, and people referred to them by these names. Certain high officials also received such names.

I just realized Tecmo owns Monster Rancher. We could see someone from that.

I bet we'll see a Destrega rep or two

>tenth page

Damn, Koei has a few IP's under their belt. They probably won't use them entirely, but Opoona was a surprise, so anything is possible.

Holy fuck we're back?
Did Dynasty Warriors 9 really do that much to bolster interest again?

one active thread and four ded ones

Ah, fuck. That's a shame.
I'd just say fuck it and dump my Kasuga gallery but I'm tired and should really be going to bed.

Wise choice user, /eagg/ hates Basara now

>now

how new are you?

might want to ask that question to yourself

>/eagg/ hates Basara
Really?
Is it the gameplay? Because the designs/characterizations in Dynasty Warriors aren't that much more different, especially in the newer games.

anti basara sentiment was a thing long before we /eagg/ died newfag.

so is pro-basara opinions

There's been hundreds of discussions on Basara and there'll be a thousand more

>Waifu Kasuga (I assume)
Good fucking taste user. Too bad none of us are Kenshin or Sasuke.

Wait a minute

Why is Adou not wearing his safety helmet?

>there'll be a thousand more
yeah uh only if we live for long enough

Leave Liu Shan alone! He's not stupid (in Dynasty Warriors).

Who?

2016 was Yukimura's death 400 anniversary, so everyone jumped to the Yukimura dick sucking bandwagon, not that I mind though

Lu Dai and Rong Kong never.

Hua Xiong and He Jin when?

I literally forgot about the pastebin thing. I'll get back to it when I'm free.

I was >164991323
I had no idea SB caused shitposting here, I thought I had finally found a place where to discuss it. Being a basarafag in the west is suffering.

Nah, discussing Basara here is fine, it just that praising SB while dissing on SW and DW is a no no here. And since SB is mostly Japan-only and most of /eagg/ posters dislike/indifferent about it, I don't think you'll be able to get much discussion here.

Allright, I see. I've been playing SW for longer than SB anyway.

What are the Musuou games you've played the most and the least? I have around 200 hours in SW2 and 250 hours in SW2XL, in SW4-2 I only finished the story mode once and played 10 or so free battles.

I have like 400+ hours altogether in WO3 on PS3, MO2 on PSP and WO3U on PS3. Played a lot of WO2 on PS2 too, along with DW3-5 and 6 on PS3. Played mainline less after DW6, no idea why. About 200 hours in SW4 on Vita and PS4.

>WO3U on PS3

Whoops, meant to say PS4

>the most
WO3. 500+ hours for the vanilla alone, 200+ hours more for Ultimate.

>the least
Dragon Quest Heroes with around 32 hours. I really dislike that game and stopped immediately the moment I platinumed it.
If DQH doesn't count, then probably DW6. I don't remember how long I played but I remember never actually finish all of the stories (which is already very few)

Why y'all dislike DW6? It's not too different from other DW games...

I think 6 is my most played DW. Going from PS2 to PS3 was mindblowing, kid me didn't give a shit about clone and cut characters. All I wanted to do was to mash square and commit genocide.

Getting 1000+ KOs so easily was crazy.

Someone from a mobile game

Zhao Yun's kids when?

Same. After DW3-5, the change was nice, everything was new and shiny and I was mindblown with being able to play as DW5 intro Zhao Yun.

>expand into Xiliang
>kill Ma Chao by accident when his unit gets destroyed
>now rather than absorb all the Mas, I have to kill them because they hate me
Fuck, and I actually expected to get some strong officers out of it. Things like that can really fuck up your expansion plans.

Well shit happens doesn't it
Look at it this way; at the very least, Ma Chao didn't run off to join your enemy like what happened to Cao Cao.

>kill Ma Chao by accident when his unit gets destroyed
That remind me of a XI playthrough of mine where after subjugating Xiliang, I took a look at the prisoner list and found no Ma Chao. Only then did I realize that I had accidentally kill him since when.

Well, it WAS Ma Chao. He'd have probably taken all his pals, shown you his favorite finger, ruined a family, and joined your mortal enemy if you let him live.

>not massacring the Ma family because they're disloyal horsefuckers 2.0

Gae

>not marrying Ma Yunlu

Wait you actually conqured Ma Teng army? I don't even bother with them because of their seemingly never ending supply of reinforcements, strong cavalry, and the fact that they always attack from behind at the worst moment.

Technically, they attacked me in Anding. While I was defending from the safety of the walls with 40k troops against 80k, I sent 50k from Changan to attack Tianshui. Now I'm preparing to repay him by sending a fake attack from Anding to Wuwei to draw out his troops, while using Tianshui to attack his other city.

