What's their endgame?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QiVeizqbuxc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bankruptcy

this

>dump entirety of R&D funding into performance
>reviewers whinge about dull interiors

It's weird. Mitsu's always around the top of the reliability rankings but always around the bottom of cars people want to buy. It's not like they are overtly ugly or anything.

I had an '03 Lancer and it was a great car. Not super fast or exciting but neither is a Civic.

Mitsubishi has NEVER been reliable
Not ever

the motor arm is their smallest part of the company lol so i doubt it

it was just a cute little experiment that failed.

i LOVED the Galant (RWD ones) and the Evo

such a shame
Holden and Ford had the same problem, all normies wanted was muh infotainment Telsa tier crap.

Didnt matter their chassis or drivechains are basically unkillable even yanks and other countries we exported to whinged about "Dull Styling"

It's an American thing. Theirs seem to be full of problems and merely mentioning the brand itself has burgers foaming at the mouth.

Might've been Pearl Harbor, might've been their brief partnership with Chrysler which stained their reputation. Whatever the case, with exception to the NA-exclusive 3/4G Eclipse Mitsu didn't really care for the American market.

builders fixed the infamous factory problems like crank walk.

Its like suzuki, nothing they made was actually bad its just normalfags fell out of love with them and the brand died.

I think I have an idea.

>Holden and Ford had the same problem, all normies wanted was muh infotainment Telsa tier crap
They'll be getting that with the new "Commodore". Dunno if Ford will bring down the sports trim Fusion or Taurus to compete with it or if they'll leave that to the Mustang.

>people fixed unreliable cars
So they were still unreliable
That wasnt their only issue btw.

burgers are butthurt over mitsubishi manufacturing the planes used in muh perl harburr?

no wonder everybody thinks of americans as the mvp retards

people are becoming softer and softer, words hurt, guns are scary, over emphasis on safety and appearance. Mass majority of people dont want power, they want to be comfortable and look good, Mitsu is all about performance over comfort in their car design.

It's exactly why people would rather buy BMW M series over a GTR. Muh looks and safety over the performance of a GTR.

where are the pedals?

It gets even worse ill see if i can find that story GM pasta from another thread
Theres nothing wrong with the insignia its just its a massive downgrade from a literal racing engine and chassis (LS + GM Zeta)

The V6 can handle boost and the i4 loves it too, its just i think the car wont really take off here since your replacing a RWD/AWD LARGE v8 monster with a Midsize AWD/FWD Astra

I drove the fwd turbo wagon version about 4 years ago and it was a fun car with a nice interior but its no Opel Omega B with a V8 stuffed in it
Every car has "issues" its just Mitsubishi's where Subaru/Toyota Tier bad especially in the 80-90's and that ruined the brands image even though most of their cars afterwards where totally fine.

They're trying to appeal to urbanites now so who knows? It's basically a rebadged Opel Insignia.

No one here knows that Mitsubishi produced Zeros, nor would they know what a single Japanese fighter used from the years 1940-1945 would be called.

By the same logic, no one'd be buying BMW because of muh messerschmitts, but no one cares about that either.

>It's exactly why people would rather buy BMW M series over a GTR. Muh looks and safety over the performance of a GTR.

Im more of a jap car guy but to be fair they are not at all the same.

The GTR is like twice the price of an M2.

Did you just say toyota and subaru were unreliable?
And that mitsubishi is reliable?

the mitsubishi raider is a dodge dakota, they both suck shit.

Name me a normie car from mitsu that is reliable

Quite the opposite, most 80-90's JDM cars wherent that reliable, its a meme.

Certain engines especially the i4t and i6t and i6's where very unreliable
We didnt rebrand mitsu cars ever here in aus i think

Some of the MOST reliable toyotas and subarus come from the 80s and 90s you moron
A block
S block
20R
22R
Subaru GL
Subaru brat
Etc etc

the car was designed to be as light as possible

it's minimalism, you're too pleb to appreciate it

>Some of the MOST reliable
as someone who owned MOST of the unreliable ones i beg to differ m8

Mitsubishi is a lot more than a car company, so I think they can take some hard hits in their motor division before throwing in the towel. They have other endeavors to support them.

They will come back hard if Kia and Hyundai die off.

You wat?

5me
7mge

Nothing wrong with those engines unless youre an illiterate retard.
Based on your posts, i would so youre pretty retarded and have some sand in your vagina

Mitsubishi has been around since world war 2

whats the name of that car?

>Nothing wrong with those engines unless youre an illiterate retard.
>warps heads
>cracks heads
>blows head gaskits even when redone properly
>infamous for being unreliable especially the 7mgte
>literally just a shitty old inferior precursor to the JZ
>Cooling and Oil circulation on Cylinder 6 is so bad it almost always fails on that cylinder
Yeah nah its dogshit, thats why jz swaps and 1uz swaps into pre jz toyotas are so popular

It's just a render, they probably couldn't decide what works with the rest of the interior so they omitted them.

