/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>looks fantastic edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>user's water bending Honda
youtube.com/watch?v=AlZefybi4PU&feature=youtu.be

>Echofag's & Shingu's idle
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qfPbqECh6Pk
youtu.be/7d8HTabqsvU

>Shingu's Yonaka demo
youtube.com/watch?v=D54TSvz0xxM

>user's 1999 TL startup
youtube.com/watch?v=tOO2wne9wRE

>Friendly reminder to drive safe everyone!
youtube.com/watch?v=ytnl2U0Q_s8&feature=youtu.be

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JjVqILN00KI
civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/301892-idle-surge-solved-everyone-please-read.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Join the collage user.

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

Best NSX

about intakes...
would it work okay if i routed the 'mouth' of it to the front grille just like toyota with their 2GR in the sienna?

Should be fine. EG Si bro did it with his car with the OEM intake.

I agree. But surprising to see two clean white 2nd gen TSXs only a block apart from each other.

Idk man first gen was pretty good. I'm still butthurt how they didn't call it HSX (hybrid sport experimental)

Yea I don't see why not.

>HSX

Can one of you give me the picture of the Civic Wagonvan with the sakura tree in the foreground thanks.

I think that's el sable's car. Don't have the pic though.

4plebs dot org / o

>thermostat stuck closed during work

Fuck. I know that's it because the top hose was hot and the bottom one just warm.

>no scrapyards near me for cheap parts
gotta keep searching
too many good ideas to go to waste

Hey guys a friend and I have both chipped in and bought an Integra with a GSR swap
We're thinking of doing a cheap turbo setup, what should we get? I'm thinking a ~235 @8-10 PSI, y'all think the stock B18 can handle that? Any suggestions on kits?

Buddy said he doesn't even have a thermostat in his D series so I'm doing the same thing. Took the cutters and hollowed it out just so it can hold the gasket in place.. If his ZC that is raced regularly can go without so can my daily D16.

a e s t h e t i c
youtube.com/watch?v=JjVqILN00KI

Absolute mad man

Are those things forged from the factory? If not, I wouldn't go over 7lbs

>tfw junk yard near me never has my car

D A N K
A
N
K

a premium of 1989.

After talking with him we've decided if we do it'll be starting with it tuned for 5 aiming for 150-170 WHP, and we'll crank it up as we get more comfortable.

Engines gonna blow past 7lbs faster by pound
It won't blow at 7 unless it runs out of oil or coolant or something is wrong with the engine, etc

Fixed it. Found a pin hole on the heater to head coolant hose. It's right by the head so I'll cut it and put it back on.

ayyyy got some new wheels for my car gonna plastie dip them red on Sunday and finished my radio install

fuck forgot the picture my b

the radio as well

plasti dip your radio and install your wheels

Nice

Double dip?
What wheels are those?

6.5 double din and i dont know the wheels are but i got them for 250 with new tires

Pretty solid deal on the wheels. Nice radio too

fuckin shingu, idle bouncing around like a kangaroo...FIX UR CAR SHINGU

been breddy busy with work, but have the next two days off. gonna wrench on the fa5, 99% sure that oil leak is actually coming from the spool valve and not the filter like I thought

Also ordered knock off mugen side skirts, mugen rear lip and hfp front lip. Brother gonna paint it for me

It's dawned on me that EGR is literally direct exhaust injection.

I DON'T KNOW HOW ;_;

I'm gonna take it to a pro to fix the idle. In other news I fixed that leak. The thermostat was most likely not broken but fuck it. I don't need a thermostat anymore.

What's the difference between real time AWD and vtm-4
What one is the best for cars built in the early 2000s?
I'm trying to get a vehicle that will do decently in snow and ice. My current and first car is a 97 accord SE. I'm not crazy good with cars and won't have much time or a place to work on the car myself so a reliable and simple Honda seems like the best option.
I now CR-Vs are pretty good, my mom used to drive one. I've also looked at Acura MDX because I like the nicer interior.

Not a vacuum leak?

Why is it leaking? Did you rebuild it half assed or something?

I feel like I should replace mine

Real time is shit and V4 is better.

I swapped over the one from the k20 head since it was the same part number and so I didn't have swap the sensors over, but yeah it was half assed because you're supposed to use like rvt or hondabond on the bolts which I'm pretty sure I didn't do.

I feel like parts don't exist for my car. My car and I are sad.

We fender liner now. One side done so far. The fasteners I got don't fit but there were some still on the car and I'm just folding the fender tabs on top of the liner so it'll stay put. Only used two fasteners plus my three mud flap screws to install this one.

Did you try Honda parts over stock?

As long as it doesn't fall off it's all good

Yep it's pretty solid. Got fasteners at the bottom of the bumper, the front end of the car just in front of the suspension, and four screwed in behind the mud flaps. Now I'm ready for the rain for the next four days.

>Product NLA
Fugg

oh forgot to say just cover the throttle body and if the car dont shut off its just whose my ep3 did the same thing lose whose tightened it back up and car had a steady idle

Haven't tried that yet. I think I will. Appreciate it, m8.

ok so what ive found for parts for head gasket replacement so far are
HSD1754, HBD1754 detoti one with bolts
valve cover bolts are like 14$
ARP has no 1.7L d17 bots that fit according to their own site so idk where the fuck too look since amazon is really vague on this and keeps showing crx bolts which are apparently too short. i don't know that much about aftermarket part manufacturers desu what should i expect from the detoti?

you probably have more parts open to you than my car.
one of these days we need to make a paste bin of known issues and aftermarket availability with recommended safe tunes

>replace
unless you have some performance and engine issues it probably is fine with the exception of wires.

