Hey Veeky Forums

hey Veeky Forums

I recently had to get my car painted because of a peel gone wild.

The guys told me to wait 2 weeks before I took it to any car washes. So I waited a month.

When i was using the free vacuums i SAW scratches all across the top of the trunk. The rest of the car is fine. I remembered thinking the guy with the large brush was a little rough before i went through. (he hit the back while the other guy did the front)

Anyway I spoke to a manager, got the run around and now I'm ready to sue. Am I being too dramatic?

My paint was literally flawless before I ran it through. I rarely drive this car, and haven't touched the paint before.

They're denying it's their fault. $130 will get me a court date at small claims.

There's more to the story but this is getting long winded. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t0r9BGpCMzc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>maaco tier paint job
>paying someone to brush wash your car
Sounds like instead of looking for lawsuits you should just stop making bad decisions

it was maaco lol. i really just went for the free vacuums. so you just wrote to take a jab? Thanks for the bump anyway

baka always get a touchless wash.

dubs,

OK obviously, from now on im hand washing. what's your thought on the situation. what would you do. I mean these assholes def scratched my paint up. I keep my car clean, it looks nice

>$130 will get me a court date at small claims
Buy a random orbital and fix it yourself.

That sucks, I've never seen a brush scratch a car like that. Didn't think it was possible honestly.

buff it up and move on.

next time get a real painjob and wash your own car you fucking sped.

i kind feel that way too but I got a real problem with littlte shit kids fucking up my fresh paint.

So you went to a chain car wash that wash your car in like 15 fucking minutes and then $30 later you expect a flawless job???

If you're not going to a specialized detail shop to get your car washed you are a shit head for expecting anything different then what's happened to your paint.

Like lol. First off you have THE hardest color to keep looking good. You expected some flawless job from a non DIY budget car wash, and you think they fucked up? Naw you're just now paying for being a cheap fuck.

Please don't tell me when you go to the DIY car wash bays and actually use the fucking brushes?

no assclown i usually do autobell and its been fine before. i just do the $4 ride through. then use my own tire shine but they dont vacuum. SO i fucking went to this place. this isn't a normal situation.you jabroney. kiss my ass and learn to read

If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

No matter what lawsuit you win, you will never be happy with the resolution.

For the cost of a lawsuit you can buy a polisher and fix it yourself.

i own a business and don't mess peoples property up. if i did i'd fix it. that's why my brain is exploding right now

Lol u dumb. Please learn to wash your own car. Please don't expect these DIFM places to be any decent. Yes they apparently fucked up, but you also are fucking up for even considering a car wash there in the first place.

i have a town house. we dont have a place to wash cars. with the exception of me bringing gallons out to the parking lot.

Ive gone to the same place for over 6 years, those brushes were new and the rest of the paint was fine.

pull you head out of your ass you plebian mongoloid

It's going to fall apart within 3 years, don't sweat a few scratches

came with 4 year warranty. it's more about the principle.

>what's your thought on the situation. what would you do.

NEVER use brushes. Even the plastic brushes with split ends you see sold at wal-mart or big box stores scratch. Brushes are efficient because they are "self cleaning" unlike microfiber handheld mitts.

Maaco is an okay paint job. It only looks bad because the trim, handles, and windows aren't removed for a proper painting like at a non-discount body shop. If you live in a place that is full of vandals or people who bang into your car, getting anything more than Maaco is a waste of money.

Avoid direct sun. Cleaning without brushes is easy. Rinse off big grit and mud. Then spray soapy solution and let it soak in. Lots of suds is good here as the suds keep the grimy surface in contact with soap. Rinse off with hard spray.

I don't like buckets. In one hand I keep spraying soapy solution while in the other I have one of those microfiber mitts with lots of closely spaced fluffy fingers hanging from it. I very gently wipe with very little pressure while some soapy water flows to lubricate and carry off grime. Start at top and go around the car, progressively getting lower and lower. Remember to rewet the roof to keep water spots from forming. When you get to the door level, you need to spray the mitt occasionally to make sure any grit is washed off before starting to wipe some more. Do not use mitt on tires or that mitt will no longer be usable for painted surfaces.

