Car starts needing a quarter of oil every 2k-3k miles

>car starts needing a quarter of oil every 2k-3k miles

What does my baby mean by this?

it meas that, unlike your mum, your car wants to be lubricated

It's not normal for a car to need a quarter of oil every so often right? I got 98k miles. Started doing this around 90k I think.

You should literally be changing your oil every 2 or 3 thousand miles you stupid cuck.

It means the engine is getting old or there's a leak

check the drain plug and gasket

notice any burning smell after driving a while?

It means you have a leak. Could be extern.. could be internal. 90k is early for rings, so I'm guessing it's external

>another oil leak

I just got the leaking vacuum pump replaced entirely a month or 2 ago... what the fuck.

A vacuum pump has nothing to do with leaking gaskets and seals. What kind of car is your 'baby'

you should be changing your oil almost that often anyway

what's the mileage? check all the gaskets, especially for the oil pan. check the plug.

it its an old engine maybe a rebuild is in order

You realize most new cars have 10k mile oil change intervals?

yeah well fuck new cars man, really

if OP has a CURRENT YEAR bloated monstrosity he should leave

but really it depends on the mileage of the motor

This is normal as fuck
Especially for modern cars, especially bmws audis vws and Hondas

I drive my shit box 500 miles a week
Fugg

>This is normal as fuck
>Especially for modern cars, especially bmws audis vws and Hondas

>it's normal for poorly made shit to be shit

Yep checks out

>inb4 assmad GM fangirl

Not my fault GMs are superior builds

Congrats m8 your old oil will be 50% metal shavings when you change it.

>GMs
>superior builds

LMAO thanks for the laff

Gm dumps entire sump of oil within half a dozen miles tho

Hahaha good fucking joke kiddo, too bad I'm an ASE certified mechanic with a G1 patch on my fucking coveralls. You know what G1 is bucko? Light repair of every subsystem on a car, guess what 99% of wrenching is, LIGHT REPAIRS. I'm basically a master mechanic except I specialize in shit that actually matters.

At the shop I "wrench" at ( I do a lot more than turn a wrench at the Pep boys I work at and I'm fast track to forehand assistant) I rarely ever see a GM in my bays for anything beyond a scheduled maintenance , you know why faggot? SUPERIOR BUILT.

Now fuck off until you know the difference between horse power and the cartoon horses you fap to in your moms attic .

Lmao thank you so much user this is top tier pasta

I believe it. These little engines are running thinner oil at higher temps these days so I wouldn't be suprised if a little burns up with normal use. At least more that an old 4.0L V6 making 175HP with 10w30 oil

You're welcome user.

Feel free to alter or correct typos, I was in between sets at the gym when I wrote it.

my 335i burns no oil in between 7500 mile changes
and its a twin turbo vacuum hose clusterfuck under the hood
ujelly?

Yeah well my Intrigue 3.8 is over 251k miles and only has 1 engine replacement.

BUILT TO LAST fagboi