/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Bunker down edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta (never forget)
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-5-0-4-patch-4.8974/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/47818-basic-aircraft-design-explained-simply-with-pictures/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The year is 2XXX...
Keencode has been perfected...

Report and hide

RIP /egg/pyrion

not really

does she do anything?
how do you know when she cums?

With spengies, if everything 100% worked I wouldn't care if it had shit graphics. Maybe people could finally build decent sized ships witha good framerate.

When she cums she stretches out her front legs, then goes to lick her pussy

can't even feel any pussy contractions?
your dog's lame tbqh

What if spengies
but with FTD's turrets
and empyrion's comfy
and with KEEN gassed

I do when I'm diddling her, sometimes.
But usually my fingers are on her fortune cookie and that doesn't really do too much.

And a separate team based multiplayer game mode with large arenas/maps and objectives that have to be completed using whatever creations you make to achive those objectives.

i don't quite remember, have you ever done anything else besides pussy rubbing?
like licking pussy or rubbing benis on pussy or something?

And a sandboxy mode too, which can support 400+ players on a good server, for EVE-level faction shenanigans.

I've tried both.
I think she enjoys licking more than rubbing, but I don't do it much because I think that it being all wet afterwards bothers her.
Dickrubbing doesn't really work.
Did you ever do either of those with your female cat?

i have rubbed benis on pussy before, not really any noticable difference compared to just using a fingertip, except it requires being in an awkward position, been probably a year or two since i last tried it
never tried licking tho

go lick cate

w-well, if you insist

>year 2026
>vg is shut down due to kerbal infestation

>year 2028
>the /r9k/ robot, having recently acquired self-awareness, adds a /zoo/ board and calls it a day

Gettin those algodoo tingles again after a break, figured I should pump out something decent before uni starts up again

Some user posted his attempt at a vending machine, and it's inspired me to make a new one
My old one had fixed prices and a wonky system for dispensing change. That one was built pre rod-logic so it's a lot more haphazard

random webm since I'm on my phone

Neat
Hope you make something really interesting

machinecraft baby

does the game has bendable materials?
Or you can merge different parts?

To make something like this.

Its so satisfying to see..

Empyrion just had a hotfix, and the devs teased some stuff coming in the 5.1 update

>a picture showing a sniper rifle in the middle of a reload animation

>ship flying towards an asteroid field
>unsure what new thing its showing off

empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-5-0-4-patch-4.8974/

Well I think reload animations is the top one.

So i´m just starting to get into factorio ( bought it yesterday), i automated red and green research packs and i´m trying to automate blue.

trouble is, everything is starting to turn into a mess.

I´m wondering if i should tear it all down and re build from the ground up?

At what point do you usually start restructuring?

I just kept building more and more complex with only a few revisions until I unlocked robots and got rid of most of my conveyors.

I've played so much that I usually plan for the future for my setups so restructuring is minimal.

When I was new though I just kept adding shit to it. It might not be efficient but it makes beautiful spaghetti

Works nicely, wonder how long I can temp clang with wheels + rotor ramp.

Also despite me forcing it to stop moving with blocks, it still thinks it's moving at 0.3kmh.

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

>haven't played SE much since wheels were added
>make my first wheeled vehicle on a planet today
>simple skeleton test rig
>cockpit atop a frame raised from the 4 wheels
>it keeps sliding and jerking to the sides when driving about
>stop
>it won't drive forwards anymore
>just shakes and jerks a bit
>finally gets going after turning the wheels left and right a bit
>still sliding and jerking about, feels like it's gonna clang at the drop of a hat

What the fuck, have they always been like this? Does everyone just deal with it when using wheeled vehicles? I'm playing on dev, I thought they just fixed the wheels? Is there some secret to it or what? I tried various suspension settings, didn't help.

hide some thrusters in it, if you kee that shit locked somehow it will work.

In the rotor or the rover base? Yea the rotor is controlled by timers that just reverse velocity and lock it once it finishes raising/lowering, I expect it to work fine in single player honestly.

???

Forgot to add: Is Empyrion any better? I just want to build space stuff and not have it self-destruct.

Spawning another one fixed it. Think I turned it into a station via b - 'station roation'. I thought it just aligned it to the planet, obviously not.

I'm suprised and impressed this thing works with no gyros or thrusters, it can even turn at 100kmh on reaonably flat ground.

>your file is too large (3mb) and the limit is 3mb
>could upload this early
hiro holy shit...

in the top right, both in the door and the main body is a connector, that is the one who locks the shit, and its with timers
>unlock connector and turn the warning lights
>move the ramp
>turn off the warning lights and turn on the ramp lights and lock the connector
Since its on switches it work both ways.

Pretty slick. I wanted to do something more complex like that but the whole thing ended up being smaller than expected.

here is how it is now.

The connector lock is a nice touch, though I think if it's gonna clang it's gonna clang either way.

with a connector its slighty reduced, older version used a landing gear, and that disconnected the rotors for KEEN reasons... and the older model was like this.
>had to convert the webm twice to reduce its size.
It had a "physical" lock wich was way worse, because it played with rotor limits, and it was not totally safe, back then i tried to avoid anything, landing gears, connectors and merge blocks, then connectors started to "werk" and stuck with them.

>LogicBots
>Designs should work fine
>Motors/wheels don't slow down fast enough
>Robots keep rolling past corners and hitting hazard areas
Realism is bullshit

Don't just page10 on me.

Try reversing them.

So this thing really hates stopping via brakes, what setting on the wheels do I need to up to make it stay still?

