What's the cheapest way to reach 400 crank horsepower in a rwd coupe?

What's the cheapest way to reach 400 crank horsepower in a rwd coupe?

No nitrous and bonus points if naturally aspirated.

stroke

Buy coupe with ls2

swap in a 400hp engine

turbo da engine m8

hotter cam, long tubes, better intake

>turbo
thats an alternator you fucking retard

WRONG! its a turbo faggot

lrn 2 car

Ls1 with LS3 cam.

LS2

I already have a LS1 at 300rwhp but it's gonna take at least a sizable cam to get to 400 HP+

SBC would take less than 5k to make 400

thanks for the (you)

>haha jokes on them i was only pretending to be retarded

Junkyard 5.7 and cam could easily be done for less

Being this new

Nitrous
If you know what you're doing and know how to tune, nitrous one of the easiest and cheapest ways for big hp gains while still being tame on the street.

If you have MTOD, Engine Masters has a video where they add nitrous to a stock engine and they explain the basics pretty well. You'll still want to do plenty of reading. There are 100s resources on adding nitrous to a street car

Port your own heads

LS Swap or Small-Block V8 swap. It's still as much as 10 grand, but that's what it takes.

You're gonna need a stock lazy n/a v8 then
>turbo
>exhaust
>intake
>injectors
>cams
>tune

Ls1 plus trans and other shit usually is like 1-2k AUD so I imagine even less for op.

Ditch the lt1 do a LS swap and chuck a cam in while your at it and if you need more that 400 go eBay turbo or 5.3 and a used turbo.

Motor trend have this shit down to a t just go watch all their LS videos but stay away from the 4lxx GM auto trans go turbomatic or manual.

How new?

>eBay turbo

No.

Buy an old truck turbo, either Holset or Borg, much cheaper and tough as nails.

>10 grand
Come on, guy

>Stage 5

LS and camshaft that barely allows you to idle.

If you don't want to do a V8, superchargers are normally much cheaper and easier to install. Get a pulley kit and an eBay intercooler if you need it.

Don't know where he's from but in the UK an LS swap will run up to and sometimes over 10kGBP

>tfw $500 and an afternoon in the US
They put the iron block variants in so many trucks that it is super easy to pull one from a junkyard. The crate motors with aluminum blocks are still expensive though.

This is still pretty cheap tho

n e w

The iron block LQ9 makes 402 hp factory stock. Less than $2k with transmission at most yards.

VORTEC LQ9 from niggerlade + ported heads + machined true to square head and block + air filter delete
Only way to get waaay cheap is if you're a machinist with access to a shop

I thought all LQ9's produces 340ish stock?

I'm lookin at the Wikipedia for those and it looks like you could get one of those millions of GM iron truck blocks for cheap, put some heads from a better engine on it, and run premium fuel with higher compression and you could easily get 400HP-450HP for cheap.

Same for the weak and restricted V8s out of the late 70s and 80s Vettes, Camaros, Firebirds, etc.

Build your own 350 SBC

there's $1400 400HP builds all over the Interweb

@16511379
no (you), shit bait

Hello newfriend

LQ9 IS BEST CHEAP GOD TIER POWER HOUSE

>crank powered turbo
thats a supercharger dumbass

Ive seen people get about 530 hp out of just porting the heads and intake with a $400 cam swap on a ford 460. You can pick one of those up with a c6 for $600

sbc with heads cam and intake

Its a meme

Sounds like Chevy is definitely the answer. But what about a $2000 1996-1998 Mustang GT with a used centrifugal supercharger?

Turd gen Camaro/Firebird and an LS1/T56

HEY! look at the new fag.

Don't even bother with the ls. Get it with a 350 and cam that fucker

All the 350s are 4 speed autotragics though. It'll be much easier to put a T56 in one that was already manuél anyway, and the stock T5 and 7.5" rear end won't reliably take an LS either.

Ausfag here we can't give the 5.7 away

Did cash for clunkers kill a bunch of ls1s or something?

LS-whatever.

What's the mosf expensive way to reach 400 horsepower in a RWD coupe?

Building something from scratch using only the most expensive materials and paying for all the R&D yourself.

At 300whp, you're not far from 400 at the crank.

>10,000 good boy points
Shit I'm gonna have to stop cashing them in for tendies

oops i meant to say rwhp

its so easy to get stupid power out of a LS 400rwhp+
>Big Cam
or
>Blower/Turbo
or
>Turbo Cam + Forced induction

Apparently F/I needs bottom end (con rods and pistons) and head work (valve springs) but ive seen videos of old 5.7 and 5.3's running 500rwhp+ on boost for ages

depends on the motor, milage and how its tuned/setup i spose like anything you gonna have to spend big money to get a reliable setup i was gonna go with a 228 238 cam but its pretty expensive to do here in aus and my motor has high milage on it and needs rebuilding first.

Still i reckon op should do a build like this

>LS1 + big cam
>T56 + big clutch
>400rwhp+
>???
the trans and box as a package should cost more than 1-2k with decent milage on them then go to town on it.

a big cam is the easiest.

>Implying you would know anything about a turbo

>newfags calling others new

BBC
>being able to say this without triggering /pol/

why no nitrous?

>GM fangirls will defend this

What's wrong with that? It's dope. Eat a dick.

Fox Body Mustang with a stroked and built 5.0

I think around $5,000. You can get a Fox for basically 900$

>Acquire clapped out Paccar from the late '70s
>Make sure it has 12v-71
>Replace cylinder packs
>You now have 450HP in something with 2 doors and is 4 wheel drive

>bmw 335i
>10k for a decent one
>40% e85 tune
>$150
>380 whp

Buy a used challenger without a warranty

bonus points at the cool-kid table for having a supercharged 2-stroke V-12

He literally said No nitrous in his post mate.

Is there a general guide for these things? I want some overview and would love a single mostly correct source.

Jesus, was brexit that bad for ya?!

>alternator
>