Why the fuck are they so expensive?

Can someone explain why are they cost upward of 50k$?!I know about muh legendary reliability,muh versatility,muh easy to fix,muh ak-47 of cars.But c'mon,it should cost around 15k-20k$ not 50k$!

but everything you posted adds up you know
plus entry level luxury

toyota meme tax

Workmate stripper version is $45k(USD) in Australia.

This and only this.

>op is a poorfag
yikes

Because they are guaranteed massive sales every year no matter what
Toyota knows this

Also my government gives big tax refunds to primary producers, fleet owners etc etc who buy these so farmer Joe in reality only pays 60k for his 100k lc

Supply/Demand and the reasons you listed.

This too we pay fuck all for ours.

average price on ebay is way under $20k.

don't get the 4 door it's ugly af, it's expensive because middle easterners love them, they are not worth it

You pay for what you get with cars and with the Toyota Land Cruiser you are paying for nothing but quality.

If you want a cheap 4x4 go buy a jeep then tell us all about how it is as good as a land cruiser it just needs multiple things fixed first.

They're so expensive that most people will be afraid to actually off road them so after 15 years they're still mint and we get to import them for $20K
>so that your friends mom can daily it and never take it out of 2WD

get a uaz hunter
1) about $9000 new so no fucks given offroad
2) 128hp petrol, 113hp diesel that can be fixed with stoneage tools
3) part time tc and 5 speed manual
4) aggressive gearing
5) perfect approach, breakover and departure angles
6) looks badass

add the cost of a winch, underbody protection and a rear diff locker of any sort and youre ready to conquer the darien gap

I hope Toyota has the sense to start selling these in the UK now that land rover has dropped the defender and only sells meme cars now

2 door is ugly af

get your eyes checked m8

This,

If they sold them in NZ I would jump on it just for kicks.
Mahindra makes new jeeps/landcruser type things but not road legal...

>2015: The Land Cruiser 70 will be produced in Ovar, Portugal in an updated version from mid 2015 onwards for export to the African market.[8] However, the model won't be reintroduced to the European market because its engines are not emissions-certified in Europe (in spite of the 1VD-FTE being available for the Land Cruiser 200 in a twin-turbo version).
Basically every single one from 2015 onwards is horse shit

Not made in JDM = Crap

Base f150 is like 20 something thousand so I don't think they could sell them here as anything but a more expensive wrangler. If you had a loaded version it seems like you might as well step up to a 200 series cruiser

That's just what they're worth. Try cross shopping them with the nearest competitor (the now discontinued Defender and the current G Class).
There's nothing really else on the market apart from maybe the lighter duty povo pack mid size utes.
Or, you get what's practical for your situation as opposed to form>function.

If you're not slogging through 3rd world conditions every day you don't need a land cruiser. Go buy a wrangler unlimited and you'll be fine.

i drove an old 31514 with a refurbished 3rzfe, 5 speed mitsu auto and an isuzu tc. That car was a fucking frankenstein of a vehicle stitched together from different car parts(toyota axles, mercedes steering pump, GAZelle heater), but the only thing that required special attention was the attrocious 20+ year old shitjob of a paintjob that kept rusting through and i had to change both driveshafts twice.

Doug DeMuro already covered this, guys. Honestly, watch his video.

Plus kinda everything that everyone in this thread just said.

If I was tata I would ship all the defender chassis tooling to India insert a tractor motor and stick a pajeet-steel body on top.
You could undercut the LC70 in every market.

The main reason people buy the 70 series is because it isnt a poorly built cheap piece of shit guaranteed to rust apart in 10 years

Fuck off, Doug

>conquer the Darien Gap
Kinda hard to do that when the drug cartels steal the truck for their own use and kidnap you for the lulz.

i've actually heard its not that bad. and losing a uaz isn't that bad

by selling you a reliable, proven car they are cheating themselves out of possible future sales driven by low quality and planned obsolescence. That has to be accounted for in the price.

This.
That's like the opposite reason the now 30 year old 70 series Landcruiser is still sold to a welcoming market today.
Mahindra makes a cheap, cheerful tray back that kind of looks like a mini-me to the VDJ79 that's sold on the Australian market at almost 1/3rd of the price of the Toyota. Even comes with a factory rear difflock (the Cruiser has them at both ends, although either needs to be optioned or a higher end GXL model selected).
The Mahindra also uses an old Peugeot diesel four cylinder that's half the size of the diesel in the Cruiser.

won't happen
>muuhhh emisshuns
>muhh safetay

we actually love the two-door ones more
they sell here for around $7-8k
t. sandnog

Diesel ones are rare and no longer made.

Also, Patriot is better in pretty much every way.