Has the French unreliability thing become a just a meme?

Has the French unreliability thing become a just a meme?

French carmakers seem to have really stepped up their game as of late.

>most cars still drive like a boat
>steering feels numb
>build quality is still shit
>pannels made out of plastic
>most interiors are shit

>2015 Renault Trafic
>1.6l turbo diesel, massively underpowered
>handbrake cable broke @ 17000km
>turning circle reminiscent of a small bus
>fixed, nonadjustable passenger seat
>cup holders that don't fit a standard coke bottle in them, and are located DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH THE WINDSCREEN so your drink gets hot in minutes

tell me again how good french cars are?

>cup holders that don't fit a standard coke bottle in them, and are located DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH THE WINDSCREEN so your drink gets hot in minutes

kek that's why we're not obese unlike 35% of the USA

>Renault Symbol 2008
>1.5 diesel engine, can barely move the car
>steering feels numb, very vague
>pedals and gearbox as sharp as the steering
>suspension so soft it could collapse on itself
>interior made of cheap plastic and cloth
>cramped
>bumpers and some pannels made of plastic so cheap it bends when you give it a light push
>panels that are not made of plastic develop rust after 3 years
>in the 4th year most window seals go bad and the wind noise became unbearable
>in the 4th year injectors shit the bed

My aunt got rid of it, bought herself a new Astra in 2012. She now wants to sell the POS Opel to buy a new Renault.
She is not a smart woman.

who says i'm in the US? i only used coke bottle because its a well known size of drink container. it also doesn't fit sports drinks

>confirmed for never driving anything french the past 5 years

Toujours la même réplique. Ça n'excuse pas la fabrication de merde que vous faites de vos véhicules.

Current Peugeot 208/308 are pretty good cars.

My father has a 308sw GT line adn the interiors are amazing, no rattles, high quality metallic finishes.

The metal snifter knob is great and the gearbox feels very very good, very "clicky" and mechanical.

The steering wheel is really small which makes the car feel like a go-kart.

It doesn't exactly move that well since he got the 1.6 diesel (eurocucking yes I know) and has the retarded faux double exhausts but then again so does fucking Mercedes.

I also dislike the touchscreen nav/infotainment but then again I dislike it in every car.

Also retarded electronic parking brake I mean WHY

>not sold in the US
Irrelevant.

Hans pls go

>French carmakers seem to have really stepped up their game

No, everyone else fucked it up so the French seem okay in comparison.

Renault F4 and PSA TU5 are the only engines that don't fall apart after 150k km.

please redpill me on citroen, and especially the new c3

Im looking for something new (2015+) and you seem to get alot of car for just 15k euros, brandnew from the dealership

>2008
>2012
>2017
Seems to me like your aunt abuses her cars if they're shitting out every 4-5 years

When I was a kid my Dad drove a Peugeot 504 for hundreds of thousands of kilometres. Then another. Then a 505.

They were all reliable as fuck. Now he drives a Citroen Berlingo because he and his old mates have a band and he carries shit to gigs in it. He's had no real problems with the Berlingo in the 7 or 8 years he's been driving it.

>pre facelift 307cc
>catalythic concerter clogged after 200.000km
>driver side door handle sensor fucked

Still in good shape over all and still driving as fast as on the first day.

>cathalytic concerter

Go to a dealership an forget the outer design of the car for a while.
SEAT in the car, try imagine how you would feel in it for 200 - 300 km...
Shit plastic everywhere, bad button misplaced, wrong jointing everywhere. Most of the PSA are uncredebely bad finished.
It is a real shame as a french guy to say this really. Go Look the german side, try to seat in a volvo, skoda or vw in same price target, you will see clearly the difference.

Bref, les voitures françaises ca pue.

*catalythic converter

>driving 1st gen C3
>has been in the family for 13 years
>never suffered any major failure, only things you would expect to come with age, plus bumps and bruises from driving in the city
I don't understand this meme.
I'm seriously starting to believe we send sub-par version of our vehicles to foreign markets.