I couldn't find bike general, so

I couldn't find bike general, so.
I'm looking for a standard bike, The oldest one I'm prepared to get is early 80s, preferably newer. I would like it to have at least 25 HP and weigh 170kg wet at max.
I'm thinking about Kawasaki CSR 305, 30hp and 164kg wet. However, the rear end of its' frame is too choppery for me. What would you recommend, anons?

cb400ss?

yurop here, I don't think it's available here

Ninja 250.

Yami SR400? It will be glorious to kick-start the engine, OP! :^)

Chop up the frame and/or look into after market seats.

An EX250 has 37whp and weighs 170kgs wet. Pull off the fairing or other unnecessary parts, or get a lithium ion battery. It's probably the most powerful 4 stroke at or under 170kgs.
Source: owned an ex250 for three years. Fantastic bike for what it is.

>EX250
>37whp
>most powerful four stroke under 170kg

Pre-gen Ninja 250's make 35 at the crank, not 37 at the wheel. Also pic very related, along with its sister bikes. 45hp @19k and ~150kg

OP is looking for a standard bike.

>45HP

Might as well put clipons on a moped.

I wasn't replying to the OP though.

Triumph Bonneville

And yet it will still go 0-60 faster and handle better than 99% of the cuckmobiles Veeky Forums drives.

They're not easily available in many parts of the world. Particularly Canada and America.
Would love to have one though.

Then Kawasaki ER 5 could be gut for u (or one of its r.cousins Honda CB500 or Suzuki GS500). Its a bit heavier than u want but its a good bike.

Also has around 35kW (50hp)

Find yourself a nice Honda CL400. 30HP, 152kg wet, kickstart as well as electric start.

Same engine as the XR400, absolutely bullet proof air cooled single.

Awesome bikes, will go anywhere, do anything, run forever, cost you next to nothing to maintain.

Ninja is pretty cool, but I don't want a sport bike. Looking for the casual, smooth cruising through the city feel, not wannaberacer.
too fucking expensive
That's what I'm gonna do if I don't find any better option, welding and chopping makes me a bit uncomfortable tho, I don't even know where I can get frame parts, polish poor country here, importing stuff like that would probably cost shitload of money
seems like an reasonable option, ofc unavailable in yurop, more bikes like this?

I don't know about that, I'm gonna have lots of free time during February and wanted to try my strenght in modifying it in a Scrambler/Brat style, that's why CSR's too loopy end is bothersome

bump

ex250 is b a standard with a fairing in terms of geometry and handling

wut, there is no such thing like ex250 standard, prove me wrong

The ex250 is literally a standard with a fairing.
So is a Katana.
And the Interceptors.
And the SV series.
Sport standards are probably the best of both worlds. Fairing to protect you from the wind. Bar stool seating. Most sport tourers are pretty much the same thing. Some come with luxury options.

In reality, motorcycles are more on a spectrum than specific categories.

>80s

How much do you like spending money? How much do you like wrenching?

A bike that old most likely needs new rubber everything, a good once over for the electrics, a new chain, a new sprocket, a paintjob, and a suicidal disposition because older disc brakes were always kind of shit and drum brakes are fucking useless. They often sit instead of being ridden and maintained regularly on top of that, so the rear drum might be seized. Bring a compression tester too.

Also please avoid trying to chop shit up until you've been riding long enough to know what you really want. That loopy "choppery" rear end of the frame is actually very convenient for things like bungee nets and cords, and you won't know what you're missing until you don't have a good place to hook them around on the bike and need to safely carry a backpack or whatever. And depending on what polan does, it might also be a legal requirement for carrying passengers (it's a grab bar).

> scrambler cafe racer faggot is too dumb to use the catalog and find the /dbt/
Color me surprised.

quality post, thank you user
I do like wrenching, I know about the things you wrote but there's no such motorcycle I want that's newer or I simply havent found it yet

>seems like an reasonable option, ofc unavailable in yurop, more bikes like this?

They're available in europe, they're just hard to find.

GPZ550

don't be a faggot, you can handle it.

maximum power of the bike I can ride with my license is 48 hp, so its no good
ugly as fuck, btw

Why do you nobikers always get memed into these ancient piles of shit? There are so many good, cheap, and reliable bikes that aren't 30 fucking year olds. Go get a Ninja 250 or a Ninja 500 for fucks sake

Holy shit, that's AESTHETIC
I need it