/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

The Frankening is upon us edition

(Looted) thread:READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/WaB1BTBJ

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>(Fixed) Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw
mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck (options)

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ciPu4DnKBuM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for bannerlord q1 of 2017

Do your best to impress Frank with your cunning plans!

crossbows are useful

2nd for never ever

5TH FOR IS ACOK 3.0 ANY GOOD

Tbh with you Frank my man its kinda hard to think of things to clarify when we know so little.
Some factions seem to start with less fiefs at the start (see map), will balance rely on them having more lords or something else ?
Ignore if this is probably goign to be changed.
Thanks

It looks like they got rid of some quests. The Targaryen invasion is now random, and nobody knows when exactly event fires.

GIVE ME BANNERLORD
RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Frank, we've seen a lot of battle videos and how the AI behaves on the battlefield so far, but I am still curious about horse archery; the way their AI is poorly handled is, to me, a weak point of Warband that I would like to see it improved, like how 1257AD redeems it or something else. I don't think I can ask you about specific details as it hasn't been officially featured yet, but do you know if it's received some special attention? Perhaps if there are plans on featuring them in upcoming footage?

I think we've given pretty clear indications about this with answers to questions in the past. You can check Armagan's RPS interview and the GameStar video from Gamescom for our response to this. Not going to say anything definite or rule anything out but you should be managing your expectations, based on what we've said multiple times already.

We didn't release this at the time because we just wanted to people to focus on our strongest content. I agree it would have been nice to have thrown it out a week after GC or something but we didn't get it together to do so. It's looking likely that I'll have an extra pair of hands to help me manage this sort of thing soon though.

Although I think it would be a bad idea to just push out that footage right now, I'll remember that you asked for it and try to plan to avoid similar situations arising in future. Fair point.

It may well be changed. We're not at a stage where we're really focusing on balance right now to be honest.

Why is it going to take months to port the higher resolution console textures to the PC version?

Friendly reminder that Warband is not canon :^)
Right Ginge?

This is close to a question I answered in a recent Q&A on TaleWorlds, so I'm just attaching that response.

surely you want a product that meets your expectations with refined testing and fixing

you wouldn't want an X rebirth

Hmm. Actually I thought I mentioned Horse Archers in that response but it seems I didn't... since you specifically asked about them, I can at least say they *have* gotten some much-needed attention but nothing more than that!

The honest answer is that it won't take "months", at least not from a technical standpoint but it will take *some* time and requires extra work to make sure it doesn't break anything, DLC on Steam needs setting up, with a store page etc. Unfortunately, it hasn't been a top priority but hopefully "months" won't be the case. I'm optimistic we can get it out in around 1-2 months. Wish it could have been sooner!

Not sure what you're referring to exactly...

Lads, which faction has the best archers in VC ?

>Not sure what you're referring to exactly...
He's just memeing

that sounds like good stuff on the opponent's macro level, but what about the individual troops, both under the player's control and the opponent's? How have they changed since warband? Will horse archers just be changed from idiots to well positioned idiots? How will banerlord's AI measure up to say. brainybot's? What about the campaign AI?
sorry about the flurry of questions, I have not

kept up with the well intentioned but irksome breadcrumb styled information releases.

archering is basically cowardice during that time period, user

bad formating, my bad

>but nothing more than that!
meaning "but I can't sat more than that", as opposed to "they haven't got more than much-needed attention". My written communication skills have gone out the window on this one!

Think I'm going to call it an evening there, as it's been just over an hour since I've started. Cheers all for getting involved and happy new year!

Very flattered at the title OP user. I can rest in peace now.

bruh.

So heavy infantry just steamrolls everything?

>Cheers all for getting involved and happy new year!
thanks dude. see you soon hopefully

>I can rest in peace now.
Well, given the current situation in Turkey...

I don't know, I never played.

Yup

BUT I WANT IT NOOOOOOW

I can't wait for bannerlord so I can genocide the battyboys

Fuck! I always miss him!

Ginge! Ginge, you Celtic fuck! At least post most screenshots on the blog! I want to see Wiccan Battanians, Imperial Cataphracts, and Vlandian Horsefuckers!

Kys Barbar faggot scumbag

>X rebirth
more like afterbirth

btw i googled "afterbirth" to make sure it was what i was thinking it was and god damn that was horrid.

HAVE A GOOD DAY, LE CAN'T SAY ANYTHING I'M AFRAID MAN

lol i think i had sex with this check once

BIG PICTISH XBOWS

Nords. Their archers actually have armor and come with a sword and shield just in case they get into CQC. Picts are also good for massed crossbows. The Welsh/Britons, unfortunately for themselves, did not discover how to become deadly archers just yet.

