Lets make this thread a DUAL SPORT EDITION

It's raining right now.
Why aren't I riding?

>In with best baiku

I'm thinking of naming her Ivanka

I prefer bubba shobert edition

I like that name a lot.

Anyone else have names for their bikes?

Didn't say it was simpler than an oil change, probably takes the same amount of time though.

You're stuff, you can do as you like. I enjoy working on my bike. I like knowing everything done to it is done right. I like cleaning shit and keeping it nice.

Riding in the rain seems like a fine idea until you leave the well maintained roads and discover puddles and ruts

Yes, bikes are pretty much impossible to hydroplane

Yes, it still sucks at 65mph

I did GMRbro,
Since you last saw it it's got a GYTR slip on, MJS header, BMC air filter with restrictor removed, and a Bauce Racing derestrict and tune.

Good shit. I'm still waiting to get my cast off before I can start replacing shit on my bike.

>cast
not on the bike I hope?

Clean bike is a happy bike

rode in the rain today it was great, wind was a little annoying though
i dont understand why people refuse to ride in heavy rain
as long as you have gear its fucking fine

riding in the summer is awesome, but sersiously, this is my first winter being a motorcycle owner and im having a great time
fuck seasonal riders

Are you the same coldcock with the WR?

>this
I've rode through torrential downpours, even got caught out in a hurricane not that long ago.

As long as you don't do anything retarted it's not so bad

yes :3

Highsided on my way to work when it was raining, broke wrist when I landed. Not a whole lot of damage done, just need new bars and mirrors.

Depends on the gear, and also how many potholes and ruts you have to deal with

>accelerated out of a corner when it was raining

I'm not that smart :^) too much throttle while turning right off freeway exit.

what gloves do you wear?

That sucks. You had sliders right?

Rode in the rain a few times in these recent storms but got sick of being cold. I don't like having to clean my chain that much either.

Oh, was out riding my supermoto around NorCo/Eastvale and ran across these dudes practicing indoor flattrack racing on their Harleys before a race in Minneapolis. Stopped by and talked to them, had some beers, and watched for a while.

They buy gallons of Dr. Pepper syrup and spray it on the concrete to make it more sticky and then slide the bikes in and out of the turns.

OH LET ME SHOW YOU, AND TELL YOU TO NEVER PURCHASE FLY RACING PRODUCTS.

>hand slider
>material is that of a very hard rubber
>dug into ground on impact and fucked my shit UP

Hindsight, a stupid fucking idea to buy that garbage, did the exact opposite of what its supposed to do but it is a cheapo glove.

Getting some Knox Handroids soon.

Yeah sliders protected everything important. Muffler got scraped up a bit but not a big deal.

Wasnt around here for months. Did anything interesting happened? Whats the status of the sem?

One of my favorite memories was when it was only drizzling and I was on my home from work late at night. I didn't have anywhere to be so I took a side street. The wet streets were reflecting the lights and I just decided to let my feet slide along the wet ground. It was all very cinematic

>Did anything interesting happened?
Bunch of DRZ trolling that got banned.

Bunch of nobikes talking about shit they are cluless on.

No, nothing interesting.

Is kkk still here?

yes, unfortunately

He's hasbike again

That was my only hope

SEM will be in Northern Italy this year, probably around late July? I should really start looking at camp sites.

Burgerstan really needs to stop slacking and do a meet

Northern italy? Why? I think thats gonna be a dealbreaker for me this year. Last year was too much riding just to get there and back and this is like the same distance again. I know the alps are great but for 80% of the people its a bunch of riding just to get down there. Whny not more central?

>too much riding
That's a thing?

Too big, we just gather a few anons together in major cities.

only if you don't have unlimited time

so yes

>Why?
Because we had a poll and that came out top.
>for 80% of the people its a bunch of riding
So what do you propose? They're the best mountains around and pretty central; while everyone has to ride quite a distance, it's very similar distances for everyone. Anything that doesn't require a lot of riding from someone will leave others with 5000 km to ride.
I'll have to do around 2000 km one way, myself. So fucking what? Take a week off work, take your time getting there by breaking the trip up into like 2 or 3 day trips and use scenc routes instead of the Autobahn, stay a day or two and then head back again.

My first "big" ride that wasnt to work and back or anything was only about 100 miles round trip, but when I got to my friends house afterwards, my ass was so numb that I just laid on his front lawn on my stomach

When im 3 days out just to get there and 3 days back just to hang 2 days out thats a bad ratio. Could be more actually sem and less riding there.

pussy

250 lmao

>banned
u sure bout that?

Go ahead, start DRZshitposting lel

Where would be good though and which anons

I didn't buy it because it was fast. I bought it because it's a cheap fun fuck around bike that you can take pretty much anywhere with absolute reliability, good gas mileage, and not really give many fucks about dropping or beating on.