I'm trying one of the budget objectives, so basically I can afford a body, two sensors. two wheels and a couple of extras. Barely any gates.

ded

I think turning the wheels off is a better brake. Just make sure its the back wheels, otherwise it will just roll

Righto, will try it later when I can play, cheers.

empyrion has hover vessels

it's basically spengies with little engineering but very stable, mp servers can have 100+ players

stopping as in decelerating or as in using parking brakes?
Parking brake doesn't work, wheels will ALWAYS move unless you put down another wheel sideways and set it to max grip, and drop it down when you need to park.

If instead it doesn't stop fast enough chances are you aren't getting a good grip, which means you need to tune your suspensions, setting strength, dampening and offset so that no wheel is spinning without gripping.
If the vehicle is unbalanced you can't set all the wheels in the same way way obviously.

If your grip is good and it still isn't stopping fast enough, congrats you have found out why everybody regrets wasting time in big wheeled vehicles.

wheel brakes are shit, find other ways to stop it...

Heretic thrusterman pls go this is a wheels only club.
The real answer is make it lighter.

I can slow it/sort of stop by accelerating backwards. Using space (seems to lock wheels or brake) I cant completely stop, Using handbrake on ANY sort of hill ( >3% incline) it just rolls forward/back.

will do, probably just chuck an atmo in forward/back directions for stabilising

>whynotboth.gif

its steering lock override, not the block toggle

Your wheels are spinning, I'm mostly sure about that.
Space engages the "handbrake" temporarily, I think it brakes at 100% power (but still the grip you set), so it should brake faster than accelerating backwards if your wheels are tuned right. But it has the same problems of the handbrake, meaning that if you want to stop completely using spacebar, you will not because it will keep rolling if you're on anything short of a superflat surface.
To stop completely, you need to accelerate slightly backwards, that way wheels will actually try to stop you.
Then just raise your wheels and have your ship touch the ground or something, it's the most effective way to park without using the perpendicular wheel or thrusters

I actually had a rocketsled at some point in time, didn't really like it.

>I need to go fast but fast is too slow

I'll give that a go too. Can't play right now unfortunately.

They're not, they just roll like they werent braking

are those 3x3 or 5x5 wheels?

it goes pretty well...

3x3

>Just realised I forgot to post this again
3 votes highest is a bit low, CHOOSE YOUR 4CC GOALIE if you haven't already.

strawpoll.me/12034982
strawpoll.me/12034982

Are you using 100% power?
I'm trying out a similarly weight vehicle and I get what you're saying, maybe the spacebar doesn't brake at 100%.

>Unknown Worlds team implements ocean planets

>entire planets of ocean

NO THANK YOU

Subnautica is enough to thoroughly spoop me, especially in VR

>it's basically spengies with little engineering
Spengies is glorified minecraft in space.
Very little engineering.
Rotors and pistons the only real engineering blocks don't work without exploding 50% of the time.

The steering lock override doesn't make wheels explode/detach/CLANG anymore?!
Did keen actually code this?

Yet they couldn't fix the handbrake to have it working.

that wouldn't fix the m*d problems celfsentered brick.

>change handbrake toggle to safety lock toggle
>dont tell anyone
>???
>profit

*safety lock override
Messed that up.

It can't be used as brake though, only for parking. It's still something.

but the wheels don't conform to the terrain, so you can't park if it is rough.
I mean, is it fucking hard to allow a wheel to move on the suspension but fucking prevent rolling?

oh, I see what you mean now, eh, keencode

It's still an improvement on never being able to park unless on flat, but it's not something that can substitute the parking brake.

>inb4 keen changes the P button to activate the safetylock and says it's fixed

>put wheels facing forward
>play with the friction
>???
>CLANG

>place wheel while in where the actual tyre will spawn
>fly off at 1000ms when it appears

>1km/s
your too slow...

do any of you guys know a book on aircraft engineering that just has an overview of the generalities without really delving into mathematics?

more complicated than "put the centre of lift behind the centre of mass, unless it's a fighter in which case do whatever the fuck you want and get a computer to sort it out." but less complicated than [would need Veeky Forums formatting to put in the ridiculous notation required.]

i'm bored and want to pretend i'm learning

>place wheel with the lock override on
>watch the show

How hard is it to get into spengos modding, as in creating mods?

Learn

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/47818-basic-aircraft-design-explained-simply-with-pictures/

Look at most of the stuff, abandoned and broken, taken by other people to fix them, and then broken again.

post walls

Do the pirate/drones in spengies need an antenna/beacon signal to detect you? I'm setting up an alt easy start earth for some friends and want to use the flat plato but I don't want us getting constantly fired at to begin with

Drones probably home in on player positions with various AI cheats.
Why would you want an antenna/beacon in the first place?

what game is this and what its about? Looks pretty cool

Seems so, one just coasted over to me regardless of no signals being output (inc player broadcasting).

Because my freinds are idiots and new to the game and will very easily get lost/forget GPS is a thing. They look cool too.

I'm just murdering it's drone production facilities and leaving it as a scrap challenge with a turret.

>there's no projector, it's just magically spawning in drones near it or something

for fucks sake, guess we're having stationary turrets as a start point...

Relating to this, is there any way to directly give myself a bunch of missles/ammo for turrets? I want to just stuff these full so I can have them be independent little units.

Nevermind, found the spawn menu,

pls respond

That's factorio by the looks.

lurk moar
OR
go look at the list of games in the OP

>trying to fit in
Fuck off.

He's not. We don't get newfags. Everyone here is expected to already know the games.

Everybody knows that we don't get your stereotypical newfags here.
Because as Junior Engineers they have more brains than to just post "lol wat gaem is this".