/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

→ (embed) edition

Last thread: →→ # → → (embed)
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-fasthax released
-Freeshop github was DMCA'd install by Using freeshop.pw
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below. soundhax.com/
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/44757

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/yellows8/3dshax
twitter.com/RedEyeX32/status/818524431483998211
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin.
ntrplugins.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Plugins
jii.moe/SJpip2WUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

>menuhax released for 11.1-11.2

Is there any way to access Loadiine without a Gamepad? Mine is dead and I don't have the charger near me and can't get it any time soon.

Can you back up game saves using Wii U homebrew ?

>just fucking update
I will wait. One day, I will have my free PS4 games That I'll never playand then I'll be laughing at everyone who updated.

you have 22 mins until nintendo servers are taken down and later brought up with the ability to log people

Do I need to download both of these? I just got started

Is there any danger of getting banned or DMCA'd if
1) your NNID is linked to a cfw nintendo 3ds?
2) playing games online that aren't the region of your console?

Indeed.

What's the DS flashcart to get for n3DS, and what's a good (safe) site to buy it?

just the 3dsx is fine

READ NIGGER
R E A D

>go full A9LH
>hardly feel like playing anything anyway
Really makes you think

So my NNID is connected to my 3ds I've had for months now, is that bad?

>Get a9lh
>Just play NDS games instead

thanks

> yfw yls8 has started to disclose all of his research notes and projects
Seriously, that guy did quite a lot in the shadows.

why would you do this
you're boned friend

My 3ds is just a black screen with it being on. Did I brick it?

Can confirm. Now all I do is tech support here instead of playing free games.

I've never even bought anything from the eshop and it's only connected to my 3ds, what's the problem?

you're a hero without a cape, the friend we don't deserve

Nothing, you are being memed

Are you still going through the guide or finished it already? Can you boot into luma by holding select? is your SD card in the system?

I was going through the guide. I just finished step 2 of the 3ds guide. My dumbass click on Smash bros( a title that I did not purchase or downloaded), then it a black screen appeared. So I turned off and took off the sd card. Now my 3ds has dim/flickering screen on the top and the bottom screen is now green.

So I'm getting to the point in the process where I'm booting Decrypt9 and it's telling me I'll need to create a backup.

Stupid question;

I'm using a 32gig SD card. There's about 9gigs of free space left on it. Am I not going to have enough room for a backup? Should I take my SD card out and clear some space? I don't have a spare SD card. Can I just go back into the 3DS menu before I downgrade and delete some games?

literally me, playing an old PC game while just helping people out in whatever general.

Backup is 1GB around there, you'll be fine

thats the answer I was looking for, thanks man

Who here is the greatest hacker?

The flickering is normal if you are on 2.1.0 after the downgrade. Read everything and continue to follow the guide. Don't skip any steps ever or do something that the guide doesn't tell you to do.

The dstwo card does it all, even gba support. I cant remember where i bought it, but im sure there are old threads discussing trusted retailers

>even GBA support
Which is garbage

DSTwo is worthless nowadays

is the eshop still up?

I am the greatest hacker

Anyone has had problems formatting a microsd card?

Apparently fucked up with Windows formatting it (it was showing it to be 1mb), so put it in phone to format it. It correctly shows 59.47gb but now it can't be identified properly by windows, says the format is RAW.

This is unnecessarily difficult. Gparted in Linux doesn't work with it either. It doesn't help that I need root for my phone to format the card to FAT32.

Also maybe the old usb sd card reader is at fault? It's an old "telus" usb sd card reader.

You need a newer USB sd card reader. I had the same exact problem.

actually, I AM

There is a program around that programs it to FAT32 no problem check the last thread

I also can vouch for the Acekard 2i, but i may be dating myself here. What DS cards are better?

And wait it isnt garbage? The having to exit the GBA app to save thing sucked but it was really just a minor thing

The performance is just bad, and there's no reason to use it when a hacked 3DS can do the job better with VC injects.

Youre both wrong. I'm the REAL greatest hacker

me

Yeah i forgot that we arent on the DSi here. Is there cheat support with vc injections?

Downloaded the "Home Screen Theme" DLC Item in the freeShop, but my 3DS keep rejecting it ("You saved 183 themes too many"). How do I use them?

DQ VIII LEAK FUCKING WHEN????

Okay now my 3ds crashes when going to the 3ds sound and clicking on the homebrew opener.. Am I fucked?

Thanks. Any recommandation for one?

It's not detecting the sdcard anymore.

Not immediately, though I guess you could use a trainer.

What part of the guide are you even on? If you downgraded to 2.1.0, no part of the guide after that requires you to use soundhax or the homebrew launcher.

READ.

twitter.com/RedEyeX32/status/818524431483998211

If it's the SD card reader go to Wal-Mart there's a 3in1 reader for like 6.99 right now I used it and it worked perfectly.

Anybody have a cheat database for NTR?

