Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

ikura.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/gamefight/1433315158/44
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cats

I didn't say it was good or bad. I was just wondering what the reasoning behind it was.
And SFV isn't a casual game? I thought the point of it was to be more accessible than USFIV via removing things like 1f links. Also, I don't think that the casual players are the ones that spend all day playing ranked matches or going to events, at least know more than the guys that casually play fighting games.

>lose 26 matches in a row
>can never win

This sucks so fucking bad. Literally everyone is better than me. Everyone.

Despite being a dumbed down piece of shit for casuals it STILL wasn't casual enough, so now the real fighting game players are stuck with a dumbed down piece of shit that still isn't selling and is ironically more boring to watch for the casual viewers because nothing cool can actually happen.

Is arcade mode really that important?

SFV is designed as a competitive/esports game that is inclusive towards casuals. OW is more of a casual game that gains a competitive/esports scene due to its size/Blizzard backing.

You might disagree with SFV being a competitive game but from a design standpoint it makes a difference in how they make decisions regarding balance

There are many people here who can't do the "retarded flicks" on a pad, they use an arcade stick or a keyboard.
Also, speed is something that comes with practice, the correct input is the one you need to aim for at the start.

SFV isn't a casual game if you're comparing to something like OW or a MOBA

Overpatching is a bigger problem in FG than other genres too, MK slowed down on that but that game almost killed itself because it was getting balance changes so frequently.

Look at the history of games where updates didn't happen or were uncommon, tier lists take a long time to settle. Marvel 2 is the most obvious example

Killer Instinct for W7 when

Game?

Hopefully never windows 7 is shit.

who /cantwait/ here

you're supposed to use the dpad if you're using pad

No. Fighting games arent casual games.
Quality of life improvements like input buffers wont benefit those who cant even throw a hadoken.

>tfw will be left behind because I wanted training mode to save my settings

Coincidentally 2017 is also a great time to be a Tekken fan

We're not going to hear anything

the shadaloo Dolls game mode better be real

I wonder if that just means the season pass holders, I didn't buy that shit but play SFV like daily

sorry but there's no room for entitled little shits like you in the grand capcom future

This sounds more like desperation than hopefulness.

I'm not sure SFV can handle bad press like fucking over people who didn't buy the season pass

At this point even that is debatable

Yes they can. Capcucks will eat it up like they always do and rest of the world keeps not giving a fuck about SFV.

more characters with thigh boots desu

yeah, the rest of the world gives a fuck about anime
oh wait no those game are all fucking dead lmaooooooooooooo

For casuals, e.g. the people that keep getting these games made by buying them, putting money in the pot for serious players, yes. Context and perspective are very important things. Compare sales of fighting games to the amount of people that attend tournaments. And this just doesn't just go for fighting games. This is most games, really. Look at how well CoD sells, then look at its esports numbers. Sure, they're high, but if you really put all of the people that play CoD in one building, it would be overflowing with people and you'd need way more than one for the venue. Most don't care about the game outside of doing the campaign and maybe playing a match with their friends. Single player games are also like this. Have you seen DSP play Metal Gear Solid? That's how the average person plays that game. In fact, most people don't actually finish games. I used to work at gamestop and a bunch of people would turn a game in on the grounds of it being too hard and not being able to get to the end. Even for games like Elder Scrolls, which are just tests of attrition that you can look up guides for anyway. Sure, we can make fun of these people all we want, but this is how companies get their money.

The fuck? When has the world ever cared about FG in general? What game are you playing that's blowing up around the world, MK? Lmao

MKX had almost as many viewers as SFV at KIT

is millia a gud footsies character for beginners

>fucking hate the game
>could still easily body him

Who's getting left behind, faggot!?

Who even mentioned anime? Tekken is a global phenomenon. Ask any southeast asian and they'll know about it. KoF is also this way in East asia and Latin America.

who even is that guy

Why is her ass melting

he works for capcom

Me

pantyhose are no1

Tekken is dying.
TTT2 already had pitiful sales.

A literal shill. Works in capcoms marketing

capcom has a marketing department?? what the fuck are they doing all day

Can you change her hairstyle

Ok, I can't take this Tekken 7 wait anymore
Post me some top sniffs or I'll die.

They're the ones who said RE6 would sell more than GTA and called DMC4 a failure despite being the best selling game in the series and are the ones who thought DmC and RE:ORC would be good ideas.

Filipinos don't own consoles usually and will just play in an arcade. And why would Koreans buy it on console if they can just play it in arcades?

do you know what a shill is?

I'd sniff Asuka

>And why would Koreans buy it on console if they can just play it in arcades?

More like why would you play in arcades if it's on console aka the reason Namco is keeping the game in arcades for 71 years

somebody please explain juris v-skill to me, i cant use her in traindingmode.

What would it be? They're not under shadaloo's control anymore thanks to rashid.