Also good to help people learn to ride, going to lower it a few inches for my 3DPD

Hey guys!
Dont mind me, just passing through!

Hey what bar mounts are those? I need replacements for my fat bars, they bent a bit in a lay down.

Good luck on your trip!

>f-fuck around bike
this meme seems to be the thing of shit riders with very expensive sportbikes

Sliders like this saved my palms, but it was on some pretty flat and well maintained asphalt

I have a fast sport bike and a cheap fuck around bike. I can ride in largely varied and different situations as I choose, a terrible thing I know.

I'm sorry this irks you so much Mr. Nobike. Maybe one day you can have fun on motorcycles too.

>didn't vote for sem
>complains
Unless you are fkg i don't see how it could be such a stretch

Yeah I voted...

Do you live in scandinavia?
Fuck, i waupset NI was too close
Next sem is paris-dakar, k?

>He can't ride the sportbike everywhere

Git gud

Better rider than you :^)

Sportbikes aren't so good on dirt, jumping, exploring, etc.

Maybe you'll understand when you're finally able to ride a motorcycle.

Where my burger riders at

>sportbikes aren't so good on dirt
>not having fun

It's almost like your sportbike is very expensive

It's more fun to throw around a sub 300lb bike with 10 inches of suspension travel on the dirt than it is to babysit a 400 pound bike with 5 inches of suspension travel.

You'd know this if... you know... you'd ever ridden one...

;)

nah, it seems to be a thing of skilled and NON POOR riders
i ride dirt exclusively and i still have a shitbox 125 for fucking around on...

whats the bike on the right? judging from the side engines it's another bmw?

New toy

Can anyone recommend a textile jacket that doesn't look like ass and isn't super expensive? Alpinestars has some really nice looking ones but they're a bit out of my budget.

whats your budget? what do you want from that jacket? do you ride in rain, cold, summer?

What's the point of going over bumps if you can't feel them?

$200ish, could go more but would prefer less. Just want something that doesn't look like ass and has some armor. Southern California so doesn't really get that cold or rain much.

I wanna name mine Firefly, like a small version of Fireblade. I even got the font from Fireblade logo and wrote Firefly with it, could get stickers. Sounds kinda cringy though

a little, but ive definitely heard worse

Find bigger bumps if you can't feel them.

Or just use a bike with less suspension travel.
Can you feel the fun?

But pigfat
>same hill 6 months earlier
how things change.

Mfw people think they are "entering the dark side of Japan" with 130whp

May as well ride a rigid framed bike going by that line of reasoning

Nah, that'll actively try to kill you.

post more sports bikes

looks good user, I like the tach
>them skinny forks

Anything north of ~100hp is pretty much not necessary unless the bike is mega pigfat. More torque is always nice though.

>Next sem is paris-dakar, k?
I'm up for that.

> ride from one sand people infested shithole to another sand people infested shithole
Sounds like a blast.

>mfw

>My right or their right...

They are both BMWs.

youtube.com/watch?v=llFt_7GnO-U
>squids and hooligans are just like Hitler
Seems appropriate.

I am pretty mad right now. I just spent an hour taking my RS3 can off my GSX-R 1000 and swapping it onto my GSX-R 600. I figured it would be a direct bolt on since they both use the 4 bolt pattern...but it wasn't

rip

>reading service manual
>remove carb heater connectors
>doesn't say anything about how to remove them
>not sure if I should just try to yank them off or what
I bought the manual so I don't have to think about shit like this! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

> carbs

Frame sliders can do the same thing to your bike that they did to your hand.

I need some new gear, anyone have suggestions for gloves and boots? Every pair i buy seems to last one season and fall apart.

>he didnt figure this out before wasting his time.

>carb singular
thankfully

so my bike that was stolen (i dont have it anymore) apparently had a delinquent parking ticket that i didn't know about

any reason to pay this?

My suggestion would be to buy proper gloves and boots that can also be used for track days if you ever plan on participating. I wasted several hundred dollars on meme alpinestar SMX-1 gloves and boots which not only suck, but they can't even be used for the track because they aren't full gauntlet gloves and they aren't full laced boots

Depends on your local laws. Its different for everyone but all my tickets are due to be paid by the day i register any plate. If i have fines due, i cant register a vehicle and cannot legally drive it.

Doesnt matter to me if they are track approved or not. I wont be going to a track. Nearest one is a 6 hour ride anyway. I need better protection than these thin excuses for gloves and boots im wearing now. Some comfort would be nice too.

Hey MvAnon, is that you ? Or are you the cbr rider ?

If you bought a factory service manual it is usually aimed at professional mechanics or people with experience so they won't waste time on the little details like that. Anyway i assume it is just an electrical connector so just find it and unplug it

Mx boots