Do you have a 64gb+ microsd card?

yup, bought it from the same place when I got the reader.

I was following the guide on 3ds.guide to install arm9loaderhax, and got to the part where you have to go to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin. The page never loaded, and my 3ds froze up. Upon restarting it, the power button flashes blue for a second, then goes out. This happens regardless if there is an sd card in or not.
Am I fucked?

if you read the guide, it tells you what to do if it doesn't work.

Any modern microsd card reader should work.

I managed to get mine working using some shitty freebie I had lying around. The left adapter in pic was the one I used for all SD and microSD until now. But then I got a 128GB card and windows would only read it as 31GB with that adapter. My phone was able to read the full 128. The shitty adapter barely holds the card in but it worked enough to format the full size to FAT32.

>DSTWO in CFW age
It's overpriced, drains a shitton of battery just for being on the slot, and GBA injections are better. There are many other cheaper options without shitty battery drain that gets the job one on a 3DS with Luma.

>still caring about secondary kickass entrypoints with CFW on the fucking door

>1) There's only a few scenarios where they'd detect and it'd still need individual analysis. The NNID has a pretty shit integration and holy shit who thought doing validation locally was a good idea?
> 2) Now that could raise a red flag and I've even heard rumors a year ago that some people got banned for playing MHX online, but given the lack of repercussion I think it'd bs. As far as we know it's safe.

ntrplugins.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Plugins

>normies

Can a modded Vita play PS4 remote play games without needing a PS4 or the game?

Not sure that the troubleshooting page can really help me here. I can't boot into Luna or Hourglass

So, a friend of mine was hacking a 3ds, but after finishing downgrading to 2.1 the SD lost its format and with that the backup for his nand.

Is it possible to continue the a9lh installation or is he fucked?

help pls

down for maintenance

I'm in the process of copying the 3ds starter.zip folder back into the sd card after deleting the old one, but it will replace the boot.3dsx file. Is this okay? I'm just trying to start this thing and I don't want to fuck up. It's just replacing the file with another file of the same name. Should I keep both but rename one? I'm just asking for some clarification so I don't spaghetti.

thank you

yeah thats the biggest thing I was worried about I always replaced the files when it asked and it worked for me

The friendcodeseed_b.bin will only work on one console, yeah? As in, we can't all be using the same one?

ive done cfw on 2 3ds's and want to do it on a 3rd now but this one is my main 3ds where ive made purchases and such. is there any possibility of cfw getting detected by nintendo and banning me from playing online, using the eshop or anything like that?

I can't comprehend this. I need help.

no, you can have as many consoles using the same one as you want

I'm still using the public one from over a month ago on my banned console and it's still working

>Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

what's the story behind this?

Getting really tired of this meme

download luma3ds.7z, there will be a file called arm9loaderhax.bin and place it in the root of your sd card

Is this the folder that was named something else on github? Release or something? It should be in there.

I don't know how that retardation got in there.

owo whats this

Thanks.

Do you happen to have a link?

no gaems

>Codebase for Nintendo 3DS modded-FIRM("CFW"), for both Old3DS/New3DS. This also includes ctrserver, which is a network server which runs on the 3DS. This codebase originally started at roughly December 2012 - January 2013.

how you guys inject gba games onto your 3ds? And yes i have CFW

My Sysnand and Emunand were both linked because I was too dumb to notice sooner and I read the only way to fix it is to format the system memory on the Emunand. If I do this will it wipe the Emunand and only leave me with the Sysnand, or will it just give my Emunand a blank slate?

So this is basically Palaantine CFW, right?

i have followed the 3ds.guide to a T but am now stuck when I'm supposed to select DSP Dump from the Homebrew Launcher, I don't have that option anywhere...

make your own or just install cias

Palaantine was yellows8 private CFW that leaked?

jii.moe/SJpip2WUg

That's what I'm guessing.

sighax when?

Yes

The guide will tell you if it's something that's not supposed to be overwritten. If it doesn't say anything then it's fine

i have the cias but where exactly do i install them then

Is it me or is Pokemon SM kind of garbage on o3ds? Talking about the loading times. I was wondering if it was just because of my theme though.

anywhere you want, but I use the CIA folder

user if you made it this far you should've installed some cias already

im just a big newfag right now

/hbg/, is it possible to make the PS3 play Blu-Rays from all regions (and DVDs too would be nice)? I have recently moved from Europe to Murrica and have a lot of BDs that I can't play on a hand-me-down PS3 that I got here.

I don't even care that much about piracy that much, I'm a PC gamer mainly and the few PS3 games I want I can buy, but I would really like an all-around all-region BD and DVD player. I know there are sites that sell modded BD players that do exactly that, but fuck paying them $150 for a player with void warranty if I can do it myself with a PS3, with the bonus of being able to play vidya on top.

Then you didn't download the dspdump.3dsx and put it in the 3ds folder like you were supposed to.