2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

Amerifats are now focusing on weight reductions. SRT Demon to be 200lbs lighter than a Hellcat.

>Hellcat 4500lbs
>Demon 4300lbs
>top kek
>Not as fat as before Edition.

Brilliant work amerifats.

How the fuck? FCA is doomed they need to ditch that shit chassis and move over to the quadrofolio chassis

knowing that there will be a slow progression in terms of weight reduction with each and every year

why would anyone buy the first one?!?!?!

why wouldnt you wait until they have it at least 900 pounds lighter than the origional

200 lbs lighter could be done by taking out that shitty interior and changing the wheels and tires

they probably took the spare out of the trunk and saved 40 pounds right there

ITS A NEW CAR GUYS

take things out of hellcat

ITS A NEW CAR GUYS

>jesus christ-ler logic

Porsche does the same thing and I don't see you losing your retarded spaghetti over that.

Exactly. I could do a better job than they could and I wouldn't even have to gut it.

>spare tire delete: -40lbs
>rear seats delete: -50lbs
>forged wheels: -15lbs a piece (stock wheels are 30lbs each)
>aftermarket driver/passenger seats: -30lbs each

That's 200lbs right there lmao.

because they are light to begin with

4500lbs is as heavy as a full sized fully loaded twin turbo v8 mercedes with night vision and massage seats

4300lbs is still heavy as fuck and in no way as significant as 200 pounds off of 3000lbs total weight

Porsche, lambo, bmw, etc pretty much any auto manufacturer making their sports car trim faster.

AND they charge you more for it.

And the car will probably last longer too. Less strain on the tranny, suspension and motor.

How the fuck can a 2 door non luxury coupe be so pigfat heavy?

Wow another POS fiat

FIX
IT
AGAIN
TONY

It's still called the Challenger, it's a new trim. Also I'd bet money on other things besides weight shaving

it's xbox hueg

Amerifags don't really care about weight in their diet or sports car. The average 4 door family sedan is around 3800lbs. Then factor in a larger engine, heavy 20" wheels, bigger chassis, larger interior because diabetes, and a bunch of other shit you don't need and it's surprising it's only 4500lbs.

When I was in Texas visiting my gf, I literally saw a truck "Texas XL edition" or some shit. Like what the fuck.

>Dodge Demon, originally an A body (compact for you Fordfags) had smallblock engine

>Dodge Demon 2017
>supposed to be a muscle car
all my wat

FCA please stop recycling nameplats for boomer credit

>>rear seats delete

the only difference is that those cars are way faster, way more beautiful, way more exclusive, and hold their value better than a dodge

Keep in mind it's based on an ancient Mercedes platform, so you can't completely blame amerifat engineering.

I had forgotten about that, user! My sides thank you for reminding me of such a hilarious fact.

>weight reduced.
>still weighs the same as a minivan

Beauty is subjective user. And faster... not by much.

The point is that weight reductions work in riced up civics and high end supercars.

Ask mercedes who forced Chrysler to buy the platform in the first place.

Who then looted all the cash from Chrysler before they sold off the bones to Cerberus, who then sold it to Fiat for a dollar.

>because they are light to begin with
>Implying an even heavier car doesn't benefit more from weight reduction

It's a 2 door coupe, are the rear seats really gonna be missed especially if you daily the car by yourself?

Hellcats are 11 second cars, stock.
Talking shit? Post your slips.

The ancient Opel omega b platform and the gm zeta it was based off was only 3600-3800lbs

There is no excuse for a 3900lb+ car