What's the deal with this car ? it seems that everyone hates it

what's the deal with this car ? it seems that everyone hates it
why this car get so much hate ?

It's less green than a Challenger with a 426 hemi but liberals have their heads so far up their ass they think it's the greatest thing ever invented.

this

every single driver is a vapid airhead idiot who things they are "SAVING TEH ENVIRONMENT"

hideous`

There will never be anything more "" 'green'"" than buying a used vehicle

Prove me wrong ecotards

The production of the batteries alone puts out more emissions than a Land Rover Discovery does in its entire service life.

so you hate this car because a group of people love it?
dude i drive a ford focus from 2001 and for me a prius is in the category of the dream cars

This, and the Prius isn't free of emissions of its own, either, when at highway speeds.

Teslas aren't even that 'green' when you factor in the emissions from coal-burning power plants, and the mining/procurement and manufacturing processes that go into their batteries. At least they're fast, though. Prius hasn't got that going for it.

Get a real job then find a real car

every one of them i see on the road is doing something dumb

>so you hate this car because a group of people love it?
i hate it because its a slow dull boring pollutive (EV battery production, replacement, disposal every 5-10 years) and then it actually makes more Co2 than a ICE car because it uses mains coal fuel electricity.

The people who buy these are absolute retards they dont even get good MPG after a while like the manufactuers claim and then pass the car off to the next poor slob.

I wish they would all unintended accelerate into the nearest car crusher with the owners still inside.

The Tesla on the other hand has the right idea from the get go and actually does EV properly, none of this hybrid shite.

>2006 memes

nowadays fucking everyone from cabs to grandmas drive priuses while the libshits moved onto leafs and teslas

its a good car, extremely reliable and cheap to run. very practical and spacious too. its why its so often used in fleets. not fun at all to drive but a awesome appliance.

I don't want to hate the car for what it is, even if the value proposition it represents isn't that great for most people- the Prius really is a great example of everything that modern-day Toyota does well.

My beef with the Prius is more about the retards who own/drive them. has it right- for reasons I can't explain, every kind of shit driver can be found behind the wheel of a Prius.

>The production of the batteries alone puts out more emissions than a Land Rover Discovery does in its entire service life.
FAKE NEWS

Prius operators are so fucking stupid. They are completely oblivious to the fact that they are the problem on the roads.
When you're stuck behind one who's not going at green lights or driving 10 mph under the posted speed limit sign or getting on the freeway at 25 mph and you finally get a chance to pass them they look at you like your killing their pet dog or something.
Bunch of fucking worthless faggots!
Prius drivers are like if you gave a gun to 6 year old. it takes them about 5 seconds before they start to do retarded shit that endangers everyone around them and themselves with it ,& yet they are completely unaware .
I won't even get started about how they think they are saving the planet.

t. driver of pic related

I hear they are extremely cheap to run and reliable.
But the styling puts me off and in the end I'd rather buy a smaller hatchback.
Also, it gives off the vibe of the minivan attitude towards life, simply in sedan (or sedanhatch?), whatever it is, form, which is basically:
>I want to die already but that's a hassle and ugh my wife cheated on me again and ugh the kids won't stop screaming and ugh I got told off by my boss again, let me die already

1. Misinformation regarding the emissions produced from the batteries

2. Projection from the people who own them

It's mostly ignorance.

I'd drive one as a DD 2bh.
This would be the most economical thing in the world with an LPG installation

Fuck you! Get in the slow lane when you drive like total negligent shit or kill yourself, Fag!

It's the drivers not the car.

The car is fantastic. Great mpg, comfy enough, cheap to buy, cheap to fix.

The drivers are miserable. Liberals who think it's saving the world.

My roommates gf has that model and she is a fantastic person and just drives it because it never breaks and she fills it up like once a month.

Granted I still cringe every time I see one on the road and try to stay away from it.

t. miata driver who thinks he's fast because he redlines in 5th at 70mph

Evidence shows that hybrids and electric cars are better for the environment. If people want to feel pride in that, why not let them be?

