>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

>2017
>not a nobike
what's your excuse

Another shitbike edition
Yay shitposting... again...
Fuck...

daily reminder if you didn't start on a superpocketsport at age 4 you will always be a shit rider

Oi DRZ fags still at it

I started on a pw50.
So i already had more skill than street kiddies

i started on pic related at age 4

>keep 125 for another year
or
>buy GS500
Decisions are tough when you're poor.

Alright so "motorcycle shoes" are shit at protecting you and they're just a fashion item.

Thank you guys, I'm going to buy boots with steel ankle and toe support.

>dirtbike
weird, I don't see you in MotoGP. I see you in /dbt/

buy a godbike

kys 'I have all the cool bikes that you want' fag

>buying a suzuki
You poor dumb fool
MotoGP is for faggots

ay same here.

Baird?

Since someone brought it up, what bike did you guys start on and at what age?

Pic related, RT100 when I was 10

Yeah it's so much better to play with cheap shitbikes in dirt like little kids instead of riding literal mechanical god machines.

My progression of dirt bikes growing up:
PW50
Polini X3 50
Polini X1 50
Suzuki Rm 65
KTM 65 sx
KTM 85sx
KTM125 sx
KTM 250 SX-f
KTM 450 SX-f currently

I still own one of these.
I hoon it in the woods around my cabin
So you have no skill? Got it

Both are fun. Both good.

>projecting

Honda Z50 mini trail when I was 6. I got an RT100 a few years later, really a pretty shit bike.

Go fuck your hat.

How about an ER-5 instead?

For me it went
>some old 250 (quad but got me into motorcycles)
>tu 250 (hated it but it got me around)
>Ninja 500r (still have it, like it a lot for a shitbike and commuter)
>cbr f4i (usually ride this)
>my dads harley fatboi I can't seem to part with, even though I literally rode it once. It's ridiculously awful.

Same shit, different badge

>get GS500
>get 60$ spring upgrade
>ride like madman

GOGOGO

Yeah the RT is pretty bad

Follow your dreams user, some day you will own a million shitbikes

I disagree.
I love the old RT. Abuse the shit outta it for 22 years. Still going

maybe a little less madman

Didn't he ride a CB500?

>some day
I'll do my best, m8.

ye but there is no difference between er5, gs500, cb500. all the same shit budget bike

the RT at my parents' place is still going strong too, but there's nothing really "good" about riding it. That's not really a problem since it's a beginner bike but still

i own 6 shitbikes and that's already too many

>want to do a ride out tomorrow
>roughly 150 miles
>some incredible views
>have lunch at the inn
>take pics put on kikebook for likes
>scared of getting lost, running out of fuel

Dunno lads.

>running out fo fuel
Where do you think you are, the Gobi desert?
>getting lost
You have a phone with Google maps, right?

yeah but in the Dales there is zero reception.

It was certainly reliable, and a good stepping stone between mini bike and more serious bikes. But when you get into more serious trails the power and suspension just aren't enough.

I don't think there the same. I never seen or heard of that. So can I use a ex500 cylinder head on a gs500?

Bash your destination into your phone while you do have reception. Google maps will store the route on your phone and continue working just with its GPS. No need for wifi.

He doesn't mean it literally.

N+1 bruh

N+1

definitely not true

the optimal number is 4

Pretty muh.
Im at 3 now and want one more

Good for yall

So he's a lying cuck?

Depends on how much time you have to ride. Back when I was only working 40 hours a week I could have had more easily and have plenty of time to ride them all. Now though I have a hard enough time finding time to ride and maintain the 4 I have.

Even so I still want a tourer and maybe a sport bike, but I don't want to pay insurance or registration for two more bikes

so whats the chance of a car pulling out in front of me at a T junction?

I get nervous and my hand is over the brakes every time I see a car there and the driver is looking the other way.

I've seen way too much nasty shit on liveleak and youtube.

Anything can happen.
Always have an escape plan and slow down a bit.

>my hand is over the brakes every time I see a car there
So it should be.

chances are high, so when you see any possible threat you need to.

1. Set up the brakes/slow down, you already do this so this is good.

2. Buffer, if the car is pulling out from your right, then move all the way to the left of your lane, this puts physical space between you and the car and also improves your likelihood of being seen.

3. think of an escape strategy, can you brake in time if they pull out? can you dip into the middle of the road or the wrong side of the road if you need to avoid the car pulling out? are there any additional hazards etc.

If you do all this you can basically put yourself in a space where even if the car pulls out you are fine.

>being this autistic

oh and practice your emergency stops regularly, you should be able to lift that back wheel.

the exhaust on my bike is horribly, horribly rusted.

Tried scrubbing it, to no avail.

Would it be worth it getting a new exhaust for it?

Get a wire wheel.
What bike?

Hard to tell with so few details.

ybr 125.

are husky tools bad? i bought 12 and 10 mm wrenches today and it was less than $5. craftsman was like 7 at least for each

Pull it off and wire wheel it.
I love my husky tools. I got the texture wrench set. So grippy

Get a chemical rust spray, dissolves it. Then scrub it off, wash and polish.

My bike has nowhere to store my helmet, unless I attach it somehow. Is this a good idea, or should I just carry it around?

Magic is not an exaggeration.

I have a shit helmet. I leave it on the bike hoping someone will steal it

Just carry it. You never know wen someone might decide to shit in it if you leave it.

carry it around.

Never leave your helmet around.

How do i get over the fear of crashing my bike? It scares me so much that I don't want to ride

I want to do a Euro tour on my 125.

Is it going to be quite bad for the engine?

There are some aftermarket helmet locks, can be hard to tell if it will work on your bike though.

go to the doctor and ask for a prescription for two (2) testicles.

Hey sorry if this is dumb. I'm admittedly a newfag.
Is the back wheel skidding when you stop quickly a bad thing? I've only had to do it a couple times and it gets my heart up, but nothing crazy.

Even if you have a helmet lock you shouldn't use it, they really aren't good for anything.

Not at all. Your bikes engine was built to run. If do the required maintenance it will.

Remind yourself that literal 16 year olds can do it without dying.

Its certainly not a good thing, practice braking until you get it down without locking up a tire.

What bike and where are you from?

sweet I'm gonna do UK to Portugal.

It's bad because you won't slow down as effectively but it's not really dangerous unless you do it while slowing in a turn.

10-4. Thanks!

Rear wheel skidding isn't great, it means you're giving too much rear brake and if you skid too far out then regain traction you can highside. A little skid won't kill you but it's a bad habit to get into.

You actually need to let off the rear brake as you tighten up on the front, because the harder you brake the lighter the rear wheel gets and the less brake you can put on it.

Guys, are these good motorcycles boots?
They are on sale for 8$ and i don't think the extra safety is really worth the pricetag

What kind of bike do you ride? I am honestly of the opinion that most people shouldn't use the rear brake

Want some company?

No I'm a loner.

aren't you afraid of going over the handle bars?

Me too, bro.

the rear brake's importance during stopping is greatly overstated to beginners for some reason, more than 90% of your power will come from the front brake and usually the rear can be handled with engine braking, I know track braking isn't emergency braking but the engine braking on my bike is actually stronger than I'd want sometimes and causes the rear to move a bit.

Personally Imo don't bother with it because when that adrenaline is high in an emergency situation you might lock it up and that can cause more problems than it solves.

You do know that your front brake is like 90% of your braking power?

no, I'm afraid my brother might one day because he gets close to balance point on stoppies but I'm not worried.

Can a bike be used as a daily driver?

I very seldom use the rear brake.

Typically my rear wheel is slipping and weaving with downshifts alone.

I use it for controlling my speed with cruise control on and hands off the bars more than anything.