>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/KnUH4fv1

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oOg5VxrRTi0
youtube.com/watch?v=O1g31nPkKoA
youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA
youtube.com/watch?v=6RlSgnpLbro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do i boss invasion? Darksign and homeward bone disable when invasion message pops

reminder that Vordt is a girl
A GIRL

MY WAIFU
find me cute pictures of Vordt

that's the first half of it

use the disabled darksign, then heal aid and use another item - estus works best

if you lose your souls upon drinking estus you will boss invade

if you had no souls, you can tell by no invasion message and enemies aggroing even unseeded

So this is your delusion to try and justify the fact that you were sniffing his ass, a man's ass, for several minutes (maybe hours if you are that bad)?

dark hand is the best fist weapon

What music are they playing?

Use disabled darksign, then use a spell (heal aid) then take a sippy.
All the actions have to be right after one another

Upon drinking, you lose all souls.

In the boss-invade world, you're permanently seeded.

xth for who is still playing this and why?

>invading another world: try to use darksign
>invading a host of ember's world as a dark spirit: heal aid and estus

CUTE

>love Garl's armor and shield
>love how it looks with war scythe
>also love how it looks with Demonbrandt
>have pure black character tendency
>I decide to go pure white for Demonbrandt
>no PSN so offline
>have to kill the 5 black phantoms in PBBW in each world
>use soulsucker for 3 of them
>discover later that killing them with soulsucker doesn't change the character tendency
>mfw

I might as well start a new game, I already was in NG+3

Also Xth for BEST HUSBANDO

Get fucked, Vordt

fuck off alex

Me because I just got it.

What do people like about artorias's armor? The helmet is all fucked up and those chicken legs are absolutely disgusting

suck my dick vyro

I love the scarf
We don't have enough scarfs

I remember the emerald herald doing the same some times in Majula.

LE GUTS XD LE WOLF XD

>What reason is there to make rolling shit unless you dump lots of points into agility while also making every enemy in the game have huge tracking?
That's actually a pretty good mechanic. It rewards you for being able to roll well. If you can roll tight, you need no more than 88 agility to get you through the game and for PvP. If you just spam that button like a little bitch - well, you gonna have to pay extra.

I'm trying to set Dark Souls on steam up again, but I can't make the fucking mouse work. I recall having this issue last time, but I don't remember how I fixed it. I got the dinput8dllWrapper dsmfix.dll line in dsfix.ini but it doesn't seem to want to read it cause my cursor is still visible and scroll target switching doesnt work

>discord fellating has begun in thread more than ever

I'm going to finger in Irithyl, but not summon phantoms.
Will I get invasion fun?

>That's actually a pretty good mechanic.
It would be if there was a visual cue that your roll was better. It's a similar situation to poise, but with poise there's no timing involved, just raw numbers.

Me, because I love the Pee Vee Pee

>his
prove it, big boy~~~

Yes

>acutally enjoying Dark Souls III pvp

>but with poise there's no timing involved, just raw numbers.
I mean, in order to test it as a new player.

No

hey everyone im pretty new to dark souls 3,

What is a very good weapon for a sorc early game i just cant seem to find one (my end game is that pretty cool friede's great scythe)

>It's because they wanted to make fall exploration part of the game more, with the pit and such
Just arbitrarily making you take more damage from falls isn't exploration, it's just a pointless sink on your resources. Even stuff like going down the wooden rafters to get the fire longsword in forest of giants at the first bonfire, makes you take little dints of damage as you make your way down because they just don't have ladders for parts of it. Why do this?

>They also give you silver cat ring right away, and that changes fall damage to about the same as DS1.
Instead of spending lots of souls and a limited ring slot, what reason is there that the game couldn't just be like the first game? Just make getting into the pit slightly higher of a drop so it's still fatal or something. DS1 had plenty of falling exploration in places like sens and the catacombs without just making it so any drop larger than your character made you take a tiny sliver of damage.

>To avoid early game twinks from having godly rolls without some compromise somewhere else.
Except twinks would in theory be punished by soul memory if it worked in the obvious way it should have. And there are other ways they could've balanced ds1 twinks that have amazing rolling besides just forcing a shitty stat dump to again do something ds1 lets you do from the start. balancing the game around a pvp imbalance that makes it so the pve is radically changed is a really stupid and shortsighted decision.

>No bonfire runs.
Again, why make a change that fucks over everyone that plays the game to target a much smaller amount of the playerbase?

>DS2 controls character progression through how many areas you've explored
except you use more big titanite to upgrade than small. It works backwards from how it would make sense that you can easily super upgade weapons but the starting one is limited, and it just punishes you for upgrading a weapon that actually sucks because you didn't realize it.

raw straight sword, INT is shit untill near endgame

I can't imagine being able to do well in PvP with base agility.
The way the netcode works in these games, I would think having minimal ADP makes reliably evading attacks impossible or at least very hard to feel confident in.
Obviously I've never tried this, though, so if other people have gotten it to work it would be neat to see.

