Irresponsible family wants to borrow car

Hey all. I am fully aware of /adv/ but due to the auto nature of this I figured I would ask her to get the best advise. Basically I recently purchased a srt hellcat charger. I worked very hard for it and saved since I was about 10 for owning a awesome car one day. Luckily for me at 25 I was able to finally do so. My younger cousin has a charger as well but the v6. He is absolutely in love with this car. He recently asked me to borrow it to take a girl out but I was not so keen to this proposition. I love my cousin but he has detonated his first cars engine due to shit maintenance , plowed into a family because running red lights, and always admits to having a heavy foot. I literally do not trust him at ALL with my vehicle. How can I say no nicely but sternly. I have already said no but he keeps asking and a few of the other side of my family is trying to sway me to "let him play a bit". I'm getting a bit frustrated and don't want to be the dick in the family and shit but fuck there is no way I'm letting ANYBODY drive my car.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzGTOumADn8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If he has a set day he wants to use it you could have it "break down" that week

So reading the ending tells me you already made up your mind.

I wouldn't lend ANYBODY that has a track record of crashing cars (I have Asian family known for this) a vehicle. Its your car, you don't have to lend it to anybody, especially if he's gonna get pussy in the back seat and not clean it up or some other shit like that.

pic related, GEEDEEARRS!

honestly dude just tell him no as many times as you need to.

it's your car, and a pretty pricey one at that, so you have final jurisdiction.

also, i've driven a manual hellcat challenger and that shit isn't for the faint of heart, retards, or irresponsible drivers. 707 horsepower is WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH to hand over to a person like your cousin.

please don't let him ruin your nice car.

Just say no.

It's yours, so no.

Just say no and that's final. Be a man. Ultimately they'll respect you more if you put your foot down now and then.

Bro I agree. This shit is WILD. I'm was almost inclined to just try to return it when I first bought it because it was sheer terror at first. Its really a car for someone with a very VERY ( I literally cannot emphasize enough on this ) foot...

Only if the extended family shares his apprehension, otherwise he's going to be 'a cunt'.

I'd be happy with that label, sets an automatic no for the next time someone wants to ask to use my shit.

Yeah its working to be the opposite. He gets babied and literally can do whatever he wants. Hes a good kid though...just way to much leeway.

>very VERY foot

light

lmao good catch. That's how scary it is. It makes me forget words just thinking about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzGTOumADn8
never share your car with your family unless youre fine with it being destroyed

So? If they're irresponsible trash/hood types, fuck em.

If they live and die by giving your cousin good boy points for wiping his own ass, fuck em too.

You don't need their approval.

t. Person with a shitty branch of the family tree, like most people.

Update from OP.
I decided to ask him hey if she has a friend..we could do a double date and I will drive. He said sure but as long as he can pretend its his car.... I thought about it for a second but kinda snapped a bit because I worked so fucking hard for this car and at FUCKING 25 bought a car some retirees couldent afford with STRAIGHT CASH...no way I'm going to let ANYBODY pretend this is there car. FUCK THAT.

Say this exactly

No, I saved up since I was 10 and I'm not going to have you wreck my car trying to impress some girl. You have a shit history with cars and I don't trust you with it.

Your cousin sounds like a real faggot. Disassociate with him immediately except for required family functions.

Like I said he really is a nice kid. He tries to sweet talk his way into things but this is insulting to me his ELDER cousin.

Doesnt the hellcat have valet mode?

Give him the valet mode key and hes only got 500hp and limits the rpm.
I'd let them but they do anything to fuck it up, ill tear him a new asshole

Don't let him borrow your car. It's a terrible idea and you know it. You have valid reasons not to trust him behind the wheel of a car.
Don't even let him tell the bitch it's his car. She's just going to ask him if she can eat, drink, vape, put on make up, etc. and he'll say yes because he wants to get his dick wet.

Just tell the nigga no, say that by principal you are not going to let anyone but you drive your car. Say something about insurance if you have to.

Actually I read and reread the OP

Just say no.

