/vn/ - Kamige edition

Visual Novel General #1304

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:

This general is exclusively for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.
Keep E-celeb shit out.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12068077
gematsu.com/2017/01/esrb-rates-utawarerumono-mask-deception
curiouscat.me/ReadingSteiner/post/73157726?t=1483955253
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kusoge edition*

wew lad

>Kamige edition

all i see is memege.

No such thing as a kamige, everything this medium has to offer is literal garbage.

t. EOP

buttmad DI backer

This Kickstarter has been one wild ride.

Hi there fat weeaboo

>backing anything in this literal trash medium
>Ever
LOL

Go fuck yourself. Why are you even in this general if you don't give a shit about the medium? Go shitpost in some other general.

Because I enjoy """playing""" these """games""" unfortunately. They are utter fucking garbage but I still get some enjoyment so I guess that makes me a shit eater.

Please back Dies Irae, this isn't even a joke anymore, are we literally going to blow the one chance we have at actually getting our hands on a decent VN?

Suck my cock, EOP. Hope every backer gets cancer.

>Giving money to obvious scams
Rethink your life.

G-guys what if DI kicstarter successes?
I'm literally shaking right now

You're still doing the fake fan war thing?

he admitted he accounted for ~20% of a posts in a given thread

I don't care about the fanwar, this whole thing is just kind of funny to me. Thread after thread people have been complaining about Dies irae being this sort of kamige out of reach, and then when we finally have the chance to get it for ourselves, people just start shitposting about it. I guess Conjueror was right in the end, people don't want Dies irae at all, they just want the memes and shitposting about it while jerking off to Princess Evangile or something.

What's wrong with shitposting in shitposting general?

Princess Evangile is objectively better than Memes Irae, which is basically fanfiction.net tier edgelord drivel.

Considering how the Dies Irae Kickstarter campaign slashed the Vita version stretch goal by a whopping 50,000 dollars, it makes the whole campaign seem like an effort to squeeze as much money from fans as possible. Even the Vita version got slashed from a forced buy of the game and soundtrack, both in digital and physical form.

I imagine they thought that 160,000 would be reached within a week and they'd just be able to sell additional stuff afterwards. If you could edit Kickstarter campaign goals, they would've slashed it to 100,000 or 120,000 ages ago.

>PE better than anything

Stop shitposting. Your post contains absolutely zero substance. Back up your claims with evidence and post again.

>all those overrated memeges

;_;

Eustia when?

Im glad all the shitposting is on other thread.

Why does he think e-celebs would care if Dies irae doesn't get funded? They don't have anything to lose, they've already read Dies irae ages ago.

Because conju-poo would be forced to translate moege he hates so much.

>that's just one guy
Don't tell me there's /vn/ Internet Defense Force.

Hello? Is this the moege general?

No he wouldn't, the askfm answer was implying that he would quit translating altogether. He probably wouldn't enjoy translating shitty moege with elementary school language.

It's already a miracle that there are translators like Conjueror who actually bother localizing actual good works for the ungrateful virgins in this community.

This is shitposting general.

Hello Conjueror

I fuck for God. Who do you fuck for, Exile?

I fucking hate this industry.

>subahibi and steins gate beaten by a moege.

does anybody really care

That Getchu?

yup
welcome

Why do people care so much about the Dies irae Kickstarter when they can get relaunch it with better rewards? Isn't that the smart thing to do?

People are afraid to play hardball like that because they think that they won't relaunch it.

Well you're talking to people who willingly put their money on a crowdfunding project. They're not usually smart people.

>Isn't that the smart thing to do?
Yes, but the people backing it are simply retarded.

>he would quit translating altogether.
All the more reasin to boycott DI kickstarted.
He already fucked up Himawari, we cant let him do this to other games!

hush everyone, the smart ones are here
please keep enlightening us

They are stupid. I don't see any valid reason for them to think this at all. They have already begun the translation and the West has definitely shown a strong interest in the VN with how much money it has raised already and the anime would just further increase that interest + the amount of money raised.

