Muffler Shop Welding Prices

Have you ever had a custom muffler and/or other exhaust components welded for you by a shop? If you have, what did you pay? And what do you think the price will be for my situation?

So I've just bought a new flowmaster catalytic converter and a dc sports muffler. I have a couple of plans for how I want the muffler piping to be and for a modification to the catalytic converter.

I do not want the shop to install the pieces as I'm capable of doing it myself (and so I can save money). I just want them to do the welding.

How much do you think it would cost for my plans to be completed? And if you're real good, how long will it take?

Plan #1

Plan #2

Cats are a meme. Just open header that bitch. Also don't ever write in cursive again. Almost got a stroke trying decipher what the fuck kind of Egyptian hieroglyphics you jotted down.

So do you take your own eggs to a restaurant when you get breakfast, too? Either do it yourself and use clamps/learn to weld, or take it to a shop and let them do it, preferably with their parts. They won't rape you on labor or parts, and they will have benders to do it the right way instead of piecing together parts from an auto shop.

The thing is I've got a hollowed out cat right now and the drone is starting to give me low frequency ringing in my ears.

I guess I wasn't clear; all I have is the muffler and cat. I wan't them to use their own piping/hangers/flanges/welding.

Depends on how long it takes. Labor by the hour.

So let them toss it on the vehicle as they make up the parts, it'll let them fit it better anyways, and won't really change the price much at all.

if you just need something welded... just find an independent welder who's cheaper.

I can't imagine basic welding taking too long.

I'll see what they have to say; I'm trying not to spend more than $200 for the job.

It's going to require some pipe bending so I'd like a muffler shop to do it.

generally when you go to these exhaust shops just tell them what you want. Get the car on the lift and explain what you want and how. they will give you a price, but you should haggle.

Also, what is the average quality of a local shop's welding?

Muffler shops are different, obviously nobody is going to ask them to warranty a part or "ever since" them.

I've had a local shop weld in 2 mufflers for $100 OP. The welds were adequate.

I'm saving this

That sounds like a reasonable price.

Do you know if stainless steel piping is a standard in shops doing exhaust work these days?

my muffler shop charged me 120 for a stainless steel high flow catalytic converter welded cleanly onto my stainless steel exhaust

and keep in mind i have a REALLY LOUD FLASHY LOOK AT ME AND MY MONEY IM YOUNGER THAN YOU ricer mobile

so he probably quoted me high (or what he thinks is high)

its a waste of time to tig weld a muffler

No. Ali clad mild steel is. And why you would even want stainless makes no sense to me

stainless is a lot lighter. thats a good reason.

That sounds reasonable knowing that I paid 112 for my flowmaster.

I don't know what ali clad steel is but I do know stainless is resistant to rust which I like.

>caterlitical

why do I find this so funny holy shit

$200 and you don't have hour car for a day.

depends where you go, one of my local shops gave me chickenshit welds, another shop gave me really nice looking welds.

pic is a 3" stainless I got welded up at a shop. I don't know if you're planning on using existing plumbing, but I don't know how you plan on making all the bends and shit fit. When you build an exhaust they usually do it on the car to get all the piping right.

The shop I'm looking at is a non-chain shop with a 4.9 star rating by 30+ reviews.

I already have existing piping from an ebay exhaust that I'm still going to use. I just want the catalytic converter mod to raise the whole system an inch or two and the new muffler to fit the raised piping.

Eventually I'll be coming up with all of the measurements, etc. to give to the shop. Also, I'll provide an pre-built aftermarket muffler as a template.

when i had a exhaust installed at some highly recommended shop the guys did really average welds then grinded off and cleaned them. then they checked for leaks

How much did you pay?

just get a full exhaust you pussy

>I already have existing piping from an ebay exhaust that I'm still going to use.

I don't want a one-piece exhaust if that's what you mean cuz if the pipe gets damaged, I'd like to be able to swap it out you know what I'm sayin'?