Ma Chao died like a bitch when he climbed the wall through a ladder and thought that I wouldn't go around him with a unit and destroy those ladders while he was halfway through, leaving him surrounded and stranded.

Fucking hell, Wang Yi, what was so difficult about that?

A mix of WO3 at 110+ hours and HW around 105.

If I do 8XL again, that should top it off to 100.

I hope the PUK adds more game options like chance of death during battles. It seems way too high and in large battles your pretty much guaranteed to lose a few star officers.

>10

Holy shit, I remember that game.

New Strikeforce when?

>"War has changed, Brothers, and so must it's god."

that explains how Guan Yu beat so many of his opponents

Is the novel available in english?

Yes, I recommend this translation.

amazon.com/Three-Kingdoms-Chinese-Classics-Volumes/dp/7119005901

Was reading over the last thread and something tickled my non-existent autism. Like if you aren't into Basara, that's cool, differing opinions etc. etc.... but there was a sentiment I saw that was categorically untrue.
>Basara panders to fujos with its designs
>Musou doesn't

Oh really now?

>SB1
Mitsuhide
Yukimura
Masamune
Sasuke
>SB2
Motochika
Keiji
Motonari
Hanbei
Nagamasa
>SB3
Ieyasu
Mitsunari
>SB4
Katsuie
Sakon
Rikyuu
>Yukiden
Nobuyuki
>Total

>SW1
Yukimura
Mitsuhide
Masamune
Ranmaru
>SW2
Mitsunari
Nagamasa
Kanetsugu
Motochika
Kojiro
>SW3
Muneshige
Hanbei
Motonari (In 3 anyway, given he gets a beard in 4)
Takatora
>SW4
Nobuyuki
Yoshitsugu
Kojuuro
Takakage
Toyohisa
Naomasa
>Sanadamaru
Masayuki (young)
Sasuke
Katsuyori
Hidetada (RIP Tubbytada)
>Total

If beards aren't a detracting factor, then SB's Yoshiteru and SW's Nobunaga fit the bill too. To be a bit more fair to SW, I also excluded character that I've seen heavily shipped in gay pairings but aren't exactly prettyboys-- but if I included them, that'd include Matabei, Kojuuro, Hideyoshi, Kanbei, and Yoshitsugu in SB, and then SW's Keiji, Magoichi, Hideyoshi, Sakon, Musashi, Toshiie, Kiyomasa, Kanbei, Masanori, and Kagekatsu. You end up with 20 "fujobait" characters in Basara, and 31 in Samurai Warriors. I won't even go into NPCs...

There are 51 SB characters and 61 SW Characters. With the additional results, less than half of the characters in Basara are fujobait, and more the half are in Samurai Warriors. But even just initially, Basara has a smaller ratio of fujobait characters. So rethink your criticism of Basara if it's solely because of "fujobait", because it's just not true, not without criticizing Musou with the same brush or else being a hypocrite. I excluded SB Kenshin because Capcom can't seem to decide if Kenshin's a boy or a girl and their potential ships are with a bearded dude and a chick, but one extra character isn't going to tip the scale so whatever.

With an Alliance with Ma Teng, I can put all my efforts into crushing Sun Yi. Cao Pi is playing a dangerous game by recruiting Liu Bei to Cao Cao's cause, but I feel this can be used to our short-term advantage at least. Guan Yu absolutely hates me since I killed one of his sons and refused to join us and unfortunately managed to escape prison and join Wu and was appointed military minister and resides in Jiangling.
The Plan: Have Liu Bei transferred to Xiangyang and lead an army of 120k on the pretext of taking Jiangliang in a head-on fight. Guan Yu will most definitely come out to fight Liu Bei with an army of equal size of his own and the fight will most likely happen around the green circle area. While this fight is mostly a distraction to tie up Guan Yu and Jing province soldiers, I do hope that as a secodnary objective either Guan Yu defects to join Liu Bei which would spell the complete doom of Jing province as reinforcements wouldn't be able to mobilize from other Wu provinces quickly enough, or that Liu Bei or Guan Yu kills one another in the fight which would really dampen the chances of a second Shu state forming. While the Liu Bei-Guan Yu fight happens, I will lead a group of about 60k cavalry and fast commanders to take the orange route as fast as possible to reach Jiangliang before the Liu Bei-Guan Yu fight finishes. I'm not worried about Liu Bei defecting to Wu as Liu Bei really hates Sun Yi and has a positive relation with Cao Cao. Lu Meng is getting old and if I revolted only 8 officers would joni me, so I've resigned myself to helping Cao Cao unify China as much as possible before I die.

>Blu Meng vs Guan Wu

I am excite.

Was this necessary, fampai?