Asuka is good.

it's really punishable but it goes through fireballs if it's full charge

She dashes forward and goes behind you to kick you. It has pretty good range but doesn't go fullscreen. She can stop the dash early. She can charges it so that it hits while it goes through you too, making it a two-hit combo. When she's charging, she can dash or backdash out of it and it keeps the charge. She can cancel out of her qcf specials into it. It goes through projectiles.

Just give up, there is no hope.

In America and Europe, sure, since there are no arcades there for the most part, but they are still popular in Oceania. In many developing countries and areas with cheap people (Korea, Japan) going to an arcade to spend a few coins is seen as more sensible than dropping a paycheck on a mini computer that needs its own arcade stick and such. I mean, compare the popularity of KoF in Brazil to the amount of Neo Geos they sold there.

Don't play Asuka she stinks

>noun
>noun: shill; plural noun: shills
>1.
>an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest.
"a megamillionaire who makes more money as a shill for corporate products than he does for playing basketball"

So...a marketer.

But T7 is the most profitable Tekken yet
ikura.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/gamefight/1433315158/44

There's almost no arcades in America because of home consoles. Dedicated arcades in the US are either highly specialized like there's a few pinball museums or most of their customers buy free play passes.

I hope I don't die before T7 comes out

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Westerners are more willing to spend money on stuff like that, while easterners are not, which is why arcades are still a thing there.

>acts as an enthusiastic customer
>pretends to give an impartial endorsement
A marketer who pretends not to be affiliated with what's being shilled.

Do you still play TTT2?

You save more money by buying the console though, Japan is just slower to adopt new things.

>a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement

He clearly states his affiliation on his twitter page. You are a fucking idiot

>even he knows their game is a piece of shit

Nah I cant be assed to hook up my PS3 and find where my disc is

Over time, yes, but with how Japan's arcade culture works, many of them only spend one credit on a game on their commute to their job, then immediately stop playing and get back to their work as soon as they lose. They're this way with many things. Over time, owning a car is cheaper than using the bus or train every day, but they still do this. I don't think this is even about adopting new things anymore, as consoles and cars have been around for decades. The Japanese just have a very odd sense of saving money.

Is the user who bought USF4 as his first street fighter still here? i hope you know that you will eather eventually start playing SFV or you'll drop street fighter altogether.

I'm the same way with Virtua Fighter. I accept all challenges on the off chance someone brings it up on here, but just having my PS3, or any console for that matter, at the ready is a hassle.

>Over time, owning a car is cheaper than using the bus or train every day
Depends on where you live.
In the US this may be the case, but in most large cities in Europe, nuh uh.

This is something I never got. Why don't the people that dislike SFV just play a different game? I switched over to KoF XIV and never looked back.

Is The Rumble Fish the best fighting game Dimps has made

"It's not worth it learning a dead game"

>Over time, owning a car is cheaper than using the bus
If your car never breaks down maybe

Those people dont play SFV either.

If Tekken is so good, why is its best American player a fat Armenian?

rumble fish 3 when

The meme (in the traditional sense of the word) is that games other than SF are all dead or bad.

Which is really hilarious if you do play other games because despite SFV having way more players, you can find matches in KI and MKX faster because the matchmaking and netcode is actually good.

Not to mention there's a discord for damn near any game you can ask for games in at any hour.

The best american player is actually a skinny vietnamese guy

I dislike SFV, but I still have put 100 hours into it because it's the only game there are tournaments for in my area. There is at least 2 guys that go there that will play KoF and Vsav with me, though.

Its not always that easy. The game has flaws and some people are hoping they fix it.

Where I live, unlimited public transport which takes me to work and wherever I need to go costs me 1000€ a year.
Even a piece of shit 1.2l car costs at least 2k a year not counting actually buying it

I think people just want the SF franchise to be better, that's not a hard concept to grasp.

Of course there are many other fighting games out there that are clearly better than SFV, but they aren't SF. Not everyone is a fan of niche fighters like GG or KoF.

When's the last time Capcom fixed a game's flaws in any significant way? Patch 2013 of SFxT?

Yeah if you live somewhere with actually decent public transport then having a car is actually way less practical a lot of the time.

>Why don't the people that dislike SFV just play a different game?
I do

I think SFV is making me realize I don't actually like Street Fighter

Like I had fun mashing in 3S and Alpha but I never put any significant amount of time into those games so I can't stay if I actually like them.

When is Early 2017?

So people would rather play a worse game than a good one based on brand recognition alone? I think I understand how Michael Bay makes money now.

It looks fun, I'd play pic related.

RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Good thing you posted that image, I was interested in it's source for quite a long time.
Now if you please allow me,
sauce?

Early March

How many more months until it's early 2017?

I need it to be very soon, right now if possible

It's a minus8 gay shota flash.

is it early 2017 yet

The "shota" is over 30

good.