He already managed to nearly kill a family with less than 300 hp..so valet mode or not...fuck that.
Agreed
Already done.. shitstorm incoming.

seeI've driven a manual hellcat challenger. Almost bought it too, but didn't.
Shit is wild. Def not especially if its auto.

its auto. lmfao thanks for the reinforcement. I opted for the auto because I'm not the best manual driver and I definitely get into trouble if it was.

>So?
We're on the same team.
Like I said, if they think I'm a cunt, they're less likely to ask for shit later.

He'd be using that as an excuse to ask for the keys in front of the girls halfway through the date. Guaranteed.

Your family sounds sort of hick, not in a malicious way mind you, but definitely not responsible sounding people. Don't you dare lend that awesome car out.

>He really is a nice kid
>Trashes all of his toys and things it's no biggie to drive someones brand new car

Deluded. Not him, you.

If it was manual, clutch and shifter are like loading a howitzer. Not for the faint of heart

>He'd be using that as an excuse to ask for the keys in front of the girls halfway through the date
That's absolutely what'd happen. Don't let him fuck your car opee

Noone else is gonna say it?

Pics or it didn't happen.

Nah they care cool. The adults are on my side but my cousin and my other cousins bf are riding my dick about it. I told everyone to fuck off until business hours..its late as fuck and I honestly don't care too much anymore.

I wouldnt let him drive my e36 M3 with 240hp kek let alone 7hundredfucking7

Don't lend him the car.

Man it sucks that the E36 got cucked so hard in North America. It's such a cool car

Yeah I agree its pretty much done. Hes throwing a shit fit now. Like I said the adults are pretty much on my side but w.e. He will get over it.

We don't say that here. We ask for bread on hood.

lmfao. Don't bother. If you saw my phone you would wonder if it even have texting capacities. Its like 2005. Never was a phone guy...also it helped me save a bunch to buy a car.

has*
SHIT I'm tired.

play the angle of " you and your own car arnt good enough to pick up a girl that you have to borrow someone elses? " the way you depict him I would figure he has a huge massive ego, hence the reason he would even want to borrow a car to impress some girl anyways. just tell him that he would be fake as fuck pretending it was his car and if he wants to get any real progress with any girl he has to be honest and be himself. (i.e use his own car...)

Okay pussy it's JUST A challenger, sheez you act like it's fast or nice or something

M-m-m-muh light foot!

>young cousin wants to show off to a girl in a 700hp charger and pass it off as his
yeah, hes totally not going to put it into a power pole at 100mph

tell him to wake the fuck up

no his cousins v6 would be "just a challenger" you have to at least give respect to a car putting out 707hp..

I mean true but it didnt take away from the godteir handling.

only .3-8 seconds of laptimes and 0-60

also rereading the OP I realize its a charger*

>707 hp
>respect

Lol okay faggot, yea I guess I'll respect some auto cuck mobile making 707* horsepower at 6 thousand pounds that he didn't even build.

Nigga it's a fuckin dodge. It's a fucking charger. And it's a fuckin auto. It's exactly like letting your cousin borrow a chrysler 300 aka not a big deal, since its a basic bitch car

This user has never driven a car, lmao

The hellcat has enough power to roast the wheels at 100mph...

okay after reading your post I realize you are right. Thank you for opening my eyes I wish I would have realized this from the beginning hats off to you

Are you my cousin?

gather together the family in one place about it. once everyone is there, have him stand up.
>user, you want to borrow my 700 horsepower brand new car.
>I've told you no but you keep begging like the entitled little shit you are.
>so let me say it in as many witnesses as possible.
>Not just no, but HELL FUCKING NO!
>You will never get the keys to that car so long as their is breath in my body.
>meeting dismissed

Get your point across and do not give 2 fucks if you come across as a dick.

Literally no

It's a charger dude :rolleseyes/ I don't care what special snowflake trim it is. It's a fucking a Dodge. It's 4 foot
Doors. It's not a bid fucking deal at all especially at *allegedly* lmao 707 horsepower while weighing as much as an F250. Op is just a bitter poor fag. Maybe if he built a 700 horsepower engine but nah not even then. Literally just a faggot

Meh 4/10 I replied originally

"what do you drive"

>then mom makes me teddies
>collect rare pepes on the chenz
>sure showehim.jpeg

This is basically how you put yourself on the spectrum for your family you fucking autist

MUH BUILDS. You sound like some pissed off boomer who cant afford your meds. Op here btw. GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU GERATRIC FUCKSTICK...STICK TO YOUR STATE PROVIDED BUS PASS

Maybe you could give the girl a ride instead

More like what don't I drive
Give you a hint
>950 hp
>no power steering
>GM
>SS

Better to be autistic and on the high end of the spectrum than to be legitimately retarded.

