/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking GeneraI

Coldboot Brazillian3DS CFW Edition
Last thread: → # → →
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-fasthax released
-Freeshop github was DMCA'd install by Using freeshop.pw → # → → → → →
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below. soundhax.com/
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/44757

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!uRwHWKSQ!zCZ_USNkuRp5uulp2z-NRc0mbzxOY6BJ-zqWiNX4E8o
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/276149-mega-taiko-tatsujin-dokodon-mystery-adventure-dlc-builder-15.html
github.com/ericjwg/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases
wololo.net/2017/01/09/ark-3-60-released-also-works-3-613/
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for 3ds > vita :^)

>→ # → → → → →
This meme again

If anyone's interested in the Net High dump, here's a mega link: mega.nz/#!uRwHWKSQ!zCZ_USNkuRp5uulp2z-NRc0mbzxOY6BJ-zqWiNX4E8o

The textures may not work at first so from maidump's menu, in the Switch game loading option, select the original eboot option.

Ive been under a rock for a few months, is 11.2 a9lh-able now?

yes

sweet, ty

Can someone please help me out? I went full retard and deleted my NAND backup while on 2.1.0 so I can't restore back to 11.2. I get that I'll lose all my installed games and saves, but how do I get back to 11.2 after completing all the steps needed on 2.1.0? I'm on an old 3ds

Question about the taiko no tatsujin DLC stuff
I'm running the DLC builder but it has some newer DLC that I guess hasnt been updated yet
Do these songs that come out have individual cias i can grab somewhere?
or do I have to wait for the dlc builder to be updated and remake the whole thing again?

murder

How do I search for nip games on the freeshop. I just want taiko and I see only one when I filter by music and japan.

Can anyone give me slap and tell me how stupid I am? i downloaded and installed FE fates special edition (EU version) and the DLC (EU version too), but it won't recognize the dlc, am I missing something obvious?

How would I convert the files I get from Nusgrabber into the format to load through loadiine or am I missing something here?

Which newer DLC? The main DLC builder is missing song packs 11 and 12 from that 3dsiso thread if thats what you are talking about. Extract the contents of those packs zips to the "www" folder of the DLC builder to add them to the list.

The second and third taikos are not on the freeshop yet. You can find english menu patched cias on 3dsiso.

On WiiU, how can I play pirated DLCs on a preinstalled Mario Kart 8? I'm trying launching Mocha to having sig-patches on SysNand + AocPatcher, but it doesn't work.

Check the DLC and the game are installed on the same location, if one's on system memory and the other is on a USB drive it will not work.

>that comic
Holy shit is that legit

I appreciate the jokes but I really do need help. I just need to get back to 11.2 after installing luma and a9lh, there's no other way to do that o3ds other than a NAND restore?

sorry which 3dsiso thread?
I just noticed the DLC builder was missing EXCITE, which i know is out because I have the normal DLC installed

Of course not.

The DLC builder thread. Look at the last page:
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/276149-mega-taiko-tatsujin-dokodon-mystery-adventure-dlc-builder-15.html

EXCITE is in song pack 11.

Did you update the game?

The game is in the internal storage, it came preinstalled with the WiiU. The DLC is on the SD card, I downloaded it with uTikDownloadHelper, so it's fakesigned.
I thought AocPatcher is for using SD DLCs on installed titles?

>the comic
of course it's real

anyone tried better amphetamine on henkaku r7?

holy shit she's actually a top-tier qt

well im just retarded
thanks man

It has updates?, when I launched the game I could play normally until the route split, which is when I noticed it wasn't reading the other routes,

you need to install the DLC to the internal storage using WUP installer

You could try, you know, updating normally

also I'm on an USA 3ds, so I the eshop options ingame are empty, even if I can run the game with no issues

I have no idea, Im just guessing since for games like smash, you'd need to update the game first before downloading the Dlc for it to work assuming youd launch the game with Dlc only

Already launched soundhax on a number of n3ds systems. Occasionally encountering an error where I have the proper otherapp.bin and soundhax mp4 file, as well as starter.zip unzipped on root, but soundhax constantly errors when trying to launch. Regions on everything are right. Not too sure what the issue is.

I thought updating normally from 2.1.0 caused bricks?

How I can do that?

*m4a file
excuse.

>updating normally

Unless he's on an o3DS or a 2DS, that's asking for a brick, since n3DS never shipped with anything under 9.2.

Still, doing that shit is dangerous

After doing the 9.2 transfer I can no longer connect to the internet to update. It's giving me an Error 301-2001, even after resetting my router and internet setting several times.
Checked the troubleshooting section of the guide and found nothing. What should I do?

Any of you Taiko players have some NAMCO original song recommendations from the DLC maker?
I've some space left, and I haven't even touched that section

Wonder if that fucker ever updated browserhax in the guide.
Since, y'know, these new hacks are such a fucking disgrace and all.

>Unless he's on an o3DS
He said he's on o3DS.

if you're on a US 3DS I think you have to install the US version of the game and DLC

I'm not too hardcore on Taiko so the Namco original songs don't really interest me and they are usually too hard for me
I just like my animu, vidya, and vocaloid songs, and filled the remaining slots with whatever sounded decent.

thats what im doing but i got 15 left to fill so i guess ill just kinda thumb through the namco originals

Havent touched my vita in a bit and now theres TaiHen, should i be using that to activate my already hacked vita to play shit instead of normal hen?

both are the same now

if you went to the site it would be taihen

That's the point, do I have to change the region of the 3ds?, I'll sound like an autistic idiot, but I'm doing it for another autistic friend who doesn't speak english (and refuses to play in plain english), but his 3ds is USA, again the game detects his language just fine, but it won't detect the dlc, so I'm in a bit of a pickle

You might want to reconsider your choice of friends first of all.

alright.
was another offline updater ever made? cause i have the old one and it works fine once it works after a few tries

Yes, the new one now works inmediately after going to the email app.

