Its cold mayne

Hey guys i need help.

'02 Accord

So my car blows cold air even when switched to heat. AC switch isn't on. Vents are open. Coolant is full. Cabin filter is new. Engine temp is around 45% which is normal.

I then tried to do a heater core flush and coolant flush.
So this gets to pics related.
I plug in a air hose and seal with electrical tape. I let some compressed air through and while the tape holds great no air comes out the other side.

The cabin switch is towards heat and I play around with all the buttons while key is on without starting motor. The pressure is the same and the valve thing is moving but no air comes out. I do let out some pressure from the hose and some fluid does come out of the bottom.

I relocate the hose to the other line and the same things happen. No air comes out while still fiddling with the buttons.

So I give up and put everything back together. Throw in some new coolant and drive for ~30min.

For about 10sec towards the end while I was playing with the controls I could feel some tiny bit of heat come through. I try to recreate the settings. But I couldn't get it back.

Anyone know what I should do next? Or possibly whats going on?
I can throw cheap parts at it but cant do mechanic.
Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dcL_0TWeZJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Valve thingy

Sounds like an air pocket or clogged heater core. Fill it up with coolant and bleed the system. Once the engine reaches operating temperature, feel both the heater hoses. They should both feel hot. If they don't, you have a clogged heater core. In that case it's either replace or you could try flushing with water.

youtube.com/watch?v=dcL_0TWeZJY

I drained what i could and refilled with fresh fluid. I did notice after starting it up that the hoses leading in and out of the core were significanly colder then the rest of the hoses. Like the ones leading the radiator to the engine.

Thats exactly the same procedure i followed. Pressure stayed the same. Nothing came out in the end.

did you take the other hose at the bottom off?

Yeah. I led it straight down to a oil catcher thing

have to driven it at the redline yet?

Yup. Its not a powerful motor so i need every rpm for highway pulls

Then its hopeless. Get a electric blanket.

Not really down to throw electricty around me like that.

Why don't you take out the valve and see if it works

does the valve turn on/off when you change the dial?
did you change the thermostat? and put it the right direction?

Sounds like you may need a new heater core. I just left work or I'd price you one through advance auto, u-pull-it would be cheaper though.

if both hoses are cold, then the sender hose might be clogged near the thermostat. run your hand down it and see where it finally gets hot. if it's right near the thermostat housing or water pump, disassemble and see what the issue is.

I wanted to hear peoples opinion befofe i start going deeper.
The valve does move positions i dont know if its broken internally yet.
Also its just the core im testing and nothings coming through that so somethings wrong there.
Thats what im trying to avoid
Ill drive the car first and check that out

did you try hooking up the water hose to the different sides of the heater core, pushing out any debris that might be in there?

I did that with an air hose. It had a pressure gauge so i know nothing came out.

use a water hose.

this.

Make sure both hoses going to the radiator are getting warm. If those check out, check input and output from the heater core. If one is warm and the other is basically cold, then you might have a clogged core.

I'd pull off the water valve and inspect it just so you can eliminate variables though.

pic unrelated