It's my favorite PvP in the series. The feel of the weapons is just too damn good, even if the whole thing is rather unbalanced.

Garl Vinland cosplay y/n

Did you start as Sorcerer or Pyro?

sorcerer
although if i cant find a good sorcerer weapon for early game i will go pyro.

someone has to know the solution here

Use a controller like everyone else

I'm so glad this is getting patched out.

>180

>it's just a pointless sink on your resources.
Isn't Souls games all about managing ressources, though? I find it weird to complain about that since it's the entire point of those games, not the actual combat skills.

> It's like a vendor mimic. The second vender exists in case you kill the first one.
Have you actually played this game? The other boss soul vendor sells completely different stuff from the guy in the cell. If he dies you are just fucked from getting any of those weapons. It's not like a mimic at all because you can see the enemies everywhere in plain sight, you just have to hope you can take them all out fast enough before they wake up every time. It's a cheap move.

>Because invasions were probably the worst part of the game experience for a lot of first time players
Isn't this why way of blue exists? lagstab giantdad is a build that doesn't work in DS2 anyway and when they intentionally made the game full of dick moves like the """vendor mimic""", enemies right next to bonfires or the random wodden plank in the pit that just breaks and kills you, why "casualize" the game in this way by neutering one of the previous games most famous features?

>Because most of those "issues" were things that other people were glad they got rid of from DS1.
Excuse me? People wanted to waste time spending points in adaptability before putting in points to use Cool Big New Weapon? People wanted to fuck themselves out of upgrading their weapon to +3 because they used a small titanite and can only buy big ones? People wanted invasions to be worthless, leveling up to take forever and for it to be impossible to connect with other players if you die a bunch because of soul memory?

>It's just not always clear if it worked out or if they could have done it better.
It's extremely clear, you yourself said that most of these things didn't work out all that well and just offered an explanation on what they were going for while most of the time ignoring half of my point. Some of these things are things that either ALREADY HAD SOLUTIONS in the previous games that worked better, or had very obvious fixes that everyone was talking about.

With base - no, you can't. You need at least 88. It gives you the same amount of i-frames as DaS1 fat roll. I've hundreds of hours playing 150 arena with that agility. You know how i deal with chaos blade shitters? I simply stand still and roll through their attacks until they switch weapons.

How much STR/DEX?
If you go 10 STR you can use a longsword and infuse it with crystal. If you go pyro you could get 10 DEX and use raw ASS.
If you plan on using sorcereries Sorcerer is the best class if you don't use any weapons with FTH reqs. If you want to use weapons with FTH reqs, like ASS, Immolation Tinder, and Cleric's Candlestick, Pyro is better.

How else would you do it?

I still get invasions to this day on my SL220 main.

there's a difference between "I need to use this healing item to survive these fights because I fucked up and got hit" and "I need to use this healing item because the developers arbitrarily decided this drop doesn't have a ladder and is too high to land safely"

If you can't see this then you're probably someone that thinks the agape ring is a good "fix" for soul memory

Why are your comments exclusively about PVP when talking about a single player game with some online elements?

>I can't imagine being able to do well in PvP with base agility.

But with this much you can roll through Smelter's downward slam. Or everything else.

How am I supposed to effectively use Black Serpent?

crystal sage raper is pretty good early game, it scales off of int for damag but you need high dex to use it.

Oh, I should've noticed that you said 88, not 85. I never knew until now that there's nearly double the iframes between the two.

Also, I never noticed that agility apparently raises item/estus use speed, it must be a more gradual thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=oOg5VxrRTi0

You need to spend points just so you can get fat rolling, something that was a PENALTY in ds1 as a trade off for having lots of armor.

Spending my hard earned souls to level up and get the equivalent of a penalty, how is that good design?

Agility is a lazy solution to a problem (rolling is too good in pvp) that doesn't actually adress any of the underlying issues (fix the shit netcode and hitboxes) while also not meshing with any of design changes the game introduced with it (like shields being worse and enemies having crazy tracking) because they were lazy and didn't think things through

Just because you CAN roll through stuff at that level doesn't mean it's somehow not a shit mechanic. Ignoring the fact that comparing it to DS1 fatrolling without any of the poise/armor benefits that would be associated with it is dishonest, why exactly should you balance the game where either you're a top player that can perfectly time rolls or you get to spend tons of points? When the last game had a system that didn't have a shitty point sink and the current game is constantly taking elements from that game, you can't argue that comparing it to previous games is unfair.