Oh man!! You sound like a total liberal using the word evidence without actually providing any!

Thank you for this post. The car is alright. it's cheap to run and full of the typical Japanese reliability

But the people who drive them are some of the most smug bastards you'll ever meet. Either smug liberal yuppies who believe they're saving the planet or, if you drive in London 'cos hybrids are free from the city's congestion charge, smug tossers who believe they rule the roads because they ain't paid for it.

Good cars ruined by bastards who drive them

You do realise where the nickel and lead for the batteries comes from, right?

Not him but aren't the batteries neither lead nor nickel based?

Yeah and let's not forget that the Prius has a traditional four cylinder gas burning combustion engine in it just like all the "bad for johnny polar bear" cars do.
The only time it's not putting out emissions is when the car is parked , just like all cars, and when your conjesting the streets by moving around at 15mph pissing off everyone suffering behind you who has somewhere they need to be.

Should have done research because they are lithium-ion batteries. I boobed there.

But still, my point still stands, what you do think about the process of taking the lithium from the ground and putting it into the Prius' batteries? How green is it? Not much is my guess...

I hate it because it's always the pricks that drive these who sit in the passing lane doing 5 under

The kind of people who sit at a Green light and don't actually move

The people who don't do right on red

Honestly, to find out for myself I would have to research this topic for months, so I'm going to go ahead and believe in what google returns me, which says that the process of battery manufacture is not as polluting as a lifetime of a gasoline run vehicle.

However I do realize that passenger cars are a pretty minor pollutant in the grand scheme of things and I would never get a Prius or an EV for the purpose of "saving the planet".

Oh yeah your assumption is right!! Prius batteries don't have lead & nickel in them!
They are full of happy little fairys butfucking eachother and riding around on unicorns!
Take that evidence Prius haters!!

What's your point?
Surely if there is some, it's not enough to matter? Idk, I'm not an expert at this topic.

That depends on the vehicle, a new 108/C1/Aygo is more enviromental friendly than a 70s gas guzzeler without a catalythic converter.
Assuming both cars will run a certain distance in the next few years.

I got myself a 09 economy car with a toyota engine.
I need about as much fuel as a prius without a bettery.

Dude, do you forget where you are?
We're not the United Nations or a college debate society. We're an internet image sharing and forum discussion board sub-board who discuss cars and cannot agree on anything...

The Prius is good, the people who drive it aren't.

The Prius is bad. The driver are exponentially worse.

the styling of a Prius makes it look like it's about to drive right up someone's butthole and dissolve.

dont listen to them, the prius is a good car for what it is.

For an oversized suppository it's a good car!! DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

evidence also shows that you're a faggot

source: see pic

its tryhard enthusiasts that hate it for the most part

and edgelords trying too hard as well

>support your local economy
>buys toyota

because buying a Toyota doesnt give money to the dealership or whoever you bought it from now does it

I dont think anyone with good brains would buy American anyway

>Mfw live 20 minutes from Toyota plant and half of my friends work for them
Yeah fuck you if I'm going to support my local economy it's either buying Toyota's or Corvettes and I only have the money for one of the two.

At least toyotas last long...

Prius is okay. Got a couple wrecks from auction and stitched em together. Neato interior, kinda cramped if your tall. They are tinfoil though and it doesn't take much to total one.

epic,,,simply epic.,...
im not the same user but our prius has literally been to a shop once in its 9 year life and that was for a door bushing that was apparently faulty from the factory

Great daily driver as long as you get one with cruise control

the car isnt THAT bad, its a Toyota, just the people who drive it are hated

Its a car that is designed an built for people that hate cars.

They dont use liions they use nimhs

they are nickel based (NiMH

>they dont even get good MPG after a while like the manufactuers claim

Oh no, a car doesn't get its advertised MPG!
It's almost as if fuel consumption was calculated in a standard environment that can't be replicated in real life.
Those Jews I swear, you americans should all sue the shit out of manufacturers, since suing everybody is a national sport over there

reliable, comfy, good MPGs, easy to work on
what else can you ask for in a daily driver?

whats even funnier is that toyota is more american than most american brands

you have no idea what you are talking about
during the summer my prius gets even better MPGs than what the EPA said it would get

How dare you speak such blasphemous lies!!!!
The Prius batteries are powered by care bear shits & my little pony seman!!
Not nasty lead like dirty flint Michigan water!!!