Mitsubishi has been around since the Boshin war & has been making cars since WWI

whoops meant to reply to

So you dont know how to read.
You dont know how to maintain a car
And you dont know how to prevent minor issues
Also you think a 30+ year old car should be perfect
Then you blame the car and hold a grudge against the whole brand for no good reason
Incompetent fuck

A friend of mine works for Toyota as a mechanic. There is a Mitsubishi dealer next door to his dealership and he said they downsized last year to only having two car salesmen and five mechanics. Compare that to his location which has fifteen salesmen and twenty mechanics. And yet they are still in business, somehow or another.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (aka the real deal niggas) are only allowed to have a 20% in their motor and bus corporations. they have a symbiotic relationship with Nissan (why their cars are so shit) and Daimler (why their trucks are so good)

>Boshin war
ayo hol up let me wikipedia this shit

Having nothing to do with American market

They outsell Honda by almost 60% in markets that matter

>Holden and Ford had the same problem
Is this a joke? Ford reliability has been shit for at least 15 years.

Not ugly?

Let not mention is was literally one of the worst reviewed cars of all time.

Try 30 years here in Aus.

Not sad to see them go, never ending fucking issues with ALL their cars

2006-2017 Holdens have never ending Electronics issues as well

lmao. got rear ended by one of those. i didnt even know what it was.
gf asked me and I'm like I dont know a Suzuki?

They recently launched their new aircraft. Beautiful thing.

Looks like a second gen Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero/Shogun.

I don't know who in Mitsubishi's marketing department came up with the idea of naming the car "wanker" in Spanish for the entire European market (except Spain) but I want to buy him a beer.

yeah we do thanks to king of the hill

I bought my bmw because of nazi engine technology

>2011 Japan earthquake
>Americans on Facebook and Twitter were all like "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR PEARL HABOUR"

And until this year the interior was arguably worse.

GT-Rs are nice but it's undeniable that until 2017 it was way too stiff for a daily driver. People didn't buy it because it mostly appeals to 12 year olds that only see YouTube videos of 2000HP GT-Rs and assume that's how every GTR is like.

Even Michael Krumm has said that the GTR was too stiff to drive on public roads. That's the product of a pigfat 2 ton car and putting nurburgring times above all else.

There are so many more issues with the GTR when it comes to daily driving

>Clunky transmission
>cramped interior from a Versa
>stupidly expensive maintinence

The transmission is definitely an old gen 1 design and Nissan should feel bad that they haven't done a single fucking thing to fix its myriad issues. It should've switched to a 7 speed DCT years ago and implemented a whole host of fixes in the process.

Cramped interior is a product of the packaging. I'm a manlet so it doesn't affect me but it definitely impacts reception in America and Europe.

From what I've seen maintenance is normal outside of DCT fluid and tires.

Nah Nissan just has shit interiors with no though put into them. The 911 is a physically smaller car and has more usable room on the inside

GM BTFO

They'll be bought out.
They'll probably keep existing as a company because of how Japs work but the controlling stake will be held by one of the other big jdm guys.

too old now

Mitsubishi has a bad rep in America because their two most famous cars were the 3000GT and Eclipse, both of which fell apart faster than anything else on the road in the late 90s.
The Montero/Montero Sport has always had a good name though, same with the Evo

P I G F A T
I
G
F
A
T

Porsche also doesn't have a giant transmission and transfer case sitting right behind the driver. That along with pushing the engine to an FM configuration means there's very little room despite being a massive car.

The 991 is also Xbox hueg now but it's lighter and faster than the R35.

Yes, everyone knows that the 2017 is slower. That's what happens when you make a car heavier and the suspension softer. Nissan did the laziest possible method to making the car more tolerable for daily use.

To conquer space

Cars are child's game

youtube.com/watch?v=QiVeizqbuxc

>tfw GM literally isn't even competing

honda taurus

tfw mine just hit 275k a few days ago

i just got a used Galant. The car over all is not amazing or mind blowing, if anything it looks rather boring on the inside. I do like the exterior design but it just doesnt stand out.
I havnt been able to bring it on the highway and test its performance yet since I need some new motor mounts, but in terms of looks its just kind of there and blends in
that being said my only other car experience is a 05 Chevy Cavalier and a 94 Mustang, to me the Galant is the most comfy of them all and it feels strange having all this space inside the car, like someone moving from a single wide trailer to a 2 story family house.
I like it a lot.
I asked the junk yard about Galant, and the guy behind the counter said he rarely gets them in. In fact it seems Mitsubichis in my town are non existent. I've only seen a few.

this thread prompted me to go craigslist hunting. Well shit.