Wassup Veeky Forums. Im gonna buya new car tomorow and i want to know what you guys think...

Wassup Veeky Forums. Im gonna buya new car tomorow and i want to know what you guys think. My winter beater broke (2003 crv manual) the clucth obliterated herself dans maybe it has damaged the tranny... i im gonna scrap it i paid 700$ for this truck and i dont see myslef paying 1200$ to put a new clutch or tranny in it. Anyways. ive spotted this nice 2007 police interceptor 3h from here.

It got. 4:10 gears in the back, custom exahust (this is the part i like the least). 1.5 inch dropé All the buchings in the front are poly urethane (the ad says so). sct tune. FULL MARAUDER INTERIOR. mustang rims...etc.....all this at 207xxxkm for 2100$. Should i? Or should i just get a 1000$ jap shit box. Pic related its the car

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-autos-camions/ville-de-quebec/ford-crown-victoria-police-2011/1219489090?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i mean...its a lot of car for the money

That paint is jacked and 207,000 is a lot of miles even for a Panther. It may have ten thousand idle hours on top of that too. Sounds like somebody has polished the turd up halfway decent though. Ask if he'll take $1500 before you travel 3 hours, then knock it down to $1300 because of the tons of shit you're going to discover is wrong with it once you see it in person.

You're looking at a clapped out Interceptor with shitty exhaust. It probably doesn't even have dual exhaust and he's probably lying about the ass end, and if he isn't expect problems because 3.73s are generally the highest a Panther will go without needing a reflash for dealing with the different resulting gear ratios.

Marauders have the same interior as every other Panther except they've got a silver stripe on the dash instead of a wooden one and a tach in the cluster which relocates the voltmeter into the center console- which Interceptors don't have as they've all got the shifter on the column and the area between the seats freed up for police equipment. Worrying.

1.5" drop = probably a normal CV and not an Interceptor because P71s are an inch or so higher than the normal cars anyway and saying he dropped it is an easy way of explaining that.

Got a pic of the dashboard and center console in front of the cup holders?

Is that a pack of rolling papers? lol

Those are definitely Marauder seats (you can see the helmet logo on the top flat area), but that just begs the question of WHY

Police interior was fucked I'm sure.

the tranny has been reflashed.
not 207 miles but km. Wich is pretty much what they are at when they get off service here.

bump

>dans
>buchings
>truck
>dropé

what the fuck are you

>4:10 gears in the back
these cars came with 2.73s stock with a MAX of 3.55, you're gonna be burning gas like a motherfucker

they've still only got four gears and you're gonna be running out of gears at highway speed

do you think the person who made this abortion, or anyone who would drive it, knows anything about cars?

Probably Quebecois

fair enough

You are right my friend

police pack came with 3:55s

at 100kmh your are at 2500 rpm aint that bad

So you guys are basicly saying that there is no possible way this car could be half decent and i would be better off buying a stock one?

>police pack came with 3:55s
police pack came with 2.73s. the 3.27 or 3.55 (depending on year) ass end with or without trac-lok is a separate package that had to be ordered on top of the P71 pack, just like the handling/performance pack on the non-interceptors.

didnt know that thanks. You think by putting 4:10 gears the tranny is most likely shot?

holy fuck nerd alert

if something's wrong, crown vics use the standard Ford 8.8" rear end so parts are far from hard to come by, but there's a very good chance the ass end was kludged together judging from the rest of the car and will require a rebuild anyway

also: if he put in that short of a rear gear ratio without installing a traction-lok or other limited slip/locking diff, you can expect to do one-wheel peels fucking everywhere

>give helpful information that corrects a common misconception
>be called a nerd
go back to your corvette and GT-R shitposting threads

it has track lock and the tranny has been sct tuned.

Found this one 5 min from home. kijiji.ca/v-autos-camions/ville-de-quebec/ford-crown-victoria-police-2011/1219489090?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Crown Vic best winter car

Crown Vic best car at being car. It's the best.