Is there no way to get an heir and continue through him?

RoTK 13 ends when you die, but you can get "Lifespan" items that probably have some impact on your death, but I don't know what precisely do they do. Maybe they only lower your chances at getting sick/wounded/killed, maybe extend your natural life as well.

Pretty ridiculous how they expect you to be able to conquer china within one lifespan.

They should put him in there

That's what the upcoming PUK is for, I suppose

PUK?

Power Up Kit. It's basically KT's version of expansions.
gamefaqs.com/boards/160302-romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-xiii/74224528 lists the stuff that's supposedly in the PUK since I can't find the official page. the PUK was supposed to come out last year but it must have ran into problems and I've heard it's finally coming out next month

Guan joined Wu? This is getting nuts.

Aah.

Looks interesting. Let's hope it does come next month, if not sooner.

>live as an assassin who targets generals' lives
That can be neat, but also exploitable
>Children
Finally there's a reason to have 3 wives, thank the heaven that there are portraits and not randomly generated potato faces like in the Empires.

>10
don't fucking die. I need people to discuss the Power-Up Kit when it comes out.

Not him but I think it was. Hate on what you want but don't make biased criticism.

Question about Nobunaga's Ambition:

What the fuck is the point of Maidens? My custom clan has none and I checked the game info and it said that only the Date clan has any (2/3 of whom look identical).

are you playing with maiden officers on? "Maidens" and female officers are separate I think, and maidens only count if they're related to the daimyo. You can also marry a maiden thats generated if your playing ascension and one of your friends gives a pop-up event wishing you to marry their daughter.

Yep, I've got Maiden Officers on. Fictional Maidens, too. Sphere of Influence.

Does that mean that all those fictitious maidens became officers ready and wiling to rip me a new one? 'cause the only female officer I've fought thus far is Kai, who wasn't really anything special.

Ever since me and the Hojo folks kicked the shit out of the Saotomi clan, the Tokugawas have been out for blood. Which is fine, I planned to kill them anyway, but each castle I take has resulted in a progressively more painful battle. Edo is mine, and with it 6 officers I rather needed, but I'm not sure if I can keep this pace.

I also set the game to Ageless so I wouldn't need to worry about anything as silly as death by old age, so I can afford patience, at least.

Stop being dead, we have a land to Unify

Dead like mah nigga Cao Cao.

Wanna see what Ambition looks like?
Here it is in human form--It's your boy Cao Cao!

Yeah, I'm all for deaths in the battle and all, but 13's death rate is disturbingly high, almost every other battle is a bloodbath.

Not every pretty boy is a fujobait, user.

Maybe you just have bad luck. Every playthrough of mine, I always get about 2 or 3 maiden after a few years. Or are you playing A Time of Heroes scenario? I think that scenario doesn't offer maiden officers because characters don't age.

Thirty Ambitions.

Iunno if that's what you meant, but it'd sure explain it. Then again, I'm only 50 years in...

>Thirty Ambitions
That scenario doesn't age character either, so that would explain it.

>Thirty ambitions as a custom clan
lmao are you suicidal? I just loaded up one of my historical saves and it seems that there's lots of maidens so it's probably the scenario

I'm playing Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires. It's my first Dynasty Warriors game. How do I stop getting my ass kicked on Hard Mode? I've beaten Normal Mode, but I can't keep up on Hard. Enemy generals kill me in two combos, and I barely do any damage back. My bases usually produce musou regen instead of health. The generals I don't control often completely wipe out their own stock of troops, even from full stock. The enemy generals level up and replenish troops much faster than I can. I understand all the basic strategy, like leveling up weapons, using lieutenants, keeping troops full, and developing items. How can I beat enemy generals more efficiently and stop my total army from taking so many losses?

I wanted a challenge and got what I bargained for.

I am confident in my ability to succeed. With the Satomi clan out of the way, I have my foot firmly in the door. It's all a matter of timing and management, now...

Git gud.

It's been a while since I plast played DW4E, so I may not be of much help but I'll try offering some tips. I remember officer strength scale with the size of their troops, so maybe try bolstering your troops to be much larger than the enemy? Or only attack the enemy right after they just got attacked by another enemy. The enemy officer is strengthened when they are in their bases, so try to lure them away from there or try capturing bases in some way so you can isolate them in your bases. If the enemy hit you too hard, then when your health hit red just run around until the musou bar got filled up and then musou the fuck out of the enemy, rinse and repeat. Try to get some tactic cards when your officer suggest them, they don't help much, but at least it's something.

If the game is still to hard, then try playing some other game to get more familliar with the gameplay. I suggest Samurai Warriros 2 Empires, as it's pretty much a more refined DW4E and offers a much more balance difficulty.