Since you own a business, just go to a brushless car wash. Before I got rid of an older car (which had excellent paint), I washed it there several times and noticed NO scratches from there. So with my new car, if I am in a rush, I use that car wash to get things clean, then drive home and give it a cursory wash before drying it and waxing. Commercial washes are usually worst at cleaning the back of the car so always check there.

Thank you

I hve a ton of micro fiber towels & def wouldn't share the wheel with paint.

I drink a gallom of water everyday soni have a lot of jugs laying around. I don't mind bringing them out to my car.

I haven't really gotten an answer on filing suit. I mean it won't take too long & at court, apparently decisions are made within 5-10 minutes.

However, if Veeky Forums thinks I do or don't have a case is still a mystery

>I drink a gallom of water everyday soni have a lot of jugs laying around.
People who use buckets use the 5 gallon buckets. One has soapy water. One has clean water. Some will have a 3rd bucket of clean water. The soapy water is for rinsing the mitt of particles and getting more soapy water to wipe the car with.

That is called the bucket system. But if you have a garden hose available, you can attach a soap sprayer attachment which lets you switch from soapy water to clean water. Harbor freight sells it in their car washing section. It's quite a time saver compared to walking back and forth to the buckets.

There are past Veeky Forums threads on detailing which described how some people washed or waxed their cars step by step.

You probably don't have a case. Odds are the wash has a posted sign saying they're not responsible for any damages.

Car washes are KNOWN to wreck paintjobs.

10 4,
now that's a beauty

Then why did you let them dipshit? That will literally buff out and maybe you'll learn not to pay 10bux to have minimum wage losers wash your car with a brush. Holy shit you're retarded.

you're probably right. also it's hard to see in most light anyway. just swirls. however, you probably wouldn't be forgiving to someone who gave you herpes, just because it only flares up sometimes. right?

still not happy about it but whatever.

I know how to present myself in a court & the carwash guy is a mumbling moron. He even forgot to hang up when he left me my voicemail. Have his whole conversation with the regional manager on my voicemail.

The manager didn't show me any signs & even said once i contacted them through the website someone would come out and look at the damages. then gave me a business card with 2 invalid phone numbers on it.

I don't think he thought I was going to write them. So he calls and leaves a message, then forgets to hangup. I over hear him saying they're not taking responsibility. Then "a little, little" I assume the guy he was talking too asked if my paint was scratched. . . Got it all on tape :/

I'm confident that I'm smarter than you & can beat you like a cheap rug. Thanks for the bump

WEW black cars are gorgeous when they're freshly cleaned. I've heard it's almost impossible to maintain that though. Why does nature have to ruin everything?

You say that but my car isn't scratched to shit so....

Also I own a place where I can wash my car not some rented apartment in the high crime uburn sprawl shit hole you live in. Furthermore we're never going to fight and even if we where and you won it wouldn't prove you're smarter and the fact you imply it would or even bring up physical strength kinda makes you sound dumb.

you car's not ruined and you can fix it yourself.
why are you pursuing legal action? that seems extreme for something so minor.

If your paint was literally peeling off there might be a case but come on you cunt.

he's suing a carwash place for minor paint scuffs, he's clearly not got all the braincells firing.

or more money than sense.
OP you are what's wrong with America just FYI.

well played.
I own a town home in one of the wealthiest areas of my city. The place I got my car washed is a pretty quiet little town. I grew up there so I like to visit sometimes. You just blindly assume all types of conclusions. Most likely reflecting your own position. Hence; minimum wage & stupidity.

>kinda makes you sound dumb.
>"Then why did you let them dipshit? That will literally buff out and maybe you'll learn not to pay 10bux to have minimum wage losers wash your car with a brush. Holy shit you're retarded."
Spoken like Wordsworth himself.

And you can relax string bean, I'm just stating the facts. Know your role and shut your mouth lol
think i can just get some wax on wax off action? cocksucker.

Isn't the REAL problem letting shit like this slide? To the point that any time you go out in public, you just get your burger spit on, dry cleaning half-assed & paint scratched?

>"or more money than sense"
;)

>Isn't the REAL problem letting shit like this slide? To the point that any time you go out in public, you just get your burger spit on, dry cleaning half-assed & paint scratched?