Gimme dem manhunters
Gimme dem peasant women

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

in nomine patris, aaaamen~
~uǝɯɐɐɐɐ 'sıɹʇɐd ǝuıɯou uı

stop this

REMOVE SARRANID remove sarranid
you are worst sarranig. you are the raghead idiot you are the sandnigger smell. return to shariz. to our vaegir cousins you may come our khanate. you may live in the archery range….ahahahaha ,vaegir we will never forgeve you. sandmonkey rascal FUck but fuck asshole sarrnid stink sultanat gechii gichii..sarranig genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead sarranig..ahahahahahVAEGIR WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget steppe battle .swadia we starve the king , swadia return to your precious praven….hahahahaha idiot sarranid and vagir smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE SARRANID FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. khergit+rhodok+nord+swadia=kill sarranid…you will steppe battle/ sanjar alive in khanate, sanjar making throat song of khanate . fast bow sanjar khanate. we are rich and have stepe waifu now hahahaha ha because of sanjar… you are ppoor stink sarranid… you live in a cavern hahahaha, you live in a sand castle
sanjar alive numbr one #1 in khanate ….fuck the vaegir ,..FUCKk ashol sarranid no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur banner and sultanate. sanjar aliv and real strong khan kill all the sarranid farm aminal with horse magic now we the khergit rule .snake of the desert sultan hakim fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and sarranid wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our horses we will crush u lik a skull of pig. khergit greattst faction

>khergit greattst faction
KILL
ON
SIGHT

Lance or native recruitment in 1257 AD?

Lance

lance

Thanks, that's what I thought.
Last thread there was a lot of talk of extended mercenary work, but having mostly un-upgradeable troops for a long time seemed kind of lame.

I'm posting this every thread to honour the user's dying wish.

Thanks lads, joining Picts right now, time to go Dark Age Rhodok on these lands.

I've heard that the Dynasty Warriors mod is pretty alright, but there are so many versions on the moddb so perhaps you can try them all out for us and determine which one is best?

SONS OF THE HOUNDS, COME 'ERE AND GET FLESH

youtube.com/watch?v=ciPu4DnKBuM

COME ON YA BASTARDS

user you don't know the pain of watching your European wandering happy merc band bleed off in the desert
I miss my generic merc army, wish they didn't cost me out the ass now

>Tfw creating your own mercenary troop tree with as much diverse armour as you can stomach
Probably my favourite part of the new Perisno

What's up with not being able to sail from port to port in VC. I took a boat/cab to ireland from Dun Breatann, and now I can't get the option to set sail in any of the irish ports. My ships are in Edinburgh so i'm stuck until I build a boat. Is it a bug or does it have something to do with party size/inventory?

Take screenshots of your lack of being able to take a boat.

Wait what. I don't get it. Just take your boats in fucking Edinburgh.
If you're at war with the faction holding it : Congrats, now wait.
Also this

He's saying he can't get to his boats in Edinburgh because he's on Ireland.

my bad. a bit tired.
Still he should be able to take the boat back

Holy cow I finally installed TLD thinking it was going to be the best most based tolkien mod ever made and it turns out ITS SHIT

What the fuck! It sucks ass! It's terrible and the map is shit!

Why is there so much apparent hype and community for this shit mod?

what's so bad about it

Well it works now. Don't know why the option was missing.

doesn't the whole lance recruitment thing completly screw over the AI since they don't use manor's troops? Or is that irrelevant?

the manor system isn't part of lance recruitment

It's fucking terrible, the map is empty, not even the full Middle Earth. No economy, no merchants, shit gear, shit places, shit system.

The Game of Thrones one is an example of an excelent thematic mod. TLD is absolute shit

Is there a fix for leveling up too much?

In every version the armies and nobles stop roaming the lands and its only caravans farmers and looters.

>The Game of Thrones one is an example of an excelent thematic mod

at what level?

>The Game of Thrones one is an example of an excelent thematic mod

It's up there with Sands of Faith and 1257 imo.

The map is perfect and there are tons of factions to join. Great work on the unique places as well, and the music.

>trip and fall
>permanent stat-loss events where both decisions make you lose stats

Once you go past 67 to like 2180 or something like that

try messing with the xp rate in the module.ini (IIRC)
>It's up there with Sands of Faith and 1257 imo.
>Sands of faith

Yeah... For CK 2.

how many in-game years are you playing to even reach that level? cheats?

That's shit but otherwise it's one of the best adaptations I know. And it has one of the biggest maps. It's just fun.

>It's just fun.

Sands of Faith is shit in terms of gear and things to do , but the skins and music are 10/10

One of the most inmersive ones.

What in the fuck is wrong with ACOCK?

I unironically think its one of the top mods I've played.

it's shit

>No economy, no merchants, shit gear, shit places, shit system.
except there are merchants, and saying something is shit doesn't mean anything

it was made for the original M&B you silly nigger

How?

>You will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

There's a new update, I haven't played that in a long time, how is it nowadays
May try it out when I fade off 1257 again

name one thing wrong with VC
I'm waiting, white bois

What are some good medieval mods?

Inb4

>1257
>1200
>Sands of Faith
>Hundred years war

>You stumble and fall!
>random events that force you into take actions that sometimes do not correspond to what you'd actually like to do
>said events can permanently decrease your stats regardless of what you choose
>You stumble and fall!
>mod has fixed event scripts for wars and invasions, some of them can glitch so that you are permanently at peace with some factions, effectively cucking your entire game if you're to conquer everything
>modder is a daedric lord of rage and autism who doesn't accept any form of suggestion or criticism and forces all those shitty features into the game without an option to disable them

It can be safe to assume the major part of his mod being so famous is because it caters to ASoIaF fans.

Runs like shit on toasters

>No economy, no merchants, shit gear, shit places
"No".
>shit system
kinda agree only because of the sieges and the early game grind. otherwise no

Not much really, It's pretty solid now even though it was pretty shit on launch.

If I had to say, the problem is the new body meshes which make everyone look buff as fuck AND fuck up any possibility of porting armor from other mods.

warwolf

the characters can look hilariously bad