Watch initial d

>watch initial d
>sudden urge to buy ae86
>no prior auto knowledge
>first time posting here
>can only drive automatic
>am broke

Is this worth pursuing in the future or is it a lost cause at this point?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Bt5_queVFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let me save you a lot of heartache and money and cut to the chase.

You're a fucking idiot. Stay the fuck away from a 30 year old meme car you cannot drive, fix, or afford.

Thank you for the honesty!

>am broke
Why are you even asking?

There's literally no reason for you to drive, much less own one.
If you want to into cars, get a broken manual shitbox off craigslist and learn by fixing it up.

They are very overrated and not worth the asking price. Gain some skill in a shitbox then buy something actually worth the money you will pay

if you still want to buy an AE86 by the end of initial D then you have bigger issues than not being able to drive a stick

Drift tax, don't get one.

Fucking thing blows its engine twice within one anime.

Shit, just from watching Initial D alone, you'd come off with the impression that rotaries are more reliable.

You wanna know how that car could keep-up with modern cars, besides "muh unbeatable protagonist?"

It had a fucking $20,000 racing engine under the good. Pic related.

>sudden urge
Sure it wasn't nurtured by anime, bud?

Only from midway through second stage onward.

But pretty much, yeah.

>Bunta pretended to be broke and be stingy as fuck just so he could afford things like this for his only son
Wish I had a father like him.

Not to mention that Subaru GC8.

No i have become dagumi.

its possible in a auto but its not as fun especially with LONG gears and tall final drive

gonna run 3.7 final and a aftermarket diff with my t56 swap soon hopefully with a ls1 should be orgasmic

Go watch Knight Rider, shitty turd gens are cheaper than tofu wagons

It would be an excellent car to learn manual in if you could get a decent one for $4k or less which is unlikely.

>talking in stages

Opinion discarded.

If it helps I read the manga, too, but that was 10 years ago and I don't remember dick.

Don't listen to these haterz oppie san, rage your dream!

>Utilizing dual overhead cam and four valves per cylinder, it produces a whopping 240 hp and yet displaces only 1.6 liters.

Who the fuck wrote that? The appeal of the TRD engine was that it had 5 valves per cylinder instead of 4, and the regular 4A-GE sure as hell doesn't make 240 hp.

but that's just not true. the Formula Atlantic engine has 4 valves per cylinder. the 20v engines never had a race spec version. Also, the 4AGE is a very capable engine, especially the supercharged versions, or with a turbo.

rotaries are reliable though, they just have a very short lifespan compared to piston engines

Ok so what kind of shitbox should i buy if i like the trueno aesthetics?

specially the popping lights.

Oh, my apologies, user, I thought you meant "stages of tuning", like some faggots talk sometimes specially in regards to VAG products.

Yeah, you're right. It must be said though that opponents for Dagumeeh Tofuboy became incredibly strong after 2nd stage so it stands to reason he needed the more powerful engine.

AW11

It's a 30 year old Corolla shitbox, terrible fucking idea

Just shut the fuck up and get a Civic

Any coupe from the 80s

>Second engine blowout is due to Takumi over revving and blowing it up
>Engine is a suped up rally engine anyways so it's irrelevant

>rotaries are reliable though
>Needs parts replaced every few thousand miles

(Fixable)

>want 86 before watching initial d
>watch initial d
>want evo now

One of the most retarded pieces of writing I've ever seen.

Miata.

Not a hatch but its got the pop ups.

(Needs minor bodywork)
Runs great!

YOU ARE EVERYTHING WRONG WTIH Veeky Forums AND THE INITIAL D FANBADSE

>wanting an overpriced shitbox because of a cartoon

manchildren everyone

actually, is there a car with higher meme tax than AE86 (relative to the actual value of the car)?

probably deloreans, right? anything else?

smokey and the bandit firebird?

As for OP, I own an AE86 but I didn't even know what Initial D was before I knew of the car. You need to do research on the car, recognize the problems that a 30 year old car will have, learn to use a wrench, make sure you're financially stable enough to own one. These are expensive cars now. Parts are scarce and pricey, at least OEM. Keep in mind that these cars are 30 years old, Japanese (rot boxes) and have a massive following. All three of those factors decrease supply, and with the large following, demand is increased.

You WILL be fixing things, these are old cars now. They're less likely to break down than most other cars from 30 years ago, but you WILL be fixing things. But these cars are so simple, an absolute moron could learn on them with a basic understanding of how a car works. Also, you do NOT want to drive it during the winter if you don't want it to fall to pieces because of rust.

Doesn't matter what anyone on Veeky Forums says, the AE86 is a fantastic car, but DO NOT go into buying one uninformed. DO NOT go into buying one only because you like Initial D. DO NOT buy one if you want an inexpensive car. ONLY go into buying one if you're aware of the risks a 30 year old econo-sports car WILL have, are willing to learn to do your own repairs, and have disposable income.