>tfw they never brought the sack back

Has anyone ever made something that could be considered a "good" map of any souls game?

Even true overhead of 3 would be interesting. I understand the difficulties.

>there's a difference between "I need to use this healing item to survive these fights because I fucked up and got hit" and "I need to use this healing item because the developers arbitrarily decided this drop doesn't have a ladder and is too high to land safely"
The thing isn't that they're both connected. In the second situation, you sacrifice resources for the sake of exploration even though you know it might lead to not having enough for a surprise boss fight or enemy. You can make a safe choice or a dangerous choice and they both lead to certain rewards. You don't know what's ahead, so it's not pointless. In the first situation, you're talking about skill, but like I said, the games aren't about skill, they're about resource management, because you can easily beat those games just by blocking with a good shield, which takes no skill. For example, you have a limited amount of herb to use before you start farming them or spending cash to get more in DeS, so you have to be careful which tunnels or pits you want to take to succeed or become better. In DaS1, you can spend humanity on defense+item discovery, healing or bonfire kindling, and each choice you make with them is a sacrifice for the other thing. Choosing between normal Estus and Ash Estus in DaS3 is the same thing. Choosing to spend lifegems, estus, poison heal, heal+poison heal, spell restore, heal+spell restore in DaS2 is the same thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1g31nPkKoA

youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

>The thing isn't
The thing is*

youtube.com/watch?v=6RlSgnpLbro

>something that was a PENALTY in ds1 as a trade off for having lots of armor.
The true penalty in DaS1 was not the iframes, which is just timing, the penalty was the recovery and roll distance, which isn't affected by AGL.

I agree, though doesn't the in-game description of agility explain that it makes your rolls better and use items faster?

I have a better way to sum up how fucking stupid this point is

rolling in DS1 was a trade off (in theory) between good rolling and good armor/poise. you're picking one good thing or another good thing and either is generally instant gratification. This falls apart at a high level meta pvp, but that's a relatively small part of the overall game and something that could've been rather easily fixed in DS2 instead of just removing the system entirely.

in DS2 the trade off is instead skill vs time. You can either be really skilled and just roll through everything with low adaptability, or you can spend time leveling up adaptability (and take more TIME killing stuff because you didn't level up a stat that does something useful). If you spend a LOT of time you can even get the best of both worlds because now your weight doesn't effect iframes unless you get really heavy in DS2 (which is part of the reason why they nerfed poise in this game, I assume, meaning their bad idea effected other parts of the game like a shit design cancer).

Most players can't actually make that initial choice to just be really skilled, so instead you have to be shitty for a while and level up before your character can be fun and good like in a fucking MMO or something. All because the devs felt you needed enough good boy points to "earn" something you could do in the first game

> the penalty was the recovery and roll distance,
this would be a fair point if it wasn't for the fact that every roll in DS2 besidse the 70% roll has the same recovery and the distance doesn't matter given the enemy attacks in this game that have huge range and tracking. If you don't have the timing/iframes you WILL take super armor hits

Any good ways to counter turtles for a pyromancer?
DS3

Invaders get 25% more health and 25% more damage per summoned phantom.
This buff intensifies if the host attempts summons more after they are slain.

But game gives you a lot more levels, specifically so that you could raise more stats. You can raise agility and be as powerful as you were in DaS1, or you could not raise it and be more powerful.

I love getting these couldn't join session messages while trying to invade

DS2 shot itself in a foot with agility on a fundamental level even in pve because devs were forced to confirm that the game is playable even with base agility. So majority of mobs have extremely primitive movesets you can avoid just by strafing back to the sides. Hilariously, it concerns even the majority of bosses with shit like dragonrider or pursuer being most notable example as you can walk around them without a lock and never get hit.

PCFC?
Demon Bridge?
Pass: dsg

It says that it "increases the ease of evasion" and doesn't mention anything about estus drinking speed. But like I said, it's not something a new player could easily test because it's timing related, not number related, so it would take some skill to just try to compare rolls. In DaS1, you could kind of get an idea of the roll difference because of the animations.

>every roll in DS2 besidse the 70% roll has the same recovery and the distance doesn't matter given the enemy attacks in this game that have huge range and tracking
Actually, roll distance is more important than you think in DaS2 because of the lingering hitboxes on attacks. Low equip load also increases stamina regeneration speed, so you "recover" your rolls' stamina to make more at different speeds depending on equip load.

