Are older cars actually better or is it just a meme?

Are older cars actually better or is it just a meme?

Good luck plugging your phone in surving a crash in a car from 20 years ago.

>plugging your phone in surviving a crash
K

>OR surviving a crash
Sorry for the typo assturd.

say meme one more time

>cars dont have cigarette lighters
Ok

>He doesn't have a car phone

But really, I love the mechanical feel of 90's cars.

If you ever have to ask if something is a meme. Its a meme...

Is everything GM a meme?

older cars are better and have character

I have a feeling my 21 year old Saab would keep my alive in a crash that a modern economy car would kill me in.

I can plug my phone into the disco lights radio. Im also seem to be faster to 100 than my friends f10 535.

I really hate that fucking radio though.

so the reason why cars today look bulkier and have so much shit is because of safety regulations? I tried asking my dad but he just looked at me like a retard

I like older cars but I think it's only because they look different from all the sedans today, when those older cars (sometimes) sedans themselves. Makes me wonder if i'll end up liking modern cars 30 years from now like I like cars from ~30 years ago

>I have a feeling my 21 year old saab would keep me alive in a crash that a modern economy car would kill me in

Compare your Saab to any new car of the same mass and I'm sure your life outcomes would be better in the new one.

Both

i dont know ill ask my mechanic

oh right i dont have one, since i drive a 1991 Mercedes Benz thats literally never broken

>he fell for the 'old Mercedes are reliable' meme
What a clown.

>1991 benz
>94 hood
>never broken

it may have never broken down but it definitely got a big punch in the fucking face at some time which of course doesn't say anything negative about its quality but that hood is not original.

I wouldn't be so sure. My 9000, weighing in at about 3100lbs, was the safest car available till the introduction of the 9-5, which was the safest car available till the company went bust. If we were talking about a bmw e36, I wouldn't question your statement.

Safety measured by injuries and fatalities per car per mile studied by insurance companies.

I get kind of depressed when I think about how I'll never be able to have boobs that big in my hands

>pay 1800€ for a car
>drive it since 40k kilometers now with not a single problem
even if it breaks down RIGHT NOW it was a good deal. but it wont.

yeah the hood isnt original, the door got repainted as well once.
dont know if the door thing is the reason why the hood got changed though, a lot of people had the newer hood built onto their mercedes back in the days after the facelift came out

my dad had the 200D w124 and one of my goals is to at least once own one (200 or even better 250D) in my life which is difficult since they're really rare in germany now (almost all of them got exported to eastern europe and afrika, cash for clunkers and on top of it low-emission zones in which those cars are not allowed to drive anymore without expensive cat upgrades).

how many liters does yours sip on 100km on average? you have the 90hp 250 without the turbo if I remember correctly, right?

Not with that attitude.

Getting those in your hands once or twice isn't that much of a problem but having permanent access is.

This. 90's was the best era for cars that had become modern enough to not suck, but were still fucking CARS. You got your gauges, wheel, shifter, radio, and vents. No aux jack, no permanent iPad in the dashboard, the analog gauges were still actual analog gauges and not just a screen showing a picture of one, engine bays were still reasonably easy to access stuff in, and most importantly in my opinion, outward visibility was still a big thing because backup cameras and lane detection and crash prevention and etc. hadn't become a thing yet to allow the driver to not worry about what's around them.

Too bad 90s cars are ugly as fuck then

At least they don't look perpetually pissed off.

>I own an e34 M5

I want to drive like that georgian dude but i dont want to wreck my car :(

An Aukey QuickCharge 2.0 12v car charger and a Bluetooth DIN radio accomplishes that pretty nicely. As far as old cars go a late 90s Subaru is probably one of the safest, besides Volvo or Saab.

>90's cars
>ugly as fuck
somebody has shit taste

Pussy

cars in the nineties did have airbags you know
you're a shit driver if you get in any other accident than being rearended

Yes they are. A couple of decades ago, there was a clear differentiation between the cars made for people who enjoy driving, and the ones made for people who want to go from A to B. Nowadays they try to make 600 hp monsters "nicer and easier to drive than any Golf", so no matter what you buy, you can't get that visceral mechanical connection and thrill that old cars have. You will always be surrounded by a bloated plastic shell in isolation, with a bunch of electronic aides that suck up any enjoyment.

There's no cars anymore for people who actually LIKE cars. The only things that come close are kit/track cars, some bespoke ultra expensive custom build (Eagle Speedster), and maybe the odd Lotus.

back then they were more willing to take risks because the main priority was the domestic market and not the fuck huge global market.

everything is cookie cutter shit that has to appeal to every pleb.

Strap a gopro to it and fucking rip skidz and become a YouTube superstar

>rare in germany
im living in germany atm, brought my mercedes from austria. there is SHITLOADS of W124 here, but i think youre right with the diesels, not so much of them.

>how much fuel
something between 6 and a little over 7 liters on 100 km. i managed to drive him under 6 liters as well, but the good thing is, it doesnt really matter how fast you dirve, the consumption doesnt fluctuate that much. on the autobahn i usually drive him with 150-170 km/h according to GNSS.

yeah i have the 250 Diesel. i wouldnt buy a weaker one, 5 cylinders are just fine, 6 would be even better of course

90s is my favourite automotive era.

As other people have mentioned, cars were still cars and not mobile battlestations. I like being able to turn an actual key instead of pressing a starter button and watch an analogue needle bounce around to different RPMs.

What's wrong with an aux jack?

I live in a more "progressive" area where people love to have newer cars and where older cars are also kinda frowned upon.
maybe there are still shitloads of them in less insane parts of the country

What's wrong with the radio, or burning CDs?

I hate having wires going everywhere.

>burning cds
>not cassette master race

> As far as old cars go a late 90s Subaru is probably one of the safest,

I was pretty surprised that my old 90's Forester has dual airbags etc

Mid 80's to late 90's is the sweet spot if you want a reliable, easy to work on and cheap car.

Too far either side of that and you're going to start running into problems with sourcing old spare parts or hermetically sealed appliances with a ton of electrickery and sensors with poor longevity.

This post reeks of underage bus riders who tries his hardest to have a faux elitist opinion
I bet you've never driven anything with more than 200hp, new or old

I installed my own aux jack in the centre console storage area

no wires going everywhere, well at least not that you can see

>crappy economy
>crappy build quality
>ever shrinking pool of parts
>crappy power
>crappy power delivery
>more maintenance heavy as they're more worn down