You have to use LumaLocaleSwitcher to force the region and language of the game. So if you are on US 3ds and playing an EU game you have to force EU region for it to detect the dlc.
Update luma to latest hourly and grab the newest build of LLS:
github.com/ericjwg/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases

Also meant to say, you just have to change the language/region for the specific game, not the whole system.

new question for taiko dlc builder
Is there any way for it to save my preferences or am i just going to have to rebuild it from scratch everytime I get a new song pack?

Honestly yeah, he's stubborn and picky as fuck with the games he plays because of the language barrier but he's the only guy I know that actually likes vidya as Im mostly in a lab with normies

Will try, do I just install the cia and run it?

Go to settings
Update

Yeah, install the cia, select the game in it, and change its settings.

Whoops, I misquoted.

Just succeeded in going A9HL. Feels good man, feels good.

How can I do that? I saw I can load DLCs from SD with AocPatcher.

ARK 2 is out for VHBL 3.60/1/3

This means anybody on newer firmware can play PSP games and maybe PS1 games one day.

wololo.net/2017/01/09/ark-3-60-released-also-works-3-613/

You still need a psp game bubble dont you?

>637 KB/s
I fucking hate FTP

Open up Homebrew Launcher and select WUP installer. Install the DLC to wherever the game is being stored (in your case, the internal storage)

but it is said here that you can play ps1 but with no audio sadly

why are people so retarded and can't follow a guide that literally fucking spoonfeeds them.

I have successful changed from the old rxTools into a9lh + luma. However, I still get this error when I use either StreetPass Mii Plaza or Nintendo eShop.

>Error Code: 022-2634

Now an OLD fix was to go into the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and copy the emuNAND folder to your PC, system format my emuNAND, log back into my old NNID, open eShop, then put your folder back and restore your old emuNAND.bin.

How would I do it with my new a9lh?

trying to perform a system update on 9.2 after installing a9lh and luma and the update keeps stopping and then giving me an error. I set my DNS to auto-obtain like the guide said to and it still happens. Help?

Did you try the 9.2.0 ctrtransfer?

I did, that's how I got to 9.2.0, now I'm trying to update from there like the guide told me but it's not working. I'm trying again for the third time and the bar is actually moving which is new, so I'll see if it works this time.

Hello, /hbg/ . I've run into the dreaded arm11.bin loading freeze while attempting to dump my OTP on a US O3DS ( the part that involves going to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin ).

I followed the guide and all of the files seem to check out right, and did this just fine with two prior 3DSes. I already verified that card is FAT32 formatted, and improper card formatting was the cause of the only other time that I've seen this issue before.

Any ideas of what's going on here? Pic related is what my root looks like, will include pics of a9lh and files9 folders shortly.

How do I uninstall games using FBI? Do I just go into titles and find them and delete title and ticket or just delete title?

Fucking finally, now I don't have to use this Adrenaline garbage

a9lh folder

So it froze toward the middle and error'd out again. Any idea what I should do? It seems to get a little further each time, would it be stupid to just keep trying?

Probably just your internet or connection

Should test it in the System Settings before trying again.

And files9 folder

But I don't have Wups, I downloaded the DLCs with uTikDownloadHelper.

lot of people been having the freeze problem it's not just you it's been asked a lot over in the 3dshacks thread

I changed the region and language but its not affecting the game at all, tried changing the language to another supported language (english) but won't change it anyway, I made sure to enable the locale emulation on Luma's menu

Have a couple questions now that I'm finished
>So games and apps are being downloaded straight to Sysnand now?
>If such is true, battery will drain less now?
>I can play online as easily as I was before CFW?

yes

How is the gba eumlator in HBL of N3DS? I found it a bit wonky. Is it me or should I just inject gba games as .cias?

Also how do I convert gba games into cia?

Did you use luma updater to update to latest hourly? That version of locale switcher might not work with last stable luma.

no need for an emulator when you can play it native with cias, use ultimate gba injector if you wanna make your own a bunch already exist though

Nice, thanks.

What are "tickets" for 3DS?

That did the trick user, im getting all the DLC read now, thanks a LOT

Anyone know of a dump for Sengoku Otome: Legend Battle or any Miracle Girls Festival DLC?

I'm on a9lh + luma but I can't remember how to get into Decrypt9 to fix something. Do I have to use fasthax and safehax again?

stores encrypted titlekey

Which means? The game? DLC? Saves?

Should I delete them with FBI if I'm don't want a game?

titlekey of a game dlc demo or update there are no saves on the eshop

Is Mario party star rush any good?

Is there anything I need to look for when buying a ps2 (two) ?
Like certain models not being able to play backups?

nope, probably better than the last two but that's not saying much

How the FUCK do I launch Decrypt9 after I finish with this a9lh. I tried using HBL and it just gives me a red screen and goes back to the HBL

It's only the very final PS2 units manufactured in 3rd quarter 2008 that don't support FreeMCBoot

Encountering one is even less likely than finding a Dreamcast without MIL-CD

You're supposed to load it as a Luma payload dumb-dumb

Are the procedures to hack a new 3DS the same as months ago?
Browserhax, downgrade to some very old version, install a9lh,
Anyone know the default SD card that comes with the console large enough? I remember it being too small but maybe it was back when we were using different nands.

Run the .bin as a luma payload, like hourglass9.

we use soundhax instead of browserhax now