So I need some suggestions on what my new car should be...

So I need some suggestions on what my new car should be. This will only be my second car as my first one was a 2000 Toyota Corolla that i've had for 2 years and it had a LOT of problems.

My criteria:
>"swag factor" or brand appeal doesn't matter much
>Good gas mileage
>Not too expensive (obviously)
>Aux support/blue tooth support
>Reliable and doesn't require a lot of maintenance. Car for someone who doesn't want to work on his car much

Any ideas? Someone recommended I get a Volkswagen because they're high quality cars that have gone down in price significantly due to the emissions lawsuit, but I don't know if there's one that would meet my criteria above. Are they expensive with maintenance?

>buying a new econobox
just get a benz or infiniti or audi or a jag with a warranty.

read the sticky
also Veeky Forums hates VAG

You sound very "normie", but that's not a bad thing. Yeah, a Volks is fine but in the same range you've got Civics or Corollas or even Mazda 3's, all of which will likely be more reliable. I'd probably go with a Golf, GTI if you can swing it.

Just because Veeky Forums hates something doesn't make it bad. Usually quite the opposite, actually.

All of you autistic fucks say that but when the "post your ride" threads come around all anyone posts is Japanese shitboxes with stickers all over them. Just stop.

What about a Buick Regal? I just talked to my car enthusiast friends and one of them recommended it and they all think it's a good choice. The one who recommended it tried to push the Regal GS but I think i'll get the basic as the GS doesn't have anything to offer me (if I get it)

Well yes, i'm not a car enthusiast. I'm very basic bitch in that aspect. I just want a car that fits all of my above criteria and is still somewhat cool and unique. What do you think of the Regal suggestion above?

You could get a Accord or Camry instead of the Regal.

Toyota Prius

What do they have over the Regal?

More reliability

I think your friends were fucking with you, I don't know anyone under the age of 50 who has a Buick. I'm sure they're fine cars but if "cool" is what you're after Buicks are about 1 rung up from Lincolns.

I'm sticking with Volkswagen. Not everyone has one, it's generally respected (outside of this autistic board) and they're a little cheaper to get now that they're going through all the bad pub.

What about a Honda Civic?

Toyota corolla, or yaris

Sure, great car, super reliable, also super boring and every other person on the road has one. You can't go wrong with one though.

So what would be something that's basically a Honda Civic but a bit more cool and fun?

Scion TC

Golf GTI, Focus RS.

Nice trips.

A Mazda 3, a Volks GTI, an Audi A3 (might be out of your range), an Impreza, a Veloster. These are all hatches since you posted a pic of a hatch but do your research and see which one you like and that scores well.

How are all of these on maintenance and reliability on not having issues? I want the closest thing I can get to just driving without having to worry about car issues.

Civic SI, fuck what everyone else has said

>Civic SI
Looks nice but MUCH less gas mileage than a civic hatchback.

did you forget about his "swag factor"

Yes, he said it doesn't matter much.

If you had trouble with a Corolla, and you kept up on maintenance, you might just be horribly cursed. Of course if you bought it used you may have gotten it from a moron who thought that cars never need oil changes.

Anyway, the current-gen GTI hasn't been around long enough for people to know how reliable it is long-term, but nobody buys Volkswagen expecting reliability.

Fords tend to have build quality issues.

Just get a bloody Prius.

Love my Focus ST

Bruh, we're not going to break out pie charts and upload Excel sheets for you, you have to do your own research. At some point you have to realize no one on this board should be telling you what to buy, YOU are going to have to live with the car for the next 5 years, do you due diligence and make up your own mind.