No you fucking rip into the employee who did it and his manager, never go to that business again, and use what resources you have (like the fucking internet) to convince others that they do sub-par work.
You will damage their business worse than if you just sued them, because ABSOLUTELY NOBODY gives a fuck if a business has been sued by some over-litigous prick, but nobody wants a half-assed wash job either. Post you shit on normiebook or yelp or whatever. You gotta do way more legwork but at least you don't like like a fucking jackass suing a place over shit that will literally buff right out.

im not as worried about damaging their business as I am them paying for my inconvenience. Besides, they have my contact info; not trying to publicly defame them, when a disgruntled employee can return the favor

will probably let it rest tho, seems most peoples conclusion is it isn't so bad.

Gonna confirm some of the comments here
there's a specific method to keeping your paint perfect, you can watch some of the /DRIVE clean vids on youtube to learn them.
Paint is crazy easy to scratch, and if someone who's not a professional detailer touches my car I would scan for scratches. I'm not even talking as bad as the ones you posted, I'm talking the fine swirling and tiny knicks. It takes me 60-90 minutes to clean my car, but my paint is near flawless, maintained from when I bought it new two years ago.
What you showed can be buffed out, but know that 99% of people don't know how to wash a car properly.

use some scratch cover polish and start washing your own car

Well those new details change things a little. Maybe you would win in small claims. A recorded conversatiin to thaat effect would look pretty damning.
Do look into recording conversation laws in your state, though. Places like California require consent of both parties.
I wish you luck with whatever you decide on. Keep the experience in mind. Automated car washes will generally always fuck your paint to some degree. If you care about the finish, look into washing it yourself or take the car to a detailer that knows what they're doing.

Whatever chump. Minimum wage my ass. My paycheck this week could pay for that shit Maco job. Enjoy being a city cuck to stupid to keep his paint decent.

I looked up the laws, only one person needs consent in my state. Even if not, I would just say; "I assumed you wanted me to hear that conversation since you didn't hang up"

Better call Saul style

I paid $1k for the job, only because the paint on that car started peeling, it's 20 years old and I like it looking pretty.

I think you can get one at maaco for like 300 bucks but I got some upgrades along with two tone.

ya jackass

Only 1k...Guess I could have it painted twice then ya cunt. Could pay for a new color faster than them fuckers could get it done.

what's your point?

Why not just buff it out?

You fucked up bringing it to a wash and letting. Someine who isn't you touch your car. You have no way to prove those scratches weren't caused by you.

You fucked up accept it and try to fix it instead of pointing fingers.

That yer a cunt.

So let's recap this thread for those who are too lazy to read;

>Op goes to a cheap carwash on fresh black paint
>It gets a little scratched from someone making minimum wage
>Op is ready to sue
>Asks for validation from fucking Veeky Forums of all places
>Gets into petty arguments with anyone that disagrees with him
>Turns out op is a spoiled fuck who owns "a townhome in a wealthy city"
>Tldr autism skyrockets after a few scratches but it's irrelevant considering no matter how careful you are someone is going to ding your doors, the paint will fade from the sun, it will rust, and many other factors

Tldr op is a faggot

yeah, anyone who just starts cussing out of nowhere gets the same treatment. It's called the golden rule.

Oh ya I heard of the golden rule. You ever hear the one called act like an adult? Because starting arguments with people online is not a good start.

Cut your losses, and if a few scratches really triggers you as much as these people itt, go get it repainted.

Utilizing resources here, even if it is cancer ridden.

What do you know about being an adult?

youtube.com/watch?v=t0r9BGpCMzc

Dude, you're cringey as heck. Veeky Forums isn't your echo chamber.

How the fuck do I block a thread from view? I'm tired of seeing this brat's whiny bullshit on the first page.

>using a brush
Dirt gets trapped in the brush and will scratch your paint.
>going to a car wash
lmao
>getting someone else to wash your car
>WITH A BRUSH

OP you deserve everything you get.
Just look up Chris FIx How to Superclean your Car. Then fucking clean it yourself in your goddamn driveway.

you just bumped it up lol