Exactly
Actually, buying a used car or working to keep an older car on the road is much more environmentally friendly than buying a new hybrid or electric.
The resources that have gone into developing and producing that shinny new hybrid or electric car are really bad for the enviroment. It's been proven that driving a 60's V8 muscle car vs a new electric car, over a 10 year period (or there about), creates the same amount of environmental impact.

Plus if you're in an area where electricity is being produced by a coal burning plant, then your car might actually impact the environment more negatively than a common gas fueled economy car.

The best thing an environmental hippie can do, is maintain and drive an old economy car like an old used Corolla or Civic. Now that's environmentally friendly.

>driving a 60's V8 muscle car vs a new electric car, over a 10 year period (or there about), creates the same amount of environmental impact
Sorce?

>maintain and drive an old economy car like an old used Corolla or Civic
84.000km 107 here

I have never met a smug hybrid owner in my life. They have all been decent, nice people.

I have, however, met smug anti-hybrid people who think not having a hybrid makes them better.

Ive had the same experience

nothing worse than truckfags who think theyre cool for running a shitty tune

They're ugly but so are most cars made after 2000

I don't know why people get so assmad about what cars other people buy

I'd have to go and find the source again, but you can run the numbers yourself with only about 20 minutes worth of work on a computer. It's just emissions vs emissions + materials of vehicle.

That's not even factoring in cost of design as well. Because you figure time and money spent on the vehicle you bought could have been used to plant trees or something else along those lines.

Also if you rescue that muscle car, you are essentially recycling the materials in a way that doesn't hurt the enviroment. This can also be factored in.

And that's not bad at all, although I'd recommend a Toyota or Honda. If that Peugeot breaks at 150k and the Toyota breaks at 300k (just used these numbers for easy math) then 2 Peugots = 1 Toyota. Which means even if that Peugot gets better emissions numbers, it may still be environmentally worse.

or you recycle that shitty muscle car and it can be used to make decent cars

use the gas and repair money you wouldve used to plant some trees

and get a decent auto

No one gives a shit about that. All they care about is cost to own and operate which os low after gas savings is taken into account.

This. A Prius is the last car I'd buy but the owners never stuck out as particularly bad. Tesla owners rival Honda's in being absolute cunts, though.

>that peugeot breakes at 150.000
Actualy that "peugeot" is sold as a toyota as well.
The engine is from toyota and doesn´t tend to break at all.

It is a naturaly aspirated inline 3 displacing 1L with forged internals.
The piston speed is only 15,2 m/s and the compression only 10,5:1.

This car is known as one of the most efficient gas powered non hybrids.

I usually get 60mpg+, 80mpg is possible.

A muscle car would need several times the amount of fuel and I would need to replace parts constantly due to the high age.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I wasn't accusing you though, I personally don't care at all. Plus I never said you should buy a muscle car! It was just for comparison.
I'm just an engineering who understands the concepts.
The process of recycling creates waste on its own. Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about and you're just babbling.

the telltale sign of someone who doesnt know anything and just makes shit up

when confronted with anything that doesnt agree wit them their only defense is

>u dunno wat ur talkin about lolXD

>engineer

oh youre retarded like most of them that explains it

Maybe the reason is more along the lines of efficency.
Maybe the adult doesn't feel like explaining basics concepts and logic to an eight year old, who didn't provide any basis for his thinking, is a good use of his time?

probably because you cant explain shit and you just try to sound smart

Don't half the Ameridumbs think global warming is a myth and think this car is harming the environment with toxic batteries or something stupid?

They are practical but Toyota decided to not even bother with design but that's what you get in that price range. Just an ugly econo box with a customer base of assholes to me in the end. Doesn't stop Japan making it look a little exciting despite how outlandish the modifications are

Mental illness: the car