Have you backed Dies?
Answer seriously.
strawpoll.me/12068077

I answered seriously, but I doubt most people will.

>backing

No Vita, no buy.

I like lolis.

No, why I would do that? Are you crazy?

guys

I really want meikyuu ;_;

Good lord she is adorable.

>Backing Kikestarter
KEK, we might be stupid but not even we reach that level of retardation, leave that to leddit.

gematsu.com/2017/01/esrb-rates-utawarerumono-mask-deception
Now If only they confirmed the PS4 version then I would be happy.

I seriously doubt they would only bring over the vita version.

Kek someone should posts the result to fuwanovel

No Rusalka route, no buy!

Me too.

>yes - 1
>no- 13
sasuga /vn/

What better rewards? Vita port? Fuck that, it's going to be censored anyway.

This is a VN, not some cRPG getting made. The number of interesting rewards are, by the own nature of the project, limited.

The only thing that matters is the translation getting funded and the fact that it has an uncensored patch. Anything else is irrelevant.

The uncensored patch makes the game 4:3 while the all-ages is 16:9.

18+ always gets cucked.

See

Better 4:3 then nothing. It's not like 16:9 would be a stretch goal anyway.

I think you lot find excuses to not back because you don't want to admit you're simply not that interested in VNs or (and this is most likely) you just don't have the money.

So why are you posting worst loli?

I have money.
I just don't have a credit card.

I'm just not a fan of chuuni stuff personally.

curiouscat.me/ReadingSteiner/post/73157726?t=1483955253

he's just a translator and can't say yes or no on their behalf

do you seriously think they would just shut everything down after reaching 90 something percent of the goal and failing

I'm not cuck

I love them all.

>I think you lot find excuses to not back because you don't want to admit you're simply not that interested in VNs
>You're not a TRUE VN fan unless you back Dies Irae
Oh, fuck off.

nah buddy the most important is having a good kickstarter campaign and a show of PR skills

Surely there's no way it fails now, anyway? They're like 12k off with three days to go, and the last day rush alone surely pretty much covers that.

Why didn't they offer 2D immortalization like Libra did? That would have nabbed a hefty sum.

Why the fuck would you ever want to play 16:9 cropge, 4:3 is the uncut version.

Because people in charge of Dies kickstarter are literally retarded.

>STILL falling for the "t-they are going to re-launch it!! meme

They are not. This isn't Sharin no Kuni, they can get much more money from the western audiences with the anime, the complete silence from Light while the KS crashed and burned, along with worst possible date to start a crowdfunding means the company didn't much care about it.

Make one for memecats for comparison

Everyone in this thread is intelligent for Kickstarter.

>along with worst possible date to start
That excuse doesn't stand because look at Nekoshit; is almost at the final goal.

Who gives a fuck about this kind of stuff?

In the end these are meant to localize the games, Libra is shit and Dies is kamige so I'd rather pledge for Dies even if I don't get sick meme rewards.

what does 'yume' mean

Chinesepara is an exception since it reached meme status, so of course people will back it so they can ironically stream ebin kawaii nekos on twitch for 5 minutes and never touch it again.

dream

Deliciouse

Its not ironic anymore. Stop that shit. People genuinely love those adorable catgirls.

The difference is that Dies Irae really is shit and that kickstarter even shittier meanwhile Libra is an average moege with a good KS and dev support.

Libra's KS set a new gold standard for how it should be done.

Japanese pronunciation of "Yummy".

I love vns but can't afford buying it user. I can live for almost 1 month with $35 here in my country

thanks dudes

Libra should be promoted to honorary kamige status desu

>It's been 5 years since this was translated

Why? No one is saying that Libra is a kamige but if a modest company like that could do a good Kickstarter then why Dies Irae couldn't? Lazzyness?

Still the best girl.

Light are greedy as fuck, 40k for a fucking artbook lol.

What the hell is Libra? That thing with vampire girls in Kickstarter? Looks like complete shit.