In my opinion, OP, don't get one unless you improve on
>no prior auto knowledge
>am broke

how does it feel knowing that the thoughts you have in your head have been thought, acted upon, and executed thousands of times already

that you are a clone of those that came before you
that everything you think and do has been done and you cannot escape living a life that has been lived already?

>What is reading comprehension

It is reliable in that it does not expectedly fail, rather you know the apex seals are coming out every 80k miles or so

>own civic before watching initial d
>continue gamu tapu def matchup as I slide into guardrail

Dude, there are better, more reasonably priced cars from Initial D you can purchase.

>old ricenigger cars

The problem is we always get tricked into talking about this car, every single time. Know your enemy.

Buy a KE70, put a 4A GE in it.

This desu. The 2.5rs is probably the most underrated, rarest shitbox you can buy for the price

jap cars are the most aesthetic

For an inexperienced driver, getting an AW11 will most likely kill the driver

Also OP
Do not get an AE86 if you don't know how to work on/repair one (because it will have problems that need to be fixed) and don't get one if you can't drive manual. Do not get one if you are broke either because those things costs a lot due to the fanboy-tax.

300zx/z31, subaru vortex or a third gen celica

They're super overpriced and you haven't been delivering tofu over a mountain pass at 4 in the morning with a cup of water daddy told you not to spill since you were 12 so you're just going to wreck the thing due to your lack of fundamentals and propensity to hoon.

Learn about cars first and learn to drive a manual, I recommend buying a Miata. Then save up your money and learn about other cars that you'd probably like a lot more than the 86. Best of luck OP!

This.

And this sums it up very nicely indeed.

t. AE86 owner

You are the worst kind of person

Just get a BRZ or it's twin.

Nice zenki bumper, friendo.

Watch the Dukes of hazzard, buy a 3rd gen charger, paint it orange and do some sick jumps

Tbqh I'll probably buy a Civic sooner or later yet I'll still be as obnoxious D fan as Torenofags.

i found a fifth gen celica 185000 km for $6000 is that any good? looks good on the pics.

Are you literally me?

It's a meme car. It's expensive as fuck and 99% of them are broken as fuck and are a moneypit. If you want to drive some sporty lightweight car that is fun just buy a Miata or something.

I want a manual 80s/90s ricer shitbox after watching Initial D but I want it to be affordable

I dig Civic Si's and Integras but they're always in such awful condition when people go to sell them

>urge to buy ae86
It will go away, just like the urge to buy a supra after watching the fast and the furious, or a skyline after the 2nd movie. The AE86 isn't as good or special as Initial D is making it look, as everyone already said, it's a 30 year old rustbucket shitbox.

Although it only shares the "86" in the name, you might want to look at the new 86, there's a good chance it's what you think a AE86 would be. If you're just after the 80s shitbox looks, get another generic 80s shitbox that doesn't have a huge fanbase of autistic nerds.

Good taste

>tfw want a levin
>US only has trueno front ends
>levin conversions up the rice tax even harder (though not as much as hatchbacks)
fug

when does the second blow happen?

Final race against his long lost twin I think... Engine goes bang and he has to roll over the line or something.

shit im actually on part four of final right now

sorry for spoiler user, i really am

youtube.com/watch?v=_Bt5_queVFo

>yfw it gets to 35 seconds and actually sounds acceptable

It's literally the very end of the series.

Honestly stage 5 and final stage are skippable in the minds of most people, I still liked them.

Stage 5 had some cool moments.

buy an mr2
cheaper and better

Honestly, you've probably never owned driven or seen an ae86 in real life.

>Stay the fuck away from a 30 year old meme car you cannot drive, fix,
But its probably the best option to learn those things.. If he can afford the parts that is they arent exactly cheap.

>If you're just after the 80s shitbox looks, get another generic 80s shitbox that doesn't have a huge fanbase of autistic nerds.

care to name any? this thread's had some good examples already

Audi 80 or 90

actually turned out good cus i thought he might actually lose a race

First post best fucking post

Can confirm, friend just imported a 22b for only 8k.

Go learn to drive manual, learn how to fix shit, save up for your meme RWD Corolla. It'll take time.

Frustrated poorfags at it again.

weeaboo

My brother in law has a broken 240sx he'd sell for $700, is this a good starter ricebox to fix/learn?

>initial d
Do the photons that are created by nuclear fission in our local star that travel through the vacuum of space, through the atmosphere of Earth and then reflect off of my motor vehicle, into your pupil, through your vicious humor and eventually into your retina which contain photo-receptive cones that when stimulated create an electrolyte reaction between sodium chloride and potassium in your nervous cells that generate electrons that activate protein pumps that send a signal to your occipital lobe activate a dopamine response?

944!

just get an 80's celica ffs.

There's basically no point in owning one if you don't have the money, time and know how for a silver top swap.