Only work 3 days a week (12 hour shifts)

>only work 3 days a week (12 hour shifts)
>make at least $20/hour

What should I do? The only thing I can think of is nursing.

x-ray tech

Suck dicks.

its really only jobs in medicine that you can do that

paramedic, RN, surgical tech, or x-ray tech can all fill your criteria.

btw the idea is that you're supposed to get a second job or do an assload of overtime since you're only working 3 days a week.

I don't mind a second job during holiday season. But fuck working 5 days a week being an office cuck.

production maintence,. IE 2 year mechanical engingeering degree. every position i have applied for had that schedule.

I was looking into that today actually but found nothing specific to that at any local community college or tech school. Closest thing I found was 2 Career Studies Certificate programs at my community college. One in Mechanical Maintenance and the other in Electrical Fundamentals. Would those help any? Is this what you do?

Also looking up on Indeed, none of these jobs are entry level. One requires 8 years experience, the other 15, etc. Fuck that. Did your school help you find an entry level position?

look to see if any of your local colleges have coop programs. thats gererally how you enter into the field.

Right now I work at a plastic plant. Within a year I will be operating the machines and doing quality control. Do you think that and these 2 certificates will help? I'm only making $17/hour. I work 12 hour shifts but it's 5 days one week 2 the next and I can't stand the schedule.

I work Monday, Tuesday, then Fri-Su one week. I do nothing but sleep. Then Wednesday-Thursday the next week. The first 2 days I'm pretty much tired and lazy. I basically get a 3 day weekend every other week to have fun. I'd rather work 3 days a week like my Brother does. He makes $20/hour but I was hoping for a little more.

With my experience as machine operator and quality control and those 2 certificates, would I be able to get a job as Quality Analyst, machine maintenance, etc.?

I will also be asking to get OSHA certified on forklift even though they have no positions. Anything I could do OSHA wise? Do they have online certificates I can study for?

yeah I hear you, I used to work 5 days a week and I fucking hated it. I work as an EMT and my schedule right now is
mon: 0900-2100
tues: off
wed: off
thurs: 1600-0000
fri: 1000-2200 (kind of annoying to have only 10 hours off but its a real do nothing shift where there's almost never any calls so I can just sleep)
sat: 1500-2300
sun: off

I'm starting up school in January and I'm moving my schedule to work 12 hours on fri, sat, and sun.

I've considered EMT but they only make $12/hour here. Fuck that. It's a quick course to complete though.

Pharmacy tech in hospital

I'm not an attractive female though. I'll look into it.

Yeah that's why I listed paramedic before, and not EMT. I started at like $11.50 (though I am getting $14.25 now a year and a half later) medics make around double. You have to really be passionate about this stuff to go that route though.

Being an EMT really isn't all bad though, work is different every day, you're on the road away from shitty office politics, hardly ever have a supervisor breathing down your neck, and the shift goes by extremely fast. The only thing that sucks is the pay.

I've been living at home saving most of my money for school, but if I had to live on my own there would be very little to save.

how long have you been working? maintanece posistion usually reqire 4 years manufacturing experience(any will do) and remember years of experience is what the company would want ideally. I got an interveiw at a place with no experience just and assosiates in electrical engineering. nothing bad can come of applying places every once in a while.

How long would it take to move from EMT to Paramedic? Any additional college or just on the job training?

>$12.00/hr
really? wtf.

On and off of manufacturing/distribution jobs the past 3 years while working primarily for Father's janitorial company. But he closed down and got a job. What's your starting pay?

around here (north carolina) its $19/hr and up

The paramedic class is usually 2 years if you do it part time and 1 year if you do it full-time. In addition to time in lectures and labs you'll have to do a significant amount of volunteering as a student with a paramedic. The frustrating part about that is that to sit for the exam you have to have been on a set number of call types. Like you assisted on 4 cardiac arrest 6 intubation, 2 pediatric intubation, etc etc. Some people I work with actually do the 1 year class AND continue to work as an EMT full time. God only knows how.

It's generally recommended to work as an EMT for atleast a year before starting medic school so you have 2-3 years experience when you promote.

Yep, it's very frustrating. For instance a firefighter in NYC starts at about $75,000 a year. An EMT with the FDNY starts at $33,000. Not saying the firefighters don't deserve that but do they really think we do less than half of what they do? And that's a municipal agency ffs.

>Not saying the firefighters don't deserve that but do they really think we do less than half of what they do?
They risk their lives trying to save people and property.

That is like 1% of their job, if that.

Hospitals are not retail. Noone will see your face when you are compounding drugs covered head to toe in garb in the clean room. You will interact with a lot of attractive females

I feel you. My relative is a firefighter. Movies and television glorify firefighters. Don't get me wrong they are life savers, but the putting out a burning house rescuing a child scenario is like a once a year thing if that or the pulling someone out of a crushed car with a jaws of life. Most of their job is usually training or responding to 911 calls. Even small fender benders require a fire truck.

>Even small fender benders require a fire truck.
Where I live, in the U.S., the police won't even come out to make a report if there is a fender bender, or really any accident where neither vehicle is rendered immobile.

guess it depends a lot on where you live

So I work EMS in the suburbs immediately north of NYC. My company does EMS for a bunch of the municipalities but I do 911s in two of them, Yonkers and White Plains. The differences in how the emergency services operate between the two cities is pretty huge.

For instance in Yonkers the fire fighters are the best paid in the state and they boast a very impressive number of staff and vehicles. The thing is though that the number of structure fires has generally been on a downward trend since atleast the 1950s, and that trend has increased sharply in the past couple of decades. But the fire department needs to justify not just maintaining its budget, but also increasing it. So when working in Yonkers you'll get a fire truck dispatched to almost every medical emergency so they can turn around at budget time and say LOOK AT HOW MANY CALLS WE HAD, WE NEED A BIGGER BUDGET when 9 times out of 10 the firefighters were not needed so we cancelled them just about as soon as we got on scene, they were there maybe a minute before us.

In White Plains we really only ever see the fire department for bad motor vehicle accidents, or if we need them to help us carry someone out like if they're really fat or stuck in something. Otherwise they spend the rest of their day sitting in the firehouse polishing the trucks.

I've noticed a lot of differences with the police too, in the NYC area police departments are very big into having something called ESU, which are elite cops that have some medical and swat training. They mainly get sent to mental health related calls. I've noticed the white plains cops are a lot more patient with the emotionally distressed people than the yonkers ones. I guess the departmental culture really plays a huge role.

Here, any car wreck reported sends out a firetruck, rescue squad, and police officer regardless of the severity. If you call 911, you get the full package. Seems like a waste of funding but it's a small county and I guess they got nothing better to do.

ITT
the people who will save my life earns min wage and work long shifts with little sleep
t. worried commie