Supra Questions

Hi new to the Veeky Forums and had a couple questions about supras. I know they are great cars but why? What are the best years for them? What makes them good? How would I go about buying and fixing one up? Thanks

P I G F A T

>What makes them good?
The engine

That's about it

>engine is great
as for buying one good fucking luck
>too expensive
>almost never on sale anywhere
forget about it and move on to something else

I like Supras but they seem really over priced for anything except an automatic.

overrated

Have you ever been inside of one? It's a literal space ship with everything inside the car aimed at you and holy FUCK don't get me started on how amazing the 2j sounds.

Shut up, hipster.

soarer > supra
move on op

The market says supras are good. Therefore they are good.

Just like porsche 911s

Except it's not.

Then so are Skylines, 3000GTs, and 300ZXes.

>1jz superior to 2jz in anyway
Dumb nigger spotted

Those ARE all pigfat, though.

t. matsuda

>Implying 2jz's are rare
>Impliying the soroarer doesn't look better
>Impliying that 1jz y 2jz are that different

nigger you are just making yourself look dumber and dumber...

Says the guy posting supra pics he found on his favorite website.

That's a 2G Eclipse.

rekt

NIGGER JUST WHEN I THOUGHT YOU COULDN'T MAKE YOURSELF LOOK ANY DUMBER YOU POST THIS SHIT

Someone should be fucking ashmed they posed a 2g eclipse in a fucking supra thread gtfo

>What are the best years for them?
1986-1993
- Better styling
- Pop ups instead of whatever the fuck mk4 has
- Costs between 5-10 times less than a mk4
torque the headgasket to the correct spec and it's not a problem anymore.
If I was a broke bitch I'd dump 20k into a restomod mk3, dump a crate engine/6speed in, new suspension/engine/trans car, better look, for the price you paid for a 20 year old stock (cai +ricemods) beat to shit boyracer car.
But ya, jokes aside, I really like the aesthetic of the mk3, a lot more so than the mk4's soap box 90s oblong car. They're really over priced for the "potential" for the 2jz engine, and you're paying tens of thousands to buy a platform to mod on. I guess it's fine to like this car, but unless you've got a lot of cash just lying around then I'd abandon it.

93-96 are series 1
96-98 or 02, if its an import, are series 2
Aside from series 2 having the vvti option most of the differences are minimal and just aesthetic between s1 and s2

The US and JDM versions have some pretty big differences though if importing is an option for you

Most of the clean or well looked after mkiv's are overpriced nowdays because of collectors, but if your willing to put the work in you can always buy an auto n/a and do an engine/tranny swap yourself to save some money.

but desu I wouldn't buy one unless its what you really want, there might be other cars out there better suited to what you want and for cheaper

No one gives a shit.

At least you gave an answer.

Pretty much the best platform to build a racecar on.

>Stylish
>Strong motor
>Relatively light chassis
>2 door, RWD

But they have gone up a lot in price. Don't expect to find a manual turbo Supra under 40 grand. People know its worth.