So some other boomers dick?

Lmao you mad your cousins gonna bang some sloot in your little cuck mobile charger
M-m-m-muh hellcat

Be careful op he might accidently hit your shifter from P to N while he's bumping uglies *gasp*

>GM
>SS
pigfat boat doesnt matter if it has 9001hp still pigfat gm boat

BOOMER LEAVE

Just say no, be like Nancy Reagan.

This shit reminds me of my brother wanting to borrow my FD all the time although he has literally no idea how to drive stick and can't even figure it out with the very visible indicators on the shifter pointing out where each gear is.

I think he's retarded, but he has his series 6 & 63 licenses and an MBA. Probably still retarded.

Hey now, dodge interiors are very easily damaged. user doesnt want a torn up car.

At least it's not *just* a charger lol a factory built automatic charger that some faggot had to save 15 years for ahahahahaha and some other guy us gonna cuck him and devirginize the back seat while op sits at home and cries on a Eritrean gaucho riding forum

Falling for the GM muscle car meme.

At least retards get pity, enjoy becoming the ultimate gentleman with your sick new automatic charger Bruh

True, I forgot the FD is what ruined the handling of the E36 M3

Hey op i drive an older American muscle car, my brother kept nagging to borrow it (lol audikek) and I just told "no dude your not on my insurance" and that was that.

Don't do it.

Say it's broken down Ive used that excuse a bunch

He already has a Charger and he's worried about that not being enough to impress some girl? Shit man I'm 24 and I have a Civic. If he thinks a 292 HP Charger won't be enough, imagine how he'll drive a 707 HP one.
>protip: straight into another vehicle

I remember my first time on Veeky Forums

JDM fag here, enlighten me on what happened to the e36.

I gotta ask, what was his response to you saying no, like word for word.

6/10 tried too hard.

The North American version had almost 100 less horsepower than the European one.

I'm 25 year old neet with a 16 year old ls1 Commodore I gave up giving a shit what cunts think years ago.

>family trying to pressure you into letting your cousin drive a car that is very likely to kill him as well as bystanders
I'd literally ask them if they're retarded.

People with high credentials are typically retarded in every aspect of life except their small field. And even then they usually can't apply their knowledge, just talk about it.
Probably got something to do with autism.

NA e36 had the motor, diff, and brakes neutered

Oh, a date is just the beginning- even a double date. The lie sets up an excuse to ask for the car again, and again... and if OP says no, he's being a cunt AND A cockblock.

If OP's shitheel cousin has his way, he'll be out telling anyone and everyone it's his car, until more people believe it belongs to the cousin than know it's actually OP's.

t. user with similarly pathologically shitty relatives

If he wrecks your car, will it be insured? Since it is an expensive car, the insurance company is not going to give away any goodwill on it. They often do for small things in order to keep your business or if you have extra points like state farm.

But if your policy says that only YOU are insured and that no one else is insured if you loan the car, then that means your insurance doesn't cover it. Now, if your cousin has shit insurance like liability only, then who knows what happens? Someone else without insurance hits your car while he is driving, then there is zero coverage. The car is lost.

CERRITOS ALLE

>I figured I would ask her to get the best advise.

What will happen:

1. Your car will be raced at full speed to impress the girl. Otherwise no need for HELLCAT version.
2. Your car will have sex in the backseat. That means pussy juices dripping down with asscrack juices in your seats.
3. Detonating engine sounds like he likes to redline for the fun sound it makes when roaring.
4. Fast angry driving or angry hooning session after dropping off the girl if the date doesn't go well.

Now, if your Hellcat was only a GM Onstar cuckmobile like mine. I have full Onstar which means my smartphone app reports to me everything going on with the car. The driving path, how much time at each spot, tire pressure, battery, using seat belts or not, max speed driven, failure to use turn signals (and how many times), weaving in lane, etc. In fact, GM has cobbled up a set of most-sought-after data and named it "Teen Driver Report Card". If you set that mode, the car also gives you a full report card on the teen driver you loaned it to. Best of all, you have the master PIN, so you can set a max radio volume, refusal to have radio volume above minimal if no seat belts used, and even a max speed the car can go. It also shows the number of panic brakes. So if he slams the brakes to impress the girl with its stopping power, that will appear too. Don't know if FCA has a similar feature to Onstar.

====

ANY LOAN of the car must have signature plus a co-signer who guarantees payment if Mr Leadfoot Redlight-Runner doesn't pay up for all scratches, dents, and damages or loss of the car. Rental car replacement must also be paid up to 60 days worth.

Require the co-signer to be one of the adults with enough assets to cover it. And take a picture of the signing. That will psychologically impress upon people the seriousness. The co-signor must pledge the the house if timely payment is not met. That usually means the deed number is listed as collateral on the contract

Hell NO.

707 horsepower is stupid to hand over to someone who has a history of wrecking cars and nearly killing people. I bet the pink slips to my Mustang GT 4.6 and Volvo S60 2.5t that you will get a knock on the door from the police saying your cousin is dead and the car is a crumpled soda can.

My GT is the 3v paired with the 5 speed manual and it is not for an inexperienced/retarded driver. Do not do it OP.

t. bus pass holder

"No, and stop asking."

>fuck family

>GM
what does it matter if it won't run for more than 10 minutes?

no. user dont do this..

damn im mad that you even asked for Veeky Forums 's opinion.

well done for having a nice car at 25..

why the fk arnt you going on a date?

>a few of the other side of my family is trying to sway me
He must show you his insurance policy and have full boat coverage. If he only has liability, then things can get tough on you for damage.

If these relatives keep getting involved in giving away other people's property, tell them they must put up a cash deposit ahead of time equivalent to repairing major damage to the car. You hold the deposit.

NEVER loan a car without a contract.

>Like I said he really is a nice kid
He is a liar and irresponsible. What the fuck is your problem. Bread on hellcat, you sound like way too much of a pussy to have had your shit together to pay cash for a hellcat.

OP here. You sound WAY to fucking jealous. Its a fucking car dude..you don't have to be a dickhead because of it. shit.
Way to tired...Thanks for the reminder. I need to have a little fun every now and again and I forget.
When I said no because of the fact that he wants to pretend its his I kinda lost it. He kind of understood he pushed the boundary and apologized. Hes still asking though but I'm still ignoring . As a matter of fact its kinda warm out for winter so I'm thinking about giving her a wash

If he wrecks YOUR car and injures someone, you might be sued as part of the party responsible if his insurance coverage is not full boat. After all, you provided the unsafe car. It seems wrong, but that's how lawsuits work nowadays.

>my family is trying to sway me to "let him play a bit".
Does he know how to drag race the car? It takes some skill for him to see how much faster it can get from 0 to 60 on a straight road. The power can make handling it tricky and cause a wreck.

I'm glad I never had a car like that Hellcat. at the university. Everyone would DEMAND to drive it.

Tell him to take his own damn charger if he wants to go on a date.

It's your fucking car, they can go and fuck off.

I've been in the same situation OP, I own an 10' mercedes E320.
Borrowed it to my fagggot girlfriends brother for one night and managed o get 3 speeding tickets in the process, and was reluctant to pay it as it was my car. Don't do it there is just to much risk involved and nobody cares about your stuff as much as you do.

Volkswagen golf driver detected. I'm not even a fan of Chrysler but anything with a hellcat in it is awesome.

not the same guy, I do respect the benchmark dodge has been able to set I would never buy an American car over a german/European car, they are just way better.

Tell your cousin he can't drive it until he has enough money to buy you a new one if anything happens

He can take his girl out with his car. She probably won't know the difference anyways.

Just tell him what you said here, he's got a bad track record and you don't feel comfortable putting it in his hands. You guys are family, he'll get over it eventually if he does get asshurt

Its already been settled guys. I told him no. He is still bitching about it.
>bruh. I think shes the one...I wanna make a god impression bruh...don't you love me