Made in the same year

>made in the same year

And yet the american land yacht is far more comfier and reliable.

One was made for literal decades because it was that good, the other one gets replaced every 5 years.

old people dont care about styling and just if the seats dont make their arthritis act up or some shit

I guess the Lada Riva is the best car ever made then

And what year is that, OP? Because the last generation Town Car started production in 2003 and ran for almost a decade without changes.

>implying it isn't

No they weren't.

GERMAN JUNK

RETARDED LUG NUTS

STAY BTFO

>you will never own a low mileage 2011 town car.

Are you seriously suggesting that those two cars are in any way in competition with each other?

The Bimmer is a purpose built luxury sports sedan designed and built for people who know and appreciate cars.

The other is a beach whale of a car designed for 65 year old ladies from Nebraska, or low rent limo drivers.

You might as well compare a Yugo and a Ferrari.

BMW
>buttons and gauges everywhere
>center console with a bunch of shit you don't care about
>no cupholders
>radio is retarded
>GPS so you don't get lost like a little faggot
>shifter is shaped like a dildo, has a semi-automatic + and - mode so you can pretend it's a sports car
>angles everywhere
>huge bulge over gauges
>everyone will automatically assume you're a douchebag while driving it

Lincoln
>steering wheel has its spokes at the bottom, where they should be, so you can grab it at 10 and 2, 9 and 3, or wherever the fuck you want
>HVAC: where do you want it, how hot do you want it, how much do you want it
>oh shit it even has a tape deck to listen to your favorite Barry Manilow casettes
>no center console, go ahead and stretch sideways and get your dick sucked
>column shift makes no qualms about being a luxury land-barge, you don't even get a fifth gear
>tachometers are for people who worry about fixing their own car
>will do burnouts and not cut power/void warranty/break into a hundred pieces

American """luxury""" cars

I think you're conflating your personal views about BMW with the mindset of all their consumers. I'm sure an equal amount BMW buyers don't really give a shit beyond "It's a bmw, it has x cylinders, it's fast and comfortable and I like it".

2006-2011 Town Cars did had a tach. OP used a interior photo of a 2003-2005 model. The also changed the steering wheel in 2006.

HERE'S the interior of a 2011 Lincoln Town Car

That's just gross. Take me back to 2005, please.

At least it's not a lemon!

One on the left is way more cozy looking though.

agreed. The one on the left screams of Italian grandmother who greets you at the door with cookies, then ushers you into the kitchen because "You're too thin! You'll never get a girl without some meat on your bones"

The one on the right just screams of the control freak boss with a secret leather fetish and hides of cat-o-nine-tails in their desk

>you will never have an italian grandmother ply you with endless amounts of food
feelsbadman.jpg

Well one is made for assholes with superiority complexes and the other is made for geriatric boomers and livery drivers from the east

It isn't.
The Hindustan Ambassador is the best car there is, objectively and subjectively.

AGH GLORIA WE'RE NOT GUNNA MAKE IT TO BOCA FOR THE PARTY. THE DANG LINCOLN IS MAKING MY SCIATICA ACT UP. CALL THE KIDS THEY NEED TO PICK US UP IN THA NEW FANGELED HUNDER ACCORNED

>THX

Ah the early-to-mid 00's an era long gone.

I guess American vans were made for decades because they're good too, and the European van takeover is because of hostility and not because of technological superiority?

As said the last time. The Lincoln interior is from an older year.

>BMW fags this desperate

>Discontinue a model
>Import a replacement from third world countries
>Wow customers are buying the import more!

>build the same ratty old, uneconomical, low roof van for decades because you're cheap and lazy
>forget to think up a replacement
>European divisions rush to the rescue with superior engineering with engines getting better economy at the same torque and far more body configurations
The only reason Chevy haven't replaced the god awful Express yet is because they don't know what to replace it with.

>Lincoln's steering wheel controls are low on the wheel
>Can have arms resting on lap or comfy armrests
>Can fiddle with controls without moving arms

>Have to move hands up on BMW's wheel
>Can't leave hands in one position if you want to fiddle with cruise control

Germans, man.

weren't they discontinued in 2008? I read something about FCV only was for fleet sale after 2008 and only the MGM was for retail until 2011.

>this is a 2016 BMW

You got it backwards m8. The MGM was discontinued in 2009 when Ford shut the entire Mercury division down. The Town Car and Crown Victoria soldiered on until 2011

Nah man my MGM is a MY11.

At least the 5 Series has a manual option.

Being so shit that you can't compete with Pooropean shitboxes and end up replaced by them.

LOVING EVERY LAUGH. You fucking burgers are going to LOVE working on these things. Can't wait for Yank mechanic suicides to spike.

they turned the market into an oligopoly

>chicken tax aka import tariffs on commercial vehicles becomes a law
>manufacturers don't have to worry about competition from other countries anymore
>scale down R&D and build the same van for decades because customers don't have alternatives to buying your product

eventually something had to happen, that's why Ford and Fiat have introduced modern vans from europe to the US

It's hard to tell if tump is just rambling or actually planning to create something similar to the chicken tax for regular cars, but if he should do it prepare to drive nothing but the current gen Chevy cruze for the next 20-30 years
(Don't think that's gonna happen though since many foreign companys already have plants in the US. We'll see)

Isn't the toyota camry the most american made car?

what exactly is wrong with it?
I only see a nice driver oriented console, good recaro seats, decent materials etc.

don't know, but there are more cars with foreign badges made in the US than most people know. So even if the tariff comes it wouldn't create a market dominated by a small number of sellers immediately (or at all)

Pretty sure immigrants from ex soviet countries are happy to hear that

It baffles me that some of you autistics think that comparing a Town Car to a BMW 7 series is sensible.

Town cars were reasonably priced big soft floatmobiles for old people. Not expensive, flashy high performance autobahn machines for business executives. Do you autisms also compare a king size bed to a hammock and an oil tanker to a cruise ship?

that's not even a 7 or 6 series, just a 5 series

literally the same price

I dig the tape deck.

the fuck were Lincoln thinking

captive market

>made in the same year
>the BMWs are all scrap metal

>mid-size 6cyl vs full-size V8
>same price

Kek. Also that interior debuted in 1998.

The Lincoln is a much better looking car, while the 3 looks more modern.

I used to love the three, but the last gen or two have gotten so fat and frumpy.

That's a 5, not a 3

The 5 has gone to shit too.

Everyone chill and have a zozzle

Why fix what ain't broke?
Although, I doubt that's a modern Lincoln interior because why would a 2011 Lincoln have cassette tape player?

>putting american garbage in same picture with ultimate driving machine

OP's pictures aren't from the same year models.
Speaking about tape decks, the analog sound becomes more and more appreciated these days. Vinyl albums outsells digital downloads right now. That isn't the reason why these cars from early 2000's still had tape decks but if we are talking about usefulness, I'd like to have a tape deck in my car.

see:

Clearly it's broken if only Americans are buying it.

Americans weren't buying them though. 80-90% of all sales of Panther cars went to fleets. They were killed off because the tools at the factory were constantly breaking down, and the cost of a total redesign needed to meet 2012 safety requirements would've bankrupted Ford.

In all honesty, they should've just brought over the Falcon, but replaced the Barra with the 3.7L V6 and the 3.5L ecoboost.

A full-size V8 that has more torque and is made to run on standard 87-octane instead of needing hi-test to break your wallet, too.