7th gen has an idle issue related to throttle body and often the egr as well.
here is a thread kind of about it civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/301892-idle-surge-solved-everyone-please-read.html
now shingus might be different. idle surging like echo fags where the check engine light keeps poping up happen on both egr and throttle body issues as far as i can tell. 7th has the issue mostly with d17 because the throttle body is out in the open with a large area to collect oil and dirt. ep3 has trouble more with vacuum and hose thanks to trying to be as compact as fucking possible in the engine bay resulting in wear on e hoses allowing clearance of more dirt/oil into them as well as wearing down to the point the ends flair out in some cases.

what car tho

eBay for bolts? Try vatozone or just call your Honda dealer

>drop bolt in engine bay
Fuck.
>Try to get by hand, too deep
>Put magnet on stick, try to reach
>Get a hold of bolt, but it drops again
>Get another hold of it
>Magnet breaks off of stick and is now stuck to chassis
FUCK

Worth it?

no

Yes, 100%. See if you can get the price down a little more, but 500 bucks is a pretty good deal for those.

Gonna be putting that liner to the test boyos.

Good luck Shingman

literally more expensive everywhere else
cheapest ebay altogether is still around 120$

On what car?

Spring needs to come faster

These marks keep showing up on my car wtf

I don't even think winter is coming for me this year. It's so odd.

I think I've given up on washing my car. Every time I think about doing it, rain is coming.

Yeah what the fuck are those marks? Looks like someone rubbing an object on it.

had this happen 3 times. i have a ton of 3m tape on the magnet now.
was that combed with a wire brush

should I bother putting a k24 from an accord into a 95 Civic coupe? I can do it but would it be worth it? anyone here seen it before?

Kek
What kind of cheap magnet did you buy?

I really wanna wash my car. It keeps raining. The marks can be cleaned off but they keep coming back. I have a feeling it might be that nigger edge lord who keyed my car. But I digress, it's a beater $700 dd anyways.

Get a B16A2 for it.

If you want a fun fwd car, have the time and money sure. Just don't get it stolen. Post pic of civic?

My integra
Plan is to dip them a matte white all around because my car is red and I'm not trying to have that McDonald's color scheme
Otherwise it'll look like this which isn't bad but isn't great

Yeah the grime really shows on my car when I put a light on it. It's pretty bad.

Update on the no thermostat life. Temp moves around quite a bit but never goes past the point when I had a thermostat. I'm also running mostly water too so i bet coolant will keep it steady.

Temp is just like before if I'm idling but gets lower when the car is moving fast enough.

mfw live in az dont ever need it for the summer feels real good

This is the lowest I can get it. Pretty crazy. I question why people get fancy aluminum radiators for anything but actual track racing. Hell my buddy still runs OEM and street races his ZC all the time.

You do know it'll poke out right? Will rub when turning too

Is the offset too big?
What should I be looking for? I'm a pleb when it comes to these things.

you will need it if you run alot laps threw a hot day aslo people use them cause they weigh less at times

Have 15k bucs, need comfy and reliable sedan with manual transmission.
TL 06-08 or TSX 10-14? TSX with J35 is shit?
Which best choose?

$15k is mint tl-s money

Get the 06-08 TSX, K24 is the shit

Honda 7200rpm 4 banger> 6 cylinder

my dad had a 07 tl shit was mad comfy i fell in loved with it

>keep hearing a knock in my engine bay but only with the car idling or off

Every time I try to look for it, it stops. Super weird.

The solution is obvious
m.youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

not buy
is literally magnet taped to stick
i take tape from interior

Reply, "Who's there?"

kek

I think I figured it out. Way too much pressure in my radiator hoses. Thinking the rad cap went bad. It never even got close to hot as you saw earlier. Stayed pretty low all day.

Those hoses were hard as rock, though. Kinda scary.

Thermostat replacement soon?

Nah I think I'm gonna go without. Buddy said he's never had any issues running without in his and he knows these engines back to front. I'm gonna flush out the water in exchange for fresh coolant and if I need a new radiator cap I'll pick one up.

My best guess is the water expanded like crazy and the cap is broken so no pressure is being let out.

Off set too small. I recommend +30mm at least and 7.5" width at most. When your interested in different wheels post it here again.

Test drive both to compare comfort. They're pretty much in the same class. TL has an inch longer wheel base and weighs 10lbs more.
Imo I'd go with the TL

Awe snap wtf did you do Shingu

see
Don't worry I got this.

I think.

Honestly I feel hopeless but I'm glad I know people now at least. They gave me the day off tomorrow for some reason but my Blackworks LCAs should be here tomorrow. Hondash will be forever, though. I'm most excited about that but shipping from Slovakia is insanely slow.

Many thanks

finally ordered the piston kit - Wiseco k24/k20 12.5:1 87mm

a little scared im gonna blow up another motor, but it's kinda fun/worth it tinkering around with this shit

Forged?