That doesn't somehow make "spend a bunch of level ups on this boring stat instead of something that feels fun and lets you do cool stuff" good design

It also meshes really badly with soul memory, spending a ton of levels on adaptability will at best make you way less effective than other players in co op/pvp and at worse push you out of soul level limit in every area you happen to be in compared to other players that didn't level up adaptability a bunch

All of this when they could've just NOT done this, but that would've meant they had to actually think on how to make roll vs armor fair instead of just slapping them both behind leveling up stats that are otherwise largely useless like an mmo.

i'm in

>>every roll in DS2 besidse the 70% roll has the same recovery and the distance doesn't matter given the enemy attacks in this game that have huge range and tracking
>Actually, roll distance is more important than you think in DaS2 because of the lingering hitboxes on attacks. Low equip load also increases stamina regeneration speed, so you "recover" your rolls' stamina to make more at different speeds depending on equip load.

>Royal Soldiers in the Forest of Fallen Giants can parry you
holy fucking shit

Ah, that's a fair point.

It still seems like rationalization for a bunch of stuff that just shouldn't have been in the game, like huge nonsensical lingering hitboxes or making stamina regen tie into equip weight on a 1-1 scale (which is again a really lazy and simplistic way to "balance" things)

One option would be dark infused carthus shotel. If you are not against it, tumblebuffing it with dark weapon would make it even more effective. Just two hand and go to town. Innate shield piercing + dark element (which players are often most weak to) should help.

HAHA MAN THIS GAME SURE IS FUCKING FUN

I SURE AM GLAD THIS A-TEAM MADE THE PVP PERFECT

any dark-infused weapon, black flame and patience
keep healing miracles ready if you see them being too much of passive asshats

I wanted to make this SL 20. Should I lower VIT and just not roll?

Looks like bad players. You will win.

>shitty weapons
>shields that will get broken from two attacks
>like 700 HP because of downscale
and the problem is

just because miyazaki was around doesn't make it "a-team". game design is not just the one japanese man that gets interviewed you cretin. almost none of the people that made ds1 worked in either 2 OR 3 just going by the credits.

>he brought back Tanimura for online balance

I'll mess up my sleep schedule again if I join...

>A Team
I can't wait for this to die.
The groups that made I and III have almost no one in common.

It's definitely experimental. I feel like stamina regen speed tied on equip load wouldn't make sense if the rolls were balanced like DaS1 with fast, mid and fat roll. Fast roll was the reason to get low equip load in DaS1 and good armor/poise was the reason to get high equip load. With the DaS2-DaS3 system of 70% for fatroll, there's no real reason to get low equip load in either games if stamina regen speed wasn't a factor. Roll distance somewhat matters if there's lingering hitboxes like in DaS2, but if it's like DaS3, then it's not worth sacrificing all the armor.

PvP shines best when you're duelfagging anyways.

In invasions you're supposed to be a glorified enemy to be fought by the host and his buddies, you're not meant to win every fight. You only do that if you're really good. Setting them back and making them use a lot of estus is already enough according to From.

Just give this one guy one fight...

if that was true DaS3 would actually be balanced and ultras wouldn't be SHIT

My last 8 invasions have all been 3 man ganksquads, with the 7th having a seed.

I'm not a fucking obstacle since the host gets estus back if I die.

Hollows deserve to be purged

DS2 was unbalanced garbage and ultras were almost as shit as in DS1.
More importantly, Tanimura clearly hates invasions and tried to fuck them over even in DS3 with seeds which are his own innovation for the series.

Literally all ADP did was give you control over your iframes, and then make you have to earn that control.

It would be no different than if they added some system that let you swap movesets, but made you pay souls each time you swapped them. Just like soul vessels or estus flask shards or fire keeper souls. It adds player agency by making you choose how effective your iframes are, that's all.

I'm pretty sure no one thought about it more than "Let's add a mechanic that exerts control over their iframes without being tied to roll distance. That would add more customization."

Which makes sense given that it comes from the AC devs, and literally EVERYTHING like that in AC is controlled by the player's choices.

>dsp is playing dark souls again

You need to make him lose 2 estus. If you hit 5 r1s you did your job. You shoupd be able to hit 5 even against ganks

Anyone want to help a pure caster sorc kill ng+ freja? I want paledrake soul but my sorceries do diddly damage, and I don't think I have enough pyromancy casts to do it alone. PC, sotfs, 1mil SM, waiting right by the fog door to freja. Don't have a name ring because I forgot and literally only just remembered to get one as I was typing this.

Rose of Ariandel is sleeper high tier
>can get a lightning stake off a riposte and combo into 2 R1s
>reinforced club moveset but bigger hitbox, surprisingly long and thick
>miracle buff increases stamina recovery
>does more bleed damage than other bleed weapons, tumble buffed with Carthus Rouge it is insane
>great for roll catching

>mfw i just summon gangbanged Pontiff Sulyvahn
>mfw i feel terrible about it

i feel like i cheesed a great boss while only in NG

i guess i could see someone cheesing him in NG+, but i